Library

Register
Sign in

This book is mine!  PV   Closed 

The DADA lessons were insanely interesting and useful. And hard. Professor Scheinberg was merciless pointing out mistakes and gapes in students' knowledge. That's why Angela decided that in order to do better during the class she should read up in advance about the third lesson's topic. It was supposed to be about the Knocback Jinx. She decided to borrow the standard handbook about jinxes called "Jinxes for the Jinxed" - even if it wasn't required to buy for the first year, she was sure it would be useful to at least see what's inside.

To her disappointment, when she arrived to the JINXES section, the shelf designated for beginner handbooks was completely empty - surely it was space left after all copies of "Jinxes for the Jinxed" were borrowed. All the other books on jinxes were supposedly way more complicated, so she certainly wouldn't even understand them. With a sad sigh, she turned back, ready to leave the library.

But when she got closer to the exit, she noticed a Ravenclaw girl standing next to Librarian's desk and talking to the Librarian: she held a book, and it clearly was this book! Angela didn't think much and impulsively rushed to the girl.

Heyyyy!, she said loudly, are you borrowing that? Could you please let me have it? She realized that must have come across as very rude. It's really important to me, she added, trying to emphasize that it's a special situation and normally she wouldn't be so blunt.
Last edited by Angela Silverberry on 17th June 2018, 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus.
Angela Silverberry || Sta: 4 | Agi: 6 | Str: 4 | Con: 7 | Arc: 3 | Acc: 6

Eri had been bored and decided that the common room was to loud. So she gathered up her things and went to the library. She wasn't sure what she wanted to read, but she would figure out what type of book she would read when she got there. 

Upon arriving at the library, the young ravenclaw walked down the aisles and found "Jinxes For The Jinxed" and went to a table and began to skim through it. It was rather intresting and she was trying to see if it had any it knowledge on the knockback jinx. 

The brunette walked up to the librarian's desk. She was going to check out the book when she heard someone speak behind her. "Yes I am borrowing it." She cringed as the girl yelled loudly. "It is also important to me too. So give me a good reason that I should let you have the book I need for my studies?" The Ravenclaw girl stated. She was not in a good mood since the girl yelled. And it was not the place to be yelling. Libraries were quiet peaceful places. Not ones where she could yell and be as loud as she wanted.

{Dreams stay dreams until you make them reality.'}Eri Windstone. STR:10 AGI:7 CNT:5 STM:4

Angela could see the other girl didn't like her request. Why is she so mean, with this mean look and mean voice? She was almost going to point that out, but remembered that the most important here is the book. How is she going to study without this book?! She succumbed into desperation.

Hey, don't be like this, she pleaded, now quietly and politely. I really want to prepare for this DADA lesson. The material is so hard. I just need something to study with. Maybe... maybe we could share it or something?, she asked with little hope. Or hey, we could study together... maybe practice this knockback spell in the classroom after hours... it would be fun, she added with a smile.

It truly would. She was proud of this idea now. Of course it'll be easier to learn together. Like mother always said, everything is easier when people support each other. The only tiny problem was that she wasn't quite sure if practicing spells before classes was allowed. But why would be the students denied such a practice... right? What's your name? I'm Angela, she introduced herself, outstretching her hand and looking into the girl's eyes. What do you say? Teamwork?

Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus.
Angela Silverberry || Sta: 4 | Agi: 6 | Str: 4 | Con: 7 | Arc: 3 | Acc: 6