Library

Register
Sign in

Lithe  PV Roxanna Phillips   Closed 

Lithe /līT͟H/, adj: (especially of a person's body) thin, supple, and graceful.
Leaning forward comfortably, almost effortlessly on her forearms, Ami kept herself in a plank, reading through a new novel she had plucked fresh off the shelf that morning. Her earbuds in, and in the back behind the last row of shelves, Ami expected herself not to be disturbed that Sunday morning. The timer on her phone went off, and she reset it, turning onto her side to switch into a side plank.

This had been a morning workout ritual ever since Ami was six; every Sunday, the entire morning would be dedicated to burning away the unnecessary fat and calories she'd accumulated over the week. This way, Ami's thin and limber frame was slightly deceiving- she was a rather strong girl, armed with well-toned muscles and quick feet.

Speaking of quick feet, Ami realized she hadn't sparred anyone for weeks, months, now. She was getting out of practice, and there wasn't anything she could do about it. Well, she could practice on her own, but that was no fun. Maybe she could find someone who would be willing to spar with her...

Her timer went off again, and Ami switched to her other side. Sighing, she flipped the page of her book, continuing to read, until she heard a voice in her ear, apparently talking to her.

esse quam videri
STA: 2 | AGI: 4 | STR: 7 | CTL: 6 | ArcP: 4 | ACC: 7

"Hey," Roxanna said to the girl with auburn hair. "Ami, right? I remember you from astronomy class. Care if I join you?" Ami merely nodded, and Roxanna thought that it was as if she was annoyed.

Surely, I didn't annoy her? Roxanna fretted. One of her greatest weaknesses was the fear of being judged. After all, she was a Pisces, the most "oversensitive" type in the zodiacs. Bother! Who cares whether she likes me or not? Sighing, she set down the pile of books she had been carrying onto the table.

Then, accidentally dropping a book, she arched down to pick it up. Instead, she had bumped into the table during the process of picking up her book, and stacks of book collapsed into a mess.
Oh no! It was as if suddenly everything turned into slow motion as she picked up every single book in mid air before it turned into a catastrophe.
Phew, Relief washed over her as she placed her books back on the table.
Guess my agility hasn't staled yet. she thought with glee. Yet, worry returned on her face when she realized, the fact that, her speed and stamina will eventually decrease. After all, it was Hogwarts, School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, not Hogwarts, School of Sportscraft and Actionry

I need to be able to somehow train my agility while in school!

Don't let insecurity ruin the beauty you were born with.

"Nice catch," Ami said, whistling in admiration. She didn't know if even she could've caught the books that quickly. "Good morning, Roxanna," Ami added in greeting. Roxanna Phillips. Yes, Ami thought she might be in her Astronomy class... although it was a little hard to tell in the dim light up on the tower at that time of night. Ami smiled to herself, letting her name bounce around her head. So many nicknames could be derived from that- Roxy, Anna, Roxanne, Roxa, Xanna... and all she got stuck with was boring old Ami.

"What brings you to my quiet little corner?" she joked, although the corner was anything but hers. It was, however, both quiet and little, and no one really came back here, especially on Sunday mornings at 8 in the morning, which was exactly what Ami needed. "Shouldn't you be asleep?" she added, poking fun at all their classmates still asleep in their warm and cozy beds.

At that moment, her timer went off. Turning it off, Ami stood up, stretching out her back from remaining in plank for so long. Checking off the exercise on the slightly crumpled sheet of paper, Ami smiled as she realized she'd finished her workout for that morning. Excellent.

esse quam videri

Interesting... Roxanna thought as like always, she observed someone. Ami seemed to have a Yorkshire accent, yet she seemed more American based off of her accent and the way she dressed. She remembered the times whenever an American traveled to England to either visit family or just simply travel. Must be half American, half English. She though with a smile, until she realized that Ami was talking to her.
Quickly, she laughed it off and muttered, "Yeah, I know right?" This was always the way Roxanna responded whenever she didn't hear what someone way saying to her. When Ami seemed confused, a pool of thoughts raced through her mind.
Oh no! She must hate me now because I didn't hear what she said! She must want to murder me! She must never want to see me again! She must- Ami simply laughed at the situation and continued her exercises and reading. She felt embarrassed at herself and wanted to say sorry, but she had a gut feeling that she was going to make the stupid moment even stupider if she said sorry.
"What brings you to my little corner?" Ami had asked jokingly. Roxanna smiled smoothly and simply said, "Oh! You know, just chilling and wondering what I'm going to do with life." Although Roxanna seemed cool in the outside, she felt like a total mess in the inside.
Then, Ami asked if she should be asleep or not. "I am an early bird after all, if you know what I mean," She smiled. Suddenly, Ami's timer went off, and she was standing up to leave. As she was preparing to leave, Roxanna said, "Wait!"

"Wait!" Roxanna called as Ami turned to leave. She'd been meaning to take a shower back in the Hufflepuff common room and dormitory (because, um, hello? She just finished a workout? And she smelled worse than horse manure?), but she stopped at Roxanna's sudden exclamation. She froze, her book bag already on her shoulder, inexplicably apprehensive. Had she done something wrong? Had she offended Roxanna in some way unbeknownst to man? Gosh, why did humans have to be so complicated?

"Um... yeah?" she asked slowly, confused. She tugged on the hem of her shirt, clearing her throat. "Did I- you- I dunno, maybe even both of us- forget something?" she prompted, setting her book bag back down on the ground. Gosh, this stuttering had to stop. Tucking her loose hairs behind her ears, she readjusted her ponytail, separating it into two parts then pulling gently to tighten it.

Suddenly thirsty, she reached into her bag and took out her water bottle, chugging down some sweet, sweet, H2O. She closed her eyes in delight as she finished off what was left in her bottle, and she closed the lid, she tucked it back into her bag and shifted it back onto her shoulder again, grabbing her checklist off the table. 

esse quam videri

Sorry for late reply!
"Well..." she stammered. She felt stupid; why did she even say wait? When Ami had stood up, she had a reluctance of being alone.
"I--I-I..." she began. "Miss fighting!" At this point, she only wished that she had the Cloak of Invisibility, or maybe even the Memory Charm. "I'm... sorry!" She spluttered. "Sorry," she said, as she managed a shaky laugh. "I'm just not really used to... well, talking." She felt ashamed to open up about her social awkwardness, but it was the only way to save herself from further embarrassment.
"Growing up, I had always been scared of talking to people, so what I just said was just when I was in panic; meaning that I didn't really mean what I said." She took a gulp of air, as if she couldn't live without that one breathe. "Well, on the contrary, I do miss fighting, or sparring as I usually call it." She laughed. "I guess that I missed it so much that sparring was the first thing that came into my mind." It was strange, she was opening up to a stranger, and she wasn't even from Slytherin. Although it was true, it felt good to talk to someone about it, since it did boost her self confidence knowing that someone knew her true self.
"Oh! Sorry, I digressed. Well, I was wondering, do you want to hang out sometime? I know it's kind of weird since we don't really know each other, but maybe we could get to know each other?" Roxanna felt shocked with herself. She had never talked so smoothly or confidently to a person other then her friends and father before. It was a good start.

Reducio
Sorry, irl bull I have to deal with is gonna make my replies as slow as molasses.

Ami blinked. Her? Lame-o Ami Procoppio? Hang out with someone other than the characters in her books? Unbelievable. She really was growing up. Thomas would be so proud of her. "Sparring," Ami sighed fondly, feeling nostalgic for her trips to her dad’s military base. Oh, all the actually useful skills she learned there... "Yeah, I miss it, too. Hogwarts and all of its stupid non-violent rules. Have they even seen the damage wands can do? Sparring is a much more effective and useful skill to learn. Self-defense, too."

Gathering all of her things, she said, “Here, let me go take a shower quick. I smell like crap- I’ll meet you back here in say… thirty minutes?” Yeah, thirty minutes should be enough time. Taking any longer wouldn't be very good for the environment, would it? “I’ll be right back,” she promised, and hurried away to her Hufflepuff common room and dorms to shower and change.
Twenty-eight minutes later…
Midmorning found Ami hurrying into the Library, lugging a small duffel bag with her. She paused, setting the bag down, and looking around for Roxanna. "Roxanna?" she called out. "You there?"

esse quam videri