Library

Register
Sign in

Book Time  PV Zero Blue   Closed 

Sophie gasped silently at the size of the Library. Sure, Her library at home was big. But this one was HUGE. She tugged at Zero's arms to pull her into the Library.
"I wonder what books we could get." It wasn't a question, more or less, a statement. She glanced at the height of the Bookshelves, she had been at Hogwarts so long and she hadn't discovered this! 
She Trotted away from Zero, and headed for one of the back bookshelves. None of them were labeled, the back shelf just felt right. She walked towards it, slowing as she neared the shelf. She grinned.
She looked at every book, and wondered which to grab. Gingerly, she grabbed one of the lower books, titled, 'Dragons, Sharp Claws, and Fiery Breath.' She shrugged and slid the book back in its spot. She had never been one for creatures, ever. She walked a few more steps and grabbed another book titled, 'Translations for Runes.' She had no use in Ancient Runes, as she couldn't take it that year, but she decided to read it anyway. 
She walked on, to another shelf. Another book to grab. 'Charms for Defense and Deterrence .' It had been titled. She instantly was hooked, just by reading the title. She flipped through the pages and found it was quite interesting. "Now, if HoM is too boring, I can just practice a few spells.'' She'd mutter.
Last edited by Sophie Murphy on 11th March 2018, 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goodbye lovelies!

"Acck!" She'd scoff as her Gryffindor friend dragged her to the Library. Zero was never the type to be in a library now, but she'd been a bookworm as a small child. Zero always had someone read to her or read easy books to herself at 5. "I-I don't even want to be here! I don't need to study, I'm doing fine in my classes!" The girl would protest, knowing it wouldn't work. Zero looked around the large library, a part of her wanted to fangirl but another part didn't want to be here at all. She yanked her arm back and tried to speedwalk after her friend picking out books. Zero soon remembered about the restricted section of the library, and leaned over to her friend as she caught up with her. "Sophie? Wanna check out the restricted area?" She'd whisper, just loud enough that Sophie would hear. If she didn't agree, Zero had plan 2, which had been manipulation. Her bright red eyes scanned the area around them, making sure there were no other students or adults around to get them into trouble, which was Zero's habit, getting into trouble. She looked at her friend, wondering if Sophie was paying any attention to her.

Nobody can take away your pain, so don't let them take away your happiness!

"Hmm?" Sophie glanced up. She had been reading about Patronuses, and how they were used to repel dementors. "The restricted section?" She had murmured, It sounded cool enough, but, if they were caught. It was sure enough to get them expelled. "Zero. What if we get caught?" She glanced at her friend. A bit of uncertainty was in her veins, but, what was life, without risk? Or Risk of getting caught and then expelled, or just a years worth of detention. "I'm not so sure.." She'd mutter. She nervously looked at the book, as though the book could help her answer the question. It didn't help her one bit.
"Fine, but we can't do it now, people will surely notice. I say we do it tonight. Nobody will know and we won't get caught." She murmured so quietly it was nearly inaudible. Her emerald eyes flickered around, luckily, nobody was around. "But for now. I wanna keep reading about Patronuses. Have you heard of them? They're like a positive force that is used to repel a dementor, which is a soul-sucking vile and harmful creature. I wonder what my Patronus would be. I personally want a bird, like a phoenix, which is my favorite all time animal. Or maybe a wolf, which is common throughout Gryffindors, but I think it would be cool to have." She continued blabbing on about Patronuses.

Goodbye lovelies!

She laughed, the Ravenclaw in her kicking in. "I was joking, I'm not that stupid. We'd probably be expelled, and I don't want to be! I'm very sure you don't either!" She put a hand over her mouth, realizing she didn't sound like herself at all. Why did she change her mind so suddenly? Was somthing wrong with her? Sophie was going to notice and ask questions, she knew it. She was going to ask why she wasn't at dinner the other night, why she stopped acting like herself..etc. Zero lowered her head, and stopped talking, ready for the storm of questions. She stared at her feet, putting a hand in her pocket. She began repeating "Shut up." To herself, as it was a habit now. A very bad habit. She tried looking the other way, knowing that was a mistake too, her friend would also notice Zero wasnt't looking at her in the eye. She continued to tell herself to shut up as she looked around, looking at random bookshelves, then picking up a book, pretending to be deeply interested. 

She raised an eyebrow. "What would your patronus be? Or, do you not have a happy enough memory?" She hadn't meant to put It that bluntly, it was just a habit, or perhaps a rubbish trait she had. "If I had patronus... I think it'd be a thestral or Phoenix, you know? Maybe yours should be a thestral. Since your depressed. I would love to have a Phoenix, They're so rare. God Now I Sound selfish." She laughed quietly, though she was angry at herself. "But I mean, I would take anything for a patronus. Just to be able to produce a corpeal Patronus would be amazing!" She raised an eyebrow at Zero's confused expression at the word 'Corpeal.' "A corpeal Patronus is the Patronus with an actual form. Incorpeal is when its like a white, wispy, cloud almost. The incorpeal is a lot weaker than the corpeal, but it still repels the dementor." She had been rambling once more. "But back to the main question, what would your patronus be?" She glanced at her friend, the answer to the question in her throat. She really needed to know the answer. Why you may ask? Because she was curious and weird.

Goodbye lovelies!

"Uh, I don't know. They don't seem useful to me.." She muttered loud enough to Sophie could hear her. She didn't make eye contact, but surely enough she'd been wondering why Sophie hadn't noticed yet. Most likely because Zero was the wallflower, and Sophie was..Sophie. "The whole idea of them sounds boring.." She muttered again. "Acck..I have a headache.." She rubbed her head, knowing it was from not drinking or eating. 11 year old common sense, drink and eat or you won't feel well. "Can I go or am I being held hostage?" (OOC: If I spelled that correctly!) She kept pretending she was interested in the book she was holding, but the book was upside down, making it a little obvious she didn't care. Her stomach was aching too, making her feel sick. "This is interesting." She muttered again, as her bright eyes slowly began to dull. Which meant something was wrong, and if Sophie knew it, she'd be dead.  "I'm bored, why am I here again? Why must you drag me to these weird places filled with weird objects?" She'd joke. 

Sophie raised an eyebrow and pulled out a chocolate frog. She handed it to Zero and practically made her eat it.
"Well lets find out! A patronus is so useful! What happens when you're in a dementor attack? You'll have the soul sucked out of you!" She snapped. She grabbed Zero's hand and dragged her to a secluded table so they could read. She pushed a Patronus book onto Zero's lap. 
"Read." She snapped, as she herself began to open her Spell book, which, wasn't too useful... At all, but, she could at least use some of the little spells to practice in boring classes. 
"Hey.. What do you want to do when you're out of school?" She prompted, looking at Zero. "I'd love to be an Auror, fighting dark wizards and throwing them into Azkaban! I think the rush would be the best thing in the world! Or, maybe being a Healer at St. Mungo's. I think helping people either by healing them, or by fighting those whom are hurting them. Or maybe being a professor here! I would love to be Defense Against the Dark Arts professor, or maybe being the professor for Astronomy! Like I said, fighting the dark arts and Stars are my things."

Goodbye lovelies!

Zero slowly opened the book listening to her friend talk. "I'm not sure yet. I might simply just follow you around like I do now. If you left me, I'd probably be lonely again." she said flatly, knowing she sounded like a small child. "I don't want to read." She closed the book that had been given to her and slid it away from her. She laid her head down on the table. "I think when I get out of school I'd visit my parents if they're still alive by then." She felt tired and wanted to sleep right there, but she couldn't. So, she sat back up and looked at her friend. "Sophie?" She asked slowly, as if she wasn't sure she wanted to ask something. "U-Uhm.." She started, but stopped and studied her friend's experession. She knew she wasn't going to get a good answer here, with so many distractions for her. She felt as if her friend was  close to a different person in a library. "Have.." Zero looked down. "Have I been acting different lately..?" She asked. "I mean, I don't feel the same.. maybe that's just me. But I'm never sure about anything.." Zero rubbed her eyes and ran a hand through her messy hair, looking at her friend.

"Read that book missy!" She snapped, forcing the book towards her friend. Her angry and bossy voice usually never took over her kind and thoughtful voice, unless she was insanely mad. 
"Oh you have been acting strange, ever since that duel with Horace. You're most likely depressed, and there are tone of muggle remedies for it." She knew what she said was strange. A witch or wizard- Muggle remedies!? It was insane, absurd, yet, muggles where the only kind to find real cures for depression. It takes more than a swish of a wand, or a gulp of a potion to not be depressed, and St. Mungo's certainly hasn't found a cure.
"Maybe your patronus is a Thestral. They're about as rare as Phoenix's, but, so is depression, at least, in wizards/witches." She joked, though nothing was funny, she even laughed. 
"Besides, its not like we'd ever be able to cast a corpeal patronus. It takes very skilled witches and wizards to cast an incorpeal patronus, much less a corpeal one. But, imagine if we did! We'd be the coolest witches in the school, and we'd get top in D.A.D.A." She laughed once more.
The thought really gained her interest though. If they could cast patronus  charms, would the teachers be impressed, or, mad? Mad specifically because they were so young! And they weren't paying attention in class, at least, not enough to be focusing on a patronus. And, besides, what happy memory would she use? She barely had any. But, one did stick out of her mind. It was of her mum and dad. They were together and happy, but, now, they barely even spoke. Not because they disliked each other, but because her father had so much work, and her mum stayed at home all the time. 
Or maybe, it was a memory of her and Zero. They were on the Hogwarts express, and were sitting in a compartment with tons of sweets! Her and Zero were chatting nonstop and nobody was bothering them, this was how the two girls became wonderful friends.
Then, there was her last happy memory. The one in the common room. Her and a few Gryffindors were talking about classes, and she felt as though she had fit in for once! They were talking about a study group and about everything at Hogwarts.
But then the downfall of her mind busted in. 'You're a first year and you won't be able to even produce an incorpeal, don't get your hopes up.' Her mind snapped at her, which, made the small bit of confidence Sophie had, leave her own body.

Goodbye lovelies!

"I..Um.." Zero stuttered, a little annoyed and confused. "Two things." She finally said after a couple moments. "One, I have a headache and I don't feel like reading this book. Two, I'm 11, I can make my own choices as in if I want to even read in the first place!" She snapped at her friend, completly irritated with her. Why did she think she could tell her what to do like that? Sophie wasn't her mother for goodness sake! She laid her head down on the table, sliding the book away. "Oh Mother Of Zelda.." She muttered under her breath. "Can't I draw or something?" Zero had been drawing pretty well lately, most likely because she spends what she has left of her free time either in her dorm or in the library, drawing. "Zelda," She muttered again. "She's going to turn me into a bookworm again! Acck!" Zero's red eyes scanned Sophie. Her friend was really  bossy sometimes. Maybe that was just the Gryiffindor in the little kiddo. Zero would never know. "Sophie..?" She'd ask, her expression suddenly changing to wonder. "I'm a Slytherin..Why do you even hang around me? Why are we friends?" She felt stupid asking the question, but still, people acted as if she was trying to kill them sometimes. 

She looked over at her friends.
"Well. We were friends before you were sorted, what's the point in changing now?" The question had really took her off guard. What was the point in it? She barely glanced around, nobody was around. This made her feel eerie, usually the library was blooming with people studying for exams, even though they were ages away.
She had finally given up on trying to fight her friend.
"Fine then. Its not like we'd be able to do anything, ever. With your attitude and questioning and being depressed, and you wanting to stay back and do nothing. And against my attitude with wanting to do something with my life, Its obvious you want to do nothing but follow me around when you finish school. If you want to grow up and meet people why don't you talk to some people in Slytherin and meet some friends from your own house. Get involved. In the Gryffindor house me and two of my friends are already trying to get a study group and we're actually talking. I also have more friends and we're trying to get this world going. I'm trying to meet and get better in everything, and you're not doing anything! You need to meet some people of your own kind, and make more friends." She knew she was being rude, but it was the truth. She was meeting people and new friends and was having so much fun with them! And Zero hadn't been talking about any of her friends. And Zero hadn't been happy.

Goodbye lovelies!

Zero felt tears peck at her eyes. She blinked, fighting back from crying. "You're right," the girl said quietly. "You've always been." She stopped talking only to grab the book Sophie had given her minutes ago. "But one thing you didn't know. I don't know how to make friends. I don't know how to react to people. I don't know how." Weak. You're weak. Punch her for saying that. Zero cut at her skin on her hand to calm herself. "I don't know if I should follow you around or see you from time to time. She didn't even realize her tears started running down her cheek as she bit her lip. Blood ran down her chin as she looked up at her friend. "Hah." She smiled lightly. "I'm weak. See? I'm weak!" She laughed, licking the blood off of her lip. Zero lowered her head. "I don't even belong here.." She muttered to herself, then looked at her friend, hopefully not ex - friend. "I'm weak, okay?" Zero kept repeated it to herself. She knew she'd never make any other friends other than Sophie, and she'll never grow up. For the rest of her life she'd be childish. It wasn't even her fault. "I'm sorry.." Zero told her quietly. "I'm sorry I'm such a bad friend. I'm sorry that I'm the way I am.."