Library

Register
Sign in

Falling asleep in the library  Closed 

Its starting to get late the library is going to close in 2 hours and most of the students left to go to the common room. Its  quiet  and there is only a small group of students sitting at a table and doing homework together. Serena has alredy been in the library as soon as classes were over. The young witch had an exhausting first day and hasnt really talked to anyone yet. When she arrived in the library she immediately walked to the back of it, sitting down on the ground between the shelves filled with books. She sighed closing her eyes for a moment and enjoyed the silence. After a while she puled out her homework looking at it...  frowns and decides to do it later, pulling a small red  leather book out of her bag that has a golden Gryffindor crest on it, writing and drawing in it for a long while before putting it to the side and starting to do her homework. The young witch doesnt seems very happy. Her writing getting slower and slower, she yawns and after a while she falls asleep. Now she is siiting there, her halfway finished homework hanging down from her lap, her head leaning against a book shelve, drooling very slightly and her hair being a bit messy while she is still asleep.

Serena Song:"Im not weird im just unique."

Horace tip toe through the hallways heading to the library which is now closed and students are supposed to be in their common room. But these rules didn't apply on him as he has an arsenal of amazing spells up his sleeve unlike other first years he was no stranger to magic he was a Vargas he was tutored in these arts since he started walking. 

Of course he loved reading books but the reason why he sneaks in this late was because he wanted to visit the infamous restricted section of the library. Not for any evil reasons but just for his craving curiosity which sometimes led him to problems. 

He sneaked past prefects and professors roaming the hallways but under his amazing disillusionment charm he was not spotted. Sneaking past filch's cat was hard enough but he just about managed it. He got to the library "Alohamora!" he whispered and flicked his wand. The library door unlocked he got in and shut them behind him. 

And here he was in the magical library after curfew. He was filled with pride as he marched through the shelves towards the restricted section. As he was walking suddenly he got startled when he saw something sitting in between two shelves but as he came back to his senses he noticed it was just a girl but why is she sleeping here after curfew 'What if someone walks in she may get in trouble' he thought as he walked to her. "uh....Hey...Hey wake up!" he said as he tapped her shoulder.

Advanced reading and making homework into the wee hours of the morning were normal occurrences for a certain raven-haired Slytherin boy named Dmitri. The boy stifled a yawn from his secluded nook of the Hogwarts Library (the rumors that the Invisibility section of the library diverts attention from the people inside of it--rendering them unnoticable--were true. Dmitri has proven it with his frequent overnight stays, including now), Lumos shining brightly onto the spellbook he was currently immersed in. He was halfway into a comprehensive discussion of a functional Wedgie Hex when a loud voice broke through his reverie.

He froze. What if it was Mr. Filch? Or worse, Mrs. Norris. The hand that was holding his Lumos-ed wand shook slightly. He knew the rumors of the punishments the century-old-by-now caretaker seemed to like to dish out. And they were not good rumors. Although he was quite secure in the Invisibilty section right now, if somebody was purposefully looking for someone in there, they'd be seen--the diversion magic ineffective.

Moving from his place slowly and cautiously--muttering Nox to extinguish his Lumos--he crept around a row of bookshelves and peeked out from the side, letting his eyes adjust for a while. The only things he saw was a fully asleep girl huddled over a book--but it doesn't seem like she was the one making the noise. Right then, he was still hearing a distinctively male voice trying to wake the girl. Looking ever closer, he could see the air around the back of the girl refracting as if there was a solid thing there that nobody could see. Ah. Someone's invisible. 

Dmitri tapped his wand against his chin, thinking about how he should make the person reveal themselves without revealing himself inturn. With a flick of his wand he whispered Accio Invisibility Cloak, thinking that whoever the person is, they were wearing an invisibility cloak. However, nothing happened, and his incantation was loud enough to be heard. He was now well and utterly noticed.

So he then stood his ground and revealed himself fully for the invisible person to see. "Who's there? Reveal yourself. Or I'll be forced to Jinx you away from that innocent girl." Dmitri had a right to be suspicious and hostile. People under invisibility spells always have something to hide--secrets or maybe a flair for mischievousness.

Dmitri Kazimir Jones | Second Year Slytherin
Strength: 4 | Control: 10 | Agility: 10 | Stamina: 11

Horace was busy waking the sleepy girl when he heard something maybe someone is around he became alerted and thoughts started flowing into his mind what if its a professor or worse Mr. Filch. As he was busy thinking about his doom the person suddenly spoke "Who's there? Reveal yourself. Or I'll be forced to Jinx you away from that innocent girl." He got startled by the sudden warning and stood up facing the sound but he saw just a boy he relaxed a bit but why is he getting all suspicious on him he thought but then he noticed Of course a girl lying down and i am hovering over her this late at night in the library and all of this INVISIBLE of course he was being suspicious. 

Horace slightly flicked his wand casting a counter spell and as he became visible again he said with a scared face "uh.....I-I w-was just" He can't tell him he was trying to get into the restricted section he thought to himself "......uh..I was just looking for some books when i saw her sleeping here so i thought i should wake her up you know" he was not good at lying but he had some experience for getting in trouble so he had the ability to change the topic quite easily. 

"By the way what are you doing here this late at night?" he asked the boy to divert his attention "Anyways I am Horace Va...." He can't tell him he is a Vargas that would just increase his problems here as Vargas' were the typical rich pureblood Slytherin family "uh...and who are you?" he changed the topic again.

suddenly jumps up and points her wand at the two persons in front of her, being wide awake and ready to defend herself. Unfortunately she jumped up a bit to fast trip over her feet and falls forward throwing some books out of the shelve when she tries to hold myself up on it before she lands on her face. D..damn it her face is deep red, getting up slowly and spotting that the persons in front of her are students . O.. Oh  uhm ... hi .... moves her long colorful hair out of her face and looks at them her blue eyes shimmering in the light that is shining through the windows. She turns around and picks up her half finished homework and the books that she made fall out of the shelve. Putting her homework in to her bag together with her other stuff. She sighs and turns around to the two guys again. Uhm ... I have a feeling that we shouldnt be outside of our common rooms anymore ... what are you two doing here ? Quickly picks up her wand and puts it away, before taking a closer look at the persons standing in front of her waiting for an answer.
Last edited by Serena Song on 8th March 2018, 7:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The raven-haired boy's eyebrow raised when the invisible intruder cast a counter spell and revealed a blue-haired, blue-eyed boy his age. Said blue-haired boy introduced himself.

"By the way what are you doing here this late at night?"

The other boy--Horace, he said his name was--asked him. Dmitri just narrowed his eyes suspiciously and continued to point his wand towards Horace's direction. "I could say the same for you. Apparently, you're the one on the end of my wand so you answer me first--truthfully and quickly or you'll be cursed: What are you doing here?" Honestly, the other boy wasn't helping his cause with his vague answers about his purpose for coming here. 

"Looking for some books? You know, when one witnesses an invisible person traipsing around in the library at the wee hours of the night while harassing an innocent girl, one can't help but be suspicious--deadly suspicious." Dmitri narrowed his eyes and slightly stabbed his wand forward for emphasis. "And as a Slytherin who is used to subterfuge and cunning, I can clearly tell you're lying. Just remember, I have my wand pointed at you. One untruthful word from your mouth and you'll be flat on your back. Sound good, Horace?" The raven-haired boy smiled a predatory smile.

The other boy would have been able to answer, had not a ruckus happen when the girl woke up--loudly. Dmitri couldn't help but cringe as she stumbled and fell, bringing a few books with her. "Are you daft? Are you purposefully trying to get us caught?" Dmitri demanded, teeth clenched. "Keep on doing that and wake the whole school up, God knows I won't be able to study peacefully here now that you both have come." He resisted the urge to roll his eyes.

"Uhm ... I have a feeling that we shouldnt be outside of our common rooms anymore ... what are you two doing here?"
"If you hadn't heard our..." Dmitri gestured between himself and Horace with his hand that wasn't holding the wand, "...interaction earlier, you would have known that I, Dmitri Jones, ask the questions around here. I asked first, and besides, I've got my wand pointed at one of you." He shrugged. "What are you two doing here, huh?"

Reducio
Nah, it's okay bb. You're here now, that's what counts :)

Reducio
yay! now Horace will not have to handle a nasty situation with a dead body  :rofl:  

Horace was trying his best to not look suspicious anymore but somehow this slytherin was too sly to be fooled or maybe he wasn't good enough at lying either way he had to do something about this. The boy was still pointing his wand at him and threatening to curse Horace. 'HE is threatening ME!' Horace thought to himself not because of his family status or anything like that but because of his yet unknown expertise in spells. 'He must be having a deathwish!' Horace thought and giggled a bit as the boy continued.

The girl sleeping till now woke up all of a sudden and started stumbling around. The slytherin was now distracted towards this girl talking to her and even complaining about the noise she is making. Horace grinned and lowered his wand at his side. The slytherin was still busy scolding the girl and even emphasizing the fact that he had control over this situation so he will be doing the asking around here.

"Carpe Retractum!" Horace murmured as a rope shot out of his wand heading straight to snatch the wand away from the slytherin who didn't notice him getting ready up until now.

The girl stared at the Slytherin boy that is pointing his wand at them, raising her eyebrow. Just because you are holding a wand in your hand it doesnt means that you are the one who can ask the questions here... Her eyes shimmerd and she glares at him. Seriously who do you think you are ??? Let me guess a Slytherin that is soooo much better then everyone else??? crosses her arms and waits for an answer, spotting that the ravenclaw boy is reaching for his wand. We have better things to do then to discuss who has the right to do something here like to ask stupid questions .... we better work together and find a way back to our common rooms before we all get caught ... The ravenclaw boy disarms the Slytherin. The young Gryffindor girl sighs We seriously shouldnt start a fight here ... or at least i wont do that ... im not planning to loose any house points because i get caught wandering around the school at night ... even though now would be the perfect time to explore the areas i havent seen yet her eyes shimmer excited so ? Any idea how we can get out of here and to our common rooms without getting caught?

Dmitri raised one eyebrow as the previously-sleeping girl spoke to him. "No. I actually don't think I am better than everybody else. Although, I was here first before any of you and I did ask the question first. It's only polite to answer me before asking me in turn. If I didn't know any better I'd think you were insecure, Miss..." He tilted his head, prompting the girl to introduce herself.

The raven-haired boy was indeed an earlier occupant of the library--earlier than the other two. He has been there since early afternoon slaving away at his books and taking power naps in between. To be perfectly honest, he had every right to demand answers because it was his study session that was interrupted and not theirs. Before he can continue speaking, he heard the other boy utter the start of a spell. Since the incantation involved a few syllables, Dmitri had enough time--albeit milliseconds--to throw out a shorter one. And he said the shortest spell that came to mind.

"Avis!" 

A bird, suspiciously looking like a crow or more precisely, a raven, erupted from his wand. In an instant the bird shot out of said wand just in time to take the shot of a seizing rope instead of Dmitri. The bird exploded in a flurry of feathers and smoke. 

It was quite ominous really.

"How dare you? Didn't you know that possibly-destructive spells like that aren't allowed in the library? And to cast a spell against someone in the middle of speaking as well! Do you not have any manners?" Dmitri scowled at the boy, outraged. "If we weren't already out after curfew I'd say you deserve more points taken away from you."

He turned back to the girl when she spoke once more. "I don't know with you but my common room's in the dungeons where Filch doesn't really pass through at night. I just go out silently through the front door of the library."

Horace was silently casting his spell but the Slytherin just seemed too sly he noticed the incantation and countered it with his own spell. Horace was disappointed at his failure. He wanted to take things under control but instead he just screwed up even more now the Slytherin still had the upper hand he was convicted of treachery. Well it was worth a try he thought to himself as he sighed.

Horace just wasn't even gonna try anymore but he did chuckle a bit when the boy called his spell destructive. The boy then continued about how they shouldn't be here and he would not get in trouble because he lives in the dungeons or something Horace wasn't listening the whole thing but he understood the slytherin's 'concern' for them getting caught.

Seeing there was no way he was gonna be able to enter the restricted section right now (literally) he started trying to find a way out of all this fuss. "Yeah yeah we all know Slytherins are locked in the dungeons at night now if you are done i would like to get some sleep thank you very much" he taunted the Slytherin as he started walking back towards the door "And you...How are you planning to reach your common room without getting caught? Now don't tell me you are gonna walk out and explain Filch about all this" He said giggling as he looked at the girl.