Library

Register
Sign in

A friendly, yet entertaining, study group  Closed 

Any one is welcome!
Ashlyn walked into the library books in hand, as she took a seat at an empty table. She had always loved the quiet tone of the library, and the fresh new book smell. She let her hand glide softly over the book binding and she felt a shiver go up her spine. She let an airy laugh escape her mouth, she then cleared her throat and opened her book. She began reading her potions book, for that was her favorite class other than Charms.

She tapped her fingers softly on the desk, the sound echoing softly, but not loud enough too disturb anyone. She looked around the library often, catching eye contact with the librarian a few times sending a smile her way. She began to get slightly bored, and started doodling in the margins of her book, seeing as she had bought it herself. She then realized, the book margins were quite small, and retrieved her notebook beginning to draw detailed sketches over the white lined paper. She would finish a doodle then read a page, and the cycle continued like this. To get herself to actually learn some potions, she started drawing the cauldron and the potion affect. Her drawing kept getting more detailed and she ended up drawing more than she did read, as it usually turned out when she did things like this.

"Your eyes tell me that you'll love me everyday. No matter what may come, you'll be there to stay. -BlakeLee" -Ashlyn L. Bridget

Mia walked into the library, a bounce in her step. She didn't know why, but libraries had always been a comforting place for her. She breathed in deeply, loving the scent of the oak and the old mustly pages, mixed together. She surveyed the library, noticing several books on the floor, and a Hufflepuff girl and one boy reading together. She walked up to an elf.

"I need Why I Didn't Die When the Augurey Cried by Gulliver Pokeby. Can you get that for me?"

Another reason she liked libraries, the house elves. She had one at home, Willy, and had bonded with him. His funny mannerisms amused her, and he taught her her only knowledge of the culinary arts. The elf retrieved the book and she continued wandering around the library, constantly trying to find someone, or somewhere she could sit or interact with. Finally she found the someone she was looking for.

"You know your not supposed to do that, even if they are good."

Mia walked up to the Ravenclaw girl doodling in her book. She admired the sketches for a second, and then went back to talking.

"I like the cauldrons. Do you want to study together? You are a Ravenclaw after all."

"Chocolate omnia constituit"
//Co-Founder of Gobstones Club//Writer//

Ashlyn, looking up to the girl, jumped slightly at the sudden person standing by her. She smiled sheepishly, her cheeks turning a slight shade of pink."Uh, well thank you, I just got a little bored." She looked up the female, actually taking in her appearance. Ashlyn noticed the snake emblem on her robe, a Slytherin. 

Ashlyn didn't know why but she had always fancied the Slytherin house, she just adored snakes and loved the mysterious vibe they tend to give off. Although she loves Slytherin, she much rather suits a Ravenclaw for sure.

Ashlyn nodded before she spoke, "Yeah, you can sit. I was just practicing potions, it's my favorite class." She smiled, looking down at her paper and drawing another cauldron. She glanced back up to ask a question, "What's your favorite class, or at least one you really enjoy?" She looked back down at her paper and set her pencil down closing her notebook and returning her eyes to her book. She had a sort of uh oh look when she remembered what the girl had said. Then the thought hit her, she had not asked the female's name, nor did she introduce herself. "I'm Ashlyn by the way, Ashlyn Bridget, and yes I am Ravenclaw." She smiled yet again sheepishly squeezing in an introduction after she had just asked a question.

"Your eyes tell me that you'll love me everyday. No matter what may come, you'll be there to stay. -BlakeLee" -Ashlyn L. Bridget

Mia sat down, and put her books on one side of the table. Mia was thrilled to be actually talking to someone peacefully for once. She tended to get on people's bad sides, and needed someone who didn't hate her immediately.

"Mia Alexander, nice to meet you."

She smiled at the Ravenclaw and adjusted her robes so that she could sit comfortably. She had always liked Ravenclaws in general. They tended not to be too sweet, or too fake, as many Slytherins were, and you could always count on them to be well mannered, not prejudice against Slytherins, and not too stupidly brave, as some of the other houses were. Not only that, but her mother was a Ravenclaw, and spoke of the house with the utmost respect. She looked to the side and then back at the girl. Planning out her words carefully, Mia spoke.

"One class I enjoy would be Charms. Potions is a close second. Charms may be my favorite, but I'm not sure. I've only been her at Hogwarts for a short period of time."

How funny Mia thought, A Ravenclaw who likes Potions and a Slytherin who likes Charms

"What are you working on now?"

Ashlyn let her blue eyes glance at Mia, who took a seat next to her. She let a smile form onto her face as she looked at the row of books in front of her. I might actually have a friend. Ashlyn thought, she mentally gave herself a thumbs up. She looked back to Mia to answer her questions.

"Believe it or not, Potions." She laughed softly at herself, "But, I'm mostly just drawing as you can see." She motioned her hands towards her closed notebook. 

Ashlyn let herself take a deep exhale as she looked over at the female's book, "What do you got there?" She asked before realizing what she said, "Sorry, that came out nosy and a bit rude. I mean, I am curious so the question still stands, just in a nicer way." 

She felt her face flush in embarrassment, she normally could stop herself from saying anything more rude than she normally is, but it just slipped from her mouth. She hoped Mia didn't think any less of her, she would hate to have a bad reputation with someone already. Especially a Slytherin, although Mia seemed a bit less rude and more relaxed than a stereotypical Slytherin, and her favorite class was Charms. Ashlyn seemed to relax a bit, Mia didn't like the judging type of Slytherin, and that calmed her nerves.

The girl smiled a bit and glanced at Mia.

"Believe it or not, Potions."

Ashlyn laughed a bit.

"But, I'm mostly just drawing as you can see."

The girl motioned her hands towards her closed notebook.

"What do you got there?"Sorry, that came out nosy and a bit rude. I mean, I am curious so the question still stands, just in a nicer way."

Mia laughed and glanced at the Ravenclaw.

"I hate to be stereotypical, but you don't have to be like that towards me. Slytherins can be"-she searched for the word-"Crude. In how they express themselves. Plus, no one expects you to be perfect."

The girl blushed a bit, and Mia continued talking.

"In my arms I've got my pleasure read for the week."- Mia put it right in front of her. "It's called Why I Didn't Die When the Augurey Cried by Gulliver Pokeby. It is supposed to be facinating, though I'm mostly just reading it to please my mother."

Mia laughed ruefully.

"A Ravenclaw. Expects me to read voraciously, just like her."

Mia glanced at her book again, and pushed it towards the back end of the table. She smiled.

"That's better. Less clutter. So, Ashlyn,"-Mia focused her attention on the girl-"What have you been up too?"

Ashlyn wondered curiously, a Slytherin telling her she doesn't have to be the nice Ravenclaw. She is nice, but she would prefer to just joke around and have fun than be serious and respectful 24/7. That's why she liked potions so mcuh, she could make things with odd ingredients you don't see in the muggle world. 

Ashlyn glanced at the book, "I've never read it personally, but I also heard it was interesting." 

She looked back up when she asked her a question, "Oh, I've just been hoping to make some friends, but also just lounging around reading. I also roamed the grounds a bit, it's beautiful..."

Ashlyn made small hand motions as she spoke passionately about the nature. She loved to be outside and she loved animals with all her heart. She couldn't help but fantasize about meeting all the mythical creatures in the wizard world. 

"... I just wish that I could spend everyday outside." She let herself take a breath, "Sorry about me rambling, I just love nature. Anyways, how about you, what have you been up to Mia." 

Ashlyn had a rose tint to her cheeks as she calmed down from her passionate rant. She normally wouldn't let herself talk so much, but Mia let her know she didn't have to be fake. 

"... I just wish that I could spend everyday outside."

The girl took a deep breath

"Sorry about me rambling, I just love nature. Anyways, how about you, what have you been up to Mia?"

Mia ignored the girl's question and looked towards the door.

"It's fine. It doesn't matter if your rambling or not. And the grounds? They are beautiful. Sometimes I walk down to the tip of the grounds, near the woods, and just listen to the birds chirping and the wind rushing. Back home I would take the tube to my grandmother's place, in Kensington. She was by Hyde park, and I would run around there with my cousin, and feed the birds. It was truly heaven on earth. You know that feeling?"

The girl stopped talking and looked off in the distance. She then realized that she had let the girl know more than she should of been able to know.

"Merlin. Now I've been rambling!"

The girl took a deep breath, and returned to the girls question.

"Reading a bit. Commuting. I'm not used to a place like this, it seems too big, you know? I used to go to Dalton in New York City, and that was twelve stories up, and forty feet wide! A true city monster."

She pivoted her attention back on the girl.

"Where do you come from?"

Ashlyn listened to her speak about herself, and she let a smile form onto her lips. Se had enjoyed just listening to her talk, since Ashlyn normally does most of the talking in conversations. She had stared awe struck at the fact she had been to America, Ashlyn only wished to visit there ever since she read about Newt Scamander and his Fantastic Beasts. 

"You've been to New York! How exciting, I heard all about New York, especially when Newt Scamander visited there. I just have been dying to visit America since I read his book, there seems to be so many creatures awaiting to be discovered over there, or just anywhere." She let a satisfied sigh escape her lips and then she giggled sheepishly. 

A light blush overcame her, just talking about Newt Samander made her heart ting with grief that she couldn't be off exploring the world for creatures like he is. He smile soon faded as her mind filled with thoughts of her growing up to already know all creatures have been discovered, and she couldn't go off and explore for more. She quickly came back to reality with a quick blink of the eye as the next question was sent forth. 

She had a smile spread across her face, "I'm from Glasgow, but my parents knew I might be sent here, so we quickly moved up here to London so we don't have to travel too far every year. How about you?" She asked, her hands gently reaching to move a strand of hair behind her ear.

"You've been to New York! How exciting, I heard all about New York, especially when Newt Scamander visited there. I just have been dying to visit America since I read his book, there seems to be so many creatures awaiting to be discovered over there, or just anywhere. I'm from Glasgow, but my parents knew I might be sent here, so we quickly moved up here to London so we don't have to travel too far every year. How about you?"

The girl sighed and smiled, and Mia smiled back.

"I moved, as I mentioned from New York City when I was 7, mostly because the wizarding schools are so much better here. My family toured the one in Salem, but just was not happy with it. Also they take people at 13! That is too late to start your wizarding education, if you know what I mean."

Mia glanced at the girl with a pointed look.

"Now we are in London too. I'm in Chelsea, but the rest of my family is in Kensington. I've never been to Glasgow. How is it? And where do you live in London? Maybe we have been neighbors this whole time and we never realized it!"

Mia laughed, showing her trademark Alexander teeth.

(I'm sorry I had writers block for awhile)
Ashlyn smiled back at her and gave her a reply, "I live in Kensington, it's a beautiful place really!" She spoke with passion in her voice

Ashlyn laughed a bit as well, "it would be a dream to be neighbors to someone as pretty and nice as you." She gushed out.

Ashlyn was one to compliment people, she loved to make someone smile especially when they're having a rainy day. She never really expects anyone to give her compliments in return or just give her anything in return, but some people do. She always loves meeting people as well, and she normally thinks that she's so good with people because she's nice, but people always tell her it's because she has a charming smile that draws people near. 

Ashlyn loves old people the most, only because they can be the nicest people you can ever meet. People here at Hogwarts can't be that mean though, I mean here's a Slytherin that's super nice. i think I'll fit in just right. She thought to herself.

Ashlyn looked down at the table and kept thinking about her future here at Hogwarts but quickly shook the thought off and turned back to Mia with a smile. "So, are we neighbors, I live on Addison Avenue by the way."

"I live in Kensington, it's a beautiful place really! It would be a dream to be neighbors to someone as pretty and nice as you."

The girl said this, gushing. Mia blushed and then she smiled.

"That's very nice of you."

Mia was never really called pretty. She had sharp, haunting, features and had a resting face that people shied away from. She wondered if the girl was being genuine. Probably. Ashlyn just seemed like a nice person.

"So, are we neighbors, I live on Addison Avenue by the way."

Mia smiled.

"I guess! If we lived close togther, or relatively close, which school did you go to? I went to the American School in London, by Regent's park. My dad's family is American, from NYC, and my mom's is Hungarian, so this was an obvious choice. It was a bit of a commute but worth it..."

Mia flashed back to commuting with Rachel and Bulak, taking the train daily, and laughing along the way. She shook her head and got back to the conversation.

"Did you go there too? I wouldn't be surprised, as it-the grades-were so big that I didn't know everyone, and you may have been in advanced classes, so that would explain why I didn't see you."