Library

Register
Sign in
  Back

Totally Studying  Closed 

“I have a question for you, before we advance in a conversation. What is your view on blood status? You don’t have to answer it.” Amaya asked. Well that was direct. I've seen Slytherin Mudbloods and they're worse than the rest. For the first time in his life, Josh didn't know how to answer that question. In fact, the fact that a Hufflepuff was there made it even more difficult. At least a Slytherin would understand, but it's really hard after all that he went through.

Before he could answer, Amaya continued on. “I’m sorry for assuming I couldn’t trust you.”

"It's alright," Josh answered. "After all, everyone seems to hate me because I'm a Slytherin."

Josh paused for a moment and sighed. "It's just I've been through a lot today and I'm really stressed out. If it's alright with you, I'll tell you later. Please don't assume anything."

Josh sat back down in his seat. Wow, there I go again. Me being polite. Blimey, there's something wrong with me. Perhaps this girl might be nice. At least she apologised. However, Josh still didn't trust that Hufflepuff girl somewhat. He felt a strange vibe from her. Although she's nice, he still didn't like the feeling that was in the air. A feeling that she could possibly be his undoing.

Totally Studying  Closed 

Daphne had gone into a tiny trance, somewhere between zoning out and paying attention. As soon as she snapped out of it, she flushed, embarrassed. "I'm so sorry. I'm a little... zoney right now." She shook her head a little, and reread the conversation, the notes she took in her head helping a lot this time. She turned to Amyah and smiled. "Of course I'll be your friend, and I would love to work with you for something!" She then turned to the boy and gave him a smile. "And the chocolate frog was nothing. You looked sad. You needed something to help." For a second she looked uncomfortable. This was not her forte. She would rather be reading in the Hufflepuff dorm rooms but persevered anyway. "Call me Daph." Still not wanting to trust either of them fully, her mind not letting her. "And I don't hate you because you're a Slytherin. That doesn't make any sense." She shook her head. "Slytherins are not evil just like Ravenclaws are not always smart alecks, and Gryffindors are not always brave heroes." Her grandfather had told her that. He let her know that people would not like her because she came from muggles, and warned her about the houses. The way the world worked. She disliked that part of Hogwarts greatly.

Even If You Loose Hope, There Will Be Someone Hoping For You
-Daphne Black

Totally Studying  Closed 

Amaya smiled slightly at Daph’s words, before she glanced down at her book.

She hated feeling so guilty, yet still couldn’t quite get rid of that instinct not to trust him.

But she pushed it away anyway, doing her best to try and almost forget it.

Her gaze stayed on the book, as she pondered what to say now.

Something not too direct, as that was Gryffindorish, and she shivered at the thought that she’d already said something like that, but something that was... More simple.

“Anyways, what is your name?”, She inquired, directing the question to the Slytherin, looking back up.

And Amaya decided that she wouldn’t be too wary around them. After all, they both seemed more polite then her...

And that was probably what didn’t make her a Slytherin. In all honesty, she didn’t quite get how she’d made it to the house. After all, Slytherin was full of subtlety, sharp tongues, and- well, cunning! She thought that their cunning was pretty much good for every situation. For her, she thought she was pretty much a opposite of Slytherin — except for the ambitious part, but that was a small thing — but not yet Gryffindor or Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw. She didn’t quite understand, but was glad, nonetheless, as she hadn’t gotten any owls at all from her parents — all owls from her parents would be terrible — so she supposed she’d done something right. She sighed softly, and drew her attention back to the conversation.

Amaya Elizabeth Bourne

Totally Studying  Closed 

“Anyways, what is your name?” She inquired. Josh extended his hand out to her.

"I'm Josh, Josh Altman." Josh answered.

It was nice to know that some people were not as judgmental. Although, there was that natural urge to hate on Slytherin House. As long as they hear his story, maybe they'll understand him better. The problem is that it's too dangerous to recite his story for there are Mudbloods lurking about the school. Since his Slytherin counterparts as well as himself all hate Muggles and Mudbloods, they typically keep to themselves and make friends within the same viewpoint, but after discovering that the majority of the school don't believe in blood purity, it made things just as hard to make friends. Then comes another problem, he can't change his views because that's how he grew up. Troubled, at what his next move will be, Josh decided to keep talking and see where it will lead him.

"It's sad to see how most people from our house hate Muggles and Muggle-Borns for no apparent reason," Josh stated. "It's like their ignorant about the Muggle world and what it's really like out there, nor do they care."

At least that was true in Josh's case. He has experienced the Muggle world firsthand due to his family's obsession with Muggles. That was the main reason why he hated them and also because how primitive and useless they were. Of course most typical Slytherins were taught that way but to truly experience it developed a whole new level of hatred against them than the normal Slytherin.

Totally Studying  Closed 

As soon as Daphne heard what Joshua had said, she immediately relaxed. She stared at her hand, wanting to say something. She looked like she was contemplating whether to say it at all, but her curiosity for how they would react got the better of her.
"I don't like very many muggles." She said, choosing her words carefully. She still had no idea how they would react to her being Muggle-born. "They were never really nice to me when I was in their schools, but it's something my great-grandfather would say. 'Be kind, for everyone you know and meet is fighting a hard battle.'" She smiled as she finished the saying. Her grandfather said that to her everytime she would leave to go home. She knew that that saying wasn't originally by her grandfather, but she enjoyed saying it. And it was mainly true. No one at her schools liked her. They thought she was too weird to hang out with them, so she would read during lunch and recess. The only time people would talk to her is if they needed something from her, help with a project or homework. They knew she couldn't just stand by and watch someone suffer. She looked over to her stack of books again. And gave a tiny genuine smile.

-Daphne Black

Totally Studying  Closed 

Amaya shook his hand. "Nice to meet you."

Then she slightly smiled at Daph. "I like that."

Then she reddened, redder then a tomato. "I mean, I don't like that you weren't well-liked at your old school but, I like what your grandfather said. It's nice."

Oh god, Amaya thought, I'm so stupid.

"Anyways, I know what you mean. I find that the ones who hate on those without 'pure blood' often have the nastiest personalities. It's... not exactly the best. So again, I apologize for assuming things without knowing," Amaya murmured.

She glanced down at her book. "Do you guys want to study together? Since I'm assuming this is what we all came here for, or reading."

Amaya looked back up at them, waiting to see if they'd accept her offer.

She hoped they would, because she hand't been able to study much yet, and had not yet attended many of the classes.

And she really, really wanted to be at the top of her classes, hopefully even gaining some respect. After all, she wasn't quite well-known. and now, only about three people that she assumed were in her year knew her, or rather, had met her.

So glancing back up at them, she waited eagerly for their reply.

Amaya Elizabeth Bourne

Totally Studying  Closed 

"Thanks." Daphne giggled cutely. "And of course I would love to study with you if you don't mind me reading a little bit too." She gestured to the large stack of books she brought along. Most of them were muggle books of romance and comedy, the occasional fantasy book. Only one of the books in the stack was a school book. Daphne blushed a little. "My fathers gave me these before I left." She explained. "They... they're special to me." Most of the books looked like they had been read over a hundred times. Daphne had read and re-read them when she was at her mother's house. She hated being around her mother, and reading gave her an escape. She was pretty sure that she had memorized most of the books, but she couldn't help it. As soon as she got sucked in, it was as if she was reading it again for the first time. Daphne took out a pencil and flipped to a page in her notebook. She started to sketch, not fully realizing that she was doing it. She moved most of the books into her bag but kept out two. The school book, the least read one of the stacks, and one of the most read books of the stack.

-Daphne Black

Totally Studying  Closed 

Amaya hummed. "That's okay. I'm just going to find a couple more books and then I'll be right back, alright?"

Amaya glanced at Daph's sketch for a second, before looking away and beginning to get up. Taking her book on Potions off her notes on people, she grabbed it and folding it, tucked it into her book, using that as a bookmark.

Then she paused. "Since I don't really know what you guys want to study about, so I'll just try and find a variety of books from every topic. Sorry to disturb your reading..."

Getting up to leave, Amaya couldn't help but worry about her notes, so precious to her, because they were hers. So utterly protective, over a piece of parchment, filled with some neat ink. At least, what she considered to be neat. Didn't know about others. Amaya held back a snort. She supposed she was being pretty ridiculous. After pondering it some more, she grabbed the book, leaving behind the notes she'd taken on the book.

Beginning to walk, she drifted to the nonfiction section, and disappeared there for a moment, searching through books, flipping them open and reading small pages before grabbing them or placing them back.
Last edited by Amaya Bourne on 15th July 2018, 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amaya Elizabeth Bourne

Totally Studying  Closed 

"Anyways, I know what you mean. I find that the ones who hate on those without 'pure blood' often have the nastiest personalities. It's... not exactly the best. So again, I apologize for assuming things without knowing," Amaya murmured. Oh great! Another one! Now she's gonna hate me once she finds out who I am. Josh couldn't help but feel alone at that point. He was lying to himself and to those girls or maybe they were half-truths. Who knows?

"Do you guys want to study together? Since I'm assuming this is what we all came here for, or reading." Amaya asked the both of us. Josh didn't even think twice. He didn't wanna leave the library and be involved in another fight.

Yeah, sure," Josh answered as he made his way back to their table. He knew he had to let it all out sooner or later so he decided right now.

"At least I have a reason to hate Muggles," Josh started. "Unlike other Slytherins, I had the displeasure of experiencing the Muggle world firsthand and they're so useless! They have a primitive lifestyle and primitive inventions! They could never comprehend magic. Then we have the Muggle-Borns. I'm sure you hear Slytherins use the term 'Mudblood.' That's exactly what they are! They don't deserve to learn magic. In fact, there shouldn't be any Mudbloods in the first place! Of course it's not their fault if someone's a Mudblood, but it's all thanks to those fools who think marrying off those animals called Muggles are a good thing. Now we have a taint in the wizarding world thanks to them! I know I offended the both of you just like I offended most everyone else, but that's just how I feel and I can't help it!"

It's over! It's finally out. Now I can relax and not have to fake myself. However, he hated the fact that a simple feeling like that could make or break a friendship. It's just not fair. Hopefully, that wouldn't be the case for these two.

Totally Studying  Closed 

Amaya returned, just in time to hear Josh's explanation. "At least I have a reason to hate Muggles. Unlike other Slytherins, I had the displeasure of experiencing the Muggle world firsthand and they're so useless! They have a primitive lifestyle and primitive inventions! They could never comprehend magic. Then we have the Muggle-Borns. I'm sure you hear Slytherins use the term 'Mudblood.' That's exactly what they are! They don't deserve to learn magic. In fact, there shouldn't be any Mudbloods in the first place! Of course it's not their fault if someone's a Mudblood, but it's all thanks to those fools who think marrying off those animals called Muggles are a good thing. Now we have a taint in the wizarding world thanks to them! I know I offended the both of you just like I offended most everyone else, but that's just how I feel and I can't help it!"

Amaya paused, staring at him for a long time. Finally, she spoke.

"At least you told us... I mean, if you didn't tell us now, then if we were, or are..., " Amaya paused. "Friends, then it would have been a lie."

Amaya sighed. "I suppose it's at least better that you've met muggles, but I, personally, think that they must have done something right to be able to survive this long. And... Well... Okay."

And for one of the first times in her life, Amaya didn't quite know what to say. She'd grew up hearing these things, by now, she just didn't know. She didn't care about blood, but a lot of people seemed to. She supposed that she was glad that she was born a pureblood, and not a muggle-born or half-blood. This way, she was protected, in a sort of way, from the opinions of others.

Amaya Elizabeth Bourne

Totally Studying  Closed 

Of course.
Of course, he turned out to be one of those wizards.
Daphne wanted to cry. She wanted to run away, and hide in the bathrooms with Moaning Myrtle, but that would let them know. She had lied, and now she had to deal with her lies. Putting on a brave face, she remembered what her grandfather had said to her before she boarded the train to Hogwarts.
"Three things, little one. Number one, do not judge anyone by their houses. Number two, you are going to be fine. There will be people there who you will make friends with, and will be happy talking too. Number three, do not tell anyone your full name and don't tell anyone that you are Muggle-born. It will just make things more complicated. Now she was at a crossroads. Would she tell them and lose a maybe friend, or would she play along? Taking a deep breath, she closed her notebook and put it in her bag.
"I understand. It's fine if that is how you see it." She tried to make it look like she really was fine with it, that she welcomed opinions like any other Hufflepuff, with open arms.

-Daphne Black

Totally Studying  Closed 

Amaya watched Daph for awhile, before sighing. "Mkay then... So I guess... That means we're both okay with it, then?"

While Amaya didn't care about blood, that didn't mean she was going to push someone who did away. So maybe he didn't have the same opinion. Okay.

But Daph? She was fine with it?

Amaya sighed. "So, well, I think that while we might be okay with it, well, please don't mention it too much to us. Or at least, me. I don't know about you, Daph."

Amaya looked down at the stack of books she was holding. "So I'm assuming you'd want me to take away the books on Muggle Studies?"

This is awkward...

Amaya looked over to Daph. "You're really fine with it?"

She didn't know what went on in the minds of 'Puffs. Did they generally care about blood status?

Now she was confused.

Then Amaya had to keep back a smile, imagining a Hufflepuff as a Death Eater. While it shouldn't have been funny, well... She couldn't imagine someone like Daph becoming a Death Eater.

Stop. You need to be more aware of them.

"Well, um, so what subject do you guys want to study first? Or, not study at all...?", Amaya weakly attempted to break any awkwardness.
Last edited by Amaya Bourne on 15th July 2018, 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amaya Elizabeth Bourne

Totally Studying  Closed 

Daphne decided to start her experiment now. She looked at the other two in the eyes, and (without using any magic) tried to understand how the other two felt about her. She could tell that Amyah thought that she was a typical Hufflepuff, one that's friendly and doesn't have a care in the world. Josh was still a little suspicious of her. She silently took note of that and proceded with the conversation.
"Of course I'm all right with that. It's an opinion, and if everytime someone had an opinion about-" she was about to say me, but stopped herself just in time, only letting a little bit of the m slip out. "An opinion about people, then I would spend most of my life being offended, and not enough time helping." She smiled at the two of them again, but this time her sad and hurt side of herself came through a little, making it a sad smile. "And I am with Amyah, I'll be fine with it, but it's not the biggest deal. We don't really have to talk about it." Her mind had red alerts on high. She really needed to get off this topic of blood. It was going to drive her insane not telling them.

-Daphne Black

Totally Studying  Closed 

Daphne decided to start her experiment now. She looked at the other two in the eyes, and (without using any magic) tried to understand how the other two felt about her. She could tell that Amyah thought that she was a typical Hufflepuff, one that's friendly and doesn't have a care in the world. Josh was still a little suspicious of her. She silently took note of that and proceded with the conversation.
"Of course I'm all right with that. It's an opinion, and if everytime someone had an opinion about-" she was about to say me, but stopped herself just in time, only letting a little bit of the m slip out. "An opinion about people, then I would spend most of my life being offended, and not enough time helping." She smiled at the two of them again, but this time her sad and hurt side of herself came through a little, making it a sad smile. "And I am with Amyah, I'll be fine with it, but it's not the biggest deal. We don't really have to talk about it." Her mind had red alerts on high. She really needed to get off this topic of blood. It was going to drive her insane not telling them.

-Daphne Black

Totally Studying  Closed 

Amaya pursed her lips, noticing Daph's slip, but choosing not to comment. "Mmmm, okay then."

Amaya said nothing else, instead, just looking down at the books she'd retrieved, silently sorting them into piles, per topic. Mainly, she was just waiting for Josh to comment.

She didn't know how he'd react.

She wasn't sure if she cared or not, seeing as she didn't really know him, or Daph, but- well, at least she'll hopefully get to know them.

And, secretly, Amaya made sure the Potions books were the closest to her.

And hoped that no one noticed that the books on her favorite subject were kinda more numerous then the others.

Oh, who was she kidding, of course they'd notice!

Focus, Amaya, focus. They are talking about serious things, like blood status.

Amaya silently sighed.

Once again, she was acting like a little child.

Yes, she was 11, but it certainly didn't feel that way. She'd been on the planet for eleven long, long years.

That was hard enough.

What would happen when they were older?

When they had to think about more serious things?

AMAYA FOCUS.

Yes. Focus. Amaya breathed in and out, slowly, but realized she had nothing to say.

So she stayed silent.

Amaya Elizabeth Bourne
  Back