Library

Register
Sign in

Dominoes!  Closed 

Leola slowly made her way up the stairs towards the fourth floor heading to the library. She had agreed to meet Isabella there to study. Leola hated studying it had never been her strong point she could never remember anything for tests even if she had studied as hard as she could she always got flustered at the last minute trying to remember everything but instead she always forgot everything which wasn't really a help for her.

She walked into the library and looked around to see if Isabella was there yet. She wasn't. They had decided to meet there during lunch break. She walked over to a table at the back of the library and pulled out her roll of parchment , ink bottle , Quill and books getting ready to start. She decided she would wait a couple more minutes before she started to give Isabella some time to get there because she was rather early.  After 10 minutes typical Isabella still hadn't arrived she was always running late so  Leola decided to start without her.  For some reason though Leola couldn't concentrate usually she could concentrate really well when studying it was just when she went to use the knowledge she had gained while studying that it failed her. So she stopped what she was doing and decided she would just wait for Isabella to get there to help her.
Last edited by Leola thrussel on 3rd July 2018, 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Leola.Thrussel

Dominoes!  Closed 

Isabella hurried up the stairs towards the library, her hair turning pink from her embarrassment. She knew she was late. She had been down by the lake when she remembered she had agreed to study with Leola. It was weird for her to forget about the study session. She usually quite enjoyed them. Not for the actual studying but the fun she had with her friends when they had them. She reached the top of the stairs, stopping to catch her breath after running so far. She stepped forward and pushed the great doors of the library open.

She walked inside and scanned the room, looking for her friend. She spotted her over at a table by the shelves. She hurried up to her smiling apologetically.

"I'm so sorry, I completely forgot and when I remembered I was down by the lake. I ran the whole way here." She said with a smile, her hair turning yellow along with her happiness. She laughed lightly before dropping her books on the table.

"So what did you need help with again?" She asked, cursing her forgetful mind. She spread her books out along the table and looked up, eager to get started.

You see? Even death has a heart.

Dominoes!  Closed 

"Finally" Leola said as she watched Isabella running towards. "I'm so sorry, I completely forgot and when I remembered I was down by the lake. I ran the whole way here." Isabella said panting from running up four flights of stairs. Leola couldn't help but laugh as she watched her friend flop down on the chair across from her.
"So what did you need help with again?" Isabella asked opening her books on the table with an eager expression on her face. Leola rolled her eyes at her and sighed she could never understand why Isabella loved studying so much.  " Well I spose I need some help with my transfiguration homework seeing as that is your area of expertise" She said with a grin gesturing at Isabellas hair.  She opened up her books again with a sigh and forced her self to start reading even though she new it was going to be all for nothing.  She ended up reading the same page over and over again because she wasn't taking any of it. She couldn't focus. " Isabella i'm really sorry but i can't focus on my work I think I might just head back up to the dorms sorry"  Leola said getting up to leave when she tripped over a book that was lying on the ground and fell onto a shelf causing it to fall over and hit the next one which also fell over then the next and the next.  "OH NO"  Leola cried looking over to Isabella " What do i do?"

Leola.Thrussel

Dominoes!  Closed 

Last edited by Kathleen Taylor on 3rd June 2018, 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

Dominoes!  Closed 

Isabella watched as her friend fell backwards into the shelves. Her hair turned white in fear as the shelf fell over, toppling the others over as well. The domino effect can't of lasted more than a minute, but it felt like a lifetime. She turned to her friend.

"What are we gonna do? You better hope no one was hurt." She said, shaking slightly. She looked around. The library was a wreck. The shelves had all fallen over, books were everywhere and dust was settling like a blanket over everything. She turned around to speak again before she heard a voice from somewhere in the library.

"Help! Help!!" She turned around, trying to locate the voice. So someone had been trapped and possibly hurt in the disaster.

"Come on" She shouted at Leola. "Someones obviously trapped, we need to help them." She sprinted off, climbing over shelves and books trying to reach the voice. After a few minutes of searching she saw movement behind some of the rubble.

"Over here!" She called to Leola. She climbed on top of a table, trying to see the person. Upon sight she saw she was a small Ravenclaw, who was surrounded by bookcases and big piles of books.

"Hurru up!" She called over to her friend. "We need to get her out!" She was shaking and her hair was pure white from fear.

Dominoes!  Closed 

Last edited by Kathleen Taylor on 3rd June 2018, 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dominoes!  Closed 

"What are we gonna do? You better hope no one was hurt."  She heard Isabella say to her. She looked over at her friend and saw that she was shaking "Help!" Leola heard someone call out. Oh no she thoughtsomeone was stuck what if they were hurt it would be all her fault " come on" Isabella shouted at her " Someones obviously trapped, we need to help them."  Isabella said running off climbing over fallen shelves in search of the person.  

Leola got up off the ground and sprinted off after Isabella she had to find this person if the were badly injured leola would never forgive herself. "Help! Help!" She heard the voice again. They were getting closer. "Over here!" She heard Isabella call out to her as she climbed onto a table obviously to get a better look at the girl who was trapped. " Hurry up!. We need to get her out!" She yelled. Leola climbed up onto the table next to Isabella to see who was trapped. She didn't recognise the small girl but knew she was a ravenclaw by her uniform. 

"I'm here!" she called. "I - I can't seem to get out, the shelves toppled over and... they are so heavy! Like those piles of huge books! Can you - can you help me?"  
" Don't worry we'll get you out" Leola called back to the girl.  Jumping down from the table and starting to move some books out of the way.

Leola.Thrussel

Dominoes!  Closed 

"I'm here! I - I can't seem to get out, the shelves toppled over and... they are so heavy! Like those piles of huge books! Can you - can you help me?" The small Ravenclaw seemed scared out of her wits. She couldn't help but pity the girl, she was caught up in this and she hadn't done anything at all.

"Don't worry we'll get you out." She heard Leola shout from next to her.

"It's ok!" She called. 'Come on. You weren't made Prefect for now reason. You have to do something.' She looked around, trying to find something - anything - to get the poor girl out. She started to panic as no ideas came to her mind. Her hair turned orange. She frantically scanned the room again. Her eyes rested on the pile of books blocking the way for the girl to get out. She smiled as an idea popped into her head.

She ran past her friend who was shifting books and slowly scrambled to the top of the pile. It seemed steady enough. She looked down on the girl. If she climbed a few centimeters she'd be able to pull her up and get her out.

"The best way to get out would be to climb over this pile." She shouted. "If you stand on a few books I'll be able to pull you up." She moved her feet slightly further apart, starting her stance and getting ready to pull the girl up.

"Ready?" She said down into the make shift pit.

Dominoes!  Closed 

Dominoes!  Closed 

Isabellas hair turned white as she watched the same girl trying to scramble away from the falling bookshelf. She heard a small squeak for help before the bookshelf completely collapsed on her. Isabella was in a considerable state of panic. This girl couldn't be dead.

Pulling her wand out of her pocket she pointed it towards the exit and muttered the spell she had learnt in defence against the dark arts a few days ago.

"Periculum." She said. She watched as a red trail of light flew out if the end if her wand, disappearing out the door of the library. She turned around as she watched it explode in the hallway. Hopefully someone would see the spell, and come help.

She scrambled over to unconscious girl. 'Please don't be dead.' She thought, shaking. She reached the girl and instantly grabbed her wrist, trying to find a pulse. She let out a sigh of relief as she found it. It was faint but it was there.

She turned around and looked at the shelf. She didn't want to move it, afraid that she would injure the girl further. But she couldn't possibly leave her under there. She was torn over what to do.

After a few minutes of hard thinking she came to a decision. She moved up to the shelf and tried to shove it out of the way. No matter how much she pushed it wouldn't budge. The Ravenclaw was almost as white as a sheet of paper. Isabella could only hope there was no bleeding.

She looked over to Leola. "Get over here and help me move this thing will you?" She said, shaking.

Dominoes!  Closed 

Leola watched in horror as the small Ravenclaw started tugging at a huge pile of books that was holding up a shelf of books from falling over. "No! DON'T it will fall on ..."  But it was to late the shelf had started to fall. She watched panic stricken as the girl tried to scramble out of the way on all fours but it was no use the books had hit her on the head.  The girl fell limp onto the ground. 

Leola was shaking so severely now she could barley move.  She saw Isabella jump down into the hole were the small girl was and start moving some books of of the girl. "Get over here and help me move this thing will you?"  She yelled at Leola.  

Without thinking Leola jumped down into the hole as well and started moving books from off of the girl.  "Please don't be dead, please still be alive" She muttered to herself feeling for a pulse on the girls wrist.  She feel back with a sigh of relief "Oh thank god shes alive" She said she could almost cry she was so happy that the poor girl was alive still.  This had given her a new energy as she started shoving books out of the way to free the girl.

There was only one problem now. How were the going to get out now, because they had jumped down into the area were the small Ravenclaw was trapped which meant they were now trapped as well. She decided to share her worry with Isabella "Um, Isabella how are we going to get out now? She said her voice shaking  "Because we are trapped now as well." 

Leola.Thrussel

Dominoes!  Closed 

Last edited by Kathleen Taylor on 3rd June 2018, 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dominoes!  Closed 

Aurelia flipped through her DADA book. She had a stack of assignments given to her to be completed during the weekend. The girl sighed as she wrote on the sheet of paper. It was almost done. The brunette hated homework for the weekends. Weekends were supposed to be for students to relax and relive the stress on their minds, but clearly, hogwarts thought different.

The girl clicked her tongue frustratedly as she heard a few girls somewhere in the library chattering. She had specifically chose the library to do her studying because she knew it was quiet. It was apparently not and the librarian wasn't doing anything to shut them up. Perhaps she was busy Organising the many books on the shelves or had better thingns to do than to tell a couple of girls to lower their volumes.

Aurelia gathered the books and papers into her arms. Her shoes clicked against the cobblestone floor as she approached the door. She would probably go to the study room to finish her assignments. The girl jumped as she heard a crash from behind. Her books scattered all over the floor in front of her. She turned around only to see shelves toppling against one another, followed by screaming.

Aurelia hastenly went to see the commotion. Then she realised that someone was stuck underneath it. It wasn’t just one, it was probably a few girls under the shelves yelling.

"Wingardium Leviosa," The girl had took out her wand and incantated the spell with a swish and flick. The shelf groaned as it was lifted, it was heavy and had only moved a few inches.

"Help me, use the same spell, I can't move it on my own.

Dominoes!  Closed 

Anastasia heard loud noises coming from the uselessly silent library. Are the shelves falling down? she joked to herself, unknown what she would come across when she opened the doors.

Walking into the library was a big mistake her three friends, Isabella, Leola and Aurelia were among the messes is fallen book shelves. Books were scattered all across the floors and, Oh my god! she cried, there was someone laying underneath the book shelf's. Anastasia sprinted over to the cautious to try and help. What on earth, has happened here? She gasped, looking around at her friends who were trying to pry the heavy wooden shelves of the small raven claw girl, buried under the piles of books. Moving around the shelf she tried to lift the shelf off of the girls body. It rised only a few inches above her, but it was a start. Ummm, help me! she said looking at her friends desperately.

Everyone began to pitch in and help lift the huge book shelf's off the small girl. Looking at Leola she said, When we lift it, reach under and pull her out from underneath. This should work she hoped that it would. Okay ready. She looked at everyone. 1, 2, 3 and...

Aspire to inspire, before we expire