Library

Register
Sign in

The Adventure In The Library  Closed 

Eri walks along the long rows of many book shelves housing books of all colors and sizes. Her thirst for knowledge has grown and she wants to find the perfect book. Aimlessly wandering through the library her mind set on the most interesting book she can find. Not finding much luck she restlessly continues on finding that book she must read.

After searching for five minutes she goes to another row."This is useless," She says to herself tired of searching. All the books in this library could keep her entertained for years. The problem is which book does she feel like reading first.

Books to her are like friends. She doesn't talk much to many people so she spends all her time reading and learning more. 

She picks up and old leather book with gold lettering that reads, "Charms And How To Use them" She puts it down and sighs. 

Two minutes later she decides to head to the restricted section. Surely there is a book there she will want to read. Slowly walking over to the restricted section she checks to see if there is anyone around. Seeing nobody she walks to the gates. "Alohomora" The gates unlock and she walks in.

{Dreams stay dreams until you make them reality.'}Eri Windstone. STR:10 AGI:7 CNT:5 STM:4

Reyna, who had been wandering the Restricted Section, jumped slightly as she heard the gates creak open. I thought I had put a locking charm on that! she thought and silently cursed under her breath, extinguishing the lantern she had been using. She hardly dared to breath, a few books clutched under her arms as she pressed herself against the shelves, trying to blend into the darkness.
Last edited by Reyna Calthorn on 14th March 2018, 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Your obedient servant,
Reyna Calthorn
Year 1 Gryffindor

Eri could have sworn that she saw a light go out. "Hello." She said quietly as she wondered the shelfs of beautiful book. Her hand trailed along the rows of books as she walked. So much knowlege in one place her mind was bursting with  anticipation. She wanted be here forever. Then she rembered there was another person in the restricted section. "You do know there is a simple unlocking charm." She whispered to the person she didn't know or who they were. She continued searching for the scource of light she saw.

{Dreams stay dreams until you make them reality.'}Eri Windstone. STR:10 AGI:7 CNT:5 STM:4

Jane was just hiding in the restricted section, but then she heard a slight bit of shuffling by a shelf. Jane panicked she could of had sworn that someone was by that shelf.... It was too dark to tell anyway. Jane crouched down and his behind a stack of boxes trying to hide from whatever teacher there was. The gate creaks a bit. Oh s--- someone else is coming! This was terrible Jane thought. She fixed her hat hoping that it would let her blend into the darkness but the hat would cover her view so she did not even bother. Janes heart was racing fast, as Jane tried to quickly fix her robe she almost slips with her foot caught onto her robe, Jane accidentaly drops her book. It landed with a 'thud' onto the floor. Jane wanted to kill herself! She carefully backed up with her knees on the floor. Then she turned around looking at the tall bookshelf behind her, there was no escape but there was something that caught her eye. 'Alexandra Dandrige' it read, what is my moms book doing in the 'restricted section?!. It was sure an odd place to find a book about her famous mother. Oh Jane sure did look like her, but Jane could definetly not sing like her. Jane held her breath as the 'teacher' walked nearer. 

"I'm so bored!"
-Jane

"Hello? I'm not a teacher if anyone is there."
She concluded that the other people in the library are students or they wouldn't be hiding.
She looked around glancing for that perfect book she wanted to read. She picked up a book on advanced transfiguration and ignored everyone else in the library. She didn't care if anyone saw her in the library. Looking for any other books on transfiguration. She finds an advanced charms book and picks it up. putting the books in her satchel she walked back towards the gates.  She watches all her surroundings for teaches if anyone happens to sneak up on her. She walks around until she sees the gate.

Jane became even more calmer when she heard the voice of the intruder. It was a young voice, not a teachers' voice. But soon Jane's worries came back. What if she was a prefect, or a tattle-tale? Oh no. The girl went into her isle she was hiding in, Jane scooches behind the boxes even further,making sure she was well-hidden. The girl was looking for a specific book as it seemed, as she got the book she wanted the girl started to pace around the room. Jane's heart was about to explode. Jane took out her wand, pointed it at the girl and whispered the only spell she knew that was not in the 1st year curriculum. "Tarantallegra!" Jane waved her wand. The other girl -apparently a ravenclaw- started to dance uncontrollably. Wow. Jane never knew she would succeed in the spell. Jane tried her best to not laugh. But it was too late, her and another girl -who seemed to be hiding too- burst into laughter. This uncovered her hiding spot and well the other girls' hiding spot. The ravenclaw girl seemed mad and confused, she still held the book in her hand. This is hilarious! A dancing ravenclaw! 

"I'm so bored!"
-Jane

Eri skilled at doing certain spells without saying them did the counter curse and stopped dancing. Eri waved her wand and sayed accio Wand in her mind and jane's wand came to her. "Really. Here." She handed the wand back and headed for the door. All she wanted to do was learn more. 
She headed towards the gate. "Difindo" A sheild appeared up behind  her to protect her from spells and she went to the library to read.

Oh wow. The Dancing Ravenclaw girl know the counter-curse, that's so 'Ravenclaw'. Jane got mad at the girl as soon as she took Jane's wand. The girl seemed to cast a protective spell on her self. At school. Ha if that girl was that weak she should of have been put into Hufflepuff. Jane continued to laugh but then quickly got up making sure there where no teacher near at all. Then Jane grabbed the book about her mother and quickly went after the Ravenclaw girl. "Wow. So now you are using protective spells at school huh? How weak of you" Jane snickered.

"I'm so bored!"
-Jane

"Stop following me."She made her sheild dissapear."As you wish. If you want to duel I'm not interested." Being socially awkward she stopped talking and let the slytherin follow her. She sat down at a table and started reading advanced charms. She wished the slytherin to leave her alone. She smiled a fake smile and looked at her. "Will you leave so I can read."

Reyna suddenly lit her lantern, peering out at the faces of the two other girls, scowling. She glared specifically at Jane for insulting the other girl, but then she turned towards Eri, her glare lessening a bit but still there.

"Are you kidding me?" she said in a hushed voice, slight anger in her words. "The two of you are going to get us all detention, casting your spells and whatnot," she hissed. The light of the lantern illuminated all of their faces, but Reyna's face was definitely the angriest out of all of them.

Your obedient servant,
Reyna Calthorn
Year 1 Gryffindor

Jane chuckled. "Oooh we got a bookworm here? I'm not interested in dueling at all for now." Jane told the girl. Jane was a master at 'emphasising' fake smiles. She could tell a fake smile from miles away. "Well what can I say about a Ravenclaw? They are all bookworms for sure." Jane continued on. She glanced at the other girl with the lantern, Jane stopped walking, she could mess with the other girl later... Maybe even tell her fellow Slytherin friends about her 'dancing'. "Oh hello you sure seem angry. I Dont think there are any teacher nearby right now" Jane clutched harder on the book that she got from the restricted section. " Oh, so you are a Griffindor? Well that makes sense. What next? You going to go to a teacher and tell on me for casting a silly spell? Ha. How funny" Jane said. She knew the other girl would not tell on them because it would get the girl herself into trouble...

"I'm so bored!"
-Jane

Reyna growled in frustration under her breath. "Hate to break it to you," she said, red tinting her vision, "but I'm not a tattletail, unlike you Slytherins. You all think that you're all so high and mighty, but the truth is, you're just like the rest of us. And what are you going to do? Insult me? Cast a few little jinxes? I'm not scared of you."

The flickering light from the lantern illuminating her face, making her scowl seem deeper than it was and it made her appear more tan-skinned than she really was. Her anger at the Slytherin girl was only growing as her house was stereotyped and insulted. Her parents, both illustrious graduates from Gryffindor, had always taught her about the rivalry between Gryffindor and Slytherin, and she had always hated that house from the start. As for the Rvenclaw girl, Reyna didn't really notice her. She had been so quiet this whole times and Reyna didn't know her or her house well enough to be bothered by her.

Just as Reyna felt like she would have to punch the Slytherin in the face,she took a deep shaky breath, reminding herself that she didn't want to get caught.

Your obedient servant,
Reyna Calthorn
Year 1 Gryffindor

"Enough. You can call me what you want it doesn't bother me. Just don't insult my house."That is all she said and she wnt back to her socially awkward self. Her aunt was a ravenclaw and she strives to impress her aunt. Eri clutched her golden locket with a tree engraved on it. Inside was a picture of her aunt and a picture of her parents. She missed her aunt dearly and had mixed emotions on her parents. 

She was used to people like jane. Nobody was nice to eri except for her aunt. People just didn't respect her since her parents left her behind. Choose career over child and it hurt her.