Library

Register
Sign in
  Back

Bet you can't read  Abandoned 

Eri looked at him and sighed. She put the book back. "Fine, I'll go. Well, I guess that is rational, but I'm not the stubborn one. Am I?" She gave him a quizzical look. She gave up acting like she was going to ignoring everything. Eri walked towards him making it look normal as she tried not to limp. Maybe she could try to run again? It would hurt, but he said he never wanted to do it again. "If I run could you catch up?" The brunette knew it was a stupid idea to try to run with a sprained ankle, but she was to stubborn to back down.

The brunette forced another smile and walked past him. She sat the library books that were in her satchel on the return cart. Now she could run better. She made sure the satchel would not fly around and she looked at him. Her eyes sparkled with mischeif like she was planning something. Maybe she was a bit to stubborn for her good. She looked at him then back at her ankle. It would be fine. She will get it fixed later. "Well, I think I can still run. So let's go." She turned but hadn't ran off yet. This was stupid.

{Dreams stay dreams until you make them reality.'}Eri Windstone. STR:10 AGI:7 CNT:5 STM:4

Emmett mouthed 'what' and frowned in confusion. Of course he was stubborn when it came to this. What kind of a person would let someone who was hurt just be, read books in the library like nothing really happened and pretend to not understand what was going on. The boy eyed her for a while, his brains still processing what she had said.

"I don't-" he started but in vain. He tried to get words out, but it all fell down as he just tilted his head looking for an answer from her. Was the pain so big that he had lost her mind? Who knows, might be. Eri looked like a loony to him.

"What? No! You're not going to run. Are you seeking more pain?" he uttered in total disbelief. She had gone nuts in his books. Was she trying to hurt herself for some purpose? No matter how hard he thought about it, he didn't find any other reasons than a bloated ego. Even more bloated than what was his own. She had sprained her ankle, had blisters in her feet and they were cramping. And she wanted to run.

When she flashed that face of mischief, there was no response from Emmett. No response other than a serious face, still as troubled as ever. When she expressed her plans to race him again, he grabbed her satchel and tried to slowly drag her back. "Idiot, you've lost it completely. Even I don't have a pride that high. You won the race, okay? Just don't run anymore, you have a freaking sprained ankle." he tried to explain slowly, but only stumbled over his words. Even his sentences were clumsy. Letting her satchel go, instead he walked in front of her so she couldn't run past him.

"Don't even try. I'm apparently forced to actually drag you I see." he said sternly, knitting his eyebrows closer together.

It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop.

Eri rolled her eyes. "I don't seek more pain. No I didn't win. I just.... I-"  She frowned and sighed. "I don't like to show weakness. Okay, it's not my pride. It's just a fear I have." She purposefully didn't tell him the fear. She never tried to show weakness in fear that whoever saw it would leave her. Just like her parents did when she was born.

Eri shook her head. "I probably lost it. Actually you won. I can walk still right? So why don't we just... never mind let's go before I change my mind again" She sighed and ignored the fact he grabbed her satchel. 

Eri knew she couldn't always act like she had no weakness. It was just a character flaw. She was to stubborn to show she was hurt. 

Eri looked at him as he blocked her path. That was a good thing. She probably would've tried to run again. "At least you are smart enough to correct my stubborn mind. I probably would have bolted before you grabbed my satchel." Eri smiled and walked around him. "Are you going to come or am I going to have to go by myself to the hospital wing?"

{Dreams stay dreams until you make them reality.'}Eri Windstone. STR:10 AGI:7 CNT:5 STM:4

Emmett didn't understand what she was trying to say. Girls were all so complicated, he had a trouble resonating with them. Once she revealed that she didn't like to show weakness, he still didn't think it was enough of a reasoning. Why was limping seen as a weakness, when it was an accident anyway? It wasn't like she broke down crying on him.

"Well you have to get over that fear before you hurt yourself even more." Emmett raised his brow. He seemed to be a bit unfriendly now, dismissing her fear like that. In reality he just wanted to help in the most odd way possible. Showing that he cared about her health in a way that would probably hurt her emotionally.

"It was a tie.." he sighed under his breath, before following her as she exited the scene. "You know that you're weird, right?" he said out of the blue, blinking a few times before closely following her steps to see if she even dared to try and run again. Emmett didn't trust her very much, especially after she revealed that she would be somewhere in the corridors, laying on the floor right now had he not stopped her.

It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop.
  Back