Library

Register
Sign in
  Back

A million new things to peruse.  open 

It was only yesterday that Aurelia had dropped her history of magic textbook into a puddle. She was rushing to herbology class in the large green house on the grounds when tripped over a rock ing the middle of nowhere. All her textbooks sprawled onto the dirt, the history of magic textbook, however, wasn't so lucky and landed in a small pool of mud and water. She had left the book in the common room for the day, but when she returned to check on it during lunch, the pages were still damp and was likely to tear with only a small pull.

History of Magic lesson was two periods away. She only knew one place where she could get a spare copy. The library. Aurelia scurried up to the fourth floor and immediately began scavenging for the book. It had only been five minutes when she found it high up a shelf. It took quite some effort before she managed to hook her finger on one of it's pages and pull it towards her. The heavy book had almost fell right on her face but thankfully onto the floor with a loud this instead.

She began walking towards the librarians desk in order to check it out. But as she did, she saw someone familiar. Strawberry blonde hair and green eyes, staring at something in his hand. It was Charlie. Aurlia approached him and tapped him slightly on his shoulder. She had previously done her research on why his last name sounded so familiar, her investigation skills had proven to be better than what she had expected, maybe it was due to a full year as a Gryffindor writer for the papers. She could sniff and article from miles away.

"Charlie, I couldn't find you yesterday at he common room but I've got some good news... I may or may not have found out who your ancestors are. " She spoken with haste. She was quite eager to share it with him, from what she knew from their first meeting, he was adopted and the famous Woodward bloodline could be his. If she predicted correctly, Charlie was the heir to the line.

Then her gaze fell on to the next object he had in his hand. A watch, a rather old one, the sides were reddish brown with rust and clearly much older than the cartier one she had one her wrist. What was he doing with a stopatch? Then She realised another person was sted beside him, a dark haired girl with a pair of glasses framing her face. Her hieght had hidden her from the brunette's view. Crap. Had she inturupted what ever they had going on?

"Oh, I didn't notice you were there. Well, you two seem to be having a moment... I could always... Um... Come back another time if..." Aurelia stuttered, feeling slightly awkward she had suddenly became a third wheeler.
Reducio
Isaw this thread open, I thought I might hop in. Owl me if you want this post to be deleted.

Charlie, placing the watch down on the table to examine it, as it was now ticking, felt a sensation on his shoulder. He whipped his head around to see Aurelia, clasping onto a large textbook about magic history. He was surprised to see her here but smiled as he turned to face both her and Xailah.
"Charlie, I couldn't find you yesterday in the common room but I've got some good news... I may or may not have found out who your ancestors are. "
She spoke with haste, and he felt a twinge of excitement bubble up. Before he could say anything though he glanced over at Xailah. He couldn't just walk away from her either, since they were still technically talking about the watch- and potentially their hippogriff adventure.
"Oh, I didn't notice you were there. Well, you two seem to be having a moment... I could always... Um... Come back another time if..."
She looked almost upset as she sputtered out her sentence. "Nonsense Aurelia, here, sit down if you've got the time to." He pushed the third seat that had been resting between him and Xailah out with his foot. "We were just talking about hairspray and hippogriffs! Then I ended up fixing this watch she found." He laughed. He looked over to Xailah to catch her expression as they spoke, did Aurelia know her? "This is Xailah, by the way" He pointed to her, "-and Xailah, this is Aurelia. She's a... Friend." He hesitated slightly as he said friend. She did kidnap him earlier, so their relationship was a bit.. odd. -Anyways. You mentioned that news. I'd love to hear it, if you both don't mind!" He rested his cheek in his hand and smiled.

I bid you adieu, until we meet again of course!
STA - 4 // AGL - 5 // SRT - 1 // CTL - 6 // ARC - 9 // ACC - 5

Xailah leaned over the table trying to see what Charlie did to fix the watch. Was the fix really that simple? She reached over, grabbing the watch by its rusting chain. She put it to her ear. Tick-tock-tick-tock. The sound was strangely calming.

Xailah directed her attention away from the clock, and to a girl. She came right up to the table Xailah and Charlie were sitting at. She looked like she was eager to talk to someone. And that someone was Charlie. The blue-eyed haired girl didn't see Xailah at first, it was that moment Xailah was deciding to get up and leave- that was until the girl spoke.
"Charlie, I couldn't find you yesterday at he common room but I've got some good news... I may or may not have found out who your ancestors are. "
Oh? Now this was interesting. Xailah decided that she would stay for a bit longer. Since the blue-eyed girl, hadn't noticed her right away, she thought that maybe she could stay that way for a little while, so she could collect random bits of information. Of course that didn't happen.
"Oh, I didn't notice you were there. Well, you two seem to be having a moment... I could always... Um... Come back another time if..."
Xailah gave the girl a nod of acknowledgement while, listening to Charlie greet the girl.
-Anyways. You mentioned that news. I'd love to hear it, if you both don't mind!"
"I don't mind." as she said this, Xailah realized that she had seen Aurelia before. But where? She narrowed her eyes at the other girl, in a attempt to remember exactly where she had seen her. Was it on the train ride to Hogwarts? No. There was a sudden inkling of a memory- it was like the faint flicker of dying lightbulb.

Xailah nearly slammed the clock that was in her hand down."Pardon me, but did you play in Rictusempra Tag, Aurelia?" She was sure that was where she had seen the blue-eyed girl.

Before me, you rightly tremble. But, fear is not what you owe me. You owe me awe....
Stamina: 10 ~ Agility: 10 ~ Strength: 5~ Control: 10

Aurelia didn't really want to leave without sharing the information she found with the boy. She was really busy being a Gryffindor writer and the club manager of Hogwart's only drama club. She also had tons of homework and assignments every week that she probably wouldn't find another time to speak with Charlie about this besides in the common room. However, it was polite for her to leave if he and the girl wanted to be alone.
Nonsense Aurelia, here, sit down if you've got the time to. We were just talking about hairspray and hippogriffs! Then I ended up fixing this watch she found.
The brunette was grateful when he pushed one of the wooden chair out with his foot. The girl nodded in acknowledgement. She plopped herself down and put the heavy history of magic book down on the table.

They weren't talking about anything important. Aurelia raised an eyebrow when the girl, which Charlie had introduced as Xailah, pressed the pocket watch against her ear. She probably hadn't seen a watch before. Aurelia discreetly adjusted the sleeve of her robe so it fell on the face of her watch on her right wrist, barely hidding it from view. It was to expensive for them to medle with. It was a gift that was given to her by her Grandmother as a present on her eight birthday, a sleek aesthetic Cartier watch. The gifts from her family members was almost always pricy. But no matter what the objects' worth, the young girl would always treasure them even if it was a knitted mitten. The watch like many others was precious to her and she was reluctant for someone she barely knew to be touching it.

Xailah looked familiar, Aurelia might have had saw her somewhere or sometime in Hogwarts, maybe during passing. She didn't bother to ask, but the girl thought otherwise.
Pardon me, but did you play in Rictusempra Tag, Aurelia?
It was then when Aurelia recalled where she had seen the girl. It was during the game of tag, the Rictusempra tag, the spell was a couple times worse than Flipendo. It was terrible, Aurelia unfortunately didn't even last a couple of minutes in the game when she was hit and had to be dragged out. She had only saw the dark haired girl briefly.

Aurelia was taken aback when Xailah slammed the watch down onto the table. It was another reason why she wouldn't let any stranger handle her stuff. Especially not an expensive watch.

"In fact, I did. I didn't stay around after I was hit, unfortunately,"

The Brunette then remembered why she had approached the table in the first place. She had to tell Charlie about his situation and she didn't have a lot of time. She opened the hard cover of the History Textbook as if it was a suitcase containing important documents. She flipped the pages and stopped at one of it's chapters. Her pointed at one of it's articles.

"I barely have an hour. Here. It says that after the first wizarding war, a lot of lives were lost and many bloodlines went either extinct or missing. It mentions Woodward in a few of it's pages. the girl explained in a breath before pausing so Charlie might have some to to register the information.

"Woodward is one of the families who has a long lines of purebloods. Or so as they say. I'm really don't have anything to prove that you are an actual Woodward or just coincidentally had it as your last name." She pointed out.

Charlie watched in silence as the two girls talked. Something about 'Rictusempra Tag' which Charlie wasn't going to as about, even though he was interested in an explanation. He noticed that Xailah was about to leave before Aurelia mentioned having news, and he was thankful she didn't because he would have probably felt extremely bad if she had- he also noticed Aurelia hide her wrist watch when Xailah's fascination with her own became apparent. The exchange was very entertaining to say the least for him.
"I barely have an hour. Here. It says that after the first wizarding war, a lot of lives were lost and many bloodlines went either extinct or missing. It mentions Woodward in a few of it's pages."
Aurelia started, pointing to a number of passages in the book she had brought over with her. He could see the name 'Woodward' strewn about in a number of places along with a number of other names that he couldn't recognise. They were all pureblood magic families, based on the subtitles and footnotes that he quickly scanned over. Before he could interject, Aurelia continued.
"Woodward is one of the families who has a long lines of purebloods. Or so as they say. I'm really don't have anything to prove that you are an actual Woodward or just coincidentally had it as your last name."
She made it clear to point out.

"Would names help? Like, first names I mean. Despite not remembering much from my childhood, I do have a family heirloom of sorts- An almost empty journal. It has the names of my family dating back to my great-grandparents but nothing else."
He was enthralled to think that he might learn something about his family-- about his past. He didn't know much about blood status rather than what he picked up in a book once about famous witches and wizards, but it would be interesting to know more. His real family would be a great place to start.

I bid you adieu, until we meet again of course!
STA - 4 // AGL - 5 // SRT - 1 // CTL - 6 // ARC - 9 // ACC - 5
  Back