Library

Register
Sign in

Acid (Salamander) Addiction  PV Kaegen & Adam   Cl 

Eris Elcan was confused. She had been for quite a while now, ever since the events of the disaster on the Hogwarts Express, involving a certain acid salamander. She was fascinated by the salamander that had spit at her, and ruined the floor of compartment seven. It had almost touched the candy in Eris's trunk too, but she had dived in front of the trunk and Michelle, leaving herself burned. Eris had fainted shortly after, but she was extremely interested in how the acid salamander had burned through so much of their compartment.

Her confusion lead to Eris finding a remote section of the library--the magical beasts section-- and finding a book about acid salamanders. So far, her attention was wandering, and she found herself wishing that her future magizoologist friend Kaegen was here, with his acid salamander. Then she could of asked him herself about the salamander, and maybe even stared at the thing and studied in person. Eris finally turned back to her book, tracing a picture of an acid salamander with her finger. It looked a lot bigger than the one Kaegen had carried in a glass vial before the chaos when the thing had finally got out.

Huh. Maybe they grew. Eris immersed herself into the book again, losing herself in pages with scientific words she didn't even understand.
Last edited by Bloom Silverton on 30th March 2018, 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

sorry not sorry bout' what i said
STA: 6 EVA: 7 STR: 1 WIS: 8 ACC 9 ACC: 9
Eris Fawley:

Kaegen had been looking around in the library, he had been looking around for his pet, who had vanished somewhere around here. He noticed his friend from the train, eris. And walked over to her, he could find his little friend later. No one would mess with it anyway.
Walking up, he looked over her shoulder and saw a picture that looked similar to vortigern, only slightly off. "Vortigern doesn't have webs between his toes" He pointed out. Grandfather had said vortigern was a rare species, maybe that was it?
At the bottom of the page was a footnote: 'an endangered species, the "acidum salamandra imperium" has no webs between the toes, and grows to be twice the size of it's common cousin. It's acid is incredibly caustic, gaining potency with age. They were hunted by wizards who wanted to use the acid as a potion ingredient'
"That sounds like vortigern" Kaegen said smiling. It was nice to see his pet had an entry in a book on magical creatures. It made him feel like his pet was special, important enough to record. He pulled out the vial with vortigern in it, and placed it on the table. He hummed a bit to the little salamander, and wondered what else eris had found out.

Shade-Beacon, Master of the Castle of Avarice

Browsing the shelves of the library, Adam looked up in surprise when he heard a familiar name from the other side of the bookcase that he was examining. Vortigern? It was a name that he hadn't heard since his journey up to the castle on the Hogwarts Express, and one that he hadn't ever expected to hear again. Interest piqued, he jogged around the side of the shelf and looked to see who had spoken. His discovery amazed him

It was Kaegen! Adam hadn't met up with the boy again after his time on the train, but he remembered hearing the name at the Sorting. He was a Ravenclaw, wasn't he? Adam should probably know that -- after all, it was his house, too. A little bit concerned that he hadn't run into him in the Common Room before, Adam chose to put off this issue and focus on the situation at hand. He walked quickly towards Kaegen, quietly calling his name and waving. Further inspection revealed that Eris was the one that Kaegen had been talking to, and he gave her a smile in greeting. He glanced down at the book of magical creatures that they had been reading, and raised an eyebrow in question. "Hey, guys. What've you got there?"

Adam Harringtom
STA: 12 | EVA: 4 | STR: 6 | WIS: 6 | ARC: 9 | ACC: 8

Eris waved a hand in greeting to Kaegen, happy for his experience on the topic of acid salamanders. Scanning the paper, Eris was disappointed by the fact the salamander she was studying was the wrong one. Following Kaegen's gaze, she read the footnote quickly. "Kaegen. This says Vortigen is going to grow four times bigger. How are you going to hide him?" she asked, staring at Kaegen with an expression of worry. She had no love lost for the salamander, but she didn't want her new friend to get expelled for having a dangerous acidic pet running around. After all, had the staff or the people who worked on the Hogwarts express figured out what on earth happened to the destroyed compartment seven. Or was the compartment cleaned out? Eris couldn't remember. She had fainted after all.

Eris looked up from the book when she saw Adam. She smiled back at Adam, waving. "Hey Adam. We have a book on acid salamanders." She said, in almost a whisper. She didn't want any listening ears to know what they were talking about, even if they didn't happen to know about Vortigen. Even though nobody was around, Eris didn't want to take any risks, concerning her friend and his pets.

Reducio
((eris might not love vortigern yet, but i do))

Eris Fawley:

How was he going to hide him? Vortigern was pretty good at hiding by himself, he could live in the lake when he got bigger, but on second thought that might be a problem for the poor giant squid. The forest? Or maybe Kaegen could help out with the care of magical creatures professor, and have vortigern live there for a while. Better yet, he could just ride vortigern between classes!
Would anyone honestly mind a giant acidum salamandra imperium running around? I mean, they had magical fixing spells, didn't they?
"I don't know. Will anyone mind if I just keep him around?"
Kaegen had sorta seen that boy hanging around, but he hadn't talked to him. Not since the incident on the train. He wondered how Adam would react when he saw Kaegen's little pet. Come to think of it, a library is about the worst possible place to keep an acid salamander. If vortigern got out, most of these books would go up in rather foul smelling smoke. Kaegen reached over with his hand, and tightened the cork. It went in noticeably deeper, it had been on really loose.
After all, vortigern had to breathe, didn't he? They could hold their breath for a really long time. But not forever.

Shade-Beacon, Master of the Castle of Avarice

Eris frowned at Kaegen's question. "I think they would mind. I mean, Vortigen is dangerous," Eris rubbed her back as she remembered how the small salamander had burned her robes on the train. What could he do when fully grown, when his acid wouldn't run out as fast, "Maybe we can find him a home in the forbidden forest?" she asked. She wasn't an expert on acidum salamandra imperiums or whatever they were called. She couldn't remember exactly, and had already closed the book. "I mean, you can't hide him in a bottle once he gets bigger." Eris wondered if the salamander was already growing, and how soon it would be until Vortigern couldn't fit in his glass vial home. Eris watched Kaegen reach for something with his hand and braced herself to see the tiny salamander again, but when he retracted his hand there was nothing in it.

"What's your plan? I mean about Vortigern?" She asked Kaegen, knowing that he would know best about what to do for the acid salamander. Maybe he could take it back to Fens on a break, if the salamander was still small enough to smuggle onto a train by break. Eris didn't want to imagine just how big Vortigern would get.

Eris Fawley: