Library

Register
Sign in
  Back

Exploring the Hogwarts Library  Abandoned 

Sophie shrugged, her mind and eyes faltering, though she was on the subject of something happy, she didn't seem happy. She had wanted so badly to hex everyone and everything, but she restrained herself not to, remembering that if she did, she would be kicked out of the Library, and she wouldn't be able to do research. Which, was key if she wanted to pass and get into her further years.
"Hey! Wanna do some spell practicing? I've been wanted to do the Furunculus curse for ages now! I beat someone in a duel with it before, mind you!" She added to her new friends stares. She had loved spell-casting and dueling more than anything, even Quidditch, and wanting to be the best at it, was natural. She was ambitious for someone as small as she was. She swiftly took out another book, titled, 'Spell-Casting. All you Need to know about Hexes and Jinx's'!' and opened it, but inside, were only a few real book pages, the rest were all blank sheets of Parchment she had scribbled on, and had stuck inside the book to help her remember curses and hexes. She took out one labeled, 'Best Hexes for Distraction! You'll thank me later.' and read it thoroughly, completely ignoring the other girls, but her mind was working swiftly, thoughts were racing so fast she couldn't keep them, and she thought about her dead owl, her best friend. It took a lot to make sure tears didn't come. 
She collapsed into her original chair and began re-reading the page, it was helping soothe the pain, that couldn't be cured.

Goodbye lovelies!

Clary was relieved to see Sophie distracted with a different subject, even if it was something the poor Ravenclaw girl knew nothing about. Although she'd been in Charms classes a few times, she had no idea what the Furry whatever-it's-called curse was about, and she wasn't exactly sure she was supposed to know at age eleven. She honestly found herself slightly wary of the Gryffindor girl, all of a sudden. What kind of person researched hexes in their freetime? From the way the blonde's eyes flitted around the room, she came to suspect that if Sophie had her way, she would have already used her knowledge on a variety of potentially dangerous spells to her advantage.

Resisting the urge to step away from her, Clary halted her expression from flickering to a frown. "I-I'm not sure. I'm kind of new to all of this at the moment, and I've never heard of a Furry curse before... I heard about a Dueling Club meeting, but I haven't attended yet." She offered a sheepish smile, finding Sophie's bubbly attitude momentarily overwhelming as she zoomed off into discussing different wand movements, incantations, and uses for hexes that she knew were far past the First Year curriculum. Was this really what Clary seemed like to other people when she got excited about a subject? She shook her head, hoping that wasn't the case, and tried to keep up, her eyes skimming the variety of texts in front of her.

As Sophie moved to collapse in the chair, Clary shifted to the other table, setting her satchel down beside her. She picked up a random book, trying to look busy as she gave Sophie a bit of space. She knew her friend was probably struggling to come to terms with the loss of her beloved owl.

Claryssa North, Ravenclaw First Year ~ memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1506

She nodded, after all, her best friend Zero wasn't too excited over anything anymore. And Sophie had beat her in a dueling competition, maybe that was why? Of course, Sophie glanced at the Book Clary was reading. She had no idea what it was about whatsoever, but she didn't particularly care. She closed her eyes, the sun focusing on her body through the glass. The sunlight was welcoming and warm, and Sophie had barely been on the grounds lately, the teachers had been keeping her busy. She knew she needed good grades if she wanted to be a writer for the Gryffindor post. Even though, academically she had an Acceptable, she wanted an Exceeds Expectations or an Outstanding! Of course, she wasn't amazing at very much, maybe Astronomy or Flying, as those she favored, but who wouldn't? Flying was a type of Quidditch! And quidditch, was something that basically everyone favored. She shrugged.
"Hey, whats your quidditch team?" She'd ask, not as excited, nor has cheerful as before, but, the only chance at friendship was constant happiness. Fake, nor real, or perhaps both? Of course, the world was made this way, confusing as hell. And for some odd reason, the world seemed to despise more than, well, anyone could. Maybe it was revenge? But for what? 'I need answers. Maybe it was a curse?' was the only thought running through the small girl's mind.

Goodbye lovelies!

She glanced up from the book covering the topic of Switching in Transfiguration and tilted her head in Sophie's direction, having spaced out for a moment. She was pretty sure the girl had asked about her Quidditch team, but how was she supposed to answer that? Was Sophie talking about her favorite official sports team, or simply the Ravenclaw one? Her mind whirled with the possibilities of the question, and she finally settled on something she'd have more to talk about. 

"Oh, um, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that question, but I'm interested in the Ravenclaw Quidditch team! Try-outs are super soon, and I'm gonna go for a sub of some kind." Clary grinned, thinking about the sport she'd been looking forward to for quite a decent portion of the time. "I'm most interested in Chaser or Keeper, but honestly Beater sounds kind of cool too, though I'm not sure I'm strong enough for it. I used to play softball, so maybe. I'd totally fail at Seeker, though. Talk about all that pressure!" 

Although Seeker did seem like a pretty interesting position to play, Clary was more interested in positions that required teamwork and communication. The three Chasers always had to be open to pass the ball back and forth to one-another, which of course, required a lot of coordination and planning. The Keeper had to work with the Chasers to remain aware when the Quaffle was coming his or her way, and the Beaters had to work together to keep the Bludgers away from all of their own team members and towards the direction of the other team. It all seemed quite exhausting and overwhelming at first glance, but once someone delved into the details of the sport, it was truly quite structured and exciting. 

"Of course, I still need to figure out how to balance Quidditch with the newspaper, so I guess there's that, too." She shrugged. Claryssa North had just become a new writer for the Ravenclaw newspaper and all of her free time had recently been dedicated to preparing her articles for the release of the next issue on April 1st. It was a time for quite a bit of excitement, and the whole news office was scrambling to finish their preparations. With only six students total on the team, Clary was stuck writing three articles on her own, and the approval deadline for all of them was tomorrow! It was a good thing she'd already finished all of her drafts early.

Claryssa North, Ravenclaw First Year ~ memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1506
  Back