Library

Register
Sign in
  Back

Boredom  Open 

Kai had finished with her meal and wandered into the library for it was quieter than the noisy hall and calmer. She took a deep breath, inhaling the smell of books that couldn't be replicated. After exhaling she begins to wander the shelves and stacks of books. Looking for something that would catch her interest.

There is so much she needs to catch up on that is common knowledge to the wizard/witch born students know. Where should she begin?...

Almost immediately after that thought had crossed her mind it was forgotten as a different book caught her attention. It was under Muggle's Fiction and looked minorly interesting - A Spell For Chameleon..? By Peirs Anthony... Huh.

She pulls the book of the shelf and walks to one of the over stuffed chairs and opens it. She sneezed! Whew! Must not have been opened in a long time! She turns to the first page and settles down in the chair to get lost for a while....
Last edited by Kai Martuch on 17th July 2018, 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kai's Stats: Stamina 7 | Agility 2 | Strength 2 | Control 6 | Arcane power 6 | Accuracy 7

Boredom  Open 

Kevin walks up to Kai , sensing the struggle that she is having on her decision to begin her quest for knowledge and he smiles at her. "Hello, I am Kevin, Kevin Grandsmith. I see you are trying to start expanding your knowledge of the wizarding world and was wondering if I could join you..." He then looks down and sees what you are reading and chuckles. "Oops I guess not. That spell will not get you anywhere haha but it is quite the read. I wonder how much money Hogwarts makes trying to sell our magic story books off as Muggle fiction. Are our lives really that good of a read?" He then walks over to the shelves and picks up the first installment of the muggle fiction series about a young muggle born wondering into the world of magic that he saw Kai scroll by earlier. He pulls out a seat across from her and looks down at the book beginning to read it. " I often wonder if this is the kind of thing that Muggleborn goes through. Knowing nothing of magic, only to be invited to a magical place with things that you though were just in your imagination. That would probably scare me half to death, I am glad that my mum taught me well instead of trying to hide anything."
Last edited by Kevin Grandsmith on 21st July 2018, 5:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

yours truly, kevin

Boredom  Open 

"I can answer one of those questions, yes. Your lives are... much more interesting than ours." Daphne sits down across the table, a good two seats away from anyone else. She smiles at the two of them, but her smile seems sad. "I miss home..." She seems to not have meant to say it out loud, as she immediately covers her mouth with her hands. "Sorry, sorry." She shakes her head. "As for the other thing about Muggle-borns, I can't help you there. I'm muggle-born, but my great-grandfather told me about magic. I always thought he was lying though." She smiles now, genuinely. "He taught me never to judge a person by the house they are sorted into." She seems to snap out of dream mode, and giggles, embarrassed. "Sorry, I'm talking a lot about myself." She plays with her hair nervously. She really wanted these people to like her. She didn't really have friends here as she had discovered recently she was a witch. She went over what she had just spilled out in a large information dump onto there feet. She rarely told anyone about anything happening at home. Not even to tell anyone that she was born to two muggles. She waited anxiously for what they were going to say next.

Even If You Loose Hope, There Will Be Someone Hoping For You
-Daphne Black

Boredom  Open 

Daphne Black wrote:
15<sup>th</sup> July 2018, 1:04 am
"I can answer one of those questions, yes. Your lives are... much more interesting than ours." Daphne sits down across the table, a good two seats away from anyone else. ..
" I see, it is okay to miss home though so do I sometimes. Look at the bright side though we get to see them this summer! Not to mention that soon enough Hogwarts will be your new home for 7 years and you will make a whole new family of friends and faculty like, well, me for example." He smiles brightly. " I am glad to see what it i like from a muggle born's point of view because I myself am a pure blood who has known of magic since I was a young lad. Also, it is plenty okay to talk about yourself I am always here to make friends and learn about people. I am never one to judge by house, the sorting hat might put you in a house that is defined by certain characteristics but that does not mean you cannot be your own person. What brings you to the library today anyways? I kind of just came here to hang out and read but I am glad that I found you and Kai to talk to."
He then begins to read the next chapter of the book peaking up whilst waiting anxiously for a response from Daphne.
Last edited by Kevin Grandsmith on 24th July 2018, 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

yours truly, kevin

Boredom  Open 

Oh today was not Quinn's day. It had started just like any other day, but barely through breakfast it had gotten so much worse. It was bad enough that one of his prized notebooks was practically ruined. In what could only be described as an accident that only a higher being or life itself could devise.

That was besides the point though he had made it through the day, and taken the bad luck head on. Now...now he just wanted to be with his books. Well not "his" books per se as he doesn't own any of the books in the library, but he goes to the library everyday so they're like his books. The young red head's thoughts were consumed by the potential books he would read.

Inadvertantly Quinn found himself mumbling up a storm, his speech soft but loud enough for anyone within a few feet of him to hear. Not only that he was talking so quickly, that it sounded like gibberish coming from his lips. As Quinn entered the library he was met with the welcoming scent of books, old and new thoroughly snapping him out of his thoughts.

He passed through the magical history section possibly his favorite section in the whole library.He grabbed two books one named "The Philospher's Stone" and the other "A history of dark wizard's volume 1". Happy with his selection Quinn adjusted his book bag and went to find a spot. He needed to lose himself in reading to cheer himself up, or at least he would have if it had not been before a group of first years that caught his attention: a Hufflepuff, a Ravenclaw, and A Gryffindor. That all seemed quite chatty. "Perhaps this is what I need, not just reading."

For the first time all day he genuinely smiled. Beaming almost and swiftly walked over to the group, "Hello you three, I'm Quinn Healy! How are you all?" He made sure to keep his voice down but still let the joy seep through as he moved a lock of red wild curls from his face.

To fear the unknown is to fear progress, don't shy away from it. Embrace it and discover something new.

Boredom  Open 

Strolling through the library, I cam across three students: a Hufflepuff girl, a Hufflepuff boy, a Gryffindor girl, and a Ravenclaw boy. Everyone else but the Hufflepuff boy had dark hair, either brown or black, but he had a eye-catching shade of red-orange, a sort of scarlet really. There I stood, peeking from behind a shelf, deciding whether or not to introduce myself. My introduction might've just been a horrendous mess... but I resolved to finally stop embarrassing myself before someone sees me, spying on them weirdly.

"Hullo!" I said to the quartet of students.

"Looks like one big party here... heh... My name's Mae, Mae Reeds, Ravenclaw First Year..."

Of course no one thought my joke was funny, no one ever thinks my jokes are funny... :sweatingbullets:

Though my hands were becoming clammy, I forced myself to indeed keep my head high, remembering what I told myself the night Amaya ran away. I couldn't care what others think of me.

Reducio
This is what I wrote that night:
...a revelation struck me.

Why was I living to please? Why was I playing the part of the scared, nervous little girl? I found I knew the answer to neither of those questions.

Was that who I wanted to be? I knew that: no.

So then why was I acting like this?

I stopped walking.

Why did I care what other people thought of me?

I should only worry about my own opinion of myself. I remembered a quote by Charlotte Brontë,“If all the world hated you and believed you wicked, while your own conscience approved of you and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without friends.”

I knew that.

So why the heck was I living to please?

Not anymore.

Regaining my pace, just a wee bit faster now, I headed to the library, my head held high.

Whatever it was Amaya thought of me, whether it was my blood status or my personality, or the way I sat, I didn't care.

And if she hated me because I was a half-blood then, I just hoped she knew, that my skill of wizardry is measured by practice, knowledge, discipline, determination, and respect, not the skill of my parents.

There I stood, vulnerable and exposed, waiting for the response of a student.

I might've been mocking, or friendly, I didn't know. I was only waiting.

Mae E. Reeds

Boredom  Open 

Daphne smiled at the Ravenclaw boy, and answered his question.
“I came... well I guess I mainly came to read... I needed to finish my book.” She holds up a muggle book, a romance. She blushed slightly because

Sorry, my phone did something weird...
Last edited by Daphne Black on 23rd July 2018, 10:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

-Daphne Black

Boredom  Open 

“I came... well I guess I mainly came to read... I needed to finish my book.” She holds up a muggle book, a romance. She blushed slightly because of the fact that she didn’t know what they thought of muggle books like that. Not a lot of those kinds were at the library, so she was glad she kept her stash. Another boy approached them, she could have sworn she had seen him in the common room before.
"Hello you three, I'm Quinn Healy! How are you all?" She smiled at him too, making him feeling welcome in a place she wasn’t so sure of yet.
“I’m alright, how are you?” She watched as another girl approached.
"Looks like one big party here... heh... My name's Mae, Mae Reeds, Ravenclaw First Year..." Daphne smiled at her, immediately sensing that Mae was a little... scared? Timid? She didn’t know the correct word there.
“Hello, you are welcome to sit with us if you’d like.” Another almost faked smile. “I am Daphne. Daphne Black.” She got up, and pulled out two chairs for the both of them, inviting them to sit down.

-Daphne Black

Boredom  Open 

Kevin turns his attention to Quinn and says "Welcome, I am Kevin Grandsmith. I am great today.
What brings you here today?"

He then watches as a young Ravenclaw first year walks up to the table and introduces herself.
He chuckles softly and says " Yeah it is a big party, I heard you were supposed to bring the food? " Kevin smiles jokingly and tosses a jelly slug to everyone.
"Do not worry, they are all good flavors I have tried many over the years and know how to pick them!"

Daphne Black wrote:
23<sup>rd</sup> July 2018, 10:04 pm

Kevin turns his attention to and smiles at Daphne and says, "No need to blush, even if that shade of red especially compliments your smile. Romance of all sorts is great whether it is muggle or magic love makes the world go round. I especially enjoy darker romance poetry like that of Edgar Allen Poe, a wonderful muggle poet. "We loved with a love that was more than love." "

He kind of blinks for a second forgetting there was a larger group than the two of them. He always catches himself getting too deep into a subject when started, especially literature.
"What kind of books does everyone else enjoy?"

yours truly, kevin

Boredom  Open 

Quinn blinked looking at the colorful and diversely growing group before him. Oh how exciting it was, all of them seemed quite quirky, yet interesting. It sparked his curious side to no end which he has no qualms about it. He first turned his attention to the timid sounding Mae. "A pleasure to make your acquaintence" he beamed making sure to keep hos voice down but quite welcoming. He took one of the two seats offered to him and patted the one next to him for the girl to seat.

"Nice to meet you Daphne and you as well Kevin!" He clutched the books firmly to his chest. "Ah yes the...how you say...smooth talker. He makes a good point about books. After all no matter who they are written by muggle or not they are enthralling things meant to captivate and teach. Do not be ashamed of what you enjoy reading." Quinn could not help but grin through his whole speech. His thick accent coming through on fool display.

It was after this that he heard Kevin's next words. "Oh boyo what don't I like too read! But if I had to choose it would have to be magical history next to what muggles call psychology. They are all fascinating subjects even though half the time I barely understand half the bloody gibberish being thrown about like my aunt Gerdie's potato stew." He blinked a few times realizing he was rambling and faintly began to blush out of embarrassment. "Oh I'm sorry I was rambling...I'm just very passionate about reading and learning. Perhaps that's why I aim to read every single book in this library."

To fear the unknown is to fear progress, don't shy away from it. Embrace it and discover something new.

Boredom  Open 

With a smile she watches the interactions of the people around her. She wouldn't have thought that people could have friends in other houses. Her impression was inter-house interaction was frowned upon. Kai tucks her brown hair behind her ear as she turns her head from side to side watching who is talking.

She slowly loses interest in the conversations and adjusts her position on the chair. She opened her book and began to read while half-listening to the conversations around her.

She sighs as her facial expression changes as she slowly looses herself in the book. She hums when something happens in the book that seemed weird to her logic. She frowns and furrows her brow while she keeps reading.

Her position changed as she became more involved in the book. She actually breaks out with a "What?" As she flips back a few pages to better understand what just happened. "Huh...." She mummers to herself as she continues to read her chosen book.

She wasn't paying any more attention to what has happening around her. The book has engulfed her attention now.

"Ooooh… I see" She mutters as she turns the page. Ignorant of any stairs she might be getting. Her brown eyes move faster as she seems to get to a good part. She leans forward and gasps.

Kai's Stats: Stamina 7 | Agility 2 | Strength 2 | Control 6 | Arcane power 6 | Accuracy 7

Boredom  Open 

Dianna walked into the library with a book in hand. To say she was surprised was an understatement, she was astonished. Never in her life have she seen a room filled with so many books. Her eyes sparkled and couldn't wait to get her hands on a good book, A witch spell book at that!

What did surprise her were the amount of people that was here. Back at home not many people ever came to the library and it helped her a lot when she wanted to be alone. "huh..I guess this school is different after all." She spokes softly to herself. With a smile she started walking to a random shelf looking around. She tried to keep to herself mostly since she wasn't used to talking to kids her age.. or kids at all.
She noticed the table full of children and sighed. Yes she likes to be alone but deep down she yearns for a friend. Someone she can smile, laugh and tell secrets with.

"Oh mother, will this school let me be...I don't know free? Her purple hair shadowed her face. She looked to the side not wanting look at them. If you want to make friends you need to go up to them A voice said in her head. She knew that but what if one of them knew her as "Michi The Muggle"? She was sure one of them knew her from her mother's flower shop. She wasn't even a muggle! Both her parents were a wizard and witch, a pure-blood! She rolled her eyes at that thought.
"Ugh! Why couldn't I just stay home and tend to my flowers!" She quickly covered her mouth noticing how loud she was. She hoped no one played any attentioned to her and would ignore her outburst.

D_Mich

Boredom  Open 

'My oh my. This day is just full of all sorts of surprises. This lot is quite interesting...I think we have one of every house now. Oh how exciting!' Quinn thought quite excitedly and pleased with the present situation.

One girl had gotten deeply invested into a book and just as he was about to ask her about it. Another girl who was indeed a bit quirky like a certain red head in this very library. He couldn't help but let out a small chuckle at the lass...wow never thought he'd say that word. It made him sound old but he was nearly 12! Oh how his little sisters would tease him.

Though at the moment that was besides the point, he decided to get up dusting off his uniform and fixing his scarf. He set his books down on the chair along with his school bag. With a smile and his usual warmth he walked over to the girl quite confidently and extended his hand. "Quinn Healy at your service. It's a bit of a strange name but we Healy's are nothing if not honest!" His voice was a bit louder almost at a normal moderately loud level.

His bluish green eyes had a certain spark that had returned to them as he greeted a fellow student. One might even mistake it for a mischievous gleam, but at the moment. Quinn didn't really care, as that was about as uncontrollable as his moppy mess of fiery orange curls. Which in comparision to his light skin really brought out the numerous freckles on his face and highlighted his eyes.

"Would you care to join us and I'd love to know about the kind of flowers you tended" He added with the same amount of enthusiam as before.

Boredom  Open 

The other students were indeed quick acquaintances, and seemed interesting, so I decided to spare the effort of trying to make a friend, though I was exhausted from the other tirings of my day.

Before I could begin, however, the friendly red-headed Hufflepuff extended his hand and introduced himself, saying to me with an unusual sense of warmth, though slightly louder than needed, "Quinn Healy at your service. It's a bit of a strange name but we Healy's are nothing if not honest!"

"Would you care to join us and I'd love to know about the kind of flowers you tended" he added with the same amount of enthusiasm as before.

I liked him, friendly. Shaking his hand firmly with a smile plastered onto my face, I responded, "Well, to answer your botanical question, I remember having many orchids at home that my mother cared for, but I tended my own little patch of garden back home, with lavender, cosmos, daisies, and a few herbs. But uh, now I'm looking into more succulent-type plants, so as to grow a few in my dorm, seeing as I do not have an outdoor option," I finalized.

Realizing maybe he had absolutely no idea what I was talking about, I decided to elaborate, however careful not to baby talk. "Succulents, they're a type of plant that has waxy leaves and lots of water in those leaves. They thrive in the wild within desert-like environments, which is why you need to make sure they get good drainage to mimic sand, and not too much water to mimic a dry place."

Suddenly, I added, impulsively, "Sorry if I'm ranting..."

My cheeks burned and turned to tomatoes. I was ranting. And he may or may not have a single clue what I was talking about.

That's when I noticed the girl behind me holding a book on flowers, and muttering something about snapdragons.
Last edited by Mae Reeds on 27th July 2018, 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mae E. Reeds

Boredom  Open 

Dianna looked up at the sound of his voice. "Oh I-" She quickly noticed he wasn't talking to her and blushed in embarrassment. Ugh Why would I think they would come talk to me? She started grow a small flower wall between her and her view of the table. She turned back to the bookshelf looking at the different books in front of her.

"Ah Snapdragons. My favorite." She grabbed the book setting down on a flower stool that created before her. She wondered if she was even around to use magic outside of the classroom. But than again her powers have there own mind. Specially when she's mad. They seemed out of control and she knew she had to control it.

Looking down at the book she began to read but her mind was else where. Between proving her dad wrong and making friends. The second one sound impossible she didn't have the courage to go up to someone. And if they came to her she honestly don't know what she would say nor do. She got up to put the book back and grabbed another which only caused other books to fall on her. "Oh no no no no!" She whispered yelled be fore all the books came crashing down.

D_Mich
  Back