Library

Register
Sign in
  Back

A Furthered Conversation  PV Muriel Carroll 

Muriel nodded slowly, tentatively agreeing with Bella. Myrtle was in fact depressing, but that didn't mean she was an awful ghost... she was just kind of a mood-killer if you hung out with her for too long. But of course she would never say that to her face; she didn't even like to think bad things about a person. It's not her fault that she's so gloomy anyway... I would be too if I was killed by such a monstrous creature and had such an awful time at Hogwarts.

Muriel then followed Bella's gaze to a nearby window and was shocked to see that it was already dark. Time flies when you're having fun I suppose, she thought sadly before she heard Bella speak again. What the girl said next truly surprised her. She wants to visit Myrtle? ...Even after everything I said about her? She thought totally baffled. Muriel looked at Bella with a conflicted face; she didn't want to ruin the grin plastered on the Gryffindor girl's face, but yet her head was raising many red flags, screaming against it.

"Umm... well... I'm not so sure..." She began uncertainly as she stared back down at the table and began twiddling her thumbs. "We could get in trouble if we're caught... and I really don't want that to happen... maybe we could visit her another time...?" She finished with a higher pitched voice, hoping to not upset Bella. Maybe there was something else they could do before they'd have to head back to their dorms... 

Stamina: 8; Agility: 8; Strength: 5; Control: 9

Bella could tell that Muriel wasn't too keen on the idea before she had even spoken the words. When Bella gave it some thought, however, she realized that perhaps it was a rather silly idea after all. She wasn't necessarily worried about getting into trouble but that didn't mean she particularly wanted to either. Bella accepted with a small sigh that it was getting far too late for them to do anything now.

"Maybe we should head back to our dorms, then we can do something else tomorrow after lessons have finished," Bella didn't want to sound like she didn't want to continue their conversation because she really did but now that she was paying attention to it, she found that she was actually rather tired as well.

"Maybe we could head down to the lake or something. I heard a rumor that somebody had spotted a merperson down there a few nights ago!" That sounded like it would be a pretty cool adventure too, and one that wouldn't get them into trouble.

Bella had picked up her books again off of the table as she waited to see if Muriel would agree to her offer to continue their conversation again tomorrow. She hoped that Muriel wouldn't think that she was trying to get rid of her but she also hoped that she wouldn't reject Bella.

Z. Bella Chastain - Always ~ Severus Snape

Muriel nodded once more, relieved that Bella wouldn’t pressure her any further with the idea. Even better was that she didn’t really seem that mad about it either. The truth was that Muriel’s head spoke to her more strongly than her heart, so even if something looked really appealing, her mind would shut the option down if had too much risk or a catch. Though that always wouldn’t be the case, especially if her head itself was also in the clouds.

As Bella began packing up her stuff, Muriel did as well, not expecting the stiffness in her arms or the drag in her feet once she stood up. She was also pretty tired; today had been a long day for her with all the exploring and classes. Going back to her dorm also began to sound like a better idea than before. Ya... get a good’s night rest at my dorm, go to classes, and then talk again.

Bella’s offer to go down to the lake next time shocked Muriel out of her grogginess for a brief moment. “A merperson...?” She repeated in wonder, vaguely remembering her mother mentioning them. “Sure! I’d love to go there! I haven’t had time to see what’s over there yet, but I hope the rumor you heard is true! Plus, I’ve heard that there’s a giant squid that lives in the lake... maybe we could spot it too!” She rambled excitedly. Not only that, but the lake visit could also give her a chance to see some of the plants she’d learned about in her first Herbology lesson.

“But ya, I really like talking to you... you’re the first stranger that didn’t seem so scary to me. And now that you’re my friend, I’m sure there’s still a ton of things I still want to ask you about... but my brain is mush right now. See you... later tomorrow then?” Muriel asked just to clarify before letting out a tired yawn.

The thought of exploring the lake and seeing the Giant Squid and Merpeople for themselves gave Bella the energy she needed to do a little excited clap with another huge grin forming on her face. It dawned on her that she hadn't been this happy since she had started here at Hogwarts. Maybe this friendship could lead to others. Maybe Bella could even tell her the whole story about her parents one day.

Her smile only dimming slightly at the thought of her parents, Bella picked up her last book off the table and answered Muriel's question.
"Sure! I'll meet you down by the lake then. I have a little homework that I physically couldn't put off any longer if I wanted to but I should be down straight after that," Bella began walking towards the library door, when they got outside she turned back to Muriel. The hall was quiet and dimly lit, and a particularly grumpy looking photograph was glaring at them, presumably for making so much noise.

"It's been nice talking to you too! I still can't get over how strange it is, how we met. Gosh it can't have been longer than a couple of hours ago! Who would have ever guessed that opening a door onto someone's face could get you a best friend?" Bella was almost squealing with excitement at the thought!

Z. Bella Chastain - Always ~ Severus Snape

“I know right!? It's a very unconventional way to make friends! And I can’t believe it’s only been a few hours; it feels like I’ve known you for a lot longer than that!” Muriel answered back as she followed her friend out of the library and up the next flight of stairs. Bella’s energy and talking was helping her stay awake as well as they headed to their respected dorms, though every once in a while she would start to feel her eyelids droop. Muriel wasn’t much of a night owl, the exact opposite actually, and staying up too late could easily cause her body’s inner clock to get scrambled.

“I really can’t wait to talk to you again, and see what the grounds are like as well! But right now I really need some shut-eye...” She said as she gave another yawn and reached the seventh floor. She looked around the hallway tiredly before spotting the smaller staircase that led up to her tower. “...I’m going to go now, but I’ll definitely be right back down at the grounds tomorrow... good luck on your homework!” Muriel ended a bit abruptly, not wanting Bella to really see how exhausted she was as she sluggishly made her way up the stairs.

Back