Library

Register
Sign in

That wasn't yours!  Closed 

Chloe always loved the library. Most of the time, she liked to just go there and relax where it was quiet. This particular day, Chloe was having problems with her homework. She carried her books and parchment in her bag on her back as she walked into the library. She knew what type of book she was looking for. It was for her potions, she needed to know what a specific ingredient was. 

Chloe walked down the aisles, looking for an empty table to set her stuff at. She found one in the back corner, set her bag down on the table, and walked to the shelves looking for a potion ingredient book. She turned, scanning the shelf, when she noticed a book on a table nearby. She walked over to the table, looking around to see if there was anyone nearby. She didn't want to take anyone's book. 

When she didn't see anyone near the table, she picked up the books and examined it. It was the right kind of book she was looking for. She smiled to herself, thinking someone had just gotten it out to do their homework and didn't put it back. She carried the book back to her table and sat down, pulling out her quill and parchment. She didn't realize that the owner of the book had just stepped away for a moment. 

Chloe Rose
Stamina: 5 Agility: 6 Strength: 5 Control: 4 Arcane Power: 4 Accuracy: 6

- ♠ -

A young boy with platinum blond hair was walking through the aisles. Many books could be found in this place, which obviously make it deserve the name library. However the thought of using books that had been used by so many already was something that would not settle with his mind. He usually bought the books he wanted to read and sold them afterwards. Because he kept great care of his belongings he coud sell most of them for the same price as when he bought them. He usually kept away from libraries, there were just too many people at the same place and even though people had to be silent the whispering and muttering around him was enough to annoy him, disrupting his concentration.

Lyonel just went to get a document that would be useful when reading his newest possession; a book about ingredients that gave various information and would be very useful. He took the rolled up parchment from one of the shelves, before he went back to his place, only to notice that his book had gone missing. Narrowing his eyes he placed the scroll on the table and took a look around, when he noticed a girl with his book. Without second thoughts, he walked over to the girl, closing the book with an audible snap and glaring at her. ”That would be mine” He said harshly.

- ♠ -

Lyonel J. Fleur
Sta:4 - Ag:3 - Str:2 - Co:9 - Arc:7 - Acc:5

Chloe looked up, startled at the sound. She saw a boy who had shut the book. She frowned and glared at him, shaking her head. "I found it just sitting on a table over there. If you didn't put it back on the shelf when you were done, then that's your problem. But it's a library, so I have a right to read the book too."

The young girl did have guts. She was typically very shy and kind, but she didn't do well with people telling her what to do. She grabbed the book again, opening it back up and ignoring the boy. She tucked her dark hair behind her ear, focusing on her homework. 

"Go away now please. I'll put it back where I found it when I'm done." Chloe didn't look back up at him and started writing. She simply thought that he had left a library book on the table. She didn't realize that it was actually HIS book. She focused on her writing, copying down words from the book to her parchment. After a moment, she looked back up and saw he was still standing in front of her, glaring. There was a look of pure hatred on his face. She found it quite unsettling. 

Chloe Rose

- ♠ -

Lyonel stared at the girl as if she was a bug or even worse, some kind of bacteria. He did not like her and after she tried sending him away, the feeling of dislike got even worse. He shook his head at her, when he got her attention again. His gloved hands reached over the table and quickly shut the book with a loud noise that caught the attention of other people who glared into their direction before minding their own business. He did not mind at this moment, that for once he was the reason for noise in a library. How could this girl take what belongs to him and then talk to him like this?

Without a word Lyonel flipped open the book, to the first page and gave the girl a pointed look and some time to look at the page he just opened. On it was written with green ink, in a very neat handwriting Lyonel J. Fleur. Lyonel smirked at the girl ”As you can see, you had no right to take it – its mine.” He closed the book again, softer this time and picked it up.

- ♠ -

Lyonel J. Fleur
Sta:4 - Ag:3 - Str:2 - Co:9 - Arc:7 - Acc:5

Chloe looks up at him glaring that he slammed the book in her face. She looked back down as he opened the book, pointing at his name. She felt her face flush, realizing she was in the wrong. However, she was never good at admitting she was wrong. She liked to be right. She wasn't normally a rude girl, she just really hated being wrong. She bit her lip awkwardly and shook her head. You shouldn't have written in a library book." Maybe, just maybe, he was bluffing, and actually did write in the library book. Or maybe, saying this would make her look innocent. 

Chloe raised her eyebrows as he took the book off of the table. "I was almost done with my homework and will give it back to you as soon as it's done. I promise. Just let me use it for another minute, please." She crossed her arms, leaning back in her chair, frowning. She waited patiently, hoping that he would actually put the book down and let her use it for another moment. She glared at him, her gaze unwavering. She was stubborn. She decided she didn't like the boy standing in front of her even a little bit. 

Chloe Rose