Library

Register
Sign in

Wanna be friends?  PV Sonya C.   Closed 

Mariela walked into the library, looking around as she watched students get books or put books away, magically. Being a muggle-born and only believing in magic, never have seen it until she went to Hogwarts, she was in awe at every magical thing she saw. She watched as the students simple held a book and the book floated up and went back in its place. She sat at a table and put her things down. She took out her books and notes and started to study what she had learned in Charms as well as in Transfiguration, finding everything really interesting. She read beyond what she was supposed to. The people in her house said it was second nature since Ravenclaws were smart and they wanted to expand their knowledge. But Mariela would just say because she was curious and loved to read.
She stood up to search for more transfiguration and charms books to read. She went to an aisle that had the books she was looking for. After a while of searching (and struggling to get the books on the highest shelves), she found a few books.
Mariela started to walk back to the table she was sitting at but accidentally bumped into a girl, making Mariela drop her books.
"Oh, I am so sorry! I wasn't looking where I was going," she said nervously as she apologized.
Last edited by Mariela Castaneda on 27th September 2018, 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Be the person who decided to just GO FOR IT
~Unknown

Sonya walked into the library with a look of awe on her face. She had been to the library a few times so far but the many books on the shelves never ceased to amaze her. The library was always like a second home to her. It was very comforting and reminded her of home, even the scent of the books was familiar. She could tell that she would be visiting the library many times during her time at Hogwarts. There were so many books in any subject you could think of! It was a beautiful sight, and in many ways comforting to her.

She paused the shelves for any material that looked interesting to her. She loved books and would just read all day if she could. After a few minutes she had grabbed a couple books in different subjects. Variety was good for her, as she wanted to learn as much as possible during her time at Hogwarts. She looked a bit more for more interesting finds, smiling when she saw a book written by her father on the shelf she was looking at but not picking it up as she had already read it multiple times.

She carried on down a few more aisles she stopped and took a step back to look up at something on a higher shelf. She ended up bumping into someone and both of their books dropped.
"Oh, I am so sorry! I wasn't looking where I was going," the girl said.
"Oh, it's alright. I probably should've been paying more attention," Sonya laughed nervously, gathering her books. "Are you alright?"
Last edited by Sonya Carlson on 3rd October 2018, 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Life is never what you plan"

Mariela nodded quickly as the girl asked if she was okay. " Y- Yeah... I'm alright," she said quickly as she picked up her books and helped the girl pick up her own books . 
" I'm really sorry ," she apologized again, nervously. This was how she was when she talked to new people . But now more because she had been made fun of for being a muggle born . 
" Um ... your books look interesting ," she said as she had read the titles of the books the girl had gotten while she had helped her pick them up . She assumed the girl also liked reading since she had grabbed a couple of books and she found the books interesting .
She could tell by the girl's robes that she was a Hufflepuff and the girl also seemed around her age. She thought she had the girl in one of her classes but she wasn't really sure . She just hoped the girl wasn't mean like some of the other kids she had met . But the kids who had teased her were Slytherin's and this girl was a Hufflepuff so maybe she was nicer than the Slytherins . But she couldn't be sure .

~Unknown

"Really, it's no big deal," Sonya said with a smile. The girl seemed to feel really bad about the little stumble, but it really wasn't anything.
"Your books look interesting," the girl said.
"Let's hope they are," Sonya laughed, "I just picked up whatever looked good off the shelves." This girl seemed really sweet and she hoped they could become friends. Hopefully she didn't make things in conversation awkward. "I just love the library. It's so big and welcoming. I find books to remind me of home a lot, my father's an author, that's his book there," she said, pointing at a book titled A Guide to Navigating the Muggle World, "He wrote a lot on muggles. My mother was a muggle but she died right after I was born. I still keep in touch with her relatives though, my aunt and uncles are very nice. My aunt lives in New York and has two twins, just a little younger than me. I visit them a lot," she giggled nervously, realizing she was rambling and had made it awkward by mentioning her mother. "Anyways, I'm Sonya. It's nice to meet you," she introduced herself with a smile and held her hand out for a shake.

" That's his book there ," she said , pointing at a book titled A Guide to Navigating the Muggle World
Mariela looked over at the book and chuckled at the title . " Oh ... I see ..." she said with a small smile . 
She smiled and shook the girl's hand . " I'm Mariela . But you can call me Ela for short . I'm a muggle acutally so everything here is just so amazing . I mean of course I've heard about magic and believed in it but I never thought it was actually real ... I'll have to read your father's book . I don't know why but I find it funny how some wizards write about how muggles are weird with our technology and all of that . But if makes sense because to me all of this about magic is also kind of weird and confusing but it's also amazing and interesting ."
She thought Sonya was nice with the small conversation they just had . She thought maybe they could be friends since they both had something in common which was reading and loving the library. Sonya was on of the few people who had treated her nicely .
Last edited by Mariela Castaneda on 24th September 2018, 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

~Unknown

"I mean I grew up around the muggle world, but some things still confuse me," Sonya laughed, "Just a couple days ago I found out go fish was a card game and didn't have actual fish, which is quite disappointing," She had played a game with one of her muggle born friends and it was quite fun, but the lack of fish was confusing, the game was called go fish for goodness sake! It was the little things like this which confused her. But magic could be the same, even for her. She could only imagine what things at Hogwarts seemed like to a muggle born. They wore strange clothes most of the time and had some very weird traditions. "And yes, magic is quite weird. I understand it can be pretty overwhelming for someone just discovering it. I mean I'm surprised you believed in magic as a muggle, most muggle borns think it's bogus until they see it for themselves" she said with a smile.
"Anyways, what are your first impressions of Hogwarts? What classes do you like?" Sonya questioned. "I myself have begun to love herbology. The professor is so nice and finding the many uses of plants is fun. How about you?"

Mariela let out a small laugh as Sonya mentioned her new foundings. " Yeah um it's not actually a fish the person who invented the game just decided to name it that name ."
" Well um, we do believe in magic ... maybe not magic like here where there are wands and stuff but as kids, we grow up with stories of Peter Pan and Tinker Bell and stories like that with faries and that people can fly. So that's how we believe in magic. But as people get older, they stop believing in those stories and that that's why wizards and witches say muggles don't believe in magic. But small kids do. Like me. Maybe once they're about ... fifteen years old they stop believing in those magical stories. I know this because my older brother Liam is fifteen and he didn't believe in those stories ... at least not until I got my Hogwarts letter by owl then he got really freaked out." She giggled as she remembered the look on her older brother's face when an owl stopped by their house with a Hogwarts letter.
Ela listened to Sonya talk about loving Herbology class.
"Well I really like Charms class. And Transfiguration too. I find them really weird but amazing at the same time. The teachers are nice too," she said with a smile.

~Unknown

Sonya smiled, she was glad that Mariela was enjoying her classes. She was enjoying hers as well and was glad someone shared the opinion. A lot of students actually disliked classes and hated doing schoolwork but Sonya knew it was necessary for the future. "Anyways, what are you interested in doing around the school? Any clubs? Quidditch?" She asked, "I want to do so many things, but I have so little time. I do't think I'm going to do quidditch, but I'm exited to watch! I joined this club that's all about helping people, which is fun. There's a lot of nice people there. I also am in the drama club. I love preforming, my mother used to be a performer." Sonya said. She was exited for her future at Hogwarts but had to choose her side clubs and activities wisely, as she had limited time. It wasn't like she could do everything! She wished she could though. There were so many great looking clubs she didn't know which ones to join. She was pretty sure she wasn't going to do quidditch though. As much as it looked fun and her friends wanted her to, it was very competitive and she'd prefer not to get that aggressive. People got very worked up over quidditch and she wasn't that invested in it. Sonya would much prefer to stick to her preforming arts!

Mariela shook her head. "No. I have not joined any clubs yet. I do not really know what to join . I'm just still getting used to everything around here," she said. " And I am not really into Quidditch. I mean I think it is fun to watch and all but I could not join the Quidditch team because I am afraid of heights so that would not work out so well and I am also not a great performer so I do not think drama club is the best for me to join ... I honestly do not know what to join. Everything is still so new to me."

Mariela had heard of some clubs and they sounded interesting but she did not know if she would fit in those clubs. She was just so lost at what she wanted to do, she could not make up her mind on what to join. She enjoyed all of her classes and could not understand why some students did not like their classes. She especially enjoyed the Charms and Transfiguration class. She found it really fun and amazing how to perform certain spells and what they could do to someone. Or also she loved Transfiguration class because she never thought that transforming something into something else was possible.

~Unknown

Sonya smiled. "I know, it can be a lot to come to Hogwarts for the first time," she said, "And quidditch is way too aggressive for me as well, both on and off the pitch. Quidditch fans sure are passionate," She laughed. She thought about the many stories involving quidditch her father had told her. It sounded so entertaining and exiting. She couldn't wait to view the first game sometime soon. It should be fun to go to the game and cheer on her housemates. She also wanted to fly a bit for fun, but that was for another time.

She searched her mind for something to say. Mariela seemed kinda shy so she didn't want to scare her with her outgoingness. "So, how do you like your house?" Sonya asked, "Hufflepuff is really nice. The people there are just amazing and they make great food." Her house was great and now she couldn't imagine herself in any other house. The students in Hufflepuff were mostly nice, with the exception of a few people who didn't want to be in Hufflepuff. Of course, other houses were great too, but hers was truly something special for her. "Hopefully Ravenclaw is nice as well," she said, mentioning the other girl's house.