Library

Register
Sign in

How nice to see you again.  Closed 

This is going to be an encounter with another student and I. If you'd like to join you may, but please wait for him to respond first.

Mia walked down into the library the next morning, tired. Her hair was up in a messy bun and her eyes looked dead. She had been up late the night before, writing a letter to her mom and talking to her new friends.
As she walked into the library she breathed in a big breath. She had always loved how the library smelled, like a forest with mildew (nice mildew) and aging-not mildew covered-quills.
It was unnaturally silent, maybe because most people were in the great hall, or maybe still sleeping. She sat down anyway, and reserved the whole table for herself by piling her books on top of it. She had a lot to accomplish today. She opened up her charms homework and started, her quill scratching furiously on the parchment paper, that, come to think of it, was probably not hers, but her roommates. Whatever, she thought, I'll pay them back soon, probably using quills or something.
She kept scribbling, until she needed another book. She sent a library house elf for it. They were always so helpful, especially since they started getting paid a few years ago.
Last edited by Eris Fawley on 10th April 2018, 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Chocolate omnia constituit"
//Co-Founder of Gobstones Club//Writer//

Marvin was in the library scanning through a bookshelf, when he spotted something from the corner of his eye. It was her, the girl from the Slytherin table. "It's you!" Marvin said maybe a bit too loud for the library, causing a few annoyed looks from other students who were studying. Before giving Mia a chance to say anything, Marvin sat down next to her. And then he sat there hesitantly for a second,"There aren't specific tables for houses in the library are there?" Marvin would like to say he was joking at this point, but he was honestly worried there were specific tables in every room.
Marvin had been carrying around a lot of questions about the school in the past few days and even though he didn't particularly like this girl, he needed answers. As he sat there, he took out a piece of paper that had a bunch of writing on it that appeared to be about the school. With drawings of hallways and countless notes, it was questionable how he would fit more information onto the piece of parchment, which he was definitely planning on doing. With a pen in hand, he was ready to write.

Marvin E.

"It's you!"

The curly haired, small boy from the great hall incedent a few days ago sat down next to her, calling her a bit too loudly. She shuddered and looked at him, annoyed that he was talking so loudly.

"There aren't specific tables for houses in the library are there?"

He turned to look at her. She smiled and turned towards him.

"No. You can sit here."

She piled her books on her side of the table, and cleared- now his side - of all of her quills. As soon as she cleared the table off, the boy took out a piece of parchment paper that was almost black, because of all the writing on it. She looked at it closely. It was covered in information about Hogwarts. It had drawings and countless notes, and all of it was written in the same scratchy but smooth handwriting.

"So"- She brushed her hair out of her face- "What do you need."

She pointed at the piece of paper that he was grasping.

"Do you want information on the customs and traditions of Hogwarts?"

She glanced at him and saw him tense, ready to write down what she was going to say.

"Do you want information on the customs and traditions of Hogwarts?"
With a determined look in his eye, Marvin responded,"Yes, I was actually in the library to try and gather some info on the ghosts that float about the school. Are they dangerous or do they even know they're dead?" He continued to rapidly ask several other questions relating to the school and its history. As he asked these questions, he was quickly scanning over his page of notes to make sure he was asking everything he wanted to know, it was almost like he was giving some sort of pop quiz to the girl. In the middle of his questioning, someone began shouting from the other side of the room. Marvin wasn't really fazed by this, as usual, he wasn't particularly focused on his surroundings.
Eventually, his bombardment of questions ended and he gazed up from his paper at Mia, expectant of a response to his questions. Unaware of really how many questions he had asked, Marvin was excited to finally learn about the school.

Marvin E.

The boy looked determined.

"Yes, I was actually in the library to try and gather some info on the ghosts that float about the school. Are they dangerous or do they even know they're dead?"

Marvin kept firing questions at her, rapid fire, his face getting all puffy, and his eyes full of exitement. Several times he took a break from asking the questions and looked back at his almost black paper, full of notes. When he was done he lanced at Mia.

"Here's a piece of parchment. You murdered that one." She laughed and slid the paper over to him. She hadn't laughed like this in along time. Not since the mishap with Rachel. She snapped back to attention when he cleared his throat, expectant. She started speaking again. "No, not dangerous, yes they know that they're dead"-Mia thought hard for a minute and then opened her mouth to speak. "Can you repeat the other questions? And slower please."

She smiled at Marvin. Even though it started with her dragging him by the hair across the great hall and calling his parents muggles, this thing of thiers was going to turn into a great friendship. She just knew it.

Mia handed Marvin a fresh sheet of paper
"Oh thank you, I guess that other piece was kind of running out of space" There was litterally no space left on the old sheet. As Marvin grabbed the new piece of paper he was extremely grateful. Even if the gift wasn't something of grand importance, Marvin felt like it carried a special quality to it that made him feel at ease.
"Can you repeat the other questions? And slower please."
"Ya sorry about that, I guess I could summarise my other questions into something more general." He thought about what he would ask for a moment to make sure he got the information he wanted,"So my mother used to try and teach me about the history of magic, and once she brought up something about a war against the dark lord, but she never told me much about it because I'm 'too young to hear about that stuff'. But I have to know what it is since it seems like a big part of Hogwarts history, so can you tell me a but about it?" Again, with his new piece of paper, Marvin was ready to write down anything that Mia said.

Marvin E.

"Ya sorry about that, I guess I could summarise my other questions into something more general."

The boy thought for a second and then git back to talking.

"So my mother used to try and teach me about the history of magic, and once she brought up something about a war against the dark lord, but she never told me much about it because I'm 'too young to hear about that stuff'. But I have to know what it is since it seems like a big part of Hogwarts history, so can you tell me a bit about it?"

Marvin grabbed his new paper and got ready to take notes.

"So there was this wizard named"- Mia took a deep breath-"Um..we call him he who must not be named. He had a following of wizards and witches. He came into power a long time ago but then when he tried to kill this boy named Harry Potter the spell backfired. He got hit. He didn't comeback for a while after that but then when he came back he"

Mia took another deep breath. Should I tell him? she thought. She continued, shaken up.

"Harry Potter stopped him. That's all you need to know."

She stood up, shaken, and walked over the the bookshelf near her. She grabbed A History of Magic and gave it to him.

"This explains it better....Marvin? Can I tell you something? You might not want me to associate with you after this."

She looked down.

"I cannot lie. So just ask. But if you want to keep seeing me in a good light, don't"

Marvin was jotting down everything the girl was telling him and began to open up the book she handed him. Something seemed to be bothering Mia, but Marvin was unsure of what it was. She was practically trembling as she spoke as she began to ask a troubling question,
"Can I tell you something? You might not want me to associate with you after this."
Marvin was confused by this. What secret could this girl possibly have that would make her so unlikeable? He was intrigued, but nervous,"What-" He paused for a moment to try and find the right words. "You can tell me whatever you comfortable with saying. You've helped me out so much, I don't think I can see you in a negative way." Marvin sat there, he wasn't preparing to add anything else to his notes. He was just ready to listen to whatever Mia felt she had to tell him. Marvin's usual goofy personality seemed to diminish at this moment as he was concerned for the girl.

Marvin E.

"What-You can tell me whatever you comfortable with saying. You've helped me out so much, I don't think I can see you in a negative way."

She smiled nervously. I should tell him. It's only fair.

"My family, the Alexanders, we have a long history. My family is notorious. My dads side was always rich, but became extremely wealthy in the 1800's when the railroad started booming. They became Robber Barons, and kept dominating the United States, sometimes skirting outside of the law to get things done. When He Who Must Not be Named came into power, my dads family supported him."

She paused at this point, nervous to see his reaction.

"The Alexanders were part of the Sacred 28. It's a group of 28 families that were the closest to He Who Must Not be Named. The Alexanders were one of the only families who avoided punishment, and are still seen as a respectable family. "

She sighed again, extremely nervous.

"This history I'm telling you. It still impacts us to this day. People that know who we are-they don't like me. A bunch of Slytherins have this problem, that people cannot see beyond their families, or think that we are all cruel. It's not true."

She looked at him, praying that he would understand.