Library

Register
Sign in

An Annoying Visitor  PV Cassie Stone   Closed 

Xeno was sitting at one of the many tables in the library, engrossed in a book. This particular table was tucked away in a small alclove, half hidden from view. Xeno was sitting at the very end of it, back against the corner of the wall. For all the world, he appeared a Ravenclaw, but for his green lined robes and Slytherin badge. The book he was reading was a potions book, detailing the effects of many different concoctions, as well as displaying long lists of strange ingredients, that appeared to react in totally contradictory ways when combined.

Xeno was fascinated by every single aspect of potions making. While he was initially reading the book to help with his homework, he found he had gone just a smidgen off track. Well... Maybe a little more than a smidgen, considering all the worn, leather-bound volumes on the subject piled high on the bench beside him. Originally, they had been on the table, but Xeno had grown worried that the precarious stack might topple over.

The book he was currently reading was at a far higher level than the ones he had started on. Still, he poured over every page, soaking up generations of knowledge like a sponge. The only time he stopped reading was to get another book, or when his long fringe fell in his face, forcing him to pull away and tuck the long strands behind his ear.

Stamina: 5 • Agility: 5 • Strength: 2 • Control: 4 • ArcPower: 10 • Accuracy: 4

Cassie didn't normally go to the library, but she was looking for some books to help her with potions and Defence Against The Dark Arts. 

The short girl wondered around the library for her search. She wasn't very tall so she could only reach a selective amount of books without help. 

As Cassie was walking she saw a half-hidden alcove with a table. Sitting at the table was a fellow Slytherin. He was reading what looked like potion books to her. Maybe she should go talk to him?

Cassie walked over to where he was sitting at the table and without asking sat next to him looking at book. "What are you reading?" She asked. Her light blue eyes scanning the book.

Cassie's pale fair skin made her look older than she was and she had light blue eyes and ebony colored hair, but you could see the ebony coming through in streaks behind the elsctric blue dye in her hair.

The ebony haired girl could be annoying sometimes especially when she was reading people's books that they were reading at that moment. Which is what she was doing to Xeno. Reading the pages of his book while he read.

Cassie Stone

Xeno jumped as he heard a voice beside him. "What are you reading?" Blushing that he hadn't noticed the girl with shockingly blue hair come up beside him, he answered quietly. "Um, a potions theory book." He shifted uncomfortably, not knowing what to make of the blunt girl. He did believe he'd seen her in the common room in passing, as well as at the Slytherin table, but he had never really talked to her.

After a moment of silence, which the blue-haired girl didn't seem to mind at all, while Xeno felt increasingly uncomfortable, he finally decided to speak again. "My name's Xenoxilius Blackthorn, by the way." He spoke quickly, still not used to introducing himself. He cringed inwardly. Hopefully, she heard his long name, and wouldn't ask the dreaded question, "What was that?" Or "I didn't quite hear you, can you repeat that?" He hated repeating himself. It made him feel really awkward, and kind of embarrassed.

His hair fell in his eyes again, and he swiped it aside, resisting fidgeting as she read over his shoulder. Although he felt like a bad person just for thinking so, he had definitely labelled her as rude in his head.

Cassie frowned. Cassie, nice going, now the kid probably thinks you are rude. She thought. Sometimes she was unbelievably rude and that wasn't a good thing either. She didn't care if she was violating his personal space. "Cool. I actually came to get a potions book. Nice to meet you Xenoxilius. I'm Cassie stone." The girl said a bit loudly. Then she quited herself. Not once did she consider to apologize. In her mind her actions weren't as rude as they seemed to other people. So she thought she had nothing to apologize for.

Cassie looked at him scooted away from him giving him a couple inches of personal space. Frowning she looked down at the table. He seemed uncomfortable and she didn't know how to fix it. She started thinking. Books were a wonderful thing when she felt like reading them and she happendd to be in a room full of them. "What are your favorite kind of books? Mine are mysteries. I also like potions. What are your favorite subjects. Do I talk a lot? People say I talk a lot. I'll be quiet now." She stopped rambling. She always asked a lot of questions and said a lot of words.

Cassie Stone

Xeno was relived when it turned out the girl - Cassie - had heard him correctly, and he wouldn't have to repeat himself. After a few seconds, she moved away from him, and while he was internally relieved, he felt a little nervous. Why did she move? Was she disgusted by him somehow? Why did she look at him like that?

A few more moments of awkward silence passed, and Xeno bit his lip, eyes flitting between looking at his hands and looking at Cassie, trying to gauge her opinion of him. Then, seemingly out of nowhere, she blurted out a stream of questions. "What are your favorite kind of books? Mine are mysteries. I also like potions. What are your favorite subjects. Do I talk a lot? People say I talk a lot. I'll be quiet now."

Xeno blinked, trying to process what she'd said. "Um, I like books to do with magic most of the time. Adventure stories, and fantasies, as muggles call them, even though a lot of the supposedly surreal, impossible things are real." Xeno spoke slowly, deliberately, forcing himself to think over every word he said. He didn't want to stumble over them. "As for subjects, I like potions and defence the best so far. And you don't talk that much, don't worry." It was true, she didn't speak that much. She just spoke really fast and over-enthusiastically.

Cassie smiled. Adventures were another one of her favorite genres of books. Magic, and fantasies weren't one of her favorite genres. She lived in a world with magic and fantasies just weren't interesting to her. He liked potions and DADA too. They had a bit in common. Though she wasn't sure if he was just saying she didn't talk to much just to make her feel better or if he was serious. Cassie did have an annoying habit of talking to fast. Maybe taking more time on breathing instead of rattling off as many words she possibly could at once. 

"Yes, I do have a habit of speaking fast. I'll try to slow down. I think I might have been a tiny bit annoying for just interrupting your reading and sitting right next to you, but only a tiny bit." She face palmed. ,I did it again. She thought. Why did she always talk so fast? It was unclear to her, but hopefully he wouldn't tell her to be quiet, or go away.

Cassie looked back over at his book then back at the table and twirled a strand of bright blue hair around her right pointer finger. She did this when she was bored, thinking, or nervous.

Cassie Stone

Xeno smiled. Although he could see how Cassie might be a bit annoying sometimes, he found he liked her quirky personality. "It's fine. If you want, you can read some of those books," Xeno gestured to the pile on the bench next to him, "They're really interesting." He heaved the pile back onto the table, splitting it in two so it wouldn't fall. He pushed them far enough away from him them that he could rest his book on the table, but not so far that they couldn't reach them. Flipping to the next page of his book, he started reading, glancing up at Cassie every now and then to see what she was doing.

The section of the book he was reading was really interesting. It was about how and why different potions ingredients reacted with each other. This whole section was dedicated to basilisk parts, and why they were so sought after, and so notoriously hard to use. The venom in particular Xeno found interesting. Especially when it was mixed with phoenix tears, or other light creature ingredients. Sometimes it reacted softly, while other times it could explode violently, or rapidly boil until the air around it was hot enough to burn you.

Cassie looked at Xeno then to the books he had put into the table. She looked at all the books. They were about potions. In the stack she found the potion book she was looking for. Cassie picked it up and sat it down in front of her. She looked at Xeno and saw he was reading again. She took that as a hint to stop talking. So she did and went back to looking at the book. She wasn't exactly in the mood to read, but she guessed she could read it. 

The blue haired girl opened the book and began to read the book.Potions was an interesting topic, but she didn't like to read or sit still for very long for that matter. She was ADHD and hated sitting still in one place. As she read she drummed her fingers on her knee. It wasn't much movement but it would suffice for now. Until she could get up and go out side or just walk through the castle.

Cassie could see Xeno looking to see what she was doing every now and then. She looked at him and smiled then went back to reading and trying to sit still.

Cassie Stone