Library

Register
Sign in

First Visit to the Library  Closed 

Rae entered the library, clad in her new Hufflepuff uniform. She liked the yellow, it reminded her of a bumblebee. At the age of 11, she didn't know what a badger was, and was still wondering if it was a magical creature, but was too afraid to ask anyone. She had been so excited that she go into her robes rather quickly and tied her tie on the way here. It didn't take her long to find the library. She was told it was on the fourth floor and it was the largest, and most obvious room there. At one point, she had mused to herself "Now where is the library?" and one of the paintings answered. However, none of the older students who had been around to witness it thought it was strange or out of the ordinary, so Rae had shrugged it off.

Rae had taken a moment to browse some of the books. She grabbed one about broomsticks, but didn't understand many of the words in it, so put it back. She then picked up one titled The Wizarding World of Europe: A Guide for the Muggle-Born and found it a fairly easy read. It was clearly written for kids about her age, and even began with the line "So you've just arrived in Hogwarts after spending your whole life without any knowledge of magic, and find yourself completely lost." She returned to her seat and began to flip through the book.

Makena had just left her common room she went down lots of stairs she got a bit lost they kept moving and she couldn't figure out where to go so she decided to ask the paintings that talked to her before "Umm hello... excuse me." she waited for a response "Do you know how I can get to the library ?" Makena waiting for the painting to answer. 'That's the second time I've been asked that  its on the forth floor end of the corridor its hard to miss its the biggest on that floor' "Oh uh thank you" Makena said quickly before walking way she still found it so weird she was talking to a painting she couldn't wrap her head around it but well it is magic anything could happen. After walking around for a bit more Makena walked into the Library in her new Gryffindor robes. 

Makena looked around and she found a book called "Fantastic beasts and where to find them" Makena was always interested in animals so she took the book and looked for a place to sit when she saw Rae Makena then walked over to her. "Hey Rae what are you reading?" Makena asked while taking a seat opposite her and opening the book to the first page.

Makena D

Rae jumped at the sound of Makena's voice. Then she laughed a bit too loudly before she was quickly shushed by a source unknown to her. "Oh! Makena!" she said, keeping her voice down, "It's a book for Muggle-borns about wizard things. I thought it was probably the best place to start." She placed the book down. It was currently on a page that was describing the difference between Hexs, Curses, Charms, Spells, Enchantments, Jinxes, Taboos, and Potions. It was a lot to take in, but Rae was beginning to understand it all, slow but sure.

"There's a lot of words that I don't know. And I don't think there's a class that's going to teach me everything I don't know." She then closed the book and put it aside. "Hey, Makena? Um...did you hear what the Sorting Hat said about my parents? I mean, it said they were in Slytherin. Is that a bad thing?" It was something that had been bothering her. She had yet to encounter a professor and Makena was the only person she knew who knew anything about the Wizarding World. She felt bad asking Makena all these questions, but also had no one else to go to. "Sorry, I'm just too shy to approach a professor."

Rae slightly jumped at the sound of Makena's voice. Then she laughed a bit too loudly before she was quickly shushed by a person near by.
"Oh! Makena!"
Rae said keeping her voice down.
"It's a book for Muggle-borns about wizard things. I thought it was probably the best place to start."
She said whilst placing the book down.
"There's a lot of words that I don't know. And I don't think there's a class that's going to teach me everything I don't know."
She then closed the book and put it aside. "Don't worry there are classes were you can learn all you need to know and you can always ask a professor for help." Makena said with a smile and she then closed her book.
Hey, Makena? Um...did you hear what the Sorting Hat said about my parents? I mean, it said they were in Slytherin. Is that a bad thing? Sorry, I'm just too shy to approach a professor."
"Hey whats up, yeah I heard but I didn't want to ask if you wanted to talk about I knew you probably would. Being in Slytherin doesn't necessarily mean you're bad or mean but it is the house most dark wizards are from but don't go around staying that ... Slytherins tend to be ambitious, shrewd, cunning, strong leaders, and achievement-oriented. They also have highly developed senses of self-preservation. My mother was a Slytherin" She paused "Forget I said that about my mother she isn't a good example of a nice or good  Slytherin" "Anyway You can always ask me for help or information I don't mind." Makena smiled.

Makena D

Rae smiled and nodded, but the feeling didn't go away. "My mother abandoned be and never even came to visit. I guess she probably knew I was a witch? Maybe she wasn't a good person. Maybe there's a book in here where we can read about famous Slytherins? And maybe some of them are good?" Rae then shook her head and wiped away a tear that was rolling down her cheek, "I'm sorry, Makena, I don't mean to be all dramatic. I just wish I knew my mom or dad." Rae then looked up and smiled. "Thanks for always being there to help, Kena, I appreciate it." Rae gave her a genuine smile. Makena was so cool, so kind, and so confident. Rae wished she was more like her.

Rae then looked up. "I wonder where Maggie is..." she mused, "I hope she didn't get lost. I had to ask a painting for help!" she laughed, remembering the series of events that lead her here. First she couldn't open her trunk. Then she couldn't get her tie on, and then she asked a talking painting for directions. Hogwarts was a strange and wonderful place, but it just wasn't something Rae was used to yet.

Rae smiled and nodded before talking.
"My mother abandoned be and never even came to visit. I guess she probably knew I was a witch? Maybe she wasn't a good person. Maybe there's a book in here where we can read about famous Slytherins? And maybe some of them are good?"
Rae then shook her head and wiped away a tear that was rolling down her cheek, Makena stood up and sat next next to Rae "Hey it's okay .... if somebody could give you away they are so stupid because you are amazing, and so kind"
"I'm sorry, Makena, I don't mean to be all dramatic. I just wish I knew my mom or dad."
Rae then looked up at Makena and smiled.
"Thanks for always being there to help, Kena, I appreciate it."
Rae gave her a genuine smile. Makena turned to Rae and she gave her a big hug and then she sat back in her seat, "I will always be here for you, you're  my friend." Rae then looked up. 
"I wonder where Maggie is..."
Makena also looked up and towards the door.  Rae mused,
"I hope she didn't get lost. I had to ask a painting for help!"
Rae laughed "haha really that's so weird so did I, I got lost on the stairs and just decided to ask one of the paintings" Makena looked back at Rae "Hey Rae if you ever want to learn more about your parents I would love to help."

Makena D

"I will always be here for you, you're my friend."
In that moment, Rae was eternally grateful to Makena. Even if she was just a sidekick in her life, she'd do it to keep having someone like her as her friend throughout these years at Hogwarts.
"Hey Rae if you ever want to learn more about your parents I would love to help."
Rae looked right at Makena and smiled. "Really? Yes, I would absolutely love that!" And she would, had she had any idea where to start. Her smile faded into a sad, soft grin and she shrugged, "I guess I'll let you know if I get any clues as to who they were."

It was then that Maggie came in, tripped over herself, and then stood up before Rae or Makena could get up to help her. The red-haired girl sat down at the table with them, looking a bit flustered.
"I forgot it was Saturday."
Despite her best efforts, Rae let out a laugh before covering her mouth and apologizing. "Since it is Saturday, we should think about doing something fun! I don't have any homework yet, and there's plenty of places around the school grounds to explore." Rae popped up and wandered over to a nearby shelf, scanning the spines of the books. "I bet one of these books has a map in it."

The way that Rae was able to go from self-pity, to idolization, to eager organization was enough to give most people (especially her muggle parents) emotional whip-lash. But it was the way that Rae was most of the time. She was on or she was off; there was nothing in between.

Noah had just arrived to Hogwarts he was raised by muggles and so he knew hardly anything about the wizarding world so he decided to go to the library to find out more. Noah walked out of his common room in his new robes yellow wasn't really his colour he preferred darker colours but the sorting hat is always right, he walked down a few steps that moved ! Noah was very shocked and he almost fell the first time it moved but luckily he didn't. Finally he walked down a corridor and he found the Library it was amazing there were so many books and the shelves went up so high. Noah walked further into the Library skimming through all the books when one caught his eye 'Quidditch Through the Ages' Noah a knew quidditch was a type of sport in the wizarding world so he picked it and he then looked for a seat but it looked like all the tables were full so he just started leaning against the side of one of the bookcases and he then started reading his book. Noah was stood there reading his book when he heard a familiar sound well a familiar voice, Noah wasn't sure so he shut his book and looked up but he was still leaning against the bookcase, Noah then scanned the room and he saw Makena his old friend from the muggle world. Noah was debating in his head if he should walk over or not she was talking and reading a book with her friends but they were also in Hufflepuff so maybe he would make some new friends, after thinking for a bit Noah decided to walk over to them he stood up from leaning on the bookcase and he started to make his way over to them when an old lady came up and stopped him and started to shout at him for leaning on the bookcases. 'Do you know these bookcases are hundreds of years old hmmm well i bet you didn't....' Noah at first felt bad but he didn't know so it wasn't his problem so he just blocked out what she was saying and he looked down and started reading the book again until the old lady huffed and left. Noah then shut the book and put it back on the shelf then he finally made his way over to the girls. "Well well, hey Shelly." Noah said whilst standing behind them.

Reducio
I hope you guys don't mind me joining in if you do I will go.

Rae scanned over the map with her small fingers, tracing the lines of the ground floor and finding classrooms, the Great Hall, and the Entrance Hall, as well as something called the "Womping Willow" and the Quidditch Training Grounds. It wasn't very detailed, and stilled referred to the basement as "dungeons." While she did not know it at the time, a few of the rooms had been changed since 1945, too, but other than that, the map was correct. The were many labels that seemed rather foreboding to Rae, like "Restricted Section" "Forbidden Corridor" and "Forbidden Forest". In fact, there were many places that it looked like they were simply not allowed to go.

"If we're not allowed to go there, why name them like this? Why not just call them all restricted?" she mused, tapping one of the names.

It was then that a boy in Hufflepuff robes approached them.
"Well well, hey, Shelly."
Rae looked up, confused. She wondered, immediately, who he was talking to and then wondered if he had gotten them confused with some other people.

"Shelly...?" Rae murmured, barely audibly and followed his gaze to Makena. "Makena, do you...?" she asked, thoroughly confused. She glanced between Maggie and Makena and then back at the boy, not sure if she should say something to him or wait for Makena to speak.

Reducio
Oh yeah, I'm okay with it (our characters are in a very public space, haha!) but WHO THE HECK IS SHELLY?

"Really? Yes, I would absolutely love that!"
Rae's smile faded into a sad, soft grin and she shrugged,
"I guess I'll let you know if I get any clues as to who they were."
Makena was going to say something when Maggie came in and tripped over herself, and then she stood up before Rae or Makena could get up to help her. Maggie sat down at the table with them, looking a bit flustered.
"I forgot it was Saturday."
Maggie mumbled and Rae let out a laugh before covering her mouth and apologising.
"Since it is Saturday, we should think about doing something fun! I don't have any homework yet, and there's plenty of places around the school grounds to explore."
Rae popped up and wandered over to a nearby shelf, scanning the spines of the books.
"I bet one of these books has a map in it."
Both Maggie and Makena got up and started helping Rae look for  map.
"Hey! I found a map!"
Maggie said, beckoning them over. It was a map of the castle and the school grounds. Maggie then handed the book over to Rae and Makena also looked at it "Published by wizarding press, printing copyright 1945 wow that was a while ago."
"The first page is a map of the school grounds!"
Maggie said excitedly "Well that was lucky, good find Maggie. So where do you guys want to go ?"
"If we're not allowed to go there, why name them like this? Why not just call them all restricted?"
Rae mused, tapping one of the names. Just as Makena said this she heard a familiar voice behind her. 
"Well well, hey Shelley."
Makena turned around quickly, it was Noah they were friends back in the muggle world.
"Shelly...? Makena, do you...?"
Rae asked looking very confused She glanced between Maggie and Makena and then back at the boy"Noah! Oh my god Hi" Makena said giving Noah a big hug, "Sorry for not introducing you guys Noah this is Rae and Maggie we all met on platform 9 and 3/4. Guys Noah is my friend from the muggle world." Makena paused "Oh the 'Shelley thing yeah that's a stupid nickname Noah gives me because he knows I hate it just ignore him sorry for the confusion." Makena slightly giggled before talking again " So you're a Hufflepuff looks like I have three friends in Hufflepuff now." Makena said with a smile.

Reducio
Haha sorry for Noah confusing you guys its just an inside joke 

Makena D

Reducio
Its fine don't worry about i hope everything is okay . ^^

Makena D