Library

Register
Sign in
  Back

fighting in the library  Closed 

Eris had been searching forever  for a copy Hogwarts, A History. But try as she must, she couldn't find it. Cursing herself for leaving her copy  at home, Eris headed towards another section, but before she could reach it someone grabbed her arms. "You're not allowed back there." A stern voice said, with a hint of annoyance. 

Eris spun around coming face to face with the Hogwarts librarian.  "Why not?" She said, quickly. "Is it because I'm too young!?" 

The librarian looked even more annoyed, "No, because it's restricted and you need a note from a professor."

"Restricted?!" Eris laughed, "I can still walk into it, so how's it restricted?" To prove her point, Eris took a step into the restricted section. "TA DA!" She yelled, in between laughs. "For a magical school, you have pretty lax security in your precious redistricted section."

"If you don't step back right now young lady, you'll get detention for the rest of the year." The librarian retorted.

"Fineeeee," Eris groaned, dragging out the e' as she stepped out of the restricted section.

"Now go away before I give you detention."  With another groan, Eris stormed away to a table in the library , not paying attention to who sat there. "What an old hag," she muttered angrily under her breath.

sorry not sorry bout' what i said
STA: 6 EVA: 7 STR: 1 WIS: 8 ACC 9 ACC: 9
Eris Fawley:

Hearing the fight, Ava chuckled a little. "What were you searching for?" She said when the red-headed girl sat at a table near her, lowering her book. It wasn't a library book, it was just... quiet here, before the fight of course. "You know that libraries are supposed to be quiet places, right?" she chuckled. "Plus you shouldn't really be arguing with the librarian. Gonna get you a bad rep." She giggled a little and came to the girl's table. Waiting for an answer or a greeting, she looked around. Seeing some interesting books she left her book on the table and walked up to them. "This looks good!" she said with her eyes lit up. "'Jinxes for the jinxed'. Looks cool." she said bringing it back to the table and opening the book and started reading it. "You should check it out!" she looked at the girl after reading few pages. She didn't really care if they just met, if she finds a good book, she is going to recommend it to whoever's closest. "Maybe I should introduce myself," she said, chuckling again. she always found not funny things funny. "Ava Silver, Slytherin at your service." She introduced herself and extended an arm towards the girl. *Idiot. That was not funny.* she thought quickly and awkwardly chuckled again. *Great. Now she's gonna think you're a weirdo. You stupid-* Ava quickly cut off the voice in her head and took a deep breath. "So what's your name?"

faceclaim: Yvonne Michel |
STA: 3 | AGI: 3 | STR: 5 | CON: 4 | ARCP: 8 | ACC: 7 |

Eris looked at the other girl, face breaking out into a grimace-sort of smile. "I was looking for Hogwarts, A History but I'm fairly certain it's harder to find than the bloody invisibility book of invisibility." She said in a tone far calmer than the one she had used a few minutes ago. Eris made of been a hot-head, but she was able to calm down fast enough. "I don't care if arguing with that-that HAG, for lack of better words, will give me a bad rep," she grinned widely. The grin of a trouble-maker. "After all, anyone who gives me a bad rep for fighting an old hag is boooring."

Eris watched the other girl walk away and come back with the book, "Dude this is awesome. I wish I knew how to use these spells." She muttered almost to herself. "Books are just great aren't they!" She said after a few more minutes of flipping through the pages quietly, "I just love losing myself in a good book." Eris mused, in a quiet voice. She didn't really like admitting how much she loved to read.

When Ava indroduced herself, Eris bit back an expression of shock. She thought all slytherins were bad. Well maybe they weren't. Either way it was taking a risk to be friends with Ava.

But after all what was life without a few risks?

"Eris Elcan, gryffindor, at your service." Eris said with laugh. She didn't think it was weird at all that Ava had introduced herself like that, in fact she thought it was a cool way to say hello. Much better than the boring, typical "nice to meet you."

Eris Fawley:

"Who doesn't? Some authors just make you feel like you are a part of the action." Ava looked through the pages. "I need to learn those." She said, looking back at Eris. "Why are you so... terrified?" She saw the shocked expression on her face and grinned. Terrified. It is a strong word, isn't it? She always liked exaggerating things. It was much easier and - at least for her, or should I say - only for her - funnier. "I was not really talking about bad rep in my or someone else's eyes, I mean in the old hag's eyes. I mean, it will be much harder, I guess, to get into the restricted area now. But that would mean that she is boring, which I can agree with." She looked at the girl curiously. "If you still want the book, I can borrow you mine or we can look for it together." She closed the 'Jinxes for the Jinxed" book and shown her the one that she brought here with her to read. "'The Tales of Beedle The Bard'. Have you read those? I truly love them." The girl smiled. Ava could smell a bookworm from miles away. There was no point in hiding it. She gave the book to Eris and waited for a response. Talking about books always made her happy and it was one thing she knew a lot about. Except for potions. 

Eris nodded her agreement. It was true. Some authors just make you feel like you're with the characters, fighting monsters, or saving the world. Those were Eris's favourite types of book. Fantasy worlds and fantasy people who never failed to make you feel happy, for even just a time.

"I'm not terrified," Eris shook her head, trying to clear her expression. Clearly Ava wasn't so bad if she liked books. Maybe the other gyffindors were lying about all slytherins being bad. Ava was pretty cool, and she had offered Eris help in looking for a Hogwarts, A History. A bad person wouldn't do that, right?

Shaking her head to clear her thoughts, Eris looked at the book Ava had handed her and broke out into a grin. All thoughts of finding her Hogwarts, A History book vanished and her interest instead turned to the book in her hands, "I haven't read this book before, but it smells like an old book!" She said excitedly, then realizing how weird that sounded, laughed. "Sorry, but I just love the smell of old books, you know?"

Eris hoped Ava knew what she meant. Handing the book back with a silent vow to read it herself, Eris found herself asking, "What other books do you like? I mean I really like muggle books, but some of the books about the history of the magical world are so intriguing."

Eris Fawley:

"Yes, you were terrified. My house, isn't it? I mean, you are from Gryffindor after all." Ava rolled her eyes. "So, what did they tell you about Slytherin?' She smirked. "Like, no offense, I am just curious." She chuckled. "Indeed, it is a really old book. I got it when I was three." She sighed, remembering the time she first read this book. The tales were so... magical. "I honestly really like our textbooks or like spellbooks in general. They're pretty interesting, you just have to... think about it, I guess.". She shrugged. Ava looked around, searching for some other spell books. "Here, this one for example. 'Basic Hexes for the Busy and Vexed'. I'm pretty sure that with enough hard work we could learn those." She rolled her eyes. "And I bet it would be interesting. But I have not read any muggle stories..." she chuckled a little with embarrassment. She smiled and stood up, giggling a little. "Come on. We are going to borrow these two, get you Hogwarts, A History and then you can tell me what Gryffindor say about Slytherin." Ava grinned, standing up and extending an arm towards the girl. "What's life without risk, am I right?"

OOC: "What's life without risk, am I right?". That's what you say after accidentally making a new religion.

Eris was a little shocked that Ava guessed her fears already, but then again it was good that Ava knew. Then Eris could tell her all the rumours she had heard about sytherins and Ava could debunk them. "OH I need to show you some muggle books. They're sooo good. My favourites are about fantasy." She droned off, listening to Ava talk about the book. She really had to read it. Seeing how animated Ava was about her book, Eris knew that she had found a kindred soul. It was rare to find somebody who enjoyed the complex beauty of a good book, and even rarer to find somebody who read as much as Eris did before school.

"What's life without risk, am I right?" Eris watched Ava stand up and offer her a hand. Eris knew she could either decline Ava's offer to talk and walk away, and be a good gryffindor girl or she could take Ava's hand and become friends with the other book worm sytherin. There wasn't much of a choice truly.

Taking Ava's hand, Eris grinned. "Great," Letting Ava's hand drop, she stood up. "Alright let''s go get that book then gossip about our houses." A s they walked to get Hogwarts, A History, Eris suddenly smiled. "Is it true that Slytherins are all half snake?"

Eris Fawley:

"Half-snakes? From what I know, we are not. Or do you mean parsel-tongue?" She giggled. "I am certainly not a half-snake, tough it sounds pretty cool. My father was parsel-tongue though, my sister and brother as well so I probably am too." she shrugged and walked up to one of the library areas to search for the book Eris was looking for.

"I don't really mean to gossip if you don't want to" she chuckled a little while looking for the book. "I just want to know what misinformation was put out there about Slytherins, you know? The fact that some Slytherins turned out evil, does not mean, that we all are bad people. Aaand here! 'Hogwarts, a History.'" the girl said while handing the book over to Eris.

"And we really need to get you 'The Tales of Bard The Beedle'. If you love fantasy you will love these!" She smiled and looked at the Gryffindor girl. "Let's go!" She said and grabbed the other two spell books from the table. 

"Let's go to the dueling club. We can learn something." She smiled awaiting, for an answer. "It'll be cool, I promise. And we have to do something except sitting in the library all day. Though I wouldn't mind, of course."

OOC: Let's take this to the dueling club then.
Last edited by Ava Silver on 17th March 2018, 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

(For sure, I'll start a continuation in the dueling club.)
"Dang it it would be awesome to be half-snake! But I mean talking to snakes is almost as cool." Eris laughed. When Ava asked about the rumors about sytherins, Eris frowned slightly, trying to avoid the eyes of the other girl. She didn't want to ruin their blossoming friendship by admitting all the rumors about sytherins. Sighing,after a brief internal struggle, Eris decided to tell Ava what people said about her house. After all, she did have a right to know, and as Ava's friend who better to tell Ava than Eris herself.

"Well after the Deatheaters and all that stuff your house has a bad rep. One of the things the older gyffindors always tell us first years is that anyone who ends up in sytherin will turn out to be a bad person." Eris took the books from Ava, thanking her, before continuing on, " but I don't believe you're bad or that all sytherins are."

"Anyways, let's go to the dueling club. I can answer any more questions there. Plus we can learn some cool spells. I really want to learn how to stun people." Eris said cheerfully, looking over to make sure Ava wasn't hurt by the truth Eris had told her.

Eris Fawley:

Cameron had overheard the conversation from the shelf over between two girls and the dueling club. He wanted to intervene with the conversation and express his opinion but then again it wasn't his business. His mind thought about the house of Slytherin and he slightly disagreed. Not all Slytherins were bad and even the greatest Slytherin of them all in the history of the castle was Professor Severus Snape. Though he was tough on the students Harry Potter admired him for who he was and what he did to protect Harry to respect the wish of his mother Lily. Cameron continued to search for a book on Vanishment for Transfiguration and noticed a space between two novels. The book was checked-out. He sighed heavily and loosened his tie a bit to get some air in the stale Library. Not wanting to go and ask the Librarian for help he searched for other books pertaining to Vanishment on the history of it. Wanting to learn all he could and understand spells relating to the Vanishment sub-group. Looking around himself at the students that would pass by Cameron thought of another idea to further his reading. Going after class to ask the Professor about Vanishment, maybe that would help quiet down his over thinking thoughts. 

Cameron Harper

The girl looked around again. She loved being near books, and this place - like a library should be - was filled with them. While looking, she saw a boy, looking for a book. Ava tapped Eris on the shoulder and pointed at him, while he continued his "search". 

"Come," she said and immediately turned around to walk up to the boy. 

"Need any help?" She said after approaching him. She tilted her head and looked at the boy, smiling both kindly and curiously. *You really could not come up with something better than "Need any help"? Seriously?*  she heard a voice in her head. Ava never really knew what to say after approaching someone. Now, for example. That voice was always with her, ready to make her day worse. Anything she would say, it will consider it wrong after she said it. Even if it was not, she always could count on the voice to bring her down and make her feel stupid.

"Sooo? Whatcha lookin' for?" she asked with a small smirk on her face while looking at the books he was searching through. *Again. ARE YOU SERIOUSLY THAT DU-* She cut the voice off. She sometimes she'd cut it off, like now, and sometimes she would let the voice go on. It was kinda weird because she never liked what it said, but... She still would.

"Maybe introduce myself first. Ava Silver, Slytherin at your service. Now, I'll ask again - need any help?" She grinned and waited for an answer.

Eris found herself giggling at Ava's attempts at conversation, but smiled at her new friend encouragingly. Talking to new people was quite hard, and Ava was doing an okay attempt at it. Staring at the boy, Eris felt a jolt of surmise. He was in her house! How come she didn't know him?

After Ava introduced herself, Eris waved from her spot next to Ava. "Salutations, I'm Eris Elcan." She cursed herself internally. What kind of fool introduces themselves with 'Salutations?" Who knows maybe Ava and the other boy wouldn't think it that weird that Eris introduced herself that why. Cursing herself again Eris realized she hadn't said her house, so after a long pause, she quickly said, "Oh I'm in gyffindor!" in a loud, overly cheery voice. Well that went well.

Eris averted her gaze to the floor instead of the other two children, feeling embarrassed for being such an odd girl. Eris's leg started to shake slightly, something she did quite often when anxious. The steady drumming of her foot against the floor helped calm down Eris, as she looked at the boy again, and offered a small smile, wondering why she didn't know who he was. He was in her house after all.

Eris Fawley:

"Um, no thanks I'll find the book later." He turned his attention back to the two students and smiled. He noticed Eri's leg shaking, he decided to not put his attention on that and noticed her excitement of mentioning Gryffindor house. 

"Yes, I have been in his house for a while. I am hoping we win the house cup this year." Cameron looked from Eris to the other student. "Say, I think Slytherin is a good house as well. A noble Professor from his past teachings here at Hogwarts was a Slytherin. What's his name....oh yeah, Professor Snape." Cameron mentioned trying to play cool with the thought of Professor Snape not knowing if the students despised him or thought of him as an admirer or hero. Walking over to the table he sat down and put down his school bag and wondered what else to talk about. Thousands of topics filled his mind so he decided on asking the first one. "Do you have a favorite Quidditch team? If I had to pick one I'd say the Bulgarian's. Viktor Krum is one of the best seekers in the world! I don't think I would be any good at the game." 

Cameron Harper

Eris wrinkled her nose at the name Snape. She had heard it before, and decided quite adamantly against the fellow. Eris decided not to mention that though, seeing the hero-like feverance in the boy's eyes. Instead she simply shrugged, leg no longer shaking. Eris found it slightly odd that the boy didn't introduce himself, as she and Ava had but thought nothing of it. Maybe he was shy about his name. She had met some kids at the castle who didn't like to mention their last name at all, as they were related to a muggle-hater or something atrocious like that.

"Do you have a favorite Quidditch team?" Eris felt herself turn red , when asked that question. She could either respond with no, or be honest. She knew next to nothing about Quidditch teams. She had read about the game itself, and secretly flew with her friend Adam, but she didn't even know the names of any teams besides the ones of the school.

"Um, the gyffindor team?" Eris said it more as a question, not sure if that was a legitimate answer that the boy would accept. For someone who wanted to fly, Eris really had no clue about the sport.

Eris Fawley:

Cameron forgot to introduce himself he laughed at his mistake,

"I'm Cameron Harper by the way. I do like the Gryffindor Quidditch Team they did in the past have great success on winning the cup. Only because of Potter. I dunno if we are goin' to have anotha great seeker." 

He looked around the Library and noticed books moving to and from shelves, and some stacked as they were being put away. This amazed him as he pointed to one of the stack of books.

"Ain't that something!" His eyes sparkling with interest and excitement. Cameron enjoyed the littlest things in life and was always in surprise over things that were beyond explanation. The temperature in the Library dropped a few degrees as it started to get cold. The weather was slowly entering from winter into summer. As the days progressed he wondered when the weather would be perfect to fly around the grounds. Maybe flying with his new friends would be exciting. He wouldn't be alone at attempting to mount his broom or land. The last memory of him flying was a feet or two away from the Whomping Willow. Luckally for him he didn't get hurt nor his broomstick. 

Cameron Harper
  Back