Library

Register
Sign in
  Back

An Unfortunate Encounter  Closed 

Emma merely shrugged at the attempt to prove that she wasn't alone, though she had clearly confirmed that fact. The girl had spoken with a tone, though was it to prove something or frighten her? Both were defective. She preferred standing with someone not in her house, it gave them an advantage. Both members of their house had something up their sleeves whereas one house stood with the fundamentals of their house. 

She had known the conflicts between the Lion and the Snake, but never an Eagle and a Lion. She was here to rewrite history, though this was something she didn't want to remember. Two Gryffindor's were a powerful duo, but not a diverse, which Emma had valued. What more could the daring-duo accomplish than starting a fight?

"You shouldn't be the one talking, honey. A slytherin can't defend herself? For a moment I thought that deatheaters were powerful." Aurelia hissed back at her.  Emma scowled back at her, so what if her parents were Ex-Death Eaters, she was still an amazing person. She doubted that Alexx even wanted to be a Death Eater herself, she was an interesting person in general.

"If you can't tell the distinction between her parents and herself that's a problem you should fix. She's not a Death Eater, and it's not your business." Emma said letting go of her wand and crossing her arms. It was more of Aurelia than Lilith that seemed to tick her off.

~ Emmaline Louise Hill ~
"When nothing goes right, go left."
Poison Resistance || Binding Mark || Prodigal Transfig. Learner

Lilith's eyes flickered to the Gryffindor that seemed to take her side. One side of her wanted to tell the girl, Aurelia or something, to get lost, but another side, the logical side, agreed that it would be best to have someone on her side. Two against two is a lot easier than one against two. Lions in a pride hunt together. Lilith was beginning to realize Gryffindor wasn't so bad, especially the people in it.

"Oi," Lilith said to the Ravenclaw who had the arrogance of a Gryffindor and protectiveness of a Hufflepuff, "You might not want to test that theory of yours. We know our fair share of spells." It wasn't exactly a lie when Lilith knew that they were first years and probably didn't have spells to do any damage.

This Gryffindor she never even seen before has come out of her way to help her, so Lilith was going to defend her. "Last I checked, she was from a very powerful, very dark Pureblood family. It doesn't seem like she separated herself from them, does it?" With back up, Lilith gained more strength to really say what she thought. What type of person would live among Death Eaters and just accept it? Lilith couldn't even stand her family, who never partook in anything about Death Eaters, only talked about it.

LILITH WESTLOCKE
Stamina: 6; Agility: 6; Strength: 5; Control: 3; Arcane Power: 5; Accuracy: 5

"I'm not a bloody death eater!" Alexx whisper-shouted, the electric blue from her finger tips twitching, begging to zap someone. "And you clearly underestimate the abilities of both a Slytherin and a Ravenclaw." She spat.

"Why don't you just go back to your books?" She questioned, stepping closer. "Or has all that 'bravery' gotten so into your head that you forgot how to read?" A scoff escaped her lips, eyebrows sinched together in anger. Her fingers twitched again, and she bit back the urge to poke one of the two with her finger, just enough to make them jump. Alexx was not a violent person, she had to remind herself of that.

She felt her knuckles turning white. Of course, the simple word bothered her. It was an insult to her family name, the reason she had no childhood, the reason she was always on the run, the reason she never got the chance to live a normal, happy life. They didn't know the half of it. They didn't go through what her family went through. They didn't know what it was like to be her. Few people did. She didn't expect them to understand, but she expected them to respect her privacy.

"I did nothing to provoke you, why do you insist on being such a huge prick?" Her French accent was thick and heavy as she growled those words to the raven-haired Gryffindor. She then turned to the other one with the piercing blue eyes. Cold as ice. "I have nothing against you. Everything I have is between me and whoever she thinks she is." She informed her, nodding towards the other girl. She knew neither of their names, and she doubted they even knew her first name. Still, she wasn't going to back down. Alexx was not afraid of them or what they thought they could do. In the end, they started it, and she'd finish it.

I wanna watch the world burn
I got the gasoline

"I can read the defensiveness on your face like a book if that's what you mean," Lilith narrowed her eyes, scanning her face. At the moment, she didn't see her as a person, but one to study. She was avoiding a fight. Why would a Slytherin Pureblood avoid a fight in her family's name? Odd. Lilith suspected she was afraid. Lilith was acting as if she knew a lot more than she did. "Just because you're not exactly a Death Eater doesn't make you a good person either." Lilith knew that much from her own life.

"Because you're bound to do something and I believe that it is better to stop the problem before something happens. You don't live in a Death Eater household without coming out with some anger, with something wrong with you, so what is it? You probably heard crap your whole life you're just going to tell me that you came out nice and clean because of some mortality you didn't even know existed?"

Lilith clicked her tongue. "You're right. It's between you and me, so if you really want to go, I'll let you get the first shot off," Lilith's usual monotone, if not slightly mocking, voice was gone and replaced with something serious. Her azul eyes were no longer narrowed, but gazing at the Helm with an intense look.
Last edited by Lilith Westlocke on 2nd July 2018, 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LILITH WESTLOCKE

Aera wandered around the hallways lost, confused, and the library nowhere to be found. Everyone's she's asked for directions so far has either: a) ignored her or, b)pointed her in the wrong direction. The girl sighed, simultaneously rubbing the bridge of her nose. She might have been put in Ravenclaw, but that doesn't mean anything if you're naturally bad with directions.

Hogwarts isn't all too spectacular, now that Aera's been in the castle. It's got tons of magic everywhere, sure, but it's nothing out of the ordinary from what she's used to. Her family owned an abundance of moving paintings as it was a family tradition to get your portraits painted once you've come of age as a witch or wizard. The moving staircases, too; her mother had specifically done it to the ones at their house to catch Valentin, her brother, whenever he snuck out without permission. Aera could only muster half a smile at the nostalgic thought of her joining Valentin when she was younger.

A few more minutes passed before the Ravenclaw finally found the entrance to the library, at which point Aera was now looking like a beet, having run around everywhere. She didn't exactly need to study, though she was feeling quite bored and so felt that reading was the best use of her time.

Aera turned to the magical creatures section of the library when she found four people seemingly in a heated argument. The atmosphere felt tense, and it the two Gryffindors looked ready to swallow the Slytherin and her fellow Ravenclaw. She knows she probably shouldn't, but if a fight breaks out she wouldn't want anyone to get hurt or get in trouble, for that matter.

"Um... hello..."

"You must take me for some kind of a fool if you think I'd really be the one to throw the first punch, literally or theoretically. I know the law, I'm not an idiot." She declared, her eyes glaring holes into the ground. If she didn't look at them, she'd calm down. "As for what you said: What makes you think you know me so well, huh? Or my family, for that matter. I am ten times the person you will ever be just for not assuming who someone is. This is discrimination at it's finest, so have fun being the jerk in this situation." Her words had become monotone and rough. It was like the feeling of the November winds that pricked your skin or touching snow with your bare hands. Her knuckles just kept turning whiter, and she knew if anyone touched her, they'd feel the electricity that was getting harder and harder to hold back.

"I don't know who you are, how you know who I am, or how you know my family's history. But I promise you, we mean you no harm. I speak truly when I tell you that I have never hurt anyone in my entire life, and I don't intend to unless it's for self-defense. But that doesn't matter to you, does it? Because all you're hearing is 'deatheater, Slytherin, pureblood', all the things that people used to think made them superior. I guess I was right; all that Gryffindor pride really has gotten to your head. So what, do you think you'll be heroes if you hurt me? Think they'll give you a medal for sending me to the hospital wing, for making me seem weak? A pat on the back from the headmaster then off you go, shining in glory? Is that what you want?" She was shaking now, not out of fear, but out of anger. They weren't going to give up, she'd be naive to think so. But she had to get it off her chest, her true intentions and how she really felt. With Emma as her witness, she did not wish to hurt these girls if she didn't have to, but she would protect her family name at all costs.

Alexx wasn't proud of her family history. She wasn't proud of those he believed in blood supremacy. But she wouldn't let anyone tell her who she was, or treat her like garbage because of decisions made before she was born. She was many things, but not her parents or their decisions. Her mother and father loved her, and her three siblings. She couldn't afford to get hurt. She had a little sister to go home to, to take care of. Her family may be problematic and unconventional, but they were worth fighting for.

Just then, the soft voice of a Ravenclaw girl emerged. Her shoulders untensed as she turned to look at her. She smiled softly, nodding her head at her greeting.

I got the gasoline

"Ah yes, paint me in gold and gift me with all the glory of Gryffindor!" Lilith said, throwing her head back to the sky. "You truly think I care about any of that? No, I want the truth. I want you to stop lying already because through this whole conversation every word out of your mouth has been fake and planned. You defend your parents as if they are saints and even if you aren't a Death Eater, protecting some doesn't make you any better."

Lilith swiftly turned to the new girl who appeared. She was shorter than Lilith. That was good. "Lilith Westlocke, the pleasure is mind," she said blankly, turning back to the Helm as if she had never said anything to the new arrival at all.

"I want to put you in the hospital wing? No, I'm not a savage for all you believe and for all the talk about discrimination, here you are labeling me as an arrogant Gryffindor. Not to mention it's not discrimination if it's true."

Lilith's own anger was rising. Subconsciously, she knew she wasn't really seeing the Helm in front of her, but her own parents. Everything she wished she could have said to them, but instead she just ran away like a coward who thought they were being brave, but no more running away. Lilith was done with all the Pureblood families with their Death Eater, Muggle-hating, bull that they spewed out, all the while being shown with the greatest riches of the world. Her veins turned with heat and Lilith had to urge to throw around every spell she knew. Instead, she kept her level, intense gaze at the girl looking at the ground.

LILITH WESTLOCKE

"Because you know me so well." She spat. "Okay, here's the truth: you're an arrogant, pureblooded, stuck up, know-it-all, bully. That's the truth." She spat. She actually did spit, though. Right on Lilith's shoes.

"How do you intend to prove that I'm lying? I mean, what is it going to take to get it through your thick skull that I'm actually, unlike you, a decent human being? Where is the proof that I've actually done anything wrong? Show me the receipts, sis." Years of living in the muggle world seemed to pay off as Alexx's street-slang came back. One minute she's quoting Shakespeare, the next she's an Instagram Guru in a group chat dedicated to spilling the tea. There really was no in between when it came to her.

"In fact... one of my closest friends is muggle born. You don't see me treating her like garb. Check your facts, hun." Her arms were crossed and her gaze had risen to meet that of the Gryffindor's. She almost said something about defending her family, but she bit her cheek, deciding nothing would convince this girl. She was arrogant and rude, and she was blinded by the colors of her house. She wouldn't admit that, no, but there was no doubt that this had more to do with that than anything. The bravery, playing the hero, the center of attention, that's what this girl craved, and she saw her opportunity to grab it.

Her head turned towards Emma, unsure of how she felt about all this. And then she turned her head to the other Ravenclaw that had entered, wondering if she was going to jump in. She decided to greet her the same as she did to them earlier. "Hello. So sorry you had to run into this."

I got the gasoline

Aera watched as Lilith, the Gryffindor, and the unknown Slytherin girl kept bantering with each other. From what she's heard, the Ravenclaw could only assume that the two Gryffindor girls were from families that were gravely affected by the death eaters. Not much could be done about that, though she could also see that the Slytherin is being treated unfairly through biases and generalization.

"I can sympathize with you, Lilith, and your friend, and why you must choose to keep guard when a pureblood is nearby, especially when their family's name has been affiliated with the death eaters," Aera spoke calmly, stepping forward until she's between the Slytherin and her fellow Ravenclaw.

"What your families have gone through is no simple matter, yet I must ask you now: Is it worth it to hurt an innocent simply because of your blinding rage towards those who have done you and your family wrong?"

Aera knew there was no point in trying to reason with them; she could clearly see that Lilith's head was already clouded with anger. She had to try, though. As much as she hated conflict, and as much as her family's name she's risking if she got into a fight, Aera also couldn't just stand watch as she witnessed unfair treatment.

Emma watched as the two bickered back and forth, sometimes getting out of hand. She wanted to scream stop from the top of her lungs, though Alexx seemed to have it sort of under control. It had gotten to a point where her friend had spat on the shoes of a Gryffindor. She didn't really feel bad for the girl, her gut told her that she got whatever was coming.

Miraculously, another Ravenclaw had intervened with the conversation. Well, it was more like two conversations going on. Now her very own manager couldn't say a word to her, it was three versus two with a couple of Ravenclaws and a Slytherin.

She entered with the kindness, kinder than her, though she wasn't surprised. The Ravenclaw had jumped in out of heart, and she had done it for protection. This conversation couldn't last any longer, though it seemed that her fellow Ravenclaw might have started another topic to argue over. Something more that the pair could argue over, surely. She was happy to see that a Ravenclaw had stepped in to resolve an argument they couldn't.

Emma couldn't wait to get into her second year. At least then the feisty Gryffindor named Lilith could have a go at a duel. 

~ Emmaline Louise Hill ~
"When nothing goes right, go left."
Poison Resistance || Binding Mark || Prodigal Transfig. Learner

"Yeah! I'm with her! Whatever her name is..." Alexx announced with enthusiasm, pointing at the unknown Ravenclaw who had entered with some words of wisdom.

She then turned towards the girl she didn't recognize and held out her hand for her to shake. "Bonjour, je m'appelle Alexx Helm, à votre service." She greeted herself, bowing in the process. She had to at least show some kindness for the girl who was sticking up for her.

"Emma, what do you say about all this? You've been quiet." Alexx asked, looking back to her friend. The more people who stuck up for her, the better. She knew, deep down, if this girl pulled a wand on her, she'd need all the help she can get. Not that she had a reputation or anything, because she really didn't, but she didn't want one for being a pushover, or for being someone whos an easy target.

Facing back to the two Gryffindors, she saw nothing to be afraid of. Alexx seemed to be the tallest, at 5'2" 1/2, but she couldn't exactly tell. Height, for all she knew, might be her only advantage, unless these little lightning zaps wanted to work in her favor for once. They were really unconventional. Breaking her pencils when she had a rough day, burning her books, burning her. They had their advantages, sure, and they looked pretty sweet, but she wouldn't count on them to keep her safe in a fight. She didn't even know how far they could go.

I got the gasoline

Lilith almost threw a punch at the Helm girl when she spits on her shoes. Or maybe she was about to kick her. The rage kind of got into the way of her basic thoughts and her body was about to take over. She was interrupted by the new Ravenclaw girl, whose voice sounded strangely philosophical.

Tilting her head to the side slightly, Lilith narrowed her eyes, not in hostility, but in confusion as the girl spoke. Lilith blinked her eyes open wider as the girl was finished. "Who are you again?" Lilith asked before shaking her head. She was getting off topic. "Nevermind, I don't care."

The Gryffindor turned back to the Slytherin and glared at her strongly. "You are obviously so much better than me, llama," Lilith said, her voice dripping with sarcasm. "The difference between you and I is that you seem pretty okay with letting whoever you want to get hurt. That's just as bad as being a Death Eater yourself."

Lilith was angry. A dark wave churned inside of her, causing her fists to clench and her teeth to grind together. She was usually a pro at keeping any emotions she may have in check. Sly indifference was what she wanted to show, and that's what she did at that moment. Her shoulders relaxed in an "I-don't-care" posture as she tilted her head back slightly. Her tongue poked out the edge of her mouth.

"You have five seconds to either leave or go first," Lilith said vaguely. She was sure the Slytherin knew what she meant.

LILITH WESTLOCKE

"I am not okay with that, actually! Literally, I've been standing here, arguing with you, stalling, so that you don't go bloody ballistic and hurt one of us! You're mad!" Alexx exclaimed in disbelief. She couldn't believe what she was saying. "About that last part mate, is there a third option where you just crawl back into the hole you came from and give up this childish, petty act? It's quite boring, really." She said with a yawn, leaning against the bookshelf. Sure, a good argument was amusing, but she was growing tired and her fingers were growing zappy.

She turned back to the two Ravenclaws, addressing them. "Y'all don't have to fight for me, just so you know. Also, may I point out that she said I'd be okay with you guys getting hurt, meaning she plans on hurting you over her hatred for me. That, my friends, is what I call a coward." Alexx was aware that she was fanning the flames, acting totally out of line, but she didn't care anymore. This was an offensive human being who was so caught up in her own head that she didn't stop to consider the facts. She got whatever came for her.

Alexx watched and waited for a response, not feeling very threatened. "Go on, then! Give us the grand finale." If she got hit, so be it. If she got hexed, so be it. But she could tell, but the way her hand felt, if she got her hands on the raven-haired brat, she'd regret ever getting close enough to be touched by Alexx.

I got the gasoline

Ballistic? Lilith's conscious questioned. She was pretty sure she was the only one still remaining calm here, as the Slytherin seemed about ready to fall apart. This was the problems Lilith was talking about within a Pureblood household. They are usually very fragile. Lilith tilted her head in a mocking manner. Then, the Helm snapped back to subtle amusement.

Lilith's eyes twitched to a narrowed version before snapping back to normal. "That's not what I said," Lilith pointed out. "Are you sure you're not just hearing what you want to hear? Because so far all you've been doing is making excuses."

She stuffed her aspen wand into her back pocket, swishing her robes behind her. "And coward? Yeah sure, coward," Lilith snorted and rolled her eyes at that. If one thing was proven in her adventures as a Gryffindor, it was that she wasn't as much as a coward as she originally thought. "I'm the coward. That's funny," Lilith said, but she wasn't acting like it was very funny.

"Thank you by the way," she said to her fellow Gryffindor. She looked to the new Ravenclaw who appeared. "And . . . I don't know what to say to you, you didn't seem to be on my side, but I couldn't really tell."

Lilith's eyes flickered to the Slytherin's main Ravenclaw friend, who was apparently pretty smart. Couldn't be that smart, Lilith thought before not acknowledging her. She was just standing up for her friend and Lilith could respect that. Lilith pulled her hands back from behind her and let out a sigh.

It'll feel good, the little devil on her shoulder said.

But you probably shouldn't—

The angel's smart words that Lilith should have probably followed was interrupted by her swinging her calloused fist from Quidditch at the Helm girl.
Last edited by Lilith Westlocke on 3rd July 2018, 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

LILITH WESTLOCKE

Reducio
it won't let me delete this post, but this was the one where I just like, oofed. so just disregard this.
Last edited by Alexx Séverin on 3rd July 2018, 3:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

I got the gasoline
  Back