Library

Register
Sign in

A Run In  Finished 

Michelle wondered the rows of books and books searching intently for the book she needed. She wondered how anyone could find anything here the library was so huge and some book even flew around! She supposed that there was a lot of signs but still it was quite difficult. 

Michelle really enjoyed the library here. It had the most wonderful old book smell and it was amazingly quiet and most spaces weren't crowded, that was something she really enjoyed. It was rather refreshing after the hustle and bustle of the Great Hall, and she still hadn't become friends with anyone in her house so it was just an uncomfortable situation, although the food was wonderful so that's a plus. The only things that kept her not feeling so lonely were the letters back and forth to her parents and the occasional run-in with some friends she met on the train. They rarely saw them now as they were all sorted into other houses. 

Michelle was watching the titles of the books so closely that she hadn't heard the footsteps approaching her and when it was she finally realized there was another person in the row she saw a quick flash of blue and tumbled to the ground. 
Last edited by Michelle Lynch on 27th March 2018, 11:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"There is very little cherry in this cherry soda and I do not like to be deceived," - M.L
STA: 5, AGL: 4, STR: 4, CTL: 6, AP: 5, ACC: 6

A Run In  Finished 

"Ouch!" Clary tumbled to the ground as well, rubbing her head as it knocked against the bookshelf behind her, causing an extra copy of Magical Creatures and Where to Find Them to thump onto her head. She blinked, twisting around to replace the book onto the shelf before staring at the doe-eyed girl dressed in the yellow robes, looking a bit frazzled herself. Clary guessed she must be a Hufflepuff student based on the outfit choice. Realizing she was being rude, she pulled herself up using the bookshelf and offered a hand to the Hufflepuff girl.

"Sorry about that! I guess I can be such a clutz sometimes! Are you alright?" She laughed nervously and pulled the girl to her feet, scanning her for injuries. "I was in such a rush and I just didn't notice you! It took me forever to get here and all of a sudden the rows and rows of books got a bit overwhelming..." Realizing she was rambling, Clary bit her lip, deciding to try again.

"My name's Claryssa North, nice to, er, run into you? Sorry, bad pun. My friend was supposed to be following after me, so beware she may end up interrupting." Finally done speaking, Clary ignored the throbbing in her head and waited to hear the girl's response, tilting her head to the side to attempt to figure her out.

Claryssa North, Ravenclaw First Year ~ memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1506

A Run In  Finished 

Michelle looked at the hand reaching out to her and she grabbed it and stood up the girl who had bumped into her was a Ravenclaw, she could tell by the blue robes. When she stood the girl asked her if she was alright and she nodded quickly dusting herself off. 

Michelle listened to the girl rambling, she had a nice voice, was that weird? When the girl stopped she was pulled from her thoughts. Claryssa? A cool name. She looked over her shoulder to see if she could see her friend and laughed quietly at her pun, after a moment of silence Michelle introduced herself and apologized. "Oh its okay, I was too focused on trying to find this book that I didn't hear you coming. My name is Michelle Lynch by the way. Nice to meet you Claryssa." she smiled sheepishly and rocked back and forth on her feet. What a strange way to meet someone, and it definitely wasn't a pleasant one her bottom still hurt from landing so hard on it. Claryssa seemed nice though and it seemed that what she had been told about Ravenclaws wasn't true, not all of them were snooty and stuck up. 

"There is very little cherry in this cherry soda and I do not like to be deceived," - M.L
STA: 5, AGL: 4, STR: 4, CTL: 6, AP: 5, ACC: 6

A Run In  Finished 

Clary looked relieved. "Well, sorry for the trouble, Michelle. I really need to run off, but maybe we'll meet each other soon!" She flashed a quick smile at the girl before ducking her head and twisting around the corner, silently scolding herself for being such a clutz. All she had been doing was exploring the library, getting trapped in the maze of towering pillars when she'd run into the little Hufflepuff girl. At least she wasn't too mad, though Clary's conscience still tugged at her with guilt.

Now free from her initial embarrassment of the Run In, and perhaps after escaping with a new friend, she glanced down in her hand to notice the copy of Magical Creatures and Where to Find Them , apparently written by a wizard named Newt Scamander, whoever that was. She shook her head for a moment, wondering just how hard she hit it, as she could've sworn she'd already returned the copy to the bookshelf. Deciding not to question what fate had brought upon her, Claryssa flipped past the cover and quickly scanned the book, ignoring the compilations of words that had absolutely zero meaning to her as she tracked down the different images contained inside.

Claryssa North, Ravenclaw First Year ~ memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1506