Library

Register
Sign in

Making a Din  Open 

The young girl tentatively stepped foot into the library and had to clasp her hands over her mouth to prevent herself from gasping out loud. The sheer volume of books in this place was probably enough to replant a whole new patch of forest somewhere in the world! She inhaled in the musty scent of books -- Dinara was never an avid reader but she could appreciate a good story or two sometimes.

As the young girl walked amongst the towering shelves of books after books after books, a small, rather worn-out journal caught her eye. It would've been considered rather unassuming amidst the other heavily decorated book covers, yet the leather-bound book seemed to be of particular interest to Dinara. Unfortunately, it was at the very top of the shelves which would have been accessible to most, but not Dinara.

The girl, bright as she may be, often times makes poor decisions. This was one of them. She wasn't aware of the ladders that were placed around in order to help other vertically challenged students such as herself to reach the books positioned at the more 'inaccessible' locations, and instead, she opted to stack a bunch of books as a makeshift step-ladder in order to reach for the books on the top shelf.

Dinara should've though this through better, because the books she had chosen didn't exactly make for a strong foundation. Before she knew it, she had fallen and knocked over a bunch of other books that were neatly stacked in the corner, causing them to crash to the ground. She could hear low murmurs coming round from the long study table where most of the other students were concentrated, and her eyes darted around fearfully. She had barely spent any time here at Hogwarts! She couldn't be sent home so soon! Her classes hadn't even begun yet!

Without thinking, Dinara darted between the shelves, hoping that it could hide her till this whole fiasco blows over. Little did she know that her hiding spot was, again, less than ideal, and strands of her curly brown hair were poking out from the side, visible for all to see.

Stance | Stuck between a bookshelf and another bookshelf
Mood | Fearful, anxious

Strength 3 ✣ Agility 9 ✣ Control 8 ✣ Stamina 10
“Folks are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be!”
Make a Din!

Making a Din  Open 

Elena was sitting and leafing through books on magical creatures, she'd been absolutely overjoyed to get into ROAM. If the blue haired girl was honest, she didn't think that the professor would've let her in. Even if his words and actions didn't quite match up, he had loudly implied he thought of her as daft. She assumed that's where the whole trial period thing came into play, maybe he'd seen her grades, an E average was pretty good as far as she was concerned.

Then a loud clattering noise shocked her out of her thoughts, it looked like a girl standing nearby had missed the ladders and attempted to make her own, or had just tripped over one of the book stacks that appeared to move by themselves. Elena was considering asking the librarian if the books were sentient, they at least appeared to move around enough to be so. The girl that had caused the ruckus disappeared between shelves, although her hair was peeking out the sides, so it wasn't exactly the best hiding place in the world. She got up and nodded to the kid next to her.

"Gonna go check on her." She whispered and walked towards the shelves, she found the girl pretty quickly and tapped her on the shoulder.

"Hey, you looking for anything in particular? I'm pretty good at finding things around the library, probably because I've read a lot of things here." Elena smiled comfortingly at the girl.

When It All Comes Down To Dust I Will Kill You If I Must
Strength - 7 Agility - 8 Control - 9 Stamina - 6

Making a Din  Open 

Interactions | @Elena Jones
✣ Making a Din ✣

Her small frame trembled as the murmurs grew. Dinara could almost feel the stares of the older students and she prayed that the librarian wouldn't notice, or that any one of the students wouldn't rat her out. It was then she felt a small tap on her shoulder and against her better judgement, let out a loud yelp that probably far exceeded the volume of the books crashing over.
"Hey, you looking for anything in particular? I'm pretty good at finding things around the library, probably because I've read a lot of things here."
Dinara looked up from beneath her lashes, trying her best to stop her body from trembling. Show no fear and it won't exist. Her eyes were met with a pleasant looking, blue-haired girl. She smiled brightly, trying to hide her obvious panic that was still evident in her eyes. Trying not to draw further attention to herself and potentially get expelled for what she's done, Dinara kept her voice at a low whisper, which, very frankly still came out at a volume of another's murmur. "Heh. I was just, y'know, trying to look around. Just maybe not mention this to anyone?"

Dinara's eyes darted around wildly, hoping that no one else would see what happened. Though she kept her torso straight and held her head high, her legs were trembling beneath her oversized robes. The two-sizes-too-large robes may have been a hindrance in other situations, but this was one of the few rare ones in which Dinara was infinitely thankful to have something hide to hide her trembling physique.

Strength 3 ✣ Agility 9 ✣ Control 8 ✣ Stamina 10
“Folks are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be!”
Make a Din!

Making a Din  Open 

Kaia had come into the library hoping for a peaceful evening, she wandered through the shelves, looking at the millions of books that she had access to, she took as many as she could carry, most of the books she had were on Quidditch, her favourite thing in the world apart from chocolate, she made her way to the tables and sat down, she picked up the first book on top of the large pile that was sitting in front of her, this book happened to be Quidditch Through the Ages by Kennilworthy Whisp, Kaia began to read, but as soon as she did, there was a huge crash, Kaia jumped in her seat from alarm, she stood up picked up her books and made her way to where she had heard the crash.

Kaia turned the corner and over the top of her books, she spotted two girls taking books from a huge pile in the middle of the floor and hastily putting them back in the shelves, one of the girls had bright blue hair, and the other had big bushy hair. She set down the pile of books on a small stool, she stepped over a few books as she made her way over to the two girls. She stood there awkwardly until one of the girls noticed she was there.

'Uhh... would you like some help?" Kaia asked nervously "Oh and uh, I'm Kaia Burke" she said as she began to pick up some books
Last edited by Kaia Burke on 11th December 2018, 8:43 am, edited 3 times in total.

Kaia Burke

Making a Din  Open 

The first girl seemed scared, and panicking was the last thing the blue haired girl wanted to deal with, not because she didn’t know how, it was more the fact that Elena was still trying to deal with her own annoying emotions. Sorting out whether or not the feeling of acceptance and protection she had was what family felt like, things like that. One way or another though, Elena needed to calm the girl down, “Hey, it’s okay, nothing to worry about. We have a nice librarian, as long as you’re not deliberately disrupting people she doesn’t get unhappy. She even lets me sing, which is really cool!”

“Even the librarian took a couple of weeks to find the ladders, I was just lucky that she liked my book choices, showed me all the secrets.” Elena winked at her and pushed the book pile to the side, “See? Easy peasy, nothing to worry about. The books are friends of mine.”

Elena smiled at the new girl, Kaia, she’d said, “I’m Elena, nice to meet you, I think we’re about done here, but if either of you want a cup of tea or some book recommendations. Well, I think that could be arranged, if you want to that is. If not then I have a stack of books on magical creatures to make my way through, gotta get ready for classes you know?”

When It All Comes Down To Dust I Will Kill You If I Must
Strength - 7 Agility - 8 Control - 9 Stamina - 6