Library

Register
Sign in

The Restricted Section  Abandoned 

When she saw the coast was clear, she snuck into the restricted section. She needed help finding something, knowing she wouldn't find it, it didn't hurt to look. Plus, she always wondered what was in this section. She hoped no one would come in here too. She had no good excuse, plus she would stutter and open her mouth with no words coming out like a freak. She found one book that she remembered seeing the spell in. She unlocked it and opened the door. It was an old textbook that had one of the student's hand writing of how to actually do it. 
The spell she knew was in it, along with dozens of other created ones. She heard the door open and she closed it quickly, taking the book with her, locked it, and ducked past a shelf and hid from the person coming in. When she looked, hoping it wasn't a teacher, it was a student. Now she was nervous, and she made herself invisible, though she didn't move, hoping they wouldn't bump into her. She read her book silently and began to walk the other direction from the person, hoping they wouldn't notice her walking away.

"What cannot be seen, felt, or carried?" Person who gets this right I will donate some money to them.

Aravis was heading to the library looking for another book on dragons and serpents. She opened the door to the library searching for the book. Upon entering she saw a girl in the restricted section. The girl vanished as quickly as Aravis had seen her. Aravis ducked around a few of the shelves. She moved carefully and silently. However when she reached the restricted section she didn't dare go in, she wouldn't risk losing house points looking for someone. "I know you're there. I saw you when I burst through the door." Noticing that the door was now locked she turned behind her. Aravis sighed thinking she possibly imagined something. 

She went back to looking for her book. She walked the direction she was facing that was mostly towards the door. She realized she wasn't imagining anything when she tripped over something she didn't see. She turned around quickly not seeing anything. She took out her wand ready if anything came at her. "My father can sue you, don't you know! I could easily say you were in the restricted section. Reveal yourself now" Aravis said a little bit scared of who might be lurking around. She stood up quickly and looked all around her. Aravis's wand was pointed in every direction as she frantically turned towards the area she tripped.

I will take what is mine with fire and blood.
"It seems to me that a queen who trusts no one is as foolish as a queen who trusts everyone."

Crap!  She thought. She didn't reveal herself, she knew she'd get in bigger trouble than needed. When she was hidden, she opened her bag and pulled out her invisibility cloak from her grandma. And she ran out the door. The last she needed was to get sued by a Slytherin. She never liked Slytherin house, they seemed to think they were above everyone else. She thought of a little joke to pull, she made sure that the cloak didn't move behind her, she snuck up behind the Slytherin, and yelled "BOO!" and ran out the door while letting out a little cackle. There was no way she knew who Verla was, her grandma had given her the cloak when she was little, she had made it herself. 
Her bowtruckle laughed out loudly. She covered his mouth as she ran from the restricted section. When she thought the coast was clear, she sat down and smirked and began reading the book she had taken. No one would notice an old text book missing. but then she read who the last person to use it was "In property of the Half Blood Prince" funny, she'd never heard of such a title before.

"What cannot be seen, felt, or carried?" Person who gets this right I will donate some money to them.

"BOO!" The voice yelled behind Aravis. Instead of jumping in fear Aravis whipped her head around and started casting hexes left and right. If anything she knew some pretty nasty spell should she need to use them. The door opened and Aravis chased after hexing left and right before slowing down to catch her breath. After a while Aravis continued her search for the mystery person. "I am Aravis Escanora a pure blood descendant of House Haven-Escanora and I will NOT be humiliated by some invisible person!" She repeated this over and over. Had her Aunt heard of the incident she would have sent a Howler to Aravis. She repeated it, and repeated it, over, and over again all the way down the corridors. 

And then she got lucky. She dropped a book she had been carrying. The book slid, hit something that wasn't there and then slid back towards her. Aravis smiled to herself and aimed her wand at the place. "Rictusempra, Tarantallegra!" She yelled casting the charm and the curse perfectly hand movement and all. "Now reveal yourself and I'll make the Tickling charm and the dancing spell both stop. I won't turn you in or else I could be blamed for what you've done as well!" 

"It seems to me that a queen who trusts no one is as foolish as a queen who trusts everyone."

She easily dodged the girls hexes, and she used the incantations of both of them. She poked her head out and looked at the girl startled. "You were humiliated? I humiliated a Slytherin, wait until everyone hears this. Oh, Verla Harness is the name, from Hufflepuff. You really should work on your targeting when you're hexing people, you could have hit one of the shelves." She giggled and took the cloak off, revealing her whole body. She put the cloak back in her bag, along with the book she hid from her. 
"I was only browsing too, I always wondered what was in there, nothing to creepy, besides one book that caught my attention. Anyway, pleased to meet you, sorry for startling you, I'm normally not like that." She extended a hand in front of her, which reminded her of when Draco extended his hand to Harry when they first met. Who knows, maybe becoming friends with a Slytherin wasn't such a bad thing anyway. Though she kept to herself that she had half blood, it was nothing to brag about any way. Having half wizard and half muggle blood made her think of the mean word people called them. Mudbloods. 

"In case you are deaf I'll repeat it once more. I will NOT be humiliated by an invisible person. There is a fine difference between will and was. You haven't humiliated me, you've only angered me. My target was invisible so it's not like I had a clue where to aim. I only missed by a smidgen." The other girl explained herself and then extended a hand. Aravis was unsure whether to take it or not. Was this girl prepared for what befriending Aravis could bring? She stared at the hand and then glared at Verla. A voice rang through her head. 'You need to make friends Aravis. People that will follow you or admire you. You need to demand respect.' The voice was her Aunt Farrah's. Aravis held her hand out and shook the other girls hand. 

"I know nothing about you but I guess it wouldn't hurt to try. I'm Aravis, Aravis Escanora. You've probably seen me in The Daily Prophet. I believe the headlines were 'Young member of the House Haven-Escanora plans snake attack on muggles' or maybe it was 'Pure-Blood Aravis Escanora threatens muggles with pet snake.' Both are false but my family is quite hated on there." She basically spat the words out letting go of the other girl's hand. She had no clue how to be friendly but maybe the hufflepuff could help her mental state some.

"Too be quite honest, I did humiliate you because you waved your wand like a maniac. And I also don't read the Prophet much,  I only read books, the newspaper is a bit boring to me, though no one can see why. So you're a direct descendant? That's cool, I'm only a direct descendant from parents who don't want me." Verla caught the interest in her bowtruckle and he poked his head out from the inside of her hair and starred at the girl, no knowing whether or not to trust her, she was a Slytherin, though you can't judge a book by its cover. "I read about your aunt on there once though, she seems like a mean women, no offense, she just seems strict, or nasty, I don't know. Not my place to talk about her." She hoped Ollie didn't scare her, or startle her. She hid the book carefully in her bag, inside of her cloak, making sure it wasn't exposed or noticable. She began to walk away as if nothing happened, then she sat down and began to hum, just to see what she would do. She probably thought she was a bit absurd if anything.

"I waved my wand shooting hexes at something invisible, some bad things have happened in this school before so I would rather not have it happen again. It was self defense." Aravis said before noticing the bowtruckle. She had always found bowtruckles to be adorable. Verla walked away and began to hum. Aravis figured it was normal, her younger brother Maven did that all the time.Instead of getting suspicious Aravis sat down beside her rather calmly. "Well you're right about my Aunt. She is a vile cruel woman, my uncle is just as bad. Also on another note, your bowtruckle is adorable. I've always been interested in those creatures." Aravis did very much like to study them. She loved learning how the bowtruckles interacted with everything. 

Aravis sat there with Verla for a few more minutes and discovered even though she had not liked her at first that she was actually a rather nice person. "Do you like potions? Did you know that if you crush the Sopophorous bean with flat side of a silver dagger that it releases the juice better than cutting it? My mother taught me. One time she found a book with better instructions from someones notes in it. She copied it down with a quill so I have a somewhat similar version. However she told my father she left certain bits out. She said those bits were dangerous. I heard that the original copy is right through those doors in the restricted section." The dark haired girl said while pointing at the library.

Now she was getting somewhere and she felt happy about it. "I'm sorry about your your aunt and uncle. And thank you, his name is Oliver, I have a fanatic for magical creatures and drawing them. I suppose potions are alright, I read that in that book too. In fact, that's what I was in there for" Verla said and opened her bag and showed her the book she had taken. "I had once heard a spell once, I don't know where I heard it, but I found it in this book, it's one of the new spells that was created by The Half Blood Prince. Whoever that is." Verla kind of giggled, she had something in common with this girl already, they knew the same book. Oliver looked at Aravis kind of funny, but he gave her a slight and polite smile, showing that she was okay, and he said "HI!" to her and waved. Every time someone said that they liked her companion, or bowtruckles in general, he automatically liked them and would do anything to see them laugh at him. Whether it was a little dance, or a few tricks or trying to speak, it always worked. 

Aravis giggled at the bowtruckle. "Adorable." She said simply with a smile. "My Mother left out that spell in her copy of it. She said it was a wicked curse that shouldn't be used on anyone. I want to learn it in all honesty but I'm too young. My mother said that the half blood prince taught potions years ago, although I'm not sure which professor it could have been. That's pretty cool that you were hear for the book. I had wanted to see it but I don't want to risk losing house points. My house would probably kill me if I lost points." She joked with a laugh, rolling her eyes at the last bit. She found that she Verla was more similar to her than she knew. They both like bowtruckles, and both new the same restricted books. "My brother is really good with magical creatures. Well, my youngest brother Maven that is. He is too young to attend for now. My other brother who is here prefers Herbology and potions. I guess I'm decent at potions- I got an O so that says something." Aravis had a tendency to talk out of turn, which is what she was doing now. She had a hard time staying quiet unlike her brothers.

Verla listened respectfully and nodded. "I think the professor was Severus Snape, but I'm not too sure. The sectumsempra spell is kind of bad to use, it's supposed to act as a sword slashing at people, Snape also made an incantation for it too. I got an O on an assignment once, I was glad because it got my overall academic grade up to an A, which I don't mind for, I was so happy when I saw it though. I can't wait for next year for the care of magical creatures, I feel I'll be very good at it. I also don't see why muggle studies are so important, I mean, I'm a half blood so people could just ask. Oh well," Verla shrugged, she couldn't remember if she'd passed her potions class or not, but she was mad when she failed her flying class assignment, she didn't understand how she could have failed the one class that was one time and super easy. She almost wanted to beg for another chance, but begging became pestering, and if she learned anything from her parents, it gets you no where besides maybe a punch in the face for being so annoying. 

The library at Hogwarts was not one that Sorrel liked. It was too small for her standards, even though many claimed it was one of the greatest libraries in the world. It simply didn't have enough books about Herbology, which was the only subject that Sorrel cared to read about. There wasn't anybody in the small herbology section, and the bushy haired professor found herself smiling slightly as she flipped through various out dated books. The books might have been old, but they were the only thing that reminded Sorrel of home, in the lush forests of Brazil. Castelobruxo was no Hogwarts though. The Brazilian Castle was nicer, and had books that were updated.

Lost in her book, the Professor hummed to herself. It was peaceful in the section of the library, far back. Close to the roped off restricted section, which was quiet, as it should be. No students dared linger by the section, especially with a Professor nearby. Even one as tame as Sorrel Wright was. Deeply intrigued by her book, even though half of the information was false.

The silence was deafening, so Sorrel heard when two students started screaming out advanced hexes. Wondering why two older students were immature enough to fight in the wings of the library, Sorrel stood up from the small desk she had been occupying and slammed her book down. These students were so stupid. Why couldn't they act their age, instead of like 11 year olds?

Walking through the shelves, Sorrel paused at the entrance to the Restricted Section. The cause of the commotion was two first year girls, both yelling spells. One had a cloak over her, but was clearly visable. Even though she seemed to think it was an invisibility cloak. The other girl was going along with the child's pretend game, and Sorrel would of thought it a simple game of children, if it wasn't for the hexes and spells being yelled and the look on both girl's faces. They were first years, so her earlier anger about older children acting like babies faded away.

Why were first years in the restricted section hurling spells at each other? Spells that first years shouldn't be able to know. Honestly, the children at this school were just insane. Why would Mellowrose teach these children such jinxs? Leonie wouldn't ever do that. She was smarter than that.

Both of the girls didn't notice Sorrel, although the woman towered over them. To truly prove their insanity, both children moved on from the topic of spells and hating eachother, then talked about homework. Sorrel served the girls, catching a glimpse of a book that clearly belonged to the restricted section of the library. Not in the hands of two incapable 11 year old girls with death wishes. At least they hadn't started with the killing curses yet.

Mentally tallying everything the two girls had done wrong--there was a long list--Sorrel took a deep breath and stalked over to the table the two girls were. Her shyness faded away, as the professor of Herbology looked onto the two girls with a displeased expression. Nobody who ruined the silence in a library to fight and steal was worthy of sympathy from her.

She couldn't remember the names of the two children, but she looked upon them with distaste. "Students may only check out a book from this section if they have a note of permission from a teacher. Stealing books from the Restricted section is frowned upon. ." Without waiting for an answer, Sorrel kept talking. She knew none of her colleagues would be stupid enough to give an 11 year old a book about dangerous spells. Not even Cazarez would do that. And that was saying something.

"Not only have you stolen a book, you've also been fighting in the library. I'm sure your heads of house would love to hear about this. ." Sorrel hoped her words scared the children. Leonie was quite scary, as was Lear. At least, they could be scary to pupils.

"I think dentition is in order for both of you. And 30 points removed from each of your houses for using dangerous spells outside of class and stealing books. I shall leave the rest of the verdict to your heads of houses, respectively." God. Couldn't there be any sane children at this school?

She would have to tell Leonie and Solomon about this, and that would mean going to their offices. Lovely. Wishing again that apperation worked in the school, Sorrel frowned at the two children. They seemed to be silent. Perhaps they had something to say to her?

Reducio
((Hello ladies, I would like to remind you that your characters are in their first year, and should not know a wide array of hexes and jinxs. Even if they are pure-blooded, they simply would not have the magical ability for that. And, as for having an invisibility cloak, to have one in game, you must spend 100 gallons. Which I do not think you have, Verla. It is simply not fair to be able to turn invisible. Not to the other rpers. Once you have earned 100 gallons and bought the cloak in game, then you can rp with it. But until then, please refrain from using this.))

Sorrel Wright
hopeless chocolate addict & head of gryffindor house. tarapoto tree-skimmers fan.

Aravis hung her head down low. Miss Wright was her favorite professor and the least scary. If getting caught by her was this scary she was afraid of how Miss Scheinburg would react. She sent a glare over towards Verla. Aravis knew she should have told someone about it. Aravis looked up at Sorrel sadly feeling guilty for not having told anyone. 

"I am deeply sorry Miss Wright. I knew I should have told someone when I saw Verla in the restricted section. I didn't go in but I am the one responsible for the tickling hex and the dancing curse. I figured those ones were harmless and I just wanted to catch the culprit." Aravis had planned on telling someone that Verla was in the section but had planned to 'befriend' her first so she would reveal who she was but Miss Wright had caught her before she could fulfill her plan. Now slytherin really would kill her for loosing 30 points. 

"I know that some bad things have happened in this castle so I used what I knew. I was scared that something bad would happen and it would be my fault for letting it get away. I hadn't thought of the consequences of using the hex and curse." Aravis was truly afraid  of what would happen. Would she be expelled? Would something even worse happen? She wished she had just left the situation and told someone rather than take it on herself. 

Reducio
Sorry about the hex and curse I figured they were simple and wouldn't harm anyone when used.

Verla sat with shock, her mouth a bit open, her eyes wide. She had no words. "I didn't use it, professor, I simply heard and saw it and wanted to know more about it because I'd never heard of it before. I'm deeply sorry." Verla looked down as she handed the book back to the professor. She was always shy, she shouldn't have opened herself up to this school, or anyone in it. She bit her bottom lip and began walking away and slightly crying. She sniffled as she thought of losing house points, people had worked hard for it and now it would be gone. She felt horrible, but she took responsibility for her actions and dealt with the consequences. 
She kept walking until she was out of the library and into the hall way. She'd gotten what she wanted and more, so she didn't really care much. Plus, she'd made a new friend, she thought. She then began to sob, what a waste of life she was, wasting points and risking such things like that. Now everyone would hate her for what she'd done. She could lose her friends for this. She now just gave every reason for people to pick on her.