Library

Register
Sign in

A Place to Hide  Closed 

This is so embarrassing. How could I have managed to get myself sorted into Gryffendor? I don't know the first thing about being a Gryffendor. Darci flew into the Library b-lining it for the History section. She needed information about her house. Growing up around Slytherins she knew nothing about being a Gryffendor, or about who hailed from her house. Looking up at the books she knew she would be there for quite some time. "This is going to be great." She sighed, looking through the titles of the books finding a few that seemed interesting, history on the school, history about her house, and a few books about the Wizarding wars.  Taking the books to a desk, hidden from view, she began to read, going straight for the book about the war.

An hour or two passed and she could feel herself falling asleep while reading, until she stumbled upon something frightening. It was about her family and their part in the war. Gasping, she stood up suddenly, backing away from the book, shocked at what she had just read. "N-no, it can't be. She was so kind, so gentle. How could she have possible been apart of this kind of destruction? It's just not possible." Snatching up the book, she took off towards the entrance, tears streaming down her face, she needed answers. She needed to know the truth. Not entirely sure where she was going, she ran into someone who was looking for a few books. Knocking them both to the ground, the book that Darci was carrying opened up to the page that she had stumbled upon. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going." Her voice was soft as she was trying to control her sobs as a few hiccups escaped her lips. She needed to get out of there and find answers, but she was also quite concerned about you student that she had just ran into.

Don’t be afraid to make some Magic.
Darci M. Whitman

A Place to Hide  Closed 

Nova went to the library for answers. Now that she knew her father's family name, Polaris, she wanted to find out if there were any others. Were they all Slytherins? Are any still alive? Also, she was getting tired of all the tiny first-year boys darting away when they saw her. At first she thought it was because she's much taller for her age, so she practically towers over them, but then she realized that it's mostly because of her robes. Her Slytherin robes. Her emerald green and silver herald marking her apparently as... a threat? She wasn't sure what being in Slytherin had to do with it, so she wanted answers.

"The library," Nova said under her breath, marching right in past Master Quarren, the librarian, down a row of bookshelves that seemed old and large enough to contain what she needed. Nova, thinking of all the answers that she would find, and how long she had been wanting these hopefully simple answers, was too focused and excited walking to a few books when she ran into another student walking in the opposite direction. Both girls fell down on their backs completely, a book tumbling out of the other girl's arm.
"Oh my god, I'm so sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going." Her voice was soft as she was trying to control her sobs as a few hiccups escaped her lips.
Nova looked up at the girl pitifully. Oh my, oh why is she crying? Did I do it? Did I hurt her? This, unfortunately, wasn't even the first time in her short, short time at Hogwarts that she's managed to run into someone to the point of tears. What's wrong with me?

"No, no, it was my fault, I'm literally so, so sorry. I didn't see you, are you okay? Are you hurt?" Nova asked, getting up and offering a hand to the other girl on the ground. Nova then looked at the book on the ground. The Wizarding Wars. There's got to be something about my father and his past family in that. Right? I mean, his first wife and son died in the war... that has to be listed... right?

A Place to Hide  Closed 

No, no, it was my fault, I’m litterally so, so sorry. I didn’t see you, are you okay? Are you hurt?” Darcy quickly whipped away her tears, starring at the hand in front of her for a brief second befor she took ahold of it, allowing the owner to help her stand back up. Dusting off her red and gold robes she shook her head. “No, I’m alright. Just got some bad news is all. Nothing to worry about.”  Darci looked at the young girl standing before her. She was adorned in green and silver. Mentally a smile creeped onto her face. She knew those colors anywhere. A slytherin. What I wanted to be. Snakes run in the family, not lions. But I can’t change what’s been done. “I’m Darci, Darci Whitman. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” A small smile played across her face as she snatched up the book on the Wizardug wars. She was quite excited to see a Slythering. The young lady standing before her was the first one that she’s run into, besides her brother. She was curious as to what the girl wasn’t surprised that Darci wasn’t afraid of her. Darci’s curiosity sparked the hound lady’s own curiosity in Darci.

Don’t be afraid to make some Magic.
Darci M. Whitman

A Place to Hide  Closed 

“No, I’m alright. Just got some bad news is all. Nothing to worry about.”
Nova tilted her head. Bad news? From what? The book? Nova stared down at the book, wondering what horrible news was listed in the book that could surprise the girl in front of her.

The girl looked her up and down and smiled. Why's she smiling? Nova wondered. She looked to be a Gryffindor, which as far as Nova knew, was not the friendliest towards Slytherins. I mean, she's not scared, so that's a start, Nova told herself. She smiled back.

"Oh, okay, I'm sorry. What was the news about?" Nova carefully asked, knowing she was probably toeing a line of decency but was curious to know, just in case it related to her own search for her family's history. Though, from what she knew about the Second Wizarding War, and what she so far knew of Slytherin bloodlines, her family could very well be involved in whatever the girl is crying about. The Sorting Hat called your blood "severe." Still don't know what that means. But sounds bad. Sounds evil. But just, how evil are they? Either way, she wanted to look at the book the girl was holding on her own eventually.

"And I'm Nova. Nova Hamidi," she introduced herself to the other girl.