Library

Register
Sign in

Silence, Interrupted  PV Lisabetta Medici   Closed 

A continuation of Breaking The Silence highlighting the moments a few hours before Dorian is to serve his detention.

To say he was angry would be a gross understatement. The boy was downright livid, and rightly so. Not only had he had the misfortune of meeting who was possibly the most irritating person in the world, he had been blamed for something he did not do. He was innocent! And no one would believe him. Moments after he had parted from the company of that Slytherin girl as she would forever be known, he had chased after Master Quarren to make a final appeal on his behalf to have the man see reason and lift the ban from the library. Suffice it to say the plan had backfired, buying him an entire weeks detention and an extra week locked out of the library. Three whole weeks without his quiet place! There was no justice left in the world.

"All because of-of her!" His voice was dripping venom as he yelled to himself within the library, no longer conscious of where he was and the rules that governed the setting. "I'll get her for this. Before this night is over I swear she'll get what she deserves." The rage threatened to overflow, being reigned in only by his rapidly waning self-control. Already his mind was at work plotting ways in which he could make her pay. Pacing the aisle, eyes fixed to the ground, Dorian spoke of several possibilities out loud. "Maybe a flesh-eating slug in her dinner. Or an army of lizards in her bed." He paused. "I wonder how attached she is to her hair..." So many possibilities, the only problem being that he had difficulty pinpointing only one to carry out. The option remained that he could carry out all his nasty plots if it came down to it.

At one point he even wondered if he could enlist the help of a few of the castle's keepers and permanent residents to assist. The house elves might not be too keen on the idea of offering aid to a task that they did not deem theirs, but he was sure he could persuade a ghost or two to play along. Even better still he could get the help of other students who shared his intense dislike of the Slytherin girl. With what he experienced he was certain she must have made a few enemies already, besides himself of course. It was only a few hours before the stated time of their detention and she would be back in the library by then. They would know how they would be spending the evening when she arrived and the Head Librarian told them what was required. Dorian wanted to have a plan in motion before then, but what?

Still deep in thought, he rounded the corner at the end of the aisle and wandered into the one right next to it, walking slowly without truly seeing where he was going. Without ceremony, he fell to the floor, hard, his left hand the only reason he didn't have a head-to-floor collision that would've left him injured in some way. "Oof! Just my luck! Everything's going wrong today." Before he had fallen he had felt his foot catch on something, and when he shifted his head to take a look he noticed that there was a girl splayed haphazardly on the aisle floor surrounded by books, seemingly lost in her own world (I hope this is okie). What was happening in this library? Jumping to his feet in one athletic motion he stood over her and was about to let her have it when a thought came to him.

Stooping so he was closer to her level, he wasted no time in getting his point across. "You!" He reached out and rudely snatched the book she was currently reading out of her hand. "You're going to help me with a little...plan I have. All you have to do is say yes and we can get started on the details." One of his most prominent traits was how very forward he was. Regardless of age or upbringing, he was outstandingly precocious. He wore one of those endearing smiles that he usually reserved for when he was in the presence of his mother and trying to gain her favor. Sadly for him, she was the only one who seemed to be immune to it, but others have fallen for it unawares and gave in to his whims without much fuss. He hoped this girl, whoever she was, would be the same.
Last edited by Dorian Gray on 23rd April 2018, 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Improvidus, Apto quod Victum
Stam: 3, Agi: 3, Str: 4, Con: 7, Arc: 7, Acc: 6

Lisabetta walked the halls of the grand campus, hurrying along to the place that had quickly become her solace here, the Library. She had spent way more time in the vast expanses of books than she should have, but she didn't care. She had found that the more books she buried her head in, the less she had to think about anything else. She had gotten over being sorted in Gryffindor, even though her family hadn't seemed to yet, it just didn't seem to matter to her. The house she was sorted into only dictated where she slept and what she wore, nothing more. 

Lisabetta had already completed all of her homework, so this trip was strictly to learn more about whatever she wanted, unfortunately, she couldn't decide. She found a table that was empty and quickly claimed it as her own, putting her bag and a few books that she had brought along. Yes, she had brought books with her to the Library, yes this made her a huge nerd, no, she didn't care. She went up and down the many isles, grabbing any book that jumped out to her, which turned out to be a lot. Her little table was quickly covered in books, some stacked in four, or even five, books high. She was on her 3rd and, hopefully, final trip, when she heard a loud voice. She didn't pay too much attention at first, she knew that whoever it was would soon remember that they were in the Library and to be quiet. When the voice only seemed to raise, Lisabetta realized that it was a boy, and he seemed to be talking to himself. 

She had only heard bits and pieces of what he was saying, but she understood that he was very upset with someone, had gotten in trouble, and, apparently, wanted revenge. This did not sound like something that Lisabetta wanted to be involved with, so she grabbed the last book, and quickly went to return to her table. As she came out of the isle, she wasn't paying attention and slammed right into someone, knocking herself, and all of her books, over. She looked up to see a boy around her age who was also in Gryffindor. Before she could say anything though, he started talking, and she soon realized, he was the crazy guy she had been hearing. She went to grab her stuff and get out of there when she registered what he was saying to her. She quickly stopped what she was doing and faced him.

"I'm sorry, what?" She was not used to anyone giving her orders and it confused her entirely. She shook her head, getting her thoughts together. 

"I don't know what your plan is, but why do you need my help?" 

She couldn't lie, she was a little intrigued to find out what his plan was, not meaning that she would help him. 

She hadn't downright refused his invitation which was as good a sign as any. In fact, she seemed curious more than anything else, which was a trait he required in the one who would help him get some well-deserved revenge. Standing to his full height, he took note of her robe and saw that she was a fellow Gryffindor, which would probably make things easier. "Tell me... How do you feel about Slytherin?" He was testing the waters with the question, not outright promoting hostility, but rather a detached interest in her response. Whatever her response, he continued. "There's this Slytherin girl, Something Winterwood, who damaged library property earlier." Dorian looked at the books she was hugging to herself. "You seem like a lover of texts, which means we have that in common."

It was an appeal to the side of her that loved books, which he assumed considering she was in the library of all places. "It was an old copy of the Great Wizarding Events of the Twentieth Century. She saw me reaching for the book and viciously ripped the thing apart. Luckily the damage can be repaired but then I somehow got into trouble for it. Now we're both to serve detention here in the next few hours and I don't think I can let her villainy slide." Maybe he was laying it on a bit thick. Whatever the case this girl had no reason to think he was lying. Who even lied about something so silly? He hoped to appeal to her sense of camaraderie more than anything else. Noting that she seemed particularly standoffish, at least as far as he could tell, he took a step back and sighed a heavy breath.

"Okay here's the deal. All I would require of you is a spell or two from the shadows to mess with her. Nothing serious. Maybe a little trap here and there to keep her on her toes. She won't even know you're there so you wouldn't have to worry about making an enemy or getting into trouble. I'll take full responsibility if anything bad happens." He had said his fill and hoped that she would agree to help, if for nothing more than to see what happens and maybe have some fun along the way. It should be written in a rule book somewhere that a little harmless fun here and there was compulsory for a wholesome education.

Lisabetta was a little taken aback with herself, this was not like her. She would never have stopped to hear someone talk about getting revenge on another person. She would normally just leave to them to whatever they were doing and go back to whatever she was doing. Elvira was becoming a bad influence on her for sure. It probably didn't help that she had been away from home, away from all of her responsibilities and expectations, and around a lot of other children her own age. 

"I have no issues with Slytherin, my entire family was Slytherin before me." She honestly didn't have an issue with any of the houses. She didn't believe that anyone should dislike another person just because of what color they wore on their robes. They were all in the same school, learning the same things, even eating the same food, so why did the houses matter that much? She was brought back to what he was saying as he described the girl destroying one of the library books. She was not a fan of that at all, why would someone do that just to keep someone else from having the book?

"Why would she go so far as to damage the book? I don't think that was very necessary, there are other copies of that book." 

She found herself siding with the Gryffindor boy on this one, her actions were a bit much for such a small thing. They were literally in a place that was full of books, for someone to go so far as to damage one just because someone else already had it and they wanted it was too much. She found herself listening to him more intently, to see what he had in mind to get back at her, until he got to the part about using spells on her.

"I'm sorry, but you might have to find someone else. I am not comfortable using spells on another student. What if something goes wrong and we end up hurting her?" She started to regret having even taken interest in what this boy was planning, it did suck that he was stuck in detention because of what someone else did, but it wasn't bad enough to potentially injure the girl. 

To say the girl seemed extremely unenthused by Dorian's scheme would be a gross understatement. She looked as if the only reason she was still there listening to him say words was because she was too polite to either tell him to be quiet or simply walk away. Whatever the circumstance of her delayed departure the boy intended to exhaust the opportunity given to enlist her help. Quietly, Dorian sighed, just underneath his breath so it would emit only the barest of sounds. She was not an easy one to crack, and for all his effort she still met his plight with apprehension. Was he not convincing enough? Or maybe she was just too much of a scaredy-cat to do something wild? He wanted to see just how far he could push before she eventually turned down his offer with finality and walked away.

"The aim isn't to hurt her in any way. All I want is for you to mess with her a little. If we can come up with an idea that doesn't require the use of spells then more power to us." He wasn't against doing things the old-fashioned way. If her only concern was the possibility of harming Ms. Winterwood on the offchance that a spell went awry then they could completely forego any form of spellwork and focus on more mundane means. "Seeing as I'll be serving detention with her it would be hard for her to suspect me right off the bat. In fact..." he thought about it a little more keenly. "Why not throw a few things my way too? To make it more convincing that I have nothing to do with it." This was his final attempt at getting her to see reason and help him. Not one to grovel, he could acknowledge that he was pretty darn close to doing just that. If she said no a second time then he would just have to improvise.

Already he was considering the ways in which he could assume the sole task of making the Slytherin's time in detention miserable. Nothing he could actually do that wouldn't cause serious harm when attempted alone came to mind. It would be much easier if the girl before him would only say yes. Taking a deep breath, he adjusted his strategy, going for something more along the lines of a plea rather than a thirst for mischief. "Think about it. Would I be asking for help if I didn't really need it? I promise you'll never have to see me again if you don't want to. And if you say no then I completely understand and I'll leave you alone." There it was. That was as far as he was willing to go. Whatever her response he would roll with it. Either way, the fact remained that later in the evening when detention was underway, he would carry out his misdeeds, whether planned or improvised.

Lisabetta couldn't understand why she was still standing here, probably because she was almost positive that the boy would follow her to her table anyways, so she might as well stay to hear him out. She was extremely uncomfortable with the thought of using spells on another student, not being very experienced with spells, she is only a first year after all. Lisabetta's spirits rose a little at the boys next words, she would feel a lot better coming at it from a different approach. She thought hard about what she could possibly do that would hit them both, but not harm them in any way. When she came up with an idea she grinned slightly at her mischievous thoughts. This kind of stuff was not her in any way, but she kind of liked it. She turned her attention back to the boy, the small grin still on her face. 

"Are you opposed to getting a little wet?" She figured he wouldn't, it was just water after all. She didn't wait for his response before she started putting the books she had on the table next to them, not needing them for what they were about to do. She turned to him, a small twinkle in her eye as she explained her plan.

"I am very good at the levitation charm, not really ever having any accidents with it. I could levitate a bucket of ice cold water over both of you, and tip it over onto you both. I know it is not something overly ingenious, but I think it will do the trick. If you both get wet from it, she cannot blame you for it. Who in their right mind would dumb a bucket of ice cold water on themselves?" 

Lisabetta knew that it probably sounded very boring to the boy, but it was a start at least. 

"A little wet? Seriously?" Clearly, she was thinking far too small for his taste. Dorian wanted bold, daring, something that would cause a bang! Well...maybe not something that grand and conspicuous, but suffice it to say getting a little wet just wouldn't cut it. As she continued to pitch her idea of using the levitation charm and a bucket of water Dorian started to feel less and less sure of how thought out this scheme of his was. Maybe he should find someone who understood the need to make a person who provoked you absolutely miserable, someone like Richie. They might not see eye to eye, but Dorian was certainly willing to try and put his differences with the boy aside to see this done efficiently. As it stood the girl before him was all he had and he was running out of daylight.

The crinkling of his eyebrows and the way he pressed his lips together after she said her piece would be more than enough to let her know what he thought of the water idea. Dorian shook his head vigorously, the thought already perished. "No no no no! No! Just...no!" Heaving what was possibly the heaviest sigh of his life, he elaborated. "I mean...it's not a bad idea exactly. It's just... It's already been done to death is all. I want spontaneous, maybe even a little crazy! Know what I mean?" Something told him she wasn't the type to condone spontaneity or craziness. This was from a purely first impression basis. He was already categorizing her as a goody two shoes who never did anything questionable. He took a second to think of something else, and in two something had come to him. "Let's set her hair on fire!" Well that was random, but this was a prank he wasn't opposed to. Every time he remembered how insufferable she was his resolve steeled itself further.

"If that doesn't work for you then how about setting the library assistants her way? We could frame her doing something sooo bad the school will be forced to suspend or expel her. I'm sure I can come up with something that could get her into some serious trouble." He was starting to sound less like the victim and more like the instigator. Had he truly been the one that was wronged? It was possible he had been victimized to the point of snapping and losing a few screws. Whatever the case he just wanted her to agree to something unconventional. The nitty-gritty could be sorted after. "Maybe even that levitation charm you mentioned. Do you think you could use that to lift her high enough into the air to scare her? It's a very tame idea, and if you're as good at the charm as you said then we don't have to worry about you dropping her right? You could even drop the bucket of water on us after."

This was something he could accept if she was okay with it. A simple scare tactic such as this he hoped would be enough to let the Slytherin girl know of him as someone not to be messed with. If he thought of anything else that could be done came to him, he would do it of course.

Lisabetta was a little taken aback by his reaction to her idea. She knew that it wasn't the most devious of plans, but that just wasn't how Lisabetta was. Even having agreed to do something like this was already pushing her comfort zone, and this boy had the nerve to make fun of her idea? She knew that not everyone knew who she was, and it's not like it really mattered, they were England, not Italy, so she didn't really hold any power here. She still was not okay with anyone being this way towards her, so she hid her emotions behind her oh so amazing mask of smiles. 

"You are right, that idea wasn't the best, but just give me a second to try and find something else to do." 

She wracked her brain, trying to find a way to get back at this boy for his words towards her, but still make him believe that she was going to help him out. It would help to keep him in the dark about her feelings towards him at the moment. As she was thinking, she nodded along with his rambles about the girl.

She was starting to believe that he was the one who had started the whole situation with the Slytherin girl, she definitely wanted to rip something that belonged to him at the moment. When she had finally decided a way to get back at him that wouldn't put anyone in harms way, she smiled brighter. 

"I am sure I could lift her up with the levitation charm, possibly hang her upside for a minute. I could even move her around the room upside down, really scare her. When will you be here for your detention?" 

Mission accomplished! Dorian took her interest in when he'd be serving detention to mean she was in and willing. "Awesome! You have no idea how much it means to me that you're willing to get your hands dirty to help." With the settling of this little plot Dorian felt one step closer to his revenge. He knew how crazy he must seem to the Gryffindor girl in his frantic attempt to recruit her, but he didn't allow what she thought to come between him and his desires. "In about three hours from now. Old Man Quarren wants to wait until after hours when everyone else should be back in their dorms. Most likely we'll be sorting some books or cleaning the library." Whatever they were to do he just hoped they would be situated inside the library or the plan might be a little harder to set in motion. "You'll either have to sneak in when it's time or somehow hide inside the library until closing time. Whatever you do just be sure no one sees you. It wouldn't do for you to get caught before we accomplished anything." Dorian walked over to a few shelves and relinquished some of the books before walking over to the table. He decided that he would spend the remainder of his free time reading some of the more interesting topics while he waited for the detention period to start. Looking back at the girl, he noticed he hadn't even gotten her name, or even introduced himself. "The name's Dorian by the way. Dorian Gray. And you are?"

Lisabetta was happy that the boy didn't know her well enough to know when she was lying or not, it made her plan all that much easier. She smiled and nodded along with him as he spoke, making it seem like she was really interested in what he was saying. This was a skill she had gotten very good at throughout the years, having to entertain a lot of boring people because of her family. She didn't think that Dorian was boring, on the contrary he was one of the most interesting people she had met so far at Hogwarts, but he had been rude and disrespectful to her, and that was not okay. It was a little sad, they could have potentially been friends, Lisabetta always seeming to make close friends with the more outgoing people. 

"I think it will be easier to sneak it before, that way there is no chance of accidentally being spotted." This part of the plan was actually accurate, that did seem to be the best way to go about it. When the boy went to grab some books, Lisabetta picked up the ones she had picked out earlier, hoping to be able to leave to begin her plan, when he introduced himself. Should she give him her real name? What if he discovers that it was her and told other people? She did not need this incident coming back on her family name, imagine what her parents would say? She decided to come up with an alias, silently wishing that she could tell him the truth, wanting him to know exactly who was getting him back. 

"My name is Skye McDonald, pleasure to meet you Dorian. I will see you tonight." She said before walking back to her own table with her books. 

Reducio
I'll mark this thread as closed for now while we move over. Maybe this can be their meeting point in a later RP and we come back here to hash out any eventualities and whatnot. Tell me what you think via PM. 8D