Library

Register
Sign in
  Back

fighting in the library  Closed 

"I was never into Quidditch. Like, my family never introduced it to me, I guess..." Ava shrugged and chuckled a little. "Though It can be fun, I just never was big on it. I have not really seen any games, read any books about it, anything like that to be honest. But I think that once I look into it it can be very interesting.

She smiled and looked at the books. "It looks great." She said and then stopped, looking blankly into space, her eyes locked on the shelf. It really brought back so many memories. Staying up late with her mom in the library when she was shuffling books around while Ava was reading spell books and played with a small stick, using it as a wand, trying to cast spells.

"Sorry." she yawned and chuckled a little. "I... spaced out. This place is just amazing and seeing it in person and not just getting told about it by an older sibling is even more amazing. Do you guys have any siblings?" She smiled and looked at them curiously, tilting her head to the back and waiting for an answer. 

Ava took a nearby chair and sat down on it. "Eris," she turned her head to the girl "What muggle books would you recommend?"

faceclaim: Yvonne Michel |
STA: 3 | AGI: 3 | STR: 5 | CON: 4 | ARCP: 8 | ACC: 7 |

The young Ravenclaw student wandered around the library, her eyes cast upwards towards the heaping stacks of books towering beside her on either side of the space. A rainbow of titles returned her gaze, from topics on the elusive use of the rubber duck to more specific subjects, such as the discovery and harvesting of Aconite for all your werewolf needs. Feeling a bit overwhelmed by the mass number of objects, Clary trudged onwards, desperately seeking out the place to return the copy of Magical Beasts and Where To Find Them that had fallen off of the shelf earlier after her run-in with the girl who had introduced herself as a member of the Hufflepuff House.

Amazed with her aptitude for already getting herself lost, Clary heard snippets of a conversation discussing the topics of 'Quidditch' and 'muggles' in a single conversation between three nearby students. Figuring she knew a half-way decent amount of information on the two topics, she wandered over to investigate, hoping she wasn't interrupting anything overly important. Perhaps while making new friends she could figure out where this book belonged as well!

"Excuse me?" Claryssa tapped on the shoulder of the Slytherin girl. "Sorry for listening it, but I couldn't help but hear you guys mention Quidditch and muggle-related things! I've actually been pretty interested in the sport myself, though I've only really read about it in some free-reading choices I tracked down in Diagon Alley. I also happen to be a muggle-born, if you have any questions pertaining to that, though my best bet is that your friend is one too, right?" Her gaze shifted from the Slytherin girl to the Gryffindor, flashing her a quick smile.

"Sorry... I just realized I must be completely interrupting! This library is so massive, and I just keep getting turned in circles. Could any of you help me track down where this goes?" Clary held up the textbook, displaying the cover to the trio.

"It fell on my head earlier... long story, but I can't find the shelf to replace it on now, and I'm honestly kind of scared to talk to the librarian." Her gaze shifted to the stern-looking witch who was currently yelling "Shh!" to any First Year who so much as whispered a peep in her presence, all the meanwhile diligently guarding the Restricted Section from all of the overly curious newbies.

Claryssa North, Ravenclaw First Year ~ memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1506

"Sure, Claryssa. I can help you find the book you're searching for. Follow me."

Cameron motioned for her to follow him to the Sports section of the Library.

"The book on the wizarding sport Quidditch is, Quidditch Through The Ages." 

Cameron scanned the shelves for the book and found it. Grabbing the book and handing it to her he heard more of the students shushing more First Years that were talking loud than usual. Turning back toward the shelves he wondered if he should check out a book as well before leaving the Library. Not wanting to get another book to add to the weight of his school bag. He opted out on not getting one at the moment. 

"Do you have a favorite book?" He asked her with curious eyes as they both walked away from the section. Side by side and avoiding the passes of the floating books and students that would pass them. Cameron thought of muggle literature he read at home. He did miss the stories those books use to cover. But being in Hogwarts he felt as though those stories were becoming a reality. 

"I avoid the librarian most of the time." Cameron shrugged at the thought. "She is nice though. Just don't get on her bad side by bringing food and drink into the Library, she hates that." 

Cameron Harper

Clary murmured a quick, "Thanks so much!" as the Gryffindor boy offered to be of assistance and set off after him through the library, narrowly sidestepping a flying book gone awry as it zoomed through the shelves, crashing into an unassuming First Year a row over. She suppressed a laugh of surprise, noting that they were alright for a moment before darting her gaze back to her current surroundings, the Sports Section.

Her interest piqued at the mention of the title Quidditch Through the Ages and she offered a shy smile to Cameron in gratitude before scanning the title. The book was perfect, already marked with an elegant script, and after flipping through to page one, she immediately fell in love, discovering a clearly marked out rule-list for the sport, alongside a few diagrams to help clarify any possible misconceptions. Closing the book for a moment, she turned back to Cameron, nodding slowly at his question as she followed alongside him.

"Honestly, you may think I'm a bit biased," she began, her tone hinting at amusement. "But I'm not actually a big reader, Ravenclaw or not. It usually gives me a headache after a while, and then the words get jumbled up and it's a huge disaster, but..." Her eyes flitted up to his face, worrying about his reaction to her comment.

"Well, I really like the images in books. Like pictures and drawings. So, I guess I'd say favorite "Wizarding World" one would have to be Magical Creatures and Where to Find Them because the artwork is absolutely a-maze-ing!" she gushed, going on about her favorite creatures for a moment before realizing she was rambling. Immediately her cheeks flushed pink and she shut up, hastily apologizing.

"...now, if we're talking muggle books, assuming you know a few, my favorite childhood one was Curious George . It's honestly just such a classic, though honestly anything with fantasy, mythology, or magic had me hooked. I even made my way through the Percy Jackson series 'cause the characters also suffered from dyslexia, and their powers were pretty cool." She shrugged.

"Honestly I expected to be a demigod more than I did a witch." Realizing she was probably over-sharing, Claryssa grew quiet, laughing quietly at his comment about the librarian.

"Sure, she seems sweet, but I'd hate to be the student who gets caught trying to slip into the Restricted Section, as fun as a little adventure sounds! Anyway, do you have a name, or should I call you 'That Random Gryffindor Boy Who Helped Me Find A Quidditch Book'?"

"My name is Cameron." He told the girl as he smiled at her. Wandering around the Library as he started to hum a song. "Yes, I have heard of Curious George. My mum did read that to me when I was younger as a bed time story. Though I have to admit I did prefer the book Madeline. Have you heard of that one? The girl who is in Paris and she is part of a school that's an orphanage. I found that book to be something worth reading. Along with other great books such as Goosebumps and erm forgot the other series I read. Long time ago that's for sure. I understand that you aren't an avid reader. Do you have any other hobbies? Like painting or drawing? I do color from time to time. Not at Hogwarts though only when I am at home over summer break. I am recently learning how to swim at the local community pond. I am not the best swimmer though my father is better at em' than I. My father likes to go fishing when he is away from work. We don' catch much fish to doubt'. But we did find a rather small squid off the coast." 

Cameron Harper

Clary grinned, tipping her invisible hat to Cameron. "Pleasure to meet you, Grffindor Boy Who Helped Me Find A Quidditch Book Named Cameron." She laughed at the nickname, deciding she'd probably need to work a bit more on condensing it, as it was such a mouthful at the moment, and grew quiet, listening to his questioning.

"Seriously? I adored Madeline growing up! Not as good as Curious George, but it was definitely up there a lot." She vaguely remembered the Goosebumps series, though she'd never completely gotten into it, finding the show to be a bit too scary and mature for her age, and the chapter books to be way too long. At least the covers looked really cool, though they did tend to have some pretty strange, dark themes. Who came up with the idea to have an amusement park literally run by monsters, and none of the normal humans decided to question it?

"Actually..." Clary bit her lip, not sure if she wanted to share such a personal part of herself. "Well, drawing has been a big thing for me growing up. I probably have sketchbooks full of sketches of random herbs, magical creatures, and mundane objects from this summer alone... My mum owns an art shop. Before I learned about this place and the fact that I was a witch, I planned on taking it over as part of the family business," she explained sheepishly, her cheeks turning red. It was just a stupid hobby, but it was still hers.

"Wow! I can't wait to see your art work. You must be really good at drawing. I do wish you the best of luck with the family business. Maybe over summer I can visit and check it out. I love learning about new things and checking out cool stores." He smiled at her, noticing her blush. Cameron thought highly of her with her art work and wondered if down the road her sketches could become a moving picture like in the wizarding world. Walking past the other students as he placed a book on the table before the Librarian to check it out. He watched as the Librarian stamped the front of the book cover then told him to write his name and house on a piece of paper. Handing it back to the Librarian he looked at the girl. "It's your turn to check out the book. I am surprised that this book I'm checking out had at least three other students before me on the list. If I read through it quick enough I might have time to do other stuff besides studying. Maybe play Wizard Chess, have you ever played?" He was curious if she was into board games. 

Cameron Harper

Clary was surprised to find out he was actually interested in her work, at least to some degree. She was by no means an expert, but she took pride in her efforts and enjoyment in the practice, which was all that was really needed to be successful as an artist, or as anything, for that matter. She raised her eyebrows at the mentioning of him visiting her over the summer. Sure, she'd be with this boy named Cameron for the next 7 or so years of her life, but she'd only started talking to him that day and found the comment a bit overwhelming. Still, it was somewhat of a comfort to entertain the idea of actually being able to have a few friends of her own come and visit, whether they hated the mundaneness of the normal muggle world or not.

Clary waited patiently as Cameron checked out his book, following him over to the counter with her Quidditch one. Time had seemed to fly as the two conversed, and before she knew it, she was passing it over to the library, receiving it back with a slight nod of her hand once her name had been offered and the book had received the official stamp. "Hm, only two others. Guess I'm early to study up," she mused, scanning the inside cover of the textbook. Pausing at the desk, she borrowed a quill and dipped it into a nearby tub of ink, signing her name into it as well. There. Now she'd left some kind of lasting mark on this place. No matter how small, she existed and was here. This place was real.

Upon the mentioning of Wizard Chess, Clary's memories drew a blank. She'd never focused on chess in the muggle world, and now there was a wizard version to it? "Kind of drawing up a blank, but maybe you can teach me sometime?"

Cameron heard her mention the interest in learning wizard chess. "Sure, when we both have time away from our homework I can teach it to you." He nodded and thought about wizard chess and wondered if he could compare and contrast regular chess with normal muggle chess. "The game is rather simple. Just like muggle chess except the pieces move and you aren't the one moving them. You say the board piece and place where you want it to go and the piece moves. It's really interesting I mean when I first played it in the Leaky Cauldron I couldn't believe my eyes. Moving pieces I thought I was imagining things but then again stuff I'd seen before in the wizarding world wasn't all surprising to me." He shrugged and continued walking along with trying to dodge the books that flied in front of him left and right to the bookshelves. As they both descended the stairs a short cut towards the Transfiguration courtyard. He opened the doors for both of them and continued walking with her. He noticed to his left two Ravenclaw students dueling one another. "This must be the Ravenclaw dueling courtyard. Gryffindor is in the Great Hall I can't wait to learn about dueling in my second year." He beamed with excitement. 

Cameron Harper

Clary walked along aside him, nodding her head as he continued to talk away. She hadn't taken long to study the art of wizard chess, though she was pretty sure she had the basic rules down. There was no way to really know until she'd played a game for herself, so of course, she was never going to deny the opportunity to play alongside him. Apparently there were pieces that moved by themselves? And they were magical or something? She'd barely grasped the idea of muggle chess, though she'd at least played a few matches of that game before! Deciding she'd allow Cameron to teach her later, she shrugged and continued onwards, glancing at the pair of dueling kids as they passed by.

"Isn't dueling club going on for First Years this year, considering only First Years attend and all?" She shrugged. There wasn't a class on it at all, but the club had still hosted a few meetings at the Leaky Cauldron, and she'd managed to pop by once or twice to see what was going on. "Who knew Ravenclaw had their own dueling court yard, though! Pretty nifty. Maybe we can train together some time, or perhaps James'd be up to it," she wondered aloud.

Reducio
Hello, may I join this rp? I saw that this thread was open, however there seem to be no fight. Can I start one? :rofl: :P

────────────
Aurelia Notrésvace
────────────
“One can never be too careful,”
STM — 5 | EVA — 12 | STR — 5 | WSD — 9 | ARC — 5 | ACC — 9
Lovely Creature — Evasive Maneuvers — Monster Hunter

Reducio
((the fight was a while ago, but you can join and start one for sure))

sorry not sorry bout' what i said
STA: 6 EVA: 7 STR: 1 WIS: 8 ACC 9 ACC: 9
abilities: transfig DC -5

Reducio
Feel free! This is open-to-all. You can either start something up with some of the other girls or interrupt Clary and Cameron? I'm up for anything, though don't wanna double post. :)

Cameron looked over at the students that were duelling. He remembered learning how to duel recently in Defense Against the Dark Arts class. Wondering about the Gryffindor courtyard which was in the Great Hall the others were scattered around the school.

"Sure. We can practice duelling in the future." He told her as he glanced at her and smiled. He was happy that summer was approaching. Cameron thought about the holidays and wondered what mum and dad got planned. Probably loads of things since there household always has something going on. Cameron looked at the duellers again before stopping the walk and glancing at the girl at his side. He couldn't stop staring and went rather blank when asking her questions. He couldn't keep his mind off of her and was rather shy and didn't know what to ask next. 

"Erm, have you met Hagrid? The grounds keeper at Hogwarts?"

Not daring to look around as other students passed. He focused on her and slowly revealed a smile, his palms were sweaty as he wiped them on his cloak. The nerves got to the best of him at times and he wondered if he'll ever get the chance to get over it. 

Cameron Harper
  Back