Library

Register
Sign in

Excuse Me!!!  PV   Closed 

Anastasia strolled into the library, inhaling the familiar scent of the books and everything in there. She had only been at Hogwarts for a few days, but the library had already become one of her favorite places in the school, second only to the Charms classroom, which always smelled like and contained baked goods. She had quite a bit of homework to do, and the common room was rather noisy at the moment, so this was the logical place to go. She looked for a seat, but the first few tables she came across were full, so when she saw an empty seat, she rushed to it and sat down. She began to get her books and supplies out of her book bag and began on her Herbology homework. 

After about a half hour, she realized that she could need a book for reference, which she had left in her room. She sighed and got up, leaving her things at her station as she began to look for her book. She thought she had found the book only to realize that it was actually a book about the book she was looking for and she huffed again as she put the book back. She finally managed to find the book and went back to her seat to get back to her homework. 
Last edited by Anastasia Beckett on 11th September 2018, 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

I only act like I know everything. Maybe I'm scared that someone will find out I don’t. Stats - Strength: 5, Agility: 6, Control: 12, Stamina:7

Anastasia was feeling very overwhelmed with the amount of people in her common room and around the school, what with the new first years. She knew from experience that the library was the best place to sit and relax and possibly educate herself about something that she didn't know from one of the many books in the library. To her surprise there were a quite a few people already there.

When she walked in she struggled for a while to find a seat finding all of the tables were full. In the corner of her eye, she spied an armchair that had someones homework on it but there was no one there. She looked around and waited for a minute to see if anyone would come back. She quickly made her mind that no one was and gently moved the papers and books of to the side and onto a small table. Having one quick glance around making sure no one was coming she planted her self onto the chair. It was surprisingly comfortable. She pulled out her copy of Hogwarts a History just to get in a little bit of ready. She had obviously read it a few times before then but she wanted to make sure she hadn't missed anything worth knowing.

Aspire to inspire, before we expire

Anastasia's eyes were cold and she scowled for a moment before she pasted on a polite smile. Honestly, who just took someone's seat that had homework in the process of being done? If it had just been a book or something, that would have made more sense, but she hadn't left her book bag there and everything. The seat was clearly taken. 

"Excuse me, but you've taken my seat," Anastasia said, politely but firmly. Hopefully, the girl would just let her have her seat back without any further issues. She doubted that though. People never did seemed to want to give back anything they'd accidentally taken. She drew herself to her full height, and her eyes flashed. She was trying to handle this diplomatically, but she was more irritated about it than she really should have been. 

She crossed her arms as she kept her pasted smile on. She was used to getting her way no matter what, but she had found that it was easier when she pretended to be patient. She tapped her foot a bit, waiting for the girl to make some sort of reply. She really wanted the girl to just give her seat back, so Anastasia could get back to her homework. She rather enjoyed Herbology but it was rather difficult, and she wanted to get back to finishing her homework. 

I only act like I know everything. Maybe I'm scared that someone will find out I don’t. Stats - Strength: 5, Agility: 6, Control: 12, Stamina:7

Anastasia heard a distinct voice behind her. She carefully folded the corner of the page on her book and turned around to face the person behind her. There was a girl standing behind her with long brown hair and her arms were crossed. A smile planted on her face that made Anastasia feel a bit uncomfortable. Oh, Sorry, are you talking to me? Anastasia asked cluelessly but politely. Hopefully this wasn't the person who was doing their homework on this chair before her. Sorry I took your seat, she said sympathetically. But I waited to see if anyone would come back and... Anastasia trailed off slightly intimadated by the girl who was standing above her. Well, I put your stuff over there, She pointed to the neat pile of books and parchment and feather quills that were off to the side on a little table.

Anastasia smiled slightly and turned back around opening her book to continue reading about the 4 founders of Hogwarts. She hoped that the girl wouldn't cause a fuss and just find another seat. The library was huge anyway, there would surely be more free seats. She hummed quietly hoping the girl would collect her stuff and walk away.

"Well, as is clearly evident, I did come back, so I would like my seat back as I have homework to finish," Anastasia said as politely as she could. It was phrased as a question, but her voice was more commanding. Anastasia was used to getting her way, no matter what, and she wasn't about to give up that easily. She tapped her finger against her arm as she waited for some sort of response from the girl. Honestly, what kind of ill-bred brat just took people's seats and then had the gall to respond like that? Trying to justify herself.

She bit her lip as she tried to keep her pasted smile on when the girl pointed in the direction of her belongings. Who did that? People didn't just leave their homework in the library, they just didn't. So why on Earth would the girl do that? 

Anastasia's mouth dropped a bit open when the girl turned back to her book and started humming. You couldn't just ignore Anastasia Beckett! It just simply wasn't done! Anastasia was considering various plans of action. They ranged from snatching the book to shoving the girl out of the chair, but most of them involved causing a rather large scene, which would be quite improper. 

Anastasia was shocked by this girls tone and she was not just going to give up her seat. You know that there is more than one seat in this library right? I could have been rude and thrown your homework across the ground and told you to get lost but I was nice and didn't. Please just save both of us the time and go and find a different seat. Anastasia was getting tired with this conversation and just really wanted to get back to her ready.

She looked at the girl with a grim look on her face. Look, I know you are probably used to getting your own way and I can understand that as the youngest child but it really isn't that hard to find another seat

Anastasia was not about to give in to this little first year who thought that she could get whatever she wanted. Anastasia was raised not to give in to this sort of people. She stood her ground and was prepared for whatever this girl had to say wether it was good or bad. She smiled sarcastically. She had meet many people like that but she would hope that this girl was not the minipulative kind.

Anastasia's overly sweet smile vanished at the girl's words. She was clearly in the wrong here, whoever she might be. Honestly, she considered herself nice for not throwing Anastasia's things on the floor? That was basic decency, right up there with not stealing seats. "Well, like you say, there are plenty of other seats, and you chose to take one of the few that was occupied," Anastasia said, her voice cold. She always got what she wanted, but it wasn't always just given to her. She knew how to manipulate practically anyone to give her whatever she wanted.

"Seeing as you're simply here for leisure, while I'm actually working on homework, I think you can afford to get up and find another seat," Anastasia added. Her parents had always told her that a Beckett's time was valuable beyond measure and only a fool would waste it. She knew she was probably overreacting about the seat, but she didn't care. She had gone too far to turn back now. If she gave in to the other girl, she would look weak, and this brat would think it alright to just go about taking other people's things. Anastasia resolved to go to the librarian if the other girl didn't give her seat back. She was very good at getting adults to like her, and she knew that to any normal human, the solution would be obvious.  

Anastasia was shocked at how ill-mannered this little girl was. Did she treat everyone like this? Maybe if she had been graced with the skill of being quick-witted then she would understand what respect is. So I can afford to get another seat, but you can't? What are you studying that's 'so important' that I must move and find another seat? I damn well hope you're studying respect. Maybe then you will learn some.

Anastasia was surprised at how a simple first year could have enough nerve to try and boss her, a second year, around. Stupid, bossy Gryffindors. While she found that some of those belonging to the lion house were alright, this girl was not one of them.

You know, maybe if you hadn't of grown up so spoilt you would of learnt how life does not always go your way. Sometimes, you just have to suck it up and make the best of what you have. So I suggest that you scoot off to another seat and leave me here in peace, instead of bugging me with your constant whining.

By this time, Anastasias voice had become cold enough to rival the cold Scottish winters here in the castle, and her eyes had slitted into a glare that shot ice daggers at the bad mannered little first year that dared challenge her. One thing was for sure, she was not about to let a spoilt little first year kick her out of her seat.

"Yes, you can afford to get a seat, seeing as you don't appear to be doing anything productive, and anyway, my time is far more valuable than a thieving bully like you," Anastasia said, all pretenses of curtesy fading away. She wanted her bloody seat back and she wasn't about to give in to some rude girl who was a year older than her at absolute most. "As for respect, I respect those who deserve it, which doesn't include ill-bred thieves."

Anastasia laughed when the girl said life didn't always go her way. That was how things worked for poor people, not Becketts. Her mother always said that Becketts got their way because they were fundamentally better than practically everyone else in the world. She wasn't so sure about that last bit, but she knew that she always got her way, and wasn't about to let some whining, thieving prune stop her. 

"Maybe that's how things work for people like you, who can't even get a seat in a library without taking it. Honestly, you keep trying to call me spoiled, when you're the one who bloody took a first year's seat and is refusing to give it back. I mean really, were you raised in a bloody barn?" Anastasia said, cocking her head innocently. She rolled her eyes at the girl's glare. Growing up with her father, she was used to cold, murderous glare, so a twelve-year-old with a bad attitude had little effect on her. 

Anastasia was shocked. This girl could just possibly be the most stupid person in the world. How dare she call her an ill-bred thief.
"I may be an ill-bred thief but at least I am not a stuck up little princess who thinks she owns the world and everyone does what she want, well that's not how it works.
An idea crossed her mind and an evil smile crossed her face."
"If I had a penny for every brain cell you have, I'd have absolutely nothing. You know why? Because you are stupid. You think everyone will kiss your feet when you walk into the room well news flash! That's not how life works.":
You are one of the worst Gryffindors I have ever meet and I am not afraid to say so."

Ana's blood was boiling with anger as she stared straight into this girls eyes. She had never been so angry with someone. No one could ever bad mouth her parents and the way she was raised like that and get away with it.

Anastasia pointed her finger straight at the girl's nose and spat at her, "Your parents must be so ashamed with how you came out they were probably so happy when you got your acceptation letter. They probably celebrated not having to deal with your sorry a** anymore."
Anastasia went cold and a shiver went straight down her spine.

How many times Rorie had been in the library the past week, she couldn't count. All she knew is that the librarian knew her name, and that was a solid sign of being in there too much.

But the library itself held tons of secrets, in books and in actual physical secrets. So starting her adventure of the grand castle might as well start in the library.

She greeted the librarian and ventured to the aisle she always went to, walking to the very end and standing on her very toes to slide the book off its shelf and into her curious hands. Her long blonde hair was in her face, so she tied the curly mess into a messy bun on top of her head in one smooth motion before continuing her journey. She walked to another aisle a few yards away and climbed the ladder to the very top shelf, moving the stack of books to reveal another book, a very large one entitled Criminals of Europe - Muggles and Magicals. That book and the other that she had just grabbed, Forensic Magic - The Art Of Crime Solving Spells would alert anybody to what she was doing, studying up on magic so that she could find out where her father went that night four years ago.

She climbed down the ladder gracefully while balancing the two books in one arm and made her way to her favorite table, at the back of the library in a nook between three shelves. It was cozy and quiet, a great combination for Rorie's current library-aholic phase, as she liked to say.

As she approached it, she heard two girls arguing. One was Anastasia Beckett, Rorie's sworn nemesis. They hated everything about each other, polar opposites. The other was Anastasia Brown, a girl who she had seen in the halls a couple times but never talked to.

The fight seemed to be about a chair, in which Beckett was being unbelievably petty and childish. There were three other chairs at the table ready to be sat on, and Rorie decided to take one. She plopped her books down on the table with a thud and slid onto the chair confidently. She felt extremely underdressed, wearing a Gryffindor sweatshirt and jeans, compared to the other girls in their uniforms. Rorie couldn't stand being formal for long, and would change out of her robes as soon as she had the chance.

"Anastasia Beckett, what a pleasure to see you here! I was on a streak of not seeing your face and it just needed to be broken," She sarcastically commented before turning to Anastasia Brown. "And you are also an Anastasia, I believe? Anastasia Brown? Yeah, I've seen you around before, and no, I'm not a stalker, I promise." She smiled at the girl.

"Anyways, since you love to enforce how rich and wealthy and perfect you are, Anastasia, why don't you just buy the chair out from under her with all your money? I'm quite sure you can afford that..." She said to Anastasia Beckett with fake kindness.

Anastasia raised an eyebrow at the girl's words. Obviously, Anastasia was a princess, she knew that. She knew that lesser people thought she was stuck up and spoiled and she frankly didn't care. It would be like a shrimp telling a mermaid that it didn't like the color of her tail - irrelevant and stupid. She snorted at the girl calling her stupid. Again, a ridiculous insult and this one was proven to be completely untrue. Anastasia had gotten nothing but O's in her time at Hogwarts so far, and she knew that one of her greatest assets was her mind. Whether it was a normal application to school work, or a more sinister use, like plotting to destroy someone's life, she knew that she was quite clever. Anastasia rolled her eyes at the girl bringing up her parents. True, nothing she did ever seemed to be quite enough for her parents, but they rather liked her outlook on things - her stuck up attitude and being rude to people she didn't like. They'd bloody taught her to be like that. "Are you done hurling ridiculous childish insults, or do you have more, thief?" Anastasia replied, her voice sounding bored and over this whole encounter. "I know the concept of having parents who actually care about how their child is brought up must be utterly foreign to you, seeing as you go around stealing things from first years, but mine are actually quite proud of me and my breeding."

She heard a newcomer walking towards them and sighed inwardly when she saw who it was. That's exactly what she needed right now -  an encounter with Rabbit... Couldn't the girl mind her own business? No, she couldn't, Anastasia supposed, since she was in fact literally from a dumpster.  

She ignored the street urchin and kept her eyes trained on the older girl. Anastasia knew that she probably wasn't going to get the seat back, but she had another motive for continuing the conversation. She was going to bring this girl down. She hadn't done that yet at Hogwarts, but she had done it quite a bit back home. She just needed to find a few more soft spots. Clearly, this girl cared about her parents quite a lot, but that wasn't enough. Anastasia just needed a bit more.