Library

Register
Sign in

So Many Books!  Closed 

Once Sky stepped into the library she was in absolutely awestruck of its enormously large selection. She thought that this library could not even be compared to her old library in her home, which was only a small collection. She hurriedly read through the rules of the library, for she could not wait to begin reading these selections of books. She understood how important it was to keep the books in their best conditions and could not fathom why anyone would want to destroy such amazing creations. After reading them all she giddily begin scanning the shelves for books. Skimming over the current books she had read she picked up a new book she had not read, because she had promised herself she would attempt to try out new things in her years at Hogwarts Sky picked out the beginners guides to both  Quidditch and Dueling. 
      She did know about the two but did not really know how to do them hating to get up in front of others and mess it up would be a catastrophe. She cradled the books into her left arm and continued her search for books. As the light of noon leaked into the library, Sky final after picking up a book on famous witches and wizards poets’ book came in the tabled areas of the Library. Settling into the seats she opened the first book on top of her collection the book of poems and gladly begin to read. She would certainly have to come here often if she had time that was.
        She did have some hopes someone would wonder into the library so she could talk amongst them about all the new books! But not many people seemed to be in the library at the current time so she just went back to reading.

So Many Books!  Closed 

Eris wandered into the library, making sure the librarian didn't see her. She didn't feel like getting into another fight with the librarian. In fact she wouldn't have gone to the library but she had nowhere else to go. The smell of books helped calm down the small ginger. The books around her helped Eris stop crying. A letter from her mother was clutched in Eris's hands. Eris was almost always upbeat and hyper, but right now she was barely able to fall into an empty seat before she burst into tears, thinking about the context of the letter her mother had sent her. Even though she had no love lost for her mother, Eris still hoped deep down that maybe her mother would forgive Eris someday. But it didn't seem so anymore. Eris broke into sobs again, no longer caring that she could be heard by the old hag of a librarian. Nothing really mattered anymore. Even though the library was Eris's happy place, she couldn't stop crying. There was an emptiness in her chest that only a child that had just lost her mother could feel. Sure, her mother was alive but wanted nothing to do with Eris. That hurt more than it would of hurt if her mum did.
Last edited by Eris Fawley on 17th March 2018, 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

sorry not sorry bout' what i said
STA: 6 EVA: 7 STR: 1 WIS: 8 ACC 9 ACC: 9
Eris Fawley:

So Many Books!  Closed 

Adam stumbled into the library by accident. He had been looking for a way outside, but when we had turned the corner, he had wound up in the expansive chamber and been awestruck by its contents. He gaped at the massive rows of bookshelves, stacked side-by-side and on top of one another, books floating lazily between them. Adam walked slowly forward, trying to examine each shelf individually -- and failing. Before he knew it he had reached a tabled area where students sat reading. He wasn't sure if he should join them, but it seemed like the best thing to do under the conditions. Wandering down one of the aisles and letting his fingers run along the spines of the volumes, he stopped at random and looked at the title he had chosen. The Curse of Helena Ravenclaw, a book that he found quite fitting. Might as well know about the history of the house he would be in for the next seven years. He drew the book from the shelf and strolled back to the table area.

A girl was sitting at one of the tables, reading her own books. He could see one of the titles from his position, The Basics of Dueling. He was impressed. Not many first-year students were interested in dueling from their first few months. Working up the courage to walk over, he wondered what he should say. Would it be rude to try to start a conversation in a library?

You idiot, he thought, that's it! Just go over and read a book!

He sat down at the girl's table, making sure he was close enough to talk to reasonably but not too close to be uncomfortable. Flipping open his book, he got through the first few pages of introductory history before he couldn't hold himself back anymore. He needed human communication.

"Hi," he said in what he hoped was a normal-sounding tone, "I'm Adam. Ravenclaw. What are you reading?"

Adam Harringtom
STA: 12 | EVA: 4 | STR: 6 | WIS: 6 | ARC: 9 | ACC: 8

So Many Books!  Closed 

Sky noticed the girl crying in the corner, she did indeed feel awful that she was crying in such a place that would always cheer her up. She had thoughts of getting up and checking on her, but her anxiety of the girl yelling at her and telling her, her business was her own made Sky stay glued in place.
She did not want to make anyone even more upset or even remotely hate her. Soon a boy came into the library, Sky notice him scanning the shelves and slide out a book and came to sit with her. She smiled a bit to herself at the chance of making a friend, but did not know how to start the conversation.
However, soon the boy introduced himself Sky looked up to him with a smile. She had not been expecting anyone to actually talk to her, but she was happy nonetheless, for she quickly replied with an introductory too. “Hello, I’m Sky. Slytherin. And I am currently reading about poems of famous witches and wizards.”
Sky took note of the book that Adam was reading, and smiled big “ah, that’s about the ghost in the Ravenclaw house right? My mother would tell me stories about her” She finished with a slight closing of her book. She did not want to come off as much of a know-it-all, so she kept it at that. Seeming like a walking encyclopedia of the books she did know about would be a bit off putting for some. Especially if Sky would rave on and on about the stories she loves to read.

So Many Books!  Closed 

Seemingly done with her tantrum, Eris walked up to the two other students in the library. As she walked over she planned to say sorry for causing a ruckus, but thought better of it. She wasn't going to say anything, but since she was already there Eris figured she needed to make up something. Finally she settled with, "Hello, I'm sorry to interrupt but the books you're reading are quite interesting and I was wondering if you could point me in the direction of some other copies." It seemed better to have a conversation than to just walk up and walk away again. It was true too, the two seemed to be reading interesting book and if there was anything that could cheer Eris up it was a good book. Books always made everything better, after all there was nothing better than losing yourself into a fantasy world or learning something new. Stories always made Eris feel happier, and from what she could over hear the two were talking about a story about the ravenclaw ghost. That peaked her interest, although she preferred fantasy books in far off places. but Hogwarts was basically a fantasy place, any book about the history of Hogwarts and its inhabitants was basically as good as any fantasy novel.

sorry not sorry bout' what i said
STA: 6 EVA: 7 STR: 1 WIS: 8 ACC 9 ACC: 9
Eris Fawley:

So Many Books!  Closed 

"Looking for this?" Cameron held in his hand showing her the book, Hogwarts: A History, "Here you can rent it out. I was just returning it to this section. I already finished my homework in History of Magic on this topic." Smiling at the girl as he over-heard conversations as well about the house ghosts. "I have met Nearly Headless Nick, he seems to be one that likes giving tours of the castle. I haven't managed to get lost yet on my way to class. But if I ever need direction I just give his name a yell and he appears." Nodding his head as he looked in the book section for another historical novel. Dark Creatures and their Counter-Parts. Pulling the book from the shelf Cameron opened it to the first few pages to read a few sentences. "Hmm, not bad of a novel. I do think Dark Creatures are something I would learn down the road. I better hold off on that one for sure." He shrugged as he looked at the shelf of books behind him scanning the rows for something particular. Maybe something that would help him with his homework assignment or would give him notes. 

Cameron Harper

So Many Books!  Closed 

Elsie had at first discovered the Library when she needed a quiet place to escape. Dinner was almost over and Elsie didn't feel all too hungry. Besides all the noise in the Great Hall was starting to give her a headache. Loud noises weren't particularly her thing. "I suppose I'll just have to get used to it' she thought to herself as she roamed the halls. She originally planned to go to the common room and start on homework. But a little tour of the castle might be interesting. She didn't have any regrets about it once she found the room full of books. Immediately Elsie began to wander around the library's shelves glancing at the different books until she found one of interest. She set her sights on one particular book titled Quidditch Through the Ages. She had heard her dad talk about that book before. She remembered him enjoying it. Maybe she should give it a read. Carefully rising onto her tip toes, she reached out for the novel. Thankfully, the book wasn't too high up so she was able to successfully reach it. Once in her grasp, Elsie sat down in the bookshelf isle and began to skim through the first chapter.

Elsie N. Hoagland

So Many Books!  Closed 

Sky was absolutely delighted when the girl who was crying came and talked to her and Adam. She was happier that she was no longer crying, jumping at this oppurtinty to make the girl happy Sky replied back in a hurry. Almost so much in a hurry she almost stammered to a halt, but she kept her cool and said, “That’s alright, we can show you if you want?”
Sky had felt the urge to ask her if she was alright or needed to talk to them about the situation, but felt that helping her would be a better choice. They could get to know her better before delving into it all. Feeling when the girl was ready she would say something, “I’m Sky by the way”.
Sky had announced as she stood up and presented her hand for the girl to shake. “You interested in the ghost or just ghosts in general?” She had felt even happier that someone else could potentially also be interested in the things that she too liked.

So Many Books!  Closed 

Adam wandered away from the table as the girls spoke with one another. He didn't want to seem rude, but when the redhead had come over and introduced herself, he had spotted something across the room that had captured his attention. He'd be back to talk to them again, but for now he was curious to find out what else the library contained. Setting off at a relaxed pace, he passed shelf after shelf, walking nearly the entire expanse of the room before he found what he was looking for.

It was a darker, gated-off area that gave Adam a sense of foreboding. Books in this section did not move off their shelves; he even saw a few that had been chained shut. What could possibly be so dangerous in a school book that it had to be kept under lock and key? Scanning the fence quickly with his eyes, Adam noticed an old, commanding sign mounted to the wall next to it: Restricted Section.

So this was the famed Restricted Section that so many Hogwarts students had tried to break into over the years. Adam knew that his brother had many failed attempts to take a book from the back of the library, and that not many others had succeeded. Of course, the easiest way to get information from the Restricted Section was with a note from the teacher. But that took all the fun out of it.

Adam wondered if he could find any more books about ghosts back here. Turning on his heel, he jogged back to the table where he and Sky had been sitting and breathed, "Guys! I found more books!"

Reducio
Eris, I figured it was easier just to pretend that Adam didn't know you rather than having that re-introduction again. Sorry 'bout that :P.

Adam Harringtom
STA: 12 | EVA: 4 | STR: 6 | WIS: 6 | ARC: 9 | ACC: 8

So Many Books!  Closed 

When Sky had heard the words more books come out of Adam’s mouth Sky grinned and eagerly asked, “You did where?” The thought of more books being accessible made Sky perk up again maybe the girl could tag along and they could all look amongst the books together. They could disccuss the books and maybe bond a bit Sky felt that would surely make everyone happy. She had a million books she had not read yet and would be glad to have a million more to do. Sky gentle as possible put all her books into a stack and put them where she had been sitting and patiently waited for Adam to take them to the books.