Library

Register
Sign in

The Letter

A book propped open on the desk in front of her, Bella was taking notes on a peace of parchment when two people came up behind her. She turned around to see her brother Orion and his friend Jett standing behind her, Orion holding a package in his hand.
"Here you go sis, it's from Felix" Orion told her as he handed the package to her, him and Jett turning to leave.
"Thanks," She called after him, receiving a wave of farewell in return.
On top of the package, tied down with string, was a letter. She pulled off the letter and set it aside to then begin ripping open the package. It was a rather used book. Turning it over she saw the title; 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them'. She was confused for a moment, having already bought all of her school books. Sitting back in her chair she now pulled the letter over, carefully peeled open the envelope and pulled the letter out.

Bella,
I have just arrived in Benidorm. There had been news of a few baby dragons being spotted here and, of course, I offered to go. How could you pass up on dragons? Anyway; I had been going through my bag and I came across a few of my old school books. I must have packed them in here a few years ago thinking I might need them. I've sent you my old copy of 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to find them' It's got some of my notes and a few pictures from my earlier expeditions too.

Hopefully it will keep you thinking of me at the very least.
Lot's of love
Your favourite big brother (just don't tell the others)

Felix

Bella re-folded the letter and placed it on the table, opening the old book. She picked up the cluster of pictures from under the first page and began flicking through them. The first was a picture of Felix holding a dragon egg, his blonde hair being dishevelled by the harsh wind. The next few pictures were of a similar standard until Bella came across one that she remembered well. It was taken 4 years ago of Bella and all of her siblings stood next to this enormous hippogriff named Hex. She had even been able to ride it that day. It was one of her favourite memories.

While she was lost in her nostalgic memory, she didn't notice the person struggling with around 5 huge books behind her. Until they tripped over her chair leg landing with a thump next to her.
Last edited by Anatole Evans on 8th July 2018, 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Changed Topic Type to RPG!

Z. Bella Chastain - Always ~ Severus Snape

The Letter

~OOC~

May I join in on this? :happy:

Ven Alice

The Letter

Reducio
Sure, anyone can join :)

The Letter

Reducio
~OOC~
Merci ^^

This was probably one place Ven would spend most his time in if he wasn't in class or visiting the magical beasts here in Hogwarts. Ah, the library. One of the places he wanted to be in most when he was younger, but alas, he was always unable to do so. For his siblings always had to look after him and bring him where ever they went. Which, was not a library. Ever.

But back on track. Yes, the raven had all his books for all his classes already. And yes, he had already taken a quick glance through all of them. But that wasn't gonna stop him from getting around.. let's say.. four or five more just for the fun of it? But he had to make a promise to himself. He would only dive deep into reading any of these when he had absolutely nothing to do and no one to talk to. Which would probably be hard, since there was already so much to do here at this magical school and it was just his first year. So perhaps, he would simply save the books for a rainy day, as the saying goes.

In his arms he held four books. 'Animal Ghosts Of Britain', 'Jinxes For The Jinxed', 'Dragon Species Of Great Britain And Ireland' and 'The One That Let It Snow.' The titles themselves had caught the boy's eye, now he just needed to go sit down and skim through them to see if he'd actually take the time to read through all of them. A huff escaped him, his curly black bangs hanging in front of his blue eyes as he scanned around the tables in the middle of the enormous room. All of them somewhat having filled seats, causing a tiny frown to pull at the corners of his lips. Wasn't there one table completely empty?... He guessed not. His eyes began to wander elsewhere, seeing as there were other tables near the windows he could possibly sit at.

At last! Ven's hues rested on a rather small, but empty table near the windows. Perfect for the boy. As he began to walk towards it, another book had caught his eye. Not that he really needed to carry another one, as he could barely see over the mountain in his arms as it is. But of course, he couldn't help himself. Very carefully he set the book on the very top and rested his chin on top of it to help keep it steady. But now he couldn't see his feet or anything below him. Well... as long as he didn't trip he'd be-..

THUMP!

"O-owch.."

Ven Alice

The Letter

The library was, as is pretty standard for most libraries, almost completely silent, aside from the low murmuring of some of the students studying together. As such, the noise of the person and all of their books hitting the floor made Bella jump, a small, and very embarrassing, shriek escaping her. She looked down at the boy, seeing that he was a Hufflepuff and surely not much older than herself. Realising that she was still planted firmly in her chair, watching, rather than actually helping the boy Bella jumped up and leant down, helping him to gather some of his books.

"A-Are you okay?" Bella asked, a little timid. She hadn't seen what had happened, having been lost in her own thoughts, she just hoped that it wasn't her fault. In an attempt to make friends, tripping someone over and potentially injuring them probably wasn't going to achieve the desired outcome.
"Did you hit your head or anything? Are you bleeding? you might need to go to the hospital wing," As Bella rambled on, her hand came up and scratched at her forehead lightly, a nervous tick she had developed in her very early childhood. Bella was genuinely concerned that she had hurt the boy and just hoped that she wouldn't get in trouble.

The Letter

Well... That hurt. Rather a lot. His face was still resting against the floor, a small groan escaping him as he feared what was yet to come if he lifted his head. He would hate to see all those pairs of eyes on him, silently glaring at him for making such noise in such a strictly silent place. Here goes nothing... Ven pulled himself onto his knees, head still angled down as he still wasn't mentally prepared to be glared at. But something made him look up, even when he didn't want to. A voice calling to him, questioning if he was injured or not.

Ven soon found a girl sitting in front of him, a worried look stitched into her features as she questioned him further. He blinked a few times, before mentally having to slap himself to answer her."Oh.. Oh yes I'm ok! I uh.. my face kinda hurts, but that's all really..."He replied, a red mark appearing upon his left cheek as he spoke, a shy smile pulling back on his lips. "I apologize if I disturbed your reading, I should watch where I'm going..."He added on with a faint chuckle, reaching forward to start collecting his fallen books.

Ven Alice

The Letter

Bella handed the two books she had already picked up to the boy and helped him more to his feet. Bella noticed the almost blank expression he had given her before answering her question but decided not to comment on it, she knew what it was like to feel awkward around new people after all.
"Sorry if I disturbed your reading," The boy had said to her.
"Oh, I wasn't reading anymore it's okay," Bella still had a rather concerned look on her features. The boy had said he was fine but the red mark appearing on his face was suggesting otherwise.

Before properly thinking about what she was doing, Bella lightly put her hand on the boys face, turning his head to have a clearer look at the mark. She lightly swiped her thumb across it.
"Hmmm. It's probably going to bruise. Are you sure you don't want to get it seen to? I'm sure there will be something in the hospital wing that could stop you walking around with a massive bruise on your face for a week," Bella chuckled a little and then realised that she was still holding the boys face. She dropped her hand to her side very quickly and looked at the ground, mumbling out an awkward apology.
"I'm Bella,"