Library

Register
Sign in
  Back

Finally A Hiding Spot  Open   Abandoned 

Kyden walked into the library and gasped. He was shocked at just how many books there were in there. He wandered around a finally found himself in the back of the library walking among the shelves. He wandered around pulling books off the shelves that looked interesting to him. Finally when his stack was getting to heavy for this scrawny boy to carry he lugged the books to a corner and sat on the floor. He spread them out around him and closed his eyes waving his hand over the books before stopping and picking up the one he stopped on. The book he had was titled "The Creature Vault."

He smiled at the title of the book and leaned back against the wall. He loved that this part of the library was so empty. He was free to just lose himself in the books. He didn't have to worry about his tormentors finding him here. He highly doubted they would even step foot into the library. He laughed to himself. He opened up his book and began reading. Soon he found himself lost in the book loving what he was reading about all these dangerous creatures. He loved reading. He loved learning even more. He just wished he didn't have to do everything alone.
Last edited by Bloom Silverton on 29th March 2018, 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kyden Zarye Goodlow // Editor for the Slytherin News-magazine //

Sophie walked into the Library. She had seen the Library way too many times. (As she had pulled tons of in-found pranks here.) She quietly slipped in and out of the library shelves, scanning for as many books as possible. She had found a total of four books piled in her arms, all the sizes of Webster dictionaries. How the girl was planning to read all of these within the week, was beyond anyone really.
She made her way towards the usually empty back of the library, but saw a boy sitting at a table. Thinking about it was kind of rude, but, hey, this was Hogwarts... And she didn't have very many friends to start off with.
"Hi! Sorry, may I sit here? I prefer this quiet side of the library as well. I'm Sophie, Sophie Murphy of the Gryffindor Residence." She'd say quietly, incase the Librarian overheard. The Librarian was already suspicious that Sophie had pulled the pranks, despite Sophie denying this claim profusely. The only real reason she had been denying this claims, was the fear of her being kicked out, and never be able to be in the quiet, and knowledgeable library. She offered the boy a small quick smile as she listened to his reply.

Reducio
Oof, sorry if you didn't want anyone to reply. Just tell me and I'll delete the thread :3

Goodbye lovelies!

He was deep into his second book when he heard a girl speak. He looked up from his book and smiled. He really didn't mind having some company it would be nice to not be completely alone. "Sure I don't mind. Uhh make yourself at home." He looked at the girl for a minute before speaking again. "I'm Kyden from Slytherin." He put his book down and picked up another sitting by him. He loved reading and could read a good sized book in just a matter of a few hours. He loved coming to the library for some many reasons. It was quite and he loved the smell of books. It was odd to admit that but it was true. "So I take it you like to read huh? I love reading. I do my homework and then come here and read most of the times I am here until the librarian kicks me out. I can't help it I just love reading. I love escaping my world for other ones you know." He took a breath and looked at the girl who had sat at the table next to him. She looked nice but there was a mysterious air about her.

She grinned, but she knew what the boy had meant. Reading and books seemed to come naturally to her, well, at least, more naturally than anything else. Of course, how quickly and how developed she was into the book. For instance, if she had read a book about History, the most boring subject, it would take her a few days to finish it, depending on how long it is. Or if she read a Quidditch book, it would take her less than an hour, no matter how long the book is. Of course, books themselves are mysterious fractions and quantities of the world, just written down for the few that would love to see them, or, more or less, read them. 
She blinked, snapping back into a paradox reality, not one she would prefer to be in, but it was the one she was born in, so she had to be grateful. She slipped into a chair across from the boy and opened her first book, 'Quidditch Through The Ages' Something she had read more than enough times. She opened the first page, the aura of the book greeting her like an old friend, The words were so familiar to her, yet she had never been able to memorize them. "Do you like Quidditch?" She'd ask, glancing up. This weirdness was usual to Sophie, questions were her favorite thing, it always made you know more about someone, and, someone could know more about yourself, though, that wasn't always good.

Goodbye lovelies!

He went back to reading his book as she was looking at hers. He looked up when she spoke again. A smile broke across his face as he nodded enthusiastically. "Oh absolutely I love Quidditch! I am hoping to be on the Slytherin team as Seeker but really I would happy with any position. I used to play mock games all the time back at the Orphanage."

He stopped talking and looked curiously at the girl. She seemed to be a girl of few words. She had a mysterious air about her and he really wanted to discover what exactly it was. He  went back to his book and stared at the pages. He was a fast reader. He always had been. He took a glance at his new acquaintance and wondered why she seemed so mysterious. "So do you have a favorite Quidditch Team? Do you play? What is your favorite position to play?" He usually didn't ask so many questions but he was really curious to learn more about this girl. She seemed to be the type of person that he could get along with really well. After all she had a love of reading just as he did. She also apparently liked Quidditch just as much if not more than him.

She'd nod. "Seeker would be Amazing to play. Even though my eye-sight is rubbish, remember the Famous Harry Potter? He had bad eyesight and he was one of the best seekers." She'd seem fond of her memory. Hundreds, if not Thousands of books were about Harry Potter, he just seemed like a really nice person. 
She finally read the first few pages, and they alone caught her interest. 'Animagi and Patronuses.'
Her own interest in Quidditch was nothing compared to her interest in Animagi and Patronuses, if, it could be compared. It was if the world revolved around animals. And to Sophie, it did. Being Able to cast a Patronus, or turn into an animal was really quite amazing! Because in hundreds of situations, it would be useful to be able to do either of those things.
"Do you know about Patronuses, or Animagi? The Transfiguration professor is an Animagi, you know." She was extremely fond of most things. And, animals being the first priority, made the small girl want to read more into her book. Even though the book itself wasn't about animals, it was still amazing to read about the animals, and what they contribute.

Goodbye lovelies!

He listened to her talk and nodded. He had already known about the Transfiguration professor. "Yes I know about Patronus and Animagi. It's pretty interesting but my true passion aside from Quidditch is Astronomy. Do you know about Messier 45 or many people tend to call it The Seven Sisters? Did you know that the Nine brightest stars of the Pleiades are named after the seven sisters of Greek Mythology and their parents? Sterope, Merope, Electra, Maia, Taygeta, Celaneo, and Alycone. Their parents were Atlas and Pleione. I already know quite a bit but I can't wait to learn more in astronomy."

He went back to his book as he waited for a response though truthfully he wasn't getting much reading at this moment. However he liked the fact that he was actually having a conversation with someone. Even if it was only snippets of one. He set his book down and looked up at the girl. He watched her for a few seconds before speaking again.

"So then I am guessing Transfiguration is your favorite class? I really love Astronomy, however Charms is up there with my favorite class also. I like them all really though I am having a tough time with DADA."

She'd shake her head. Her hair waved loosely, and left a few strands in front of her face. Despite this being barely noticeable, she hastily pushed her hair behind her ears. She didn't need her eyesight to get blocked, that's for sure.
"No way. I'm with you about Astronomy, its probably the best subject. DADA is really only a hard subject because how difficult professor Mellowrose is. I mean... No dissing him, he is a really great Professor, but he is really difficult person, just in general." She'd shrug. Her statement was more or less opinion, but a lot of people would agree with her. 
"I mean I love Defense Against the Dark Arts, but Yeesh! Charms I'm not doing so good in, I can barely pass the classes with A's. I've been hoping to get an E for Flying. Maybe I'm being Ambitious, but I am going to try to get a lot more E's and O's in my classes." She'd nod at herself. She was being ambitious, maybe that was why the hat had almost declared her Slytherin, but it had also Said Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff would suit her. Maybe not so much Hufflepuff, as she was very loud and very brave (or so she thought) But the hat is almost always right.

Goodbye lovelies!

"I don't think your being to ambitious. I mean I have E's and O's in everything except for one A in potions and 1 D in DADA but all my other assignments are E's and O's and I am eagerly waiting for more homework."

He laughed to himself. Who in there right mind would be eagerly awaiting homework but it was true. He was. He loved doing the homework and learning in the classes it was truly his favorite part of everything. "So then how are you doing in Astronomy?"

This girl was surprising and he still stuck with the thought that she was mysterious. "I wasn't so sure about the sorting hat at first. I mean I really don't feel that I belong in Slytherin however that is where I am so instead of loathing it like I was I am now happily embracing. Being a Slytherin isn't actually as bad as I thought really. I personally thought I would be in Ravenclaw or Gryffindor. However I can see myself as a Hufflepuff to really. It is really a funny thing that you never know which house. You think you have it all figured out but truth is you really have no clue.

Sophie nodded. She seemed cheerful. "Sometimes I wonder what would've happened if I was In a different house, or-or, if I hadn't been accepted into Hogwarts. What if I was accepted into Ilvermorney, or Beauxbatons? I mean, at the point in time when I was accepted, my dad had been moving me and my mum around different countries. But Hogwarts-, here, is my real home, that's for sure." She'd end her sentence on a high note, but, the main question had gotten to her.

'If I wasn't at Hogwarts, where would I be right now? Would I still be In a school's library? Or perhaps in a class? Would I have friends? Would the professors be as nice? Hmm. I wonder if one of the professors here are from another school... I bet so, But, I'd have to ask around to find out who. And, if I did ask, what would they say? Would they be upset? Or would they tell me about what its like there. I just need to stop worrying. Life turned out the way it did, and it happened for a reason. If I keep badgering myself about the past, I'll never get anywhere in the future.' She'd think.

Goodbye lovelies!

Kyden watched her. He could tell she was struggling with something mentally but he kept quiet for awhile. He thumbed through his book. Finally he spoke very softly. "If I wasn't accepted into Hogwarts I would still be at the Wizarding Orphanage. I would be making it day by day, waiting to turn 18 and be let free into the world. Which is exactly why I am grateful I was accepted. I would rather stay here all the time if I could. I can't imagine after being here and having so much fun exploring it will be fun to go back to the orphanage this summer." He stopped talking and looked back to his books. He wasn't quite sure why he just started spouting of at the mouth like that he usually doesn't let people that much into his guarded life right away like that. However he felt extremely comfortable in her company and felt that he could trust her. He hoped his judgment was right. "So then tell me what is your family like? I love hearing about all the different families since I don't really have one. I love seeing how different things are from family to family."

Sophie would shrug. Her family? Well the Rose family tree ended quite shortly (As both of her mothers parents died from Lord Voldemort), and her fathers side wasn't too long either. 
"Well, my mum's parents were murdered by Lord Voldemort, and her grandparents died from Dragon-Pox. My dad's parents died from Dragon-Pox too," She left out how she had blamed herself for their death, and why their death was why she was sitting in that very Library. "My mum had no siblings, but my dad has three brothers and a sister. Two of my uncles were killed in the battle of Hogwarts, when they were in school, and the uncle that lived, decided to move to America. My auntie lives here, and she sometimes visits, but most times she is just at her house bawling her eyes out over their deaths. I get grief, but honestly! It happened in 1998! 20 years ago!" She knew she couldn't really blame her aunt, after all, when her uncles had died, her own father grieved for a while. But he got back on his feet, met Sophie's mum, got married, and then had Sophie as a child. Her mother wanted more children, but Sophie and her father agreed that one was enough. 
It hadn't been but years after Sophie was born, when she realized why her father only wanted one child. His parents had had more than one, and two of their children died. 
"Yeah, but my family tree is pretty cut short anyway." Sophie ended her thought with the only words that made sense.

Goodbye lovelies!

Kyden listens to her talk about her family and nods. He was pretty shocked to hear her story really. he couldn't imagine the things her family had been through. He thought his life story was sad but her's however was just utterly heartbreaking. "I guess all families aren't so wonderful as I have seemed to imagine. However I bet you love your family all the same. Am I right? I mean it may not be the best and it may be broken per say but your family is still your family right? At least that is how I am thinking of it. Forgive me if I am over stepping any boundaries I shouldn't be." He blushed and stopped talking immediately. He didn't want to anger her or embarrass her so he simply just stopped talking.

He went back to his book. He wasn't exactly ignoring the girl but he wanted to give her the choice if she wanted to further the conversation they had started having or if she were to choose she could change the subject. However Kyden found himself hoping that she didn't simply just get up and walk away from him. He enjoyed her company. She was a very interesting girl.

Sophie stared at him. Her family wasn't the most interesting thing, what was he so embarrassed about?
"No, No! You're fine. My family is just as boring as any other family. And besides, what family, is perfect anyway? Mine sure isn't. And besides, we're okay now." She'd seem to leave out something else.
'And if it weren't for Lord Voldemort, they would've been the most perfect and lovable family, I'm sure of it.' Anger, bubbled from her stomach. If it weren't for the darkest wizard, her family would be hers once more. Without thinking, she let out a growl of rage. Her own thoughts were intercepting her voice.

"Er- Sorry. Just thinking. If Lord Voldemort wasn't a dark wizard, do you think so many people would be dead? Do you think that Harry Potter would be who he his? Do you think all these famous people would be famous? Sometimes I wonder what would've happened to my family, what if- what if, they lived? I would be so much more happier!" A few tears hit her cheek, but refusing to be weak whatsoever, Sophie rubbed them away with the sleeve of her black robes. Her tie lain loosely against her robes, she quickly re-did it. She straightened herself up, if she wanted to complete everything she did in life, she had to be strong about it.

Goodbye lovelies!

He sat quietly and let her express her feelings. He knew what she meant thought the whats if questions that things leave you with tend to eat at your soul. He learned that the hard way. He let the what ifs eat at him until that was all he ever thought about. What if he knew where his parents are? What if they never put him in the orphanage? What if, just what if?

"Well I speak from experience when I say don't let the what ifs eat at you. The way I look at it is this. If Voldemort wasn't a Dark Wizard somebody else would have been. Maybe Harry Potter wouldn't be who he is today but I am sure there would be somebody who was like Harry. I am positive that if it wasn't Voldemort and Harry it would be somebody else in both positions. To me that's just the way the world works you know. For all we know we could be living in a parallel universe where somewhere else maybe Voldemort is good and Harry is bad. It's weird I know to think of things that way but I think when you do it makes things a lot easier to understand. It makes you not hate life."

He looked at her and smiled hoping she got what he was saying. Sometimes he tended to ramble on and he always had trouble reeling himself in.

Back