Library

Register
Sign in
  Back

Restricted temptation  PV   Closed 

((You can wait a little to see how things turn out, that's what I usually do when there's more than two people involved. If there's prolonged inactivity then you can just hop in and take the reigns of the story :D )) 

Kendra
Pas d’avatar
Sophia Montgomery  
Pas d’avatar
Sophia Montgomery  

Sophia finished up collecting her brother's needed Divination study books and began walking out of the Divination section. She glanced in the direction of the Restricted section and saw the girl she sort of helped out a few minutes ago. "Are you okay?" Sophia asked, trying not to flicker her eyes to the restricted book. 

Reid already connected some dots, it was pure speculation but he couldn't help but speculate. He didn't fret too much, but his eyes did follow her as she picked up the book. The student slowly nodded, "I did actually, thanks to her." He motioned to the Gryffindor girl. Reid didn't exactly know what to say or mention, did the Gryffindor girl know her? Did she know what she could possibly be holding? If he said anything, he might as well have blown her cover. The Hufflepuff boy wrung his wrist, glancing at the Slytherin holding the interesting book. 

"Did you find what you wanted?" Reid tucked his own book under his arm and continued to look at the book she was holding. "Good book?" He made eye contact with the Slytherin, hoping she'd explain this. If she wasn't, he felt more inclined to say something else. Reid wasn't sure what anyone was ever up to nowadays, even in the muggle world. What if she used that book to hurt others? If she did, he would know and he couldn't live with such knowledge. A little transparency was all that the Hufflepuff needed, but then again - it could be dangerous.

(Sorry guys I got yanked away! )

sic parvis magna.
> STA. 6, EV. 8, STR. 14, WIS. 6, AP. 4, ACC. 7
> ABL: OS, TMC

Kendra straightened her robes and nervously looked into the boy's eyes. He was very difficult to read, not that she was an expert in reading people. She couldn't understand what was going through his mind and that made her even more nervous. 

"I am yet to find out I guess." she said trying to hide as much of the book as possible but failing to do so. 

She looked over at the Gryffindor girl relieved she was still around and hadn't left her on her own. 

"I am okay I just slipped and fell." she said and tried to conceal her nervousness with a smile. 

She looked at her feet and her mind began racing once more. It was like the air around them stood still. The room was very quiet making their breaths the only sound that could be heard. The risk she would be reported was too high.No matter who you are or what your principles, curiosity wins in various occasions. She hoped this would be one of them. It's better to join people than stand against them after all.   She took a deep breath and looked up again, at both of the students.

"Maybe you would like to find out what it's about? Together?" she suggested. 

(Don't worry guys everyone has IRL obligations. I was thinking to make the topic private to just the three of us. Or would you like to keep it open? I am just worried when too many people gather in the same story and it gets hard to coordinate leading to long periods of inactivity.) 

Kendra
Pas d’avatar
Sophia Montgomery  

((I feel a private topic would end up being for the best :/ ))
Pas d’avatar
Sophia Montgomery  

Sophia turned around and looked at the seemingly empty library. She turned back to Reid and Kendra and smirked. "Go on, then. But we have to be sneaky." She walked to the round table she had taken a seat from earlier, pulled out a chair and sunk down in the seat. She lay the pile of six Divination books from under her clutch onto the wooden table and waited for the other first year students. "And just so we know, we should tell each other our names. First things first, I'm Sophia Montgomery. I remember you two from the sorting, although I just don't remember your names." 

(( kk :) ))

A slightly crooked smile donned the young wizard's features, this was pretty exciting in it's own right. "If it's a book from where I think it is - definitely." he answered. He followed after the Gryffindor and set his book on the table, "I'm Reid Kovacs, pleasure to meet the two of you." This wasn't exactly how he imagined he'd be meeting people, near the restricted part of a library. He sat himself next to Sophia and leaned his elbows against the table. He tilted his head to read the spine of all the books that Sophia had picked up, squinting to read the last one. 

"Di ... Divination. Sounds like math, but ..." The boy looked up to glance at the book cover of the top text, maybe he was wrong. "I highly doubt I'm right." Reid pursed his lips as a part of his brain suddenly was screaming 'caution' at him. "Wait so ... is that book from uh ... down there?" He motioned towards the Restricted Section down the row. What if they open it and something kills them? What if it unleashes something? It was a weight thought but it didn't feel too far fetched. 

(Sorry guys, if I take way too long in the future - feel free to go on without me, I get pulled away sporadically sometimes! :') )

sic parvis magna.
Pas d’avatar
Sophia Montgomery  

Sophia turned to Reid after he made a few guesses on what Divination was. She chuckled. "I say! No, Divination is a subject in which one uses different elements to predict the future. One might use tea leaves, crystal balls, the way the planets have aligned all to predict the future of someone. And they're just for my brother's examination; I got them because he was too 'busy' with Quidditch training - not really, he's just lazy - to get them himself. I got them in the Divination Section just around the corner," she explained. Sophia then turned to gaze longingly at Kendra's novel. "Now that, is from you-know-where." 

Sophia had absolutely no idea where she had gotten this attitude from. She wanted to bend the rules; break them. She wanted to come here to be one of the smartest students - not one of the rebel students. Sophia smiled at Kendra, waiting for her to sit down on the only chair left. She smirked and looked around them once more. A tap, tap, tap was heard from above them. It turned out to only be a leak in the ceiling - but with what the children had in their grasp, you could only be so paranoid

Kendra felt andrenaline rushing through her body. She was excited to see that people were willing to break the rules beside her. She smiled and took a seat next to Sophia and Reid. "I'm Kendra it's a pleasure to meet you." she said setting the book on the table the title read History of Dark Magic. She noticed that right underneath with smaller letters was written Basic Principles. She hadn't noticed that before. 

"Yes Reid this book is from the Restricted Section but you have to promise.." she made a short pause "Not to tell anyone." she looked straight into his eyes before turning her gaze back on the book. "Do you guys even know anything about Dark Magic at all?" she asked.

Her family might have been in Slytherin for generations and they might be paranoid against muggles but they were not whatsoever involved with Dark Magic. People often thought this was the case. She would feel intimidated if she ever encountered someone that knew about this stuff. That was also the reason she asked. Maybe that was why they both agreed to look into this book together. They were all observing it hesitantly. It looked like an ordinary book, just very old and with no sign of pattern or color. 

Kendra
Pas d’avatar
Sophia Montgomery  

Sophia sheepishly raised her hand a bit. "I know quite a lot about Dark Magic for my age," she whispered worriedly. She was terribly anxious about being caught. Who knew if there was now muggle-like technology or Security Charms in the school? This was one experience she would not like to go through again. In the heat of the moment, it was utterly thrilling - but at the exact same time, paranoid and anxious thoughts would scroll randomly throughout one's head. "I know all about the death and living of Lord Voldemort, all about Death Eaters and the members, and all about the Battle of Hogwarts that happened many years ago."

Divination! Well that sounded like an interesting subject to learn, he wondered if it was a class. Could it truly predict the future? It piqued his interest, maybe he'd ask Sophia about it later. His heart was racing a bit, prompting him to glance up at the 'tapping' noise. It wouldn't hurt to break the rules right, these two certainly look like they wouldn't mind being in cahoots with some mischief. It brought some courage to him as Kendra asked for the secret to stay - well, secret. Reid placed his hands on the table, no crossing of his fingers here.

"You have my word." It was an honest truth, as honest as he could be with this all. It was a little backwards to be honest about being dishonest, but there had to be a trade off somewhere. He listened to Sophia's answer, the name Voldemort sounded as terrible as it seemed. It seemed like the most famous of magics tend to live in infamy, that was a little concerning. But the mention of Dark Magic brought about some memories of his mother explaining their family history, her side of the family.

"Sort ... of. My grandparents were Aurors for the Ministry, apparently. They hunted people who dabbled in Dark Magic. It's a family affair of some sort I suppose. I'm also taking Defense Against the Dark Arts, the professor kind of glossed over it though." he replied, gently tapping the surface with his finger. "I just know it's something wizards and witches tend to avoid." Reid arched his brow as he looked at the book, could it be a book about the Dark Arts? It made him a little nervous.

sic parvis magna.
Pas d’avatar
Sophia Montgomery  

Sophia listened in intently on what Reid had to say, glancing at his fingers as he tapped them on table. She lay her hand on the round table and began trying to mimic the tune - if you could say - he was 'playing'. She looked back up at him and then at the book. "With this we must be careful. Once it has been opened, there is no knowing what could happen. As for some books, they sing horrific tunes; on certain pages, people scream so loud the sound waves will break the windows; inside some, there could be a terrible hurricane. Or Worse."

Kendra listened closely to what the two had to say. She was right, she did feel intimidated. But was this so bad after all? To be a stranger to the Dark ways? She shrugged her thoughts off trying to keep her mind in the present. 

"Well, here goes nothing " she said and quickly opened the book revealing the first page.

It suddenly seemed the room had gone cold. It felt as if someone had left a window open or something. Kendra shuddered at the feeling and looked at the page. Nothing seemed to be actually happening, except for the heavy atmosphere that now surrounded them. She flipped through the first pages. Her eyes caught some key words. Salazar Slytherin. Was the first one. She raised her eyebrows. 

"Well that's sure is a heavy burden." she remarked speaking about the house she was sorted in. 

"You guys are very lucky to be in 'clear name' houses I guess." she said.

She turned to the last chapter of the book. There seemed to be some information on Dark Magic itself and how to approach it and even the first steps in using it. She hesitated for a moment. 

Kendra
  Back