Library

Register
Sign in

The Stars Align  Ended 

PV: Anastasia Beckett

Continued from: The Stars Have Not Yet Aligned

Cecily Queen smiled at she read Anne Of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery. She was at the part where Anne had to apologize to Mrs. Lynde.

Anne of Green Gables was Cecily’s all time favorite muggle book. She loved Anne and felt like she could relate to her a lot. If Cecily could have one wish, it would be to go into the story and meet Anne.

Cecily loved everything about Anne. Her personality, her appearance, her name, the way she talked, and her home. Cecily felt like she was a lot like Anne. She loved to imagine, she wasn’t afraid to stand up to mean people, she wasn’t afraid to speak her feelings.

But today, Cecily really felt like she could really relate to Anne. Well, sort of. Anne had gotten mad at Mrs. Lynde for calling her a name. Anne immediately exploded at Mrs. Lynde and began crying. Marilla Cuthbert said she must apologize, but she wouldn’t. No matter what happened to her, Anne made sure she would never apologize to her.

Cecily had read Anne of Green Gables already, but never really thought about this particular chapter because she never had problems with apologizing. Cecily usually was very kind to people, and only apologized to her siblings and parents so far. Cecily never got in an argument with her friends. She never imagined she would.

She did, however. She did get in an argument. It was a couple days ago, Cecily found a Gryffindor girl doing her Astronomy homework. She looked very annoyed and bothered at something. Cecily always wanted to comfort people and make them feel better. She asked the girl, Anastasia Beckett, what was wrong. Anastasia replied saying that she was fine. Cecily knew that she wasn’t fine, and continued to ask her what was wrong. She pushed and pushed, wanting to help the girl. The girl finally couldn’t take it any more, and told Cecily that she was bothered by her. Cecily. Yes, Cecily.

Cecily couldn’t believe it. She began to cry, said a couple of things to Anastasia, and then ran out, crying her face out.

Anastasia ran into Cecily later, and that’s when things really got bad. Anastasia told Cecily that she should toughen up, and Cecily told her that she didn’t care what she thought and she told her that she should soften up and not act all angry at another person just because they were cranky that day.

After saying a few more things, Cecily walked away again. She did not see Anastasia at all for the next two days.

All this time, Cecily had been having an argument for herself. Should she apologize first? Or should Anastasia apologize first? Cecily had finally decided that Anastasia should apologize first. Now, this wasn’t Cecily. Usually, Cecily would be the one to apologize first. But since Cecily  thought Anastasia was such a grouchy mess when she met her, she thought Anastasia should apologize first. Cecily also didn’t realize that the whole problem between the two was partly her fault. She had pushed Anastasia in telling her what was wrong, even though that didn’t seem wrong to Cecily. She should have realized that Anastasia was not in the mood that day.

This is where the Anne of Green Gables story came in. In the chapter, Anne didn’t want to apologize, but finally realized she must. She gathered all her courage and did it. No matter how hard it was for her. This was when Cecily did not feel like she related to her. Cecily wanted to apologize to Anastasia, but she didn’t want to at the same time. But Cecily had made the decision to not do it no matter what.

Cecily frowned as she finished the chapter. Mrs. Lynde had forgiven Anne, and Anne felt free! She didn’t have to worry about that problem anymore! It was all done. This was when Cecily rethought apologizing to Anastasia. If she just gritted her teeth and did it, she wouldn’t have to worry about their problem anymore. If Anastasia forgave Cecily, the two could potentially become friends and not have a problem with each other.

Cecily looked around the Library. She wanted to apologize to Anastasia. She wanted to be done with the matter. Where would she find her? She didn’t appear to be in the Library, and Cecily had not seen her for the past two days.

Cecily checked her watch. 11:15. She should go to lunch soon. Maybe she could walk over to the Gryffindor table. But apologzing to Anastasia right at the Griffyndor table would make too much of a scene. Cecily didn't want that. She wanted it to be private. Cecily sat there for a few minutes wondering where to go and what to do.

Cecelia Dahlia Queen
Stats: Strength: 9 Agility: 9 
Control: 10
 Stamina: 7

The Stars Align  Ended 

Anastasia had avoided the library the last few days after several incidents ranging from someone stealing her seat and refusing to give it back to her making someone cry. As much as she hated to admit it, she was still feeling rather guilty about the entire exchange with Cecily over the weekend. The girl really did seem genuinely sweet and caring, and people like that were few and far in between in Anastasia's world. She'd been in a positively awful mood that day, and while Cecily had been a bit irritating, she'd only been trying to help out. There were certainly worse crimes.

She took a deep breath and entered the library, scanning for the blonde Ravenclaw. She decided to go back to the area where they'd met. Maybe Cecily sat there often? Anastasia hoped so. She also hoped she could get her apology out without the girl interrupting her or saying something that made her change her mind. She normally didn't give much thought as to what happened to people after she said something stinging and they ran off crying. Running into Cecily sobbing her eyes out hours after their interaction had shaken her a bit. She always wanted to influence other people, but not like that. She wanted to be respected and maybe even adored, not feared and hated. She only hoped that Cecily would accept her apology. 

She saw no sign of the girl and sighed with discouragement. This whole situation was foreign to her - the apologizing, the having to work really hard to get what she wanted, all of it. When she really wanted something, she would work like crazy for it, but this was different. It wasn't a goal or anything she was after. It was forgiveness. Her father had always said that a Beckett would never need to ask for forgiveness from anyone. Ever. As with so many other things, she was beginning to doubt that as she spent more time at Hogwarts. She turned around and saw a blonde girl in blue robes. She dearly hoped that was Cecily as she walked briskly towards the girl. 

"Excuse me, Cecily?" she said, tapping the girl on the shoulder. She sighed with relief at the recognition that it was in fact, Cecily. She decided to apologize before anything else. "I'd like to apologize for my behavior this past weekend. I was having a rather difficult time of things and I took it out on you." She blurted it more than she meant to, and it wasn't exactly the speech she'd practiced in her mind, but she hoped it would suffice.  

I only act like I know everything. Maybe I'm scared that someone will find out I don’t. Stats - Strength: 5, Agility: 6, Control: 12, Stamina:7

The Stars Align  Ended 

Cecily sat there, waiting. She had no idea where to go to find Anastasia. After sitting there for a while, she finally concluded to go to lunch. If Anastasia was there maybe she could motion to her to come over and talk to her. But then again, there was no telling if Anastasia even wanted to talk to Cecily again.

She was just about to stand up when someone entered the Library. The Ravenclaw girl's stomach did a backflip. It was Anastasia. Anastasia Beckett. The exact Griffyndor girl who Cecily was looking for.

Feeling nervous, Cecily opened her book up again and pretended to read. Maybe Anastasia wasn't there for Cecily. Perhaps she was there to only pick up a book or to see a friend. Cecily definitely did not want to bother Anastasia again if she didn't want to see her. That could only make matters worse.

Out of the corner of her eye, Cecily could see Anastasia heading toward her. Okay, so she most likely was there to see her. Either that, or she was there to pick up a book from a shelf Cecily was near. Surely, if Anastasia didn't want to see Cecily, she would have recognized her and gone away?

Anastasia kept walking. No. She had noticed Cecily. One hundred percent. There was no way she didn't see her. Unless she had forgotten what Cecily looked like, which was doubtful.

Her heart pounded. Cecily took a deep breath and was about to face Anastasia to apologize, but wasn't quick enough. Anastasia spoke first.
"Excuse me, Cecily? I'd like to apologize for my behavior this past weekend. I was having a rather difficult time of things and I took it out on you."

Cecily was surprised. Really surprised. Anastasia had apologized. No, this had to be a dream. Perhaps some silly imagination that Cecily was having. There were times when Cecily really got into her imaginations. It would make sense why this imagination was happening. This was one of Cecily's hopes. She hoped that Anastasia would apologize. She hoped that she wouldn't be mad at her. However, it seemed so good to be real.

No, this was definitely real. Cecily was speechless. She didn't know what to say. Cecily hoped that Anastasia wouldn't be bothered by this. It was a little silly Cecily was acting this way in a serious moment.

She pulled herself together and tried to answer as calmly and thankfully as possible.

"Thank you for the apology, Anastasia," Cecily began, surprised that she could speak in her normal voice. "I forgive you. I want to apologize too. I was being such a wimp too when I should have been tough like you said. I was also rude, caring all about myself, and-" Cecily paused and took a deep breath, "wanting you to apologize first. It was silly of me to think that. I realize it now. This whole problem was me. It was all me. I pushed you when I shouldn't have, and when you were just being honest I made you feel bad. I am sorry."

Cecily looked straight into Anastasia's calm eyes. She smiled. A warm, comforting smile. Cecily was always good at smiling.

"Friends?" Cecily asked calmly, but with much excitement inside. Then without waiting for a reply, Cecily hugged her. A long, heart-warming hug.

Cecelia Dahlia Queen

The Stars Align  Ended 

Anastasia smiled at the girl's words. Cecily really did seem to be that genuinely sweet. People like that were rare overall, and all but non-existent in Anastasia's world. She also felt a bit more guilty for having been so awful to her now. She had only been trying to be kind and helpful, and Anastasia had been horrid to her. She only hoped that maybe now they could be something resembling friends. Anastasia had plenty of allies and more enemies, but very few friends. Her parents had always said that people weren't really friends and that there was always something that each person wanted from the other, but Cecily didn't seem like that at all. 

Anastasia began to reply to the Ravenclaw's offer of friendship when Cecily enveloped her in a hug. Anastasia was naturally a fairly affectionate person, but her parents really weren't, so she could count on her fingers the number of times she remembered being hugged. She was a bit stiff at first before hugging the other girl tightly. For some reason, her eyes got a bit watery, but she blinked a few times and her vision cleared. If there was one thing that her parents had more disdain for than physical affection, it was crying. 

After a few moments, she pulled back and smiled at the other girl. She knew she definitely wanted to try to be friends with her. "Friends," she said, her cheeks hurting from her wide smile. Her smile right now was real, not her normal polite smile, or her sarcastic smile, or her smile for when she was hurting and trying to hide it. It was a real, joyful smile, that made her actually look like she was elven for once. 

Reducio
OOC Note - Sorry it took me so long to get back to you! I've been having some serious writer's block the past week or so!

I only act like I know everything. Maybe I'm scared that someone will find out I don’t. Stats - Strength: 5, Agility: 6, Control: 12, Stamina:7

The Stars Align  Ended 

It felt like forever until they stopped hugging that Cecily was surprised she could stand. It was such an amazing moment, that Cecily didn't want to go. Anastasia's cheeks looked red from smiling, and Cecily began to feel her eyes water.

She smiled at Anastasia, sniffed, and wiped away a tear that was about to fall from her eyelashes.

It was very funny how Cecily had made friends with Anastasia. One moment Anastasia and Cecily wished they had never met each other, and the next couple days they were hugging each other.

Cecily didn't know what to do. She had many options; she could leave Anastsia to go study more with or without Anastasia, she could go eat lunch with or without her or she could even go back to her dormitory to pull herself together.

The Ravenclaw girl looked around the Library. There were some people that were looking at them with puzzled faces. Others were still doing their homework pretending the two girls weren't there.

"Uh, I suppose we could go eat lunch then? It would be fun to just chat, you know, take a break from homework and get to know each other better. And I am really down for some food right now," Cecily said to Anastasia, offering her another big smile.

She did want to get to know Anastasia better, because after all, she hardly knew anything about her.
Reducio
OOC: Sorry for not posting!

Cecelia Dahlia Queen

The Stars Align  Ended 

Anastasia grinned again and nodded at Cecily's suggestion. She was still rather in shock that the Ravenclaw had forgiven her just like that. People in her world didn't forgive that easily. They either didn't forgive or pretended to and stabbed the other person in the back further down the road. It was certainly an interesting society, but it was all that Anastasia had ever known. 

"It would be quite lovely to learn more about each other, beyond the fact that I'm on the judgemental side and you're too kind for your own good," Anastasia laughed, grinning. Obviously, her analysis of Cecily wasn't complete, but so far, she really did think the second year was truly kind. She still wasn't totally certain though, seeing as she'd only ever met a countable number of people like that. Her stomach rumbled and she glanced down sheepishly. With all of her nerves about looking for Cecily and apologizing to her, she hadn't been eating much lately.  "And getting food sounds like an excellent idea right now.

She brushed her hair out of her face as she looked at the blonde expectantly. This should be interesting. Hopefully, Anastasia could learn more about this girl without it seeming like she was interrogating her. 

Reducio
OOC Note - Do you want to reply one more time and then I post the next thread or should I just go ahead and post a follow up in the Great Hall?

The Stars Align  Ended 

Reducio
You can go ahead and post in the Great Hall!! :biggrin:

Cecelia Dahlia Queen