Library

Register
Sign in
  Back

New Friend  PV Mae Winters   Closed 

Elsie responded to Mae's question with
"It's probably blocked off because some houses put there noses where they don't belong,"
Elsie said as she eyed some Gryffindors, personally Mae thought it would be some of the Slytherin's although she has no issue with that. Elsie then went on to rant about how the library shouldn't be closed and if a student needed something they should be able to get it.
"I agree, why does it need to be closed when we are almost always going to need information from here,"
Mae said agreeing with Elsie. She then went down to a bit of a whisper so she wouldn't annoy any others.
"And when you looked at the Gryffindors, I personally thought the bad eggs of Slytherin would try and go into the restricted section, although not all are bad eggs,"
Mae knew she definitely wanted to whisper that seeing as there were some Slytherins in the library and if she did raise her voice a brawl would probably start.
"I mean why do they want to hide this information from the good eggs, if they say what's in there is to not be handed to the wrong hands, why not hand it to the right ones?"
Mae said as she peeked a smile.

-Mae Winters-
"The Wooooorst"- Jean-Ralphio (Parks and Recreation)

"But not all of us are good eggs either." I countered. Time and time again through history it has been proven that anyone forms any house can be good or evil. It doesn't matter what where they were sorted into but the individual themselves and the life choices they make. My dad has told me several times that the house colors don't control the wizards fate. The wizard does. Again, My dad has lots of sayings.

Most likely they restricted that section because of the information. There are probably things that first years shouldn't need to see. Or they could use incorrectly. Curiosity killed the cat after all.

"Maybe they should make permit for trustworthy students." I suggested, "That way none of the 'bad eggs' or overly nosy people are still not allowed. But people who want the information purely for study or other agreeable reasons can have access to it." My idea wasn't perfect but maybe with a little help and extra work it could be a reasonable agreement to take up with the head Librarian and professors.

"I mean it wouldn't hurt to try. We could write a....a whats that word again?" I stopped telling Mae my idea. I couldn't think of the word I was trying to say. It wasn't an agreement. I remember hearing it before. Why did I have to forget what it was now? Come on brain think! "Why can I remember it?" I mutter. I looked to Mae for help while I also bit the bottom of my lip trying my hardest to concentrate. What was that word? I think it rhymed with admission? Was it's commission? No. Maybe permission? Not quite. Wait. I got it! "Petition!" I whisper yelled my eyes lighting up in realization. "We could write a Petition! A petition for students being allowed to go into the restricted section. We could even have a bunch of other student sign it too. Well, what do you think?"

Elsie N. Hoagland

Elsie told Mae that we are all bad eggs, Mae did believe her because not everyone from Each house was good nor bad and that a bunch of good eggs do come of of every house just the same as how each house can have a bad egg. Elsie then went on to explain to Mae about how most people aren't allowed in the restricted section due to the fact they may or may not be trustworthy. She then went on to propose how they should try and do a petition for trustworthy students to be allowed in the restricted section for study or for agreeable reason by the Librarian. Mae then said,
"Yeah I mean we could be the first generation to have some of the section open for students, first we could get signatures by owl, we could send owl's to the head of houses or teachers, see what they say and who we can get on our side, we could maybe then go to the Headmaster,"
Mae did think Elsie's idea was good and that the girl's might as well of tried, Mae wondered if they were the first students to ever petition to be allowed into the Restricted Section, Mae knew there were dark secrets back there but if only trustworthy people were allowed in, this could be a start of something new most likely never done at Hogwarts. 
"Although we should get one person from Hufflepuff, Slytherin, and Gryffindor to post up the petition in their house, because I know for sure 1 out of 4 houses won't suffice, and we should get some of the teachers, if the Headmaster is going to consider us we need signatures"
Mae said she was very confident with this because if they were going to get the Headmaster was to even acknowledge what they were doing they were going to need a lot of people. 

-Mae Winters-

I definitely agreed with Mae's point that we needed people from all four houses. It would be pointless to just have one house fight for access to the restricted section. It wouldn't be fair and the headmaster wouldn't agree to it. "Maybe we can find some of those good eggs along the way." I joked giving an exaggerated wink and failing in the process. Sometimes I'm too much for myself.

"Anyway, we should probably start by trying to get the house prefects on our side. More people will probably want to follow their lead." The more people we get for the this the more likely the teachers will before it. "I agree that we need to get the teachers to sign this as well but I think we should start asking other students. Work our way up as we go." The only problem with that plan was that I had no clue how to get people to sign this petition. "Speaking of which," I began resting my chin on top of my hands and my brows lightly furrowed in a thinking manner. "Which one of us is going to write this petition anyway? Plus how are we going to get people to sign it?"

Elsie N. Hoagland

Elsie seemed to agree with Mae's point by saying that one fight wouldn't get the headmasters attention. She then did a wink and kind of failed which was okay by Mae. She then went on to say that they should try and get some prefects on there side because teachers would most likely follow them and their views. The next thing she said seemed to puzzle Mae more than she thought as far as, Elsie asked how they were going to write it and how they were going to get people to sign. Mae paused before she was to say anything and sat there for a minute thinking, how were they going to get people to sign, she then said her response,
"We could get people to sign by saying that if we open the restricted section we not only are getting what the normal library offers but we get to know what's been back there for decades,"
Mae was pretty confident in that answer. She then thought about how they were to write it. She thought a little more and then came up with her answer.
"We could both contribute to it and a good tagline would probably be 'Petition to Open the Restricted Section to students, find out what's been behind that area for generations, just sign here', I mean that sounds pretty good, and I also thought about it the second hardest person to convince about this is definitely most positively going to say no at first and be very hard, Ackerley Blackburn, for sure he is the hardest to convince about this most likely he will say no because the secrets behind there are too risky to allow us to see, if one of us turns bad they will know those secrets,"
Mae said very sarcastically, not meaning too.
"I mean that's got to be something along the lines of what he will say,"
Mae was very sure of this seeing as Professor Blackburn was the Deputy Headmaster, Mae was certain whatever was behind that sacred area was very, very important to protect and she was hopeful Elsie was going to have a way we could convince him.

-Mae Winters-

"We're going to have to be careful what we use as a tagline." I reasoned, "If we go in heads first requesting fulltime access to the restricted area will be shut down before either of us could say Rowena Ravenclaw! Not to mention if this is declined other people will have a harder time trying to pass this petition. We should petition for a system to access the restricted section. Like a grade or even point system." We were going to have to be careful what we write for this to work.

"Maybe we can request another student to help us review it," I suggested biting my lip in concentration. However that fall under the line of who? Who can we get to help us edit this? Another Ravenclaw perhaps? Maybe but it depends if one is available. "We should probably start heading to our dorms. Its getting kind of late." I noted rising from my chair, my legs now half asleep. It was getting kind of late and the Library would be closing soon. "How about this. I can write a rough draft of our petition tonight. Then after classes tomorrow we can meet up somewhere. Maybe in that empty classroom on the fifth floor and we can edit it and make any needed changes before we ask someone to peer review it."
I personally was quite proud of our idea. I mean it's not every day that two eleven-year-olds create a petition for student access to a restricted section to a magical Library. I just hope we can get other people onboard with this plan.

Elsie N. Hoagland

Elsie pointed out they should be careful about the tagline and make a grade or point system for it. Mae definitely agreed with that idea. She knew that if people were going to sign the petition they were going to need to make it seem more appealing to the masses. She then went to say that they should have a peer review it before they sent it off for people to petition, she then said that they should meet at the empty classroom on the 5th floor tomorrow to edit the draft. That sounded good to Mae and it would be a tad bit better if they had decided to give it to a peer, 3rd party outside opinions were always good.
"Yeah definitely, let's plan it tomorrow and then we should see who we can get to review it for us, send me an owl when your ready to go over there,"
Mae said with confidence after all, they were just two 11 year olds trying to open up the restricted section after decades of it being tucked away. Before the two girls parted ways Mae added this,
"It was very nice meeting with you, I think we are becoming really good friends,".

-Mae Winters-
  Back