Library

Register
Sign in

Accidental Meets  Pv Aravis Escanora   Over 

Verla walked into the library, hoping she was alone. She glanced at the restricted section, but quickly looked away, a voice said Don't even think about it!
When Verla heard the door open, she looked and saw Aravis in there for some reason, after heeding her brothers warning, she hid behind a bookshelf. She was muttering to herself of something that she couldn't make out. Lake, her other new bowtruckle, peaked out his head, and began running toward Aravis, Verla tried to grab him but Aravis didn't see her.

Then Lake stood in front of her and stuck out his tongue and waved, in a dorky, funny way.

Verla decided he could get lost, she wouldn't look for him, it would be his own fault for not listening when she explained before to stay in her pocket. Verla looked around for a fiction book, and decided to read the Shadowhunter series, she grabbed all eight books, she'd finished it in two months. She thought Haha, you author can't throw nothing at me that I cant finish in a while. She sneered in her head and giggled softly. Verla hoped if Aravis saw her, she wouldn't want to murder her, though last time it didn't seem like that would happen.
Last edited by Verla Harness on 8th June 2018, 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"What cannot be seen, felt, or carried?" Person who gets this right I will donate some money to them.

Aravis entered the library practically fuming in anger. Her older brother had managed to tick her off on accident. It was rare that the two ever fought, but when they did it never ended quickly. Her black hair was halfway up and too messy for her likes. Even though she looked fine to most others, it wasn't how she preferred her hair to be. 

She grumbled about the fight with her brother to herself. "As if I'm the only one with issues, Lucien knows it's not my fault." She said turning towards a different isle. Aravis saw a girl with dark brown hair but didn't recognize her. The girl was practically taking up the whole isle as she grabbed eight books. Aravis cleared her throat to make her presence known. "You're taking up the whole isle. Have you no respect for others who may be looking for books themselves? Honestly people these days." She said with an annoyed huff. She wondered if everyone at the school had a death wish, they all seemed to love annoying Aravis. Of course no one truly was out to get her but she found it annoying. She waited for the girl to turn around of respond. 

I will take what is mine with fire and blood.
"It seems to me that a queen who trusts no one is as foolish as a queen who trusts everyone."

Verla looked at her, and put seven books back. "You're right, I'm sorry." Verla looked down and walked toward a desk by the windows, she didn't have to be so snappy. Verla wondered if Aravis had any friends, and if she did, she felt kind of bad for them. Verla did heed her brothers warning, so she was expecting it. When she'd heard what she was muttering to herself, she thought, it is your own fault for following me in there, I didn't force you to. It was true too.

When Verla looked at the girl, recognized her, she looked back down and said "hey Aravis, have you served detention  yet or did you get out of it?" Verla asked, almost in the snobbish way. She was giving Ara a taste of her own medicine, I hope she chokes on it. Verla had never thought of such a thought before, how rude of her to think such a thing! She felt Lake crawl back into her pocket. She felt bad for getting in trouble with Ara, but she tookk responsibility for her own actions, she felt that if Ara got out of doing it, then she'd gone to detention for both of them, and she would not have that.

"What cannot be seen, felt, or carried?" Person who gets this right I will donate some money to them.

When Aravis saw who was blocking her path she almost exploded. Could her day get any worse?! Then Verla asked about detention and Aravis smiled. "Why yes I did! I thought it was nice to have time to catch up on things. Why would I ever skip it?" She said with her usual snarky tone and a cruel smile. She saw Verla in detention once but figured that the other girl hadn't spotted the pale black haired girl seeing as she entered a minute or so later than everyone else. "You, on the other hand looked as if you were going to cry. Afraid of a bad report or letting down your family?" She said with a laugh and an eye roll. 

She wouldn't skip detention for anything. Aravis stared at Verla for a bit. The girl seemed to have a pitiful look towards Aravis. "What's with that pitiful look? Thinking of your family learning of you serving detention?" She said with a bitter tone that was worse than earlier. She hated when people had a pitiful look around her, it usually meant someone felt bad for someone else. Aravis was taught that pity was a terrible feeling, the again she had also been taught that she should only care for herself.

"It seems to me that a queen who trusts no one is as foolish as a queen who trusts everyone."

This had set her off, so Verla yelled at her "Actually no! My parents don't want me any more! In fact, they told me not to even mention my last name to any one since I now have no parents. So no, I don't care of letting them down when they let me down first." Verla stood up from the desk and walked to one on the opposite of the room as she sniffled and cried out loud now, she let it all out, being unwanted.

The last thing she needed was Aravis ruining her day even more, which is why she moved. She was done talking to the snobbish brat, so if she would get out of her hate shell and actually understand what she just said was wrong, maybe then they could end things on good terms. But if she had a snarky remark, it was the last she'd ever hear of such things. She really didn't need Aravis murdering her, so she left before she said anything else that she would later come to regret. 

Verla wiped her eyes as she sat down and looked down at the ground. She must've looked like a baby to Aravis.

Aravis watched as the girl cried in her corner. She had never been good with people. Unsure of if she should mock the girl or comfort her she stood still watching. Aravis knew what being outcast by your own family felt like. She was also well aware of losing a loved one. She had never met her mother due to her death when Aravis was born. Aravis didn't move toward the girl or away from her. Normally she only made her cousin cry, and at that the two would keep yelling at each other.

Was she supposed to tell the girl to grow up and be mature about it because it could help her in the future? Or was she supposed to comfort her and tell her everything would get better when it never truly would. Aravis knew she couldn't be of help. When she cried over her mothers death people only told her to get over it because she had never even met her mother, or that everything would be alright in the end. Nothing ever truly got better in Aravis's mind. 

"If they did that to you, then they aren't worth your tears." She stated simply. Her tone didn't have any warmth in it but it also wasn't cold or harsh. 

Verla looked at her as a tear slid down her cheek, then she wiped her eyes. Aravis was right, they weren't worth it. But then good memories came to her. "They use to love me so much and now they hate me just because I'm a witch." She set her text book on the desk with a little slam, not loud enough but enough to piss Aravis off about taking care of things, which she expected. But she didn't care. She was surprised that Aravis didn't say anything snobbish, maybe this girl could be nice when she wanted to be. 

"I'm sorry I got you in trouble, I wish things could have ended differently. I thought that we could have been friends." Verla hugged her self and wiped her eyes with her robe to absorb all the water in it. She sniffled again and wiped her nose with the back of her hand, it was gross, but so were a lot of other things. It was her robe any way. 

Verla did feel bad about getting Aravis in trouble, she felt awful actually. With the current events, and the fact that she hadn't seen her best friend in a while, she didn't know how she was going to survive.

Aravis stared at the crying girl with a frown. She couldn't handle people crying whatsoever. It was like her brain sropped working. Not only was Verla just crying, but she apologized for the...incident. Yeah, that one incident Aravis said she was never going to speak of again. Aravis watched Verla unsure of what to say. "Well...the, um, the incident... wasn't all your fault. I don't think you would want to be my friend. I am not a nice giggly person. Although I'm sure Lucien told you that probably." She sighed with a fake smile. She knew that Verla wouldn't want to get anywhere near the black haired girl if she understood what went on in her head. 

"Look, I don't mean this in a bad way but you aren't really...my type of person. By that I mean, you're too nice...I would....I would be a-" She trailed off thinking of the right thing to say. After all she didn't have any intentions to hurt Verla's feelings. "So basically like a bad influence I guess. I'm not a nice person most of the time." She said as she twirled her hair slightly as she normally did when nervous. She hoped she had said everything right.

Verla looked at her startled "why is change such a bad thing? If I'm not your type of person, then why do you sound careful to say the right thing tonnot hurt my feelings? You are a nice person Aravis, you just wont admit it." And with that, Verla wiped her eyes, stood up, and walked back toward the book shelves. Aravis hadn't been super rude to her, so she was a nice person, but it is like she restricted herself from being nice. That evil aunt of theirs must've done it. Took that sweet innocent girl and curled her into a ball to be just the pitch perfect woman she was to become. There are two types of women in this world in Verla's opinion, the kind who wamted to be, and the kind who was opposite of who they wanted to be, until that little speck of who they really want to be comes up then they have two options, embrace it, or make it worde. She hoped Aravis would vhoose to embrace it, she was being nice afterall, so that was her little speck. Verla didn't want to be around when she chose the opposite of what she wanted to be.

Irritated, Aravis huffed a bit at what Verla said. "I'm being carefully because I don't want you to cry again. I despise crying, it show weakness and is one of the times you are most vulnerable. Although... you wouldn't understand. You weren't raised like Lucien and I. I'll give you bad news before he does, we can't tolerate happy go lucky people. He may not say it because he's too soft to say anything regarding our family." She said spitting the words out like venom. The last bit was partially true. Lucien could handle happy people much better than Aravis. She just didn't want to lose the only person she had left to Verla. She wouldn't be able to stand it if Lucien started ignoring her to hang out with another person again.

Soon Aravis found herself back in Summerset Academy. She was talking to Lucien asking why he wasn't hanging out with her. The great white doors of the school opened as children ran out for recess. Almost as soon as a certain girl ran out, Lucien dismissed his own sister and went to hang out with his new friend Amai. Soon after Aravis felt her self move a couple months ahead in her flashback. Lucien was sat on one of the benches crying. His head was buried in his hands to hide the tears. She watched as her 10 year old self hugged Lucien. Only a few words were spoken that day. Aravis remebered them clearly. "She betrayed me, she doesn't want to be friends. I'll never leave your side again Ara. I'll never be close with any one else again." 

Almost as quick as she had fallen into that loop of sadness she pulled her self out of the memory playing over and over in her head. She didn't want Lucien to cry ever again so she did her best to isolate him from people. Aravis sighed before wiping a single tear off her cheek. "You will not be another Amai to him."

"That is not your decision to make. If I want to be friends with him then that's his choice, not yours. Your away from your aunt now so why do you have to continue being someone you're really not? I don't understand." Verla was almost angry now. She hadn't seen Lucien in a while, what happened that made her hate people so much? Until she was told, she'd never understand. Plus, she wssnwa raised the way the two of them have. Tjough she wasn't finished being raised, but she wouldn't have that opportunity ever again.

Verla smiled sadly at the floor, then the grin left when she couldn't find Oliver. He must've snuck out! She began looking on the floor and looked for him as Aravis (probably) ranted behind her.

She sighed as she continued looking for him. This was exactly what she needed. A missing pet. She hoped she coukd find him.aybe Aravis would leave or help her. But she expected her to leave since she seemed like she was ignoring her. She whispered Oliver's name over and over. Trying not to be too loud, she got down on ber hands and knees and looked ubder the book shelf and saw two little legs running. Verla cut him off and gently picked him up and put him in her pocket.

Aravis was rather confused when Verla finished speaking. What did she mean, someone you're really not. It angered Aravis due to how frustrating it was to try and figure out what she meant. 

"I'm fine with you two being friends but if you ever dare to make him cry you'll regret it more than anything." Aravis said bitterly before continuning her words. "And besides, I don't get what you mean by being someone I'm not. This is how I am, and this is how I've always been! For someone who seems to pity herself so much you sure don't know when to leave others alone." The black haired girl said before huffing. Why was Verla so complicated, she barely even knew Aravis but was assuming things like she wasn't being her true self. Perhaps she was right, but only because the things the really went on in her mind were darker. It was like Aravis made herself seem nicer than she really was. Then again there were very few people that Ara actually even liked.

Aravis sighed before calming down a little bit. Maybe she would just avoid the annoying girl for the rest of the year, yeah, that would work. Just act like she's invisible and avoid a judgy person.

"I would never make your brother cry. And I know I'm not you. I'm sorry if I come off as a jerk. But Truth is, I don't want to be who I am. The shyb and gentle and pitiful girl. Maybe you can give mebof few tips on how to get the respect I deserve?" Verla hoped this wouldn't offend her. That was the opppsite actually. She was determined to become friends with this girl. She thought Aravis had true potential do become a good person. Or perhapes she was just right. She should just leave her alone and not make any more contact with her.

Maybe that was what was best for now, to let the girl have some space to think. Though she did feel bad for coming off as a jerk. She just tried to make the girl see she could be a good person without having to change besides changing her words around.

Verla sighed, she looked at herself from the outside. God was she pathetic. She wouldn't be surprised if she was murdered and left in her own rubbish for dead.

Verla now didn't know what to say or what to do. She felt sad...

Aravis watched the girl closely showing no emotion. The black haired girl had one more thing to say before she left Verla. "Maybe you shouldn't be so judgy. You don't know what goes on in my mind. And you don't deserve respect. You haven't done any great things that people should adore you for now have you? If you want to make someone of yourself then change yourself instead f insisting that I'm the one who should change." Her cold icy blue eyes seemed to stare straight through Verla before Aravis turned away from her.

"Why don't you run along and find people like you. The happy go lucky pitiful type. I trust you won't make the mistake of trying to insist I'm not who I act to be anymore. Maybe you'll learn not to be so judgy anymore, after all what you thought of me was completely wrong. Tata, I have better things to do." She said before turning her head slightly towards Verla with a cruel glare that would make her Aunt Farrah proud.

She then turned back towards the door and walked slowly and poised as she had been taught. Despite the fact she was a harsh girl she was very graceful and very good with words. She walked out of the library to look for Lucien once more.