Library

Register
Sign in

All These Shelves, and There's No Fiction  Aban. 

Sophie giggled at the redhead. "Tryna find some fiction? You can find a whole bunch in a few sections down.." Sophie would say, walking up to her. 
Sophie herself was a nerd, and loved Muggle books. Of course, she went to a muggle school for years, while her mum and dad worked. But now, her mum had quit, and her father worked. 
"There's this section dedicated to a lot of Muggle books too! Uh, if you can find it... There is never any way to know how to find books. Not even a list! You'd think with all the Ravenclaws, Nerdy Hufflepuffs and Gryfs, that someone would leave a list with the books. Its so much easier with Muggle equipment. And besides, I need a lot of books about the dark arts, and wandlore!" Realizing she had gone into a ramble, without knowing who the other girl was, and not introducing herself, Sophie swiftly recovered from her rudeness.
"Anyway, I'm Sophie Murphy, A Gryffindor, a nerdy one to be exact! I was supposed to be in Ravenclaw, and Hufflepuff, and somehow... Slytherin. The worst house." Sophie giggled. She knew it was bad to call Slytherins the worst, because her father himself, happened to be in Slytherin when he was growing up, but he is very ambitious, so it wasn't too badly off. Maybe the sorting hat was right.

Goodbye lovelies!

Ami blinked, slightly alarmed at how fast the girl talked. She quickly went over the information she'd been fed in her head (Fictions was a few sections down, with Muggle books in it, but there's no sorting system {she'd be able to fix that quickly, if the librarian would let her}; the girl's name was Sophie Murphy {sweet 'rph' combination in the last name, you didn't see that too often} and she was in Gryffindor; she thought Slytherins were terrible).

"Ami," she said firmly, sticking her hand out- no fluff and chatter, but all business. "Could you show me the fiction section? I finished all the books I brought from home already, and I need some new reading material before I lose my mind in this place." Although on the outside, Ami decided she looked as calm and cool as a socially-adept cucumber, if you noticed the small signs (slightly sweaty palms, but cold back-of-hand, twitching eyelid, held breath), you'd be able to tell she was freaking out on the inside.

Truth be told, Ami was most definitely not as calm, cool, and collected as a socially-adept cucumber; in fact, she was as far away from it as you could get. Social interaction freaked her out (one of the main reasons she was homeschooled every other year), but she desperately wanted- no, needed a new book.

esse quam videri
STA: 2 | AGI: 4 | STR: 7 | CTL: 6 | ArcP: 4 | ACC: 7

Sophie swiftly Shook Ami's hand. Her eyes traveled to the shelves they were in. It was the 14th shelf down, but they weren't that far, seeing as, they were still not that far in. Sophie swiftly began walking towards the 7th shelf. Counting as she went, she spoke to Ami. 
"You seem to be a bit fidgety. Not very social I presume? Don't worry, I'm not very... social, either." Though she knew she was lying a bit, as she was very social, and wanted to make a lot of friends, Sophie also wanted the girl to feel comfortable with Sophie.
Sophie began speaking again. 
"Isn't it weird, how Muggle technology doesn't work here? Like, computers, phones, and stuff like that? And how pictures move in the wizarding world? I mean, its so cool. Why am I surprised? I'm half-blood. Raised by a Muggle-born and Pureblood. My dad was in Slytherin and my mum in Gryffindor. I'm guessing you're muggle-born, because you seem to like those kind of books." 
As Sophie finished speaking, the two girls stopped at a shelf. It had a few markings on the side. On the inside of the shelf, there were thousands of little books. Some had familiar titles like, 'The Fault in Our Stars.' and, 'Dr. Seuss.' 
"Here you are."

Goodbye lovelies!

"You seem to be a bit fidgety. Not very social I presume? Don't worry, I'm not very... social, either." Ami immediately saw through the girl's lie, but appreciated the effort she made. Not a lot of people tended to put up with her.

"Isn't it weird, how Muggle technology doesn't work here? Like, computers, phones, and stuff like that?" Sophie continued, and Ami smiled to herself, pleased with her mother's prowess at technology- it was the only reason why her phone wasn't totally glitched out at Hogwarts. "And how pictures move in the wizarding world? I mean, it's so cool. Why am I surprised? I'm half-blood. Raised by a Muggle-born and Pureblood. My dad was in Slytherin and my mum in Gryffindor. I'm guessing you're Muggle-born, because you seem to like those kinds of books."

"Unknowing half-blood," Ami corrected. "My mom's a witch, but seems more Muggle, to be honest." Sophie suddenly stopped at a shelf, and Ami's heart stopped, too. So many books, so many titles she recognized! She let out a noise of happiness, stepping forward, running her fingers along the spines of the book. "Oh my goodness, thank you so much, Miss Murphy," Ami purred, taking down a few books from various shelves. "I'm forever indebted."

esse quam videri
STA: 2 | AGI: 4 | STR: 7 | CTL: 6 | ArcP: 4 | ACC: 7