Library

Register
Sign in
  Back

Quiet Thoughts  Closed 

Bryant had decided that one of the very first things he was going to do when he gets to Hogwarts was to visit the library. He was quiet and thankful for that not a lot of other people were here. That was something that he liked, quiet and isolation. Even in the wizarding world, he figures that people might think of him as different, odd, to be wanting to rather be alone than with others. But he doesn't mind it one bit.

The library was beyond his expectations as he seen some books flying this way and that, other books that were more grounded had moving pictures or were made from the skin of a mythical creature. But all were too loud for him, begging to be picked up and read.

That is, until Bryant came across one book that had no title, no fancy covers, and certainly was not flying around the library. There were a couple others that he has found that were just like that. As he flipped through the pages, he noticed that this was just an ordinary book. And by ordinary he means a muggle book. He looked up and read a sign that said muggle novels. Well, guess this is where he can go for when he wants to just take a break from all of the magic and spells. Either way, he would eventually need to learn how to be a muggle when he lives out there in the muggle world when he is older, as he sees himself being a representative for both the wizarding and muggle world, being a half blood and all.

Bryant took the book that he had in his hand and sat down at a table near by. The book was a nonfiction, but talked about astrology and the universe. It made him wonder about the universe, and if it has any ties with magic, along with magical beliefs in astology versus these scientific beliefs.

Quiet Thoughts  Closed 

The library was like a second home to Jessica now. It seemed like she found herself here all the time, either studying, chatting, or just relaxing, more of the latter. It was the perfect place to get catch some Zs after long hours of studying for Charms, Potions, Astronomy and the many other subjects at Hogwarts. Today, though, she didn't know why she came in here exactly. She carried her sketchbook and had grabbed a random book from her nightstand, which happened to be the one for Defense Against the Dark Arts. This subject always seemed very peculiar to her but today she could care less.

Flopping into a comfy armchair hidden from view, Jessica rested her feet on the chair and rest her journal against her legs, her face hidden from view as she bent over in deep concentration. She wore her Ravenclaw robes and had her hair tucked into a loose ponytail at the back of her head. You could smell the remains of Chocolate Frogs, a brown speck on her cheek.

Sometimes Jessica looked up to take a breather from drawing, also to stretch her neck. She watched the various books fly around the library. She had never really noticed them before, they were just everyday things in the Wizard world, not that she really knew anything about that. Her adopted parents are Muggles but her grandmother isn't. She didn't have flying books and moving pictures around her home, maybe just in case the muggle police came by.

It was one of those times that Jessica looked up that she noticed the boy. She wasn't sure if he was aware of her but she was sure aware of him. She noticed that he had different colored eyes, one golden and the other one a darker color. This peeked her interest. Sometimes Jessica's curiosity could get out of hand, which is probably why she waved her arm to get his attention, whispering loudly, "Hey you! Hi, come here! I have a question - I have to ask you something!"

I never lose. Either I win or I learn.
STA: 5 | STR: 4 | CON: 5 | ARC: 5 | ACC: 6

Quiet Thoughts  Closed 

Cecily smiled as she entered the library, carrying only two of her favorite books, The Tales of Beetle the Bard and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Cecily didn't know how many times she had read those two books, but she never got tired of them. Today, however, was unusual. Usually if Cecily would leave her dormitory to go for a quiet time, she would carry her school books out to study them. There wasn't one day where she didn't do that. Today, Cecily decided not to bring her school books for once, and instead enjoy relaxing and less-stressful books. Cecily always loved going to the Library too because there was always bound to be some people there.

Sure enough, Cecily spotted a boy and a girl. The girl seemed to just have arrived as well. The girl seemed very cheerful and fun. She even reached out to the boy saying, "Hey you! Hi, come here! I have a question - I have to ask you something!"

Cecily knew she would probably never do that to someone. Cecily always was shy and nervous around people, and it usually was would be the other person starting up the conversation.

Stepping a little bit out of her comfort zone, Cecily went to join the boy and the girl.

"I don't mean to interupt, but I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Cecily Queen, and I'm from Ravenclaw. What about you all?"

Ravenclaws were usually very nice, which always made Cecily love Ravenclaw House.

Cecelia Dahlia Queen
Stats: Strength: 9 Agility: 9 
Control: 10
 Stamina: 7

Quiet Thoughts  Closed 

Bryant was reading his book when he had noticed that a girl was staring at him. The tips of his ears turned red as he tried to hide behind his book, but to no avail as he heard the girl call him over.

He sat there, for a minute or so before reluctantly getting up and joining her at her table. He was never the talkative kind of person and just sitting at a table with another person made him nervous. She had a question for him, but then another girl had shown up, introducing herself and saying that she was from Ravenclaw.

When this girl asked what about them, Bryant didn't say anything but showed his scarf, which was the Ravenclaw house one. They seemed nice, but Bryant was always having trust issues. He doesn't know what to think if these two girls, except that they might be nice.

Now sitting at the table with them, he tried to hide himself again by reading the muggle book that he still had in his hands. Then he had a little thought. The Ravenclaw are known to have a bit of mystery behind them, and he might be the most mysterious of all since he won't speak a word. A small smile came across his face, but then he stopped and went back to try and hide away in the book.

Quiet Thoughts  Closed 

Jessica's eyebrows furrowed for a moment and she considered the boy. She figured he was either really shy or depressed to the point of silence, but she hoped it was just the first one. "So I guess the library is a sanctuary for all sorts of people, as far I can tell. Mostly I find Ravenclaws and Gryffindors here, and we're all from the House coincidentally!"
"I don't mean to interupt, but I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Cecily Queen, and I'm from Ravenclaw. What about you all?",
She grabbed the book out of the boy's hand and flipped through it absent-mindedly. "They call me Jessica. Jessica Garrison, but you can just call me Jess for short. No one calls me that but it's fine. And I'm entirely ecstatic to be apart of the House if Ravenclaw, even more delighted to be in the wonderful presence of two fellow House members. I actually feared that I might get into Hufflepuff but I proved the Sorting Hat wrong with my rebellious behavior." She chuckled, wrapping her arm around his shoulder playfully.

"And what do you call yourself, quiet one? I think that what made me most attracted to you was the state of your eye colours. How is it that one is gold and the other is grey? That's the most strangest, yet beautiful, thing I've ever seen in my eleven, almost twelve, years!"

I never lose. Either I win or I learn.
STA: 5 | STR: 4 | CON: 5 | ARC: 5 | ACC: 6

Quiet Thoughts  Closed 

Elora had decided to go to the library after her audition. She had the script crumpled up in her hand and her heart was still racing. But going to the library would hopefully calm her down. And, she had a mission. 

Elora wanted to find out more about the Hogwarts houses. Their history, stereotypes, the types of wizards they produced, and so on and so forth. Hogwarts, a History had given her information about the founders, but she wanted to know more about the actual Houses. Elora had a few theories on stereotypes and Houses that she wanted to learn more about. 

Elora walked into the Library and noticed that the librarian wasn't there. 'Great. Perfectly wonderful. Now how am I supposed to find this book?' She let out a sigh and continued into the library. 

A few minutes passed of Elora wandering aimlessly around the library, yet to find a section that would have the book she needed. More so, she still hadn't seen another student that she could ask where to find it. 

Time passed slowly, when finally, finally,  Elora stumbled upon a small group of students. They seemed to be comfortable in the library, maybe one of them would be able to at least point her in the right direction. Despite the fact that she would be more comfortable just wandering, she needed a book on this topic.

Elora walked quietly up to them. Two girls and one boy. "Erm, I-I'm forry sor, ah, sorry for interrupting you all, but do any of you happen to know any books besides Hogwarts, a History that has information on the Hogwarts Houses? I'm not quite familiar with this library yet, as most of the time I just wander around it for hours to get accustomed to the layout, but I don't have hours. I'm sorry for the bother..." She trailed off nervously, playing with the paper. 

Humans are the personification of Death.
。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ Elora Rook 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Quiet Thoughts  Closed 

Cecily smiled at Jessica and the boy. "It's okay, I'd love to call you Jessica. It's nice to meet fellow Ravenclaws," Cecily said, raising her eyebrows as the boy only showed his scarf.

Jessica told the two how she was sorted into Ravenclaw.
"But why wouldn't you want to be in Hufflepuff?" Cecily asked. "It doesn't seem like a terrible house. I wanted to be in it actually, my whole family thought I would, at least, but to be in Ravenclaw I didn't have to do anything really. The Sorting Hat did take a long time to sort me though." Cecily frowned as she remember the time when she was sorted.

Cecily nodded in agreement as Jessica asked the boy what his name was. He did seem in fact quiet. Almost too quiet. Jessica seemed almost the opposite. Cecily's head turned almost immediately when another girl asked them a question. The girl exscused herself beofre anyoen could answer, but Cecily grabbed her arm and smiled at her.
"Hi," Cecily said, shaking her hand. "I'm Cecily Queen from Ravenclaw. I have to apologize, but I don't know much about this Library either. I don't read many books from here either, I just like to come here to read my own books." Cecily paused, observing the girl. By her clothes, Cecily concluded that she was from Griffyndor. "Why do you want to learn more about houses?" Cecily finally asked.

Cecelia Dahlia Queen

Quiet Thoughts  Closed 

Bryant could feel all eyes on him as he tried to hide. But it was kind of hard to hide when the book he was hiding behind was taken from him. Even moreso, the Jessica girl wrapped her arms around him, not letting him go easily. But he kind of was sitting there helplessly as this was all going on. Just then, another girl showed up. He hoped that she would help him, but in fact, she needed help too, of looking for a book.

He brought out a quill and a small piece of paper and wrote down, "Bryant Engals. And as for my eyes, I was born like this."

Bryant let the girls see what he had written down before grabbing a random book and flipping open the pages to try and hide behind that book too. Little does he knows that the book he picked up was in fact, a book that the new girl was looking for.

His face was getting red. Not from anger, no. He was kind of getting anxious, with all of these girls surrounding him. He basically pressed his face against the pages of the book to try to hide his face from them all.

Quiet Thoughts  Closed 

Elora smiled softly and turned back around. "It's nice to meet you, Cecily. That's okay, by the way, I should've looked for the librarian with more vigour. Don't worry about it." She ran her hand through her hair, messing it up slightly. "Well, y-you see, I have some, ah, theories about the Houses. Like, why people are sorted into a House when they might not appear to belong there, how the stereotypes of the Houses affect how the students grow up and behave and learn, and what mistakes have been made during Sortings, how they were made, and how that affected the student. And then other ideas like I-I suppose I should try and find something on psychology, but given that this is Hogwarts I doubt they would have something on that. But like I said, I don't know this place well, so I might be wrong..." Elora trailed off. "I'm sorry again for interrupting, I truly didn't mean to." She apologized once more. 

Elora didn't like annoying people, but she knew that her awkward way of talking and posture probably gave people the impression that she was annoying and weird. She also knew that sometimes when she ranted it could be annoying, so she was inwardly cringing at the thought of how long she had talked for. "T-thank you for helping me."  Elora let her hair halfway in front of her face, as it had gone pink. 

She noticed that the boy in the back, Bryant, had also gone slightly red. Elora looked curiously and slightly worriedly at him, had she made him mad? Perhaps he had been talking to them and Elora had intruded..."I-" Then Elora did a slight double take as she noticed the title of the book. "Um...pardon me. B-Bryant? That book..do you know what the title is?" She asked softly.  

Quiet Thoughts  Closed 

Cecily raised her eyebrows once again as Bryant spelled out his name on a paper. Wow, he really must be shy. Cecily thought. Cecily realized that he was uncomfortable around the three girls, and turned to Elora, deciding to leave Bryant comfortable at the Library.

Cecily nodded at her as she explained her interest in the four houses.
"Ahh, I see! That's very interesting, I've never encountered anyone with that much interest of the four houses. I mean, I haven't been at Hogwarts for a while, sooo, yeah. Oh, you're totally fine," Cecily said, folding her hands together and putting them behind her back.
Elora went to Bryant, so Cecily decided to start reading. She now wished she had brought some of her school books, but shook her head and continued to read. She hadn't read in a while, which was surprising. Usaully, Cecily would never want to talk to anyone because of the pressure to read her school books or study, but Cecily didn't seem to care today.
Maybe it's because I've only brought two of my favorite books that aren't really school, Cecily thought.
On the second thought, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them I guess is a school book,
Finally, Cecily focused on her book, trying to clear her mind.

Cecelia Dahlia Queen

Quiet Thoughts  Closed 

Bryant let the Jessica girl keep her arm around him, though he wasn't too sure about this. He kind of accepted this as his fate, but if any other movements towards him from Jessica, he would have to politely decline. As he was hiding his face in the book, he heard the other two girls talking. And then, one of them called out his name. Yellow and grey eyes peeked over the top of the book to look at the one that called to him. She asked for the title of the book. Which wasn't something that he was exactly looking at, seeming as he would rather hide when surrounded than to actually focus on reading.

He reluctantly handed the book over to the girl that asked for it and then started to fiddle with his thumbs as he looked around. The other girl from his house was reading a book, and he had just given the other book to the new girl that showed up.

Bryant figured that trying to find another book to hide behind would be useless since he has a feeling that that book would soon be take from him as well. So he sat there awkwardly with the Jessica girl having an arm around his shoulders, while the other two girls read the books of their interest.

He let his head rest on his right hand, as he studied everything around him to see if there might be a book of his own interest to read.

Quiet Thoughts  Closed 

Elora smiled slightly at him. His eyes were yellow and grey, unusual. She thanked him quietly for letting her see it and read the title.

Her eyes lit up as soon as she saw it. 'A History of Hogwarts Houses,  M. Bendel.' Perfect! "Oh, this is exactly what I was looking for! Wel, not exactly since I had no idea what to look for, but you understand what I'm saying. Thank you!" But then Elora noticed the uncomfortable look on his face. Perhaps he had been reading this and was annoyed that she took it from him? After all, that was quite rude of her.. "Ah, but you were reading this." She smiled warmly at him and handed it back. "Thank you again for letting me see this! Now I know exactly where to look." 

Elora glanced around the hall of books, making note of where everything was placed. Obviously, the table was a direct indicator, but there was also a window near the end of it. She was near the middle of the library and close to the end of it then to the entrance. Elora walked around to the other side of the hall and read some of the book titles to get a sense for what range this was.

Quiet Thoughts  Closed 

After getting a little lost in the hallways, Hengist was finally going to be where he's been yearning to be for years. The Hogwarts Library. Having been denied any magical books with the exception of general information, he was finally going to have access to more information than he may ever be able to read throughout all 7 years in Hogwarts. And he could not be more excited.

He steps through the doors and sees a sight that leaves him motionless for a solid few seconds. It's even more than he was expecting. He was so overwhelmed that he barely even noticed the few students about, some reading off to the sides, others chatting quietly. He looked around, trying to figure out where to begin when he finally fully noticed the others. He first noticed a blond girl who looked like she was from Gryffindor reading book titles off to the far end of the hall. He then noticed a group of 3 off to the other side, a boy and two girls. One of the girls was quietly reading while the other had her arm around the boy, who looked less than comfortable. Hengist decided to avoid that as he just wanted to explore the library.

He began walking down the middle of the room slowly enough to scan the shelves, but fast enough to get past the larger group of students.

Heroes don't exist and even if they did, I wouldn't be one.
Hengist Warbeck - Stamina: 4 | Agility: 3 | Strength: 3 | Control: 9 | ArcPower: 6 | Accuracy: 5

Quiet Thoughts  Closed 

Cecily tried to read, but couldn't help glancing up at people passing by or Elora talking with Bryant. Finally, Cecily decided to look for a different book. She obvisouly couldn't focus, so decided to look around the Library for a Defense Against the Dark Arts book. Defense Against the Dark Arts was Cecily's favorite subject because of her mom's history. Cecily's mom, Dahlia, had been attacked by death eaters. Thankfully, Cecily's dad, Freddy, had stumbled into the scene and saved Dahlia. When Cecily was old enough to be told of how they met, she always wanted to succeed in that particular class.
Cecily stood up almost the same time as Elora went away. Cecily excused herself from Jessie and Bryant, saying she was going to walk around and get a new book.
Cecily walked away, going nowhere in particular. Cecily was very tired, and walked with her eyes half closed, and accidently almost walked into another boy (Hengist Warbeck), who appeared to be looking for a book in the same isle Cecily accidently stumbled upon.
"Sorry," Cecily murmured. She was all the sudden awake since she almost crashed into someone. Realizing she was on the wrong isle, excsued herself. "I'm just very tired, and uh, I'm in the wrong isle," Cecily explained to the boy.
How embarrassing, Cecily thought as she started to leave the isle. Why was she so tired?

Cecelia Dahlia Queen

Quiet Thoughts  Closed 

Looking around, trying to find his bearings, Hengist was not paying any attention to the other students. He honestly had no idea what he was looking for, being so overwhelmed by the rows and rows of books, shelves so high he wasn't even sure how to get the books at the top. He figured he would try to find something about squibs, having a squib younger sister. He knew that he probably wouldn't find anything of note on his first look, but he thought he might as well start with that to learn the layout of the library.

He was so lost in his own world that he didn't notice one of the girls from the earlier group get up and start to walk in his direction. She didn't notice him, either, and they nearly bumped into each other.

"Sorry" the girl murmured, obviously jolted by the encounter. "I'm just very tired, and uh, I'm in the wrong isle," she said, sounding slightly embarrassed. Hengist was embarrassed, too, for not paying attention to his surroundings. His younger sister would always tease him for doing things like this, and he was suddenly missing her calming presence. But also emboldened by the memory, he decided to try to start a conversation with this girl, who was also from Ravenclaw.

"It's ok, I'm not even sure what isle I'm in. This is my first time in the library and I thought, because I'm going to be spending a lot of time here, that I might as well try to start learning it's layout," Hengist replied, trying not to sound weird. He rarely ever starts conversations, but maybe because of his memory of his sister and his surroundings calming him, he kind of did it without really thinking.

Heroes don't exist and even if they did, I wouldn't be one.
Hengist Warbeck - Stamina: 4 | Agility: 3 | Strength: 3 | Control: 9 | ArcPower: 6 | Accuracy: 5
  Back