Library

Register
Sign in

Just a little Light reading  Closed 

Crystal walked into the library, with her hair tied in a tight braid that was hanging on her shoulder, with her slytherin robes, carrying her parchment paper, ink, quills and a whole bunch of books.
Crystal always came here for light reading and when she didn’t want to go outside she would come here just to read.

Looking around Crystal saw a lot of people from different houses, sitting at tables talking to each other, doing homework, reading and playing games, the only table Crystal saw was a table all the way in the back of the room, sighing she walked over to the spot and sat down.
Crystal then looked down at her books she got and frowned.
‘I read these books hundreds of times. Why don’t I get a new one?’
Getting up again Crystal walked over to a self of books, lightly brushing her fingers on it she wipes away all of the dust, and bent down to look at the titles. None of them interested her.
‘Curses and Hexes, Fantastic Beast And where to find them, Famous Wizards and witches... Potions, transfiguration for the beginner...’
Crystal continued to look at the books until her eyes stopped at a bright red book. With her curiosity peaked, Crystal tried to reach the book and of course she could touch it but she wasn’t tall enough to grab it, desperately she tried to grab it, but to no avail she couldn’t reach it. Sighing she then tried to jump and grab it.
Crystal jumped and continued to do so until she almost got it.
“God, why does this book have to be so high?!”
Crystal almost yelled out. Continuing to jump to get the book.
“Could someone help me?”
Crystal whispered yelled, she looked around the room and saw that no one was going to help her.
Sighing in defeated, Crystal then stopped jumping and looked up at the Bright red book.
“I wish I could reach it.”

Crystal Marie Van De Lis Willows

"What a good day your having Jake it's not like you got in trouble in class or nothing and got more homework!!". He yelled at himself in a low mumble. He walked in the library seeing if anybody would be there to talk to or such. He went in and by surprise the librarian wasn't there so he went off to see if he could find some books. He searched through the isle of books but couldn't find the right one. He then spotted a girl trying to get a book from a shelf, he took the ladder from the librarians desk and headed over to her. "Hey.. I'm Jake Grimstone I see your having trouble grabbing the book so here have this ladder and try now". He gave it to her with a smile and as she climbed he had to hold it or it will start rolling everywhere. 

As she got her book and headed down he thought about calling her over to read with him if she wanted to it really wasn't his choice. "Now that you have your book would you like to read with me I was trying to find a book myself in all honesty". He chuckled a bit and went back to his normal grin. He saw the book that he was looking for and headed towards his table he got his things out and started writing and reading.

~Jake Grimstone STATS-
STA:7,AGI:5,STE:2,CON:4,ARCP:7,ACC:6

Crystal looked over and smiled tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear.
“Thanks, I’m Crystal, Crystal Willows, but you can call me Crys.”
Crystal looked at the boy, he was a lot taller than Crystal. Like much taller, then the boy Jack asked if she could read with him. That moment Crystal broke into the warmest and cutest smile she could muster.
“I would love to read with you! Oh god that sounds weird um....... yeah sure, I would like to read with you. God I can’t even.”
Crystal started studdering, and stumbling over her words.
“I’m sorry, I keep studdering. Yeah I would love to read with you.”
Crystal smiled and then heard that he needed a book to read.
‘Does he like fantasy books? I don’t know if he does, cuz I got a couple of books mostly books about magical beasts, but I have one he might like, it’s an oldie but a goodie.’
“I have a book you can read but I don’t know if you like fantasy, it’s old like written in 1945 I got the 75th anniversary edition, it’s called the Hobbit, and unexpected journey, it’s really good and with the special edition it’s got all of the stories in it. If your interested.”
Crystal looked up at the boy and Waited for a response

Cecily Quinn was deep in the stacks, hiding away from people in a small alcove high above the floor that she had discovered while exploring the library in her first week at Hogwarts. Created from a shelf that was devoid of books, it was just small enough to be cozy while not cramped; light enough to read but not be blinded when compared to the slightly gloomier stacks around her. Engrossed in a book that she had brought with her from home-- fantasy, of course, though nowadays while reading her favorite genre she was always disrupted by a constant struggle: why should she continue to read a fantasy when she was living one as she thought about it?-- it took her a minute before she heard the rhythmic thumping coming from a few rows over. It sounded like someone was jumping up and down. Cecily mulled over the idea that someone could be exercising in the depths of the library she heard a girl's voice mutter about how high a book was. Cecily let her book fall back onto her bent knees to listen this girl's predicament.

"Could someone help me?"

Cecily heard the same voice, but this time louder and asking for help. Finding the person impossible to ignore, Cecily replaced her bookmark and held the book between her chin and chest to crawl out of the alcove and clambered down the shelves, dropping the last few feet. Now tucking the book under her arm, Cecily rounded the corner and was greeted by the sight of a very tall girl talking to an equally-tall boy. Both students' ties boasted the Slytherin colours (this led Cecily to shortly wonder if all Slytherins were strangely tall, but quickly dismiss the notion), and the girl was standing in front of a ladder holding a bright red book-- presumably the one she was trying to reach.

"Hi..." Cecily walked a bit closer to the two and spoke to the dark-haired girl. "I'm Cecily. I heard you jumping up and down trying to get a book. Did you manage to reach it?"

-- Cecily Quinn --
and until we meet again.

Crystal looked over at the dark blonde newcomer, she smiled.
“Yeah I got my book thanks to Jake.”
Crystal smirks and pointed at the tall boy right next to her with brown hair.

Crystal then looked at the blonde and smiled.
“Would you like to join us for a bit of light reading?”
Crystal looked at the blonde and then back down at the book, she then started to almost hug it. She was hugging the book, well it looked like it.
Crystal loved to read with people and she liked to share her ideas and let alone talk to people.
“But the problem is that we don’t have anywhere to sit, my spot is much to small to fit at least three people, so where do you think we should sit?”
Crystal asked holding the book tightly and leaning foward to.
She then looked at her red book and looked at it for a moment, then she held it in front of her face to see what it was. And sure enough it was her favorite book series and television series Black Butler.
Almost suddenly Crystal broke out into a fit of giggles and smiles. She loved the book series, she never stopped reading it.
She then looked at the blonde and the boy and waited for their reply

Cecily smiled warmly at the boy, then turned to listen to Crystal talk. The girl invited Cecily and the boy-- Jake-- to read with her and asked where they should go, before she looked down at the cover of the red book in her hands, clearly delighted at what she found written there.

Cecily thought about it, immediately ruling out where she had just been a few minutes ago. "Yeah, my spot's too small too. It just fits me, and I'm, well...short," Cecily said in response to Crystal's query about their reading spot. "And you guys, frankly, are not." She laughed awkwardly, mentally muttering to herself to get her act together. She never talked to many people outside of her family at home, as their location was tucked away in the moor; needless to say, they didn't get many visitors, and her father always promised to take her into town when she got older but never seemed to get around to it.

"So, erm...Jake, right? Do you have a place in mind where we could all fit?" Cecily asked, turning to the boy. She didn't leave the two student much time to think about her previous comment before voicing this one, trying to get the attention off of her shoulders. She knew almost everyone in the school felt awkward at times, but the thought didn't make her mess-ups any less uncomfortable.

-- Cecily Quinn --
and until we meet again.

"Yeah it's Jake we could go to a table nearby and then we could read or talk." He really wasn't uncomfortable because he was in a Ravenclaw girl relationship and all her friends talk to him all the time. He really got all his homework caught up and was free most of the time only if he was on a event or in the grounds playing quidditch with friends or for Slytherin. He went to sit down because he was getting tired of just standing there and not doing anything. He sat down at a table and took out his quill and ink and started writing a letter to his mother and brother about the life of "me" being in Hogwarts. 

They had already been here and already graduated and they wanted me to do the same. "So what are you girls up to today I have to be in the Quiddtch field soon to watch the Griffindor vs Ravenclaw game it's going to be good." He played for Slytherin but his girlfriend is in Ravenclaw so why not cheer for them as she would cheer for me. It's fair. "Ok I'm going to write a letter to somebody so you guys can talk about whatever.

~Jake Grimstone STATS-
STA:7,AGI:5,STE:2,CON:4,ARCP:7,ACC:6

Crystal looked down at the ground with a slightly disappointing look.
‘Well there goes my hopes and dreams for a “prince” to call my own.’
Crystal rolled her eyes and looked around the library and sighed in defeated.
“Well I’m afraid that’s a bit of a-oh never mind.” Crystal looked over at a table right almost dead center of the room, across from it was a row of books, but apart from the books was a window that allowed anyone to get a nice clear view of the lake.
Crystal walked over to the table, and sat down she then smiled and patted the seats next to her.
“There are at least two seats so, we can sit here. Well two seats left.”
Crystal smiled and then ran over to a table in the corner and grabbed all of her stuff and placed it on the chestnut colored table.
Placing down her books and bags on the table Crystal then placed the Bright red book she found and cracked it open to the first page.
‘Roman Numerals cool.’
Crystal smiled and then looked at the female Ravencalw.
“I’m sorry I forgot to introduce myself, I’m Crystal Willows but you can call me Crys.”
She smiled and hurried her head in her book about a demon butler and a 13 year-old boy who investigates murder mysteries.
“I’m not doing much today Jake, I have tryouts I want to do, but I don’t have my own broom when it’s my second year I’m gonna try out. And that’s cool what position does your girlfriend play? And who ya writing to? If you don’t me asking. Sorry I’m asking so many questions I’m gonna a shut up now.”

Cecily, who had been slightly calm-ish up to this point, immediately became stressed at the mention of the upcoming Ravenclaw quidditch game, and decided to tell her two new acquaintances why.

"I tried out for the Ravenclaw team-- chaser-- but our Head of House never posted the roster. We have a game in just a little while but we don't even have a team! It's a disaster." Cecily shook her head and bit her lower lip, but followed the other Slytherins to the table Crystal spotted. As the Slytherin girl immediately sat down and began to read, Cecily gravitated towards the beautiful view just outside of the window.

The Great Lake was beautiful all year round, but snow made everything look more than beautiful: it was stunning. Ice sparkled on the frozen surface, and students everywhere were laughing and picking each other up, trudging inside. They were cold and shivering, but it was clear that their snowball fight had been a success. The snow around the lake where they had been was dimpled with footprints, but just around the far side of the lake, the fluffy white snow was pristine and untouched.

Cecily silently watched the world go by for a few minutes before turning back to Crystal and Jake.

"So what are you guys reading?" she asked the two.

-- Cecily Quinn --
and until we meet again.