Library

Register
Sign in

A familiar place for a familiar face.  Finished 

Reed had made what some would call a 'personal space' in the shelves. He had moved a desk to the end of one row of books to have a comfortable quiet place to read. He enjoyed every place in the library but here it felt a bit more...personal. this place was always away from the others so he could even go as far as to talk at normal volume without disturbing anyone.

He had a stack of books on the desk, and didn't know which one he wanted to bring to the dorm for the night. AT this point he wanted a break from charm studies, so he had a few choices from mystery to myths, to the science of dragon's fire. He went through the first chapter of the book on dragon's fire....not interested. It dragged on and on and on about something Reed didn't even understand. It was obviously above him for now...

Before Reed could get too far into the next book he noticed foot steps coming towards his corner and quickly organized his mess. The last thing you would want is to have the librarian mad at you. He would DIE if he was banned from the library. "Oh-uhm...can I help you?" he asks the figure just around the book shelf corner.

Eris hadn't wanted to be seen by anybody. The red-head's face was puffy and as red as her hair. She looked like she had just walked out of hell. Normally Eris loved the library, and in her desperate hope to feel better, she had headed to the library. Books couldn't hurt you, books couldn't yell at you. Books were just books. Eris didn't need friends, as long as she had books.

She had ruined her friendships with her two best friends, and to make matters worse, they were both hurt. Figuring nobody would be hanging out deep in the shelves of the library, Eris wandered deeper and deeper into the library, losing herself in the columns of books, and the smell of old books, she almost felt okay. The events of the hallway battle seemed far away, as the little-girl faintly smiled. She was alone, in her favourite part of the castle. The happiness died away ,as a familiar boy called out to her.

Oh god. Reed. The ravenclaw prefect. Of course he was in the maze-like abyss of the library. Only fitting that somebody from the house she was trying to avoid was who she would run into. "No I'm good." She called back, in a monotonous voice. Hopefully he wouldn't recognize her voice

sorry not sorry bout' what i said
STA: 6 EVA: 7 STR: 1 WIS: 8 ACC 9 ACC: 9
Eris Fawley:

Of course Reed did recognize the gryfindor prefect's voice considering Reed saw her just earlier when checking on Adam. He stood up, and his usual massive smile, and goofy posture seemed to go away as he walked towards the voice. He had to crawl over the desk that practcally blocked him into the back of the hallway, and walked through the shelves before seeing the red-cheeked, and red-eyed girl.

"Hey..." He said, knowing that drama happened earlier with Adam, Kaegen, and her. He had to act carefully for now, or else he would be dealing with a crying girl, the most terrifying creature on earth. "You need me to point you to those books again? The one series I recommended, I mean. Was it....A treasury of myths, or something?" He asked, feeling bad for the girl.

"Or I'm here to talk...I kinda get what happened." He ran a hand through his mop of messy black hair. "I may not be a friend, but I am another prefect. You can at least trust me because of that." He leaned against a shelf and looked over the Griffindor. She looked a little shaky...had she been crying? He couldn't exactly tell for sure.

"hey.." Eris said carefully, rocking back and forth on the heels of her feet. Just her luck. Why, why, why? Couldn't he just leave her alone? Couldn't Reed tell she didn't want to talk to anybody, much less explain the dreaded events of the hallway battle. Reminding herself that it was her duty as a prefect to tell him what had happened, and all that boring mumble jumble, the little red head let out little sniff. She rubbed at her eyes once before responding to Reed. She opened her mouth to tell the story of the hallway battle, before processing what he had said.

He didn't want to know what had happened? He wanted to.. to help her find a book? Eris woul d of started to cry for the normality of the gesture in it's self, before he added that he was a fellow prefect and willing to listen about what happened. That wiped any sentiment away from Eris. She stared at Reed, distrust clear in her eyes.

Was he really being nice to her, or was he just attempting to use her to find out more about the horrible situation with Adam and Kaegen. Eris couldn't find it in herself to care. Shrugging, she looked at Reed. Her distrust and hopelessness could be shown in her eyes, as the little red-head had never really learned how to hide her emotions. "I finished the first book, but um, I haven't really thought about reading the rest." She needed a friend right now, not a fellow prefect. Maybe talking about books might help the two of them become friends, or something closer to friends. At the moment, she didn't feel like talking about the hallway battle. Perhaps later, if he proved himself trustworthy.

Eris Fawley:

Reed noticed how emotional she was being, and let another sigh. He screwed up, didn't he? "Hey...don't take it the wrong way. I'm not poking for info...I do talk to adam on a regular basis, and both of them are in Ravenclaw. It's not hard to get knowledge. I just think talking about it to someone can help...it always did for me with my dad." He said before loosening up his posture.

"hey. how about we just..talk? Get your mind off of it." He suggested sitting back down at his desk. He pulled up a book he just finished and held it out to Eris. "This was a good read. It talks about how dark arts negatively affect the mind on a mental scale." He put it on the table. "This one is talking about the muggle's magic myths and debunks them." He puts that one on top of the first. "And this one is summing up what the muggles got right in all their mythology." He continued to pile books up trying to get Eris's mind off of the previous events, and before you knew it there were 13 books stacked in front of him.

"Then there's the other treasury books, but it's on the other side of the library...you see anything new recently?" He asked with a goofy smile.

At Adam's name, Eris recoiled and fell into the shelf with a hard 'oomp' of pain. Adam. Oh god. He hadn't wanted to be her friend anymore. First friend, first enemy. He hated Eris now, and god only knew how badly Eris had messed up that relationship. Eris let out a sound that resembled a mix of a dying frog and a pig.

Desperate for a change in subject, and grateful Reed had started one, Eris rubbed at her eyes."Did you know that I'm named after a greek goddess?" He had mentioned muggle myths. "My mom was obsessed with muggle myths. She named my sister Belladonna, and I was named Eris after the goddess of discord." Her mother had mistaken the name Eris for the name Eros, which meant love. It was too late to change it though, so her mother had kept the name Eris.

"Oh god. I haven't seen anything new in forever. Honestly I think I might be lost in here." Eris laughed, brushing dust off a particularly odd tome to show her point. "I fear we may spend the rest of our days in these shelves." There wouldn't be anything wrong with that. At least in the shelves she wouldn't have to see Adam or Kaegen ever again. Plus there would be books. Lots of books.

Eris Fawley:

Reed winced at his mistake before changing the topic to books. He thought that'd go well, but in truth it only seemed to make things more tense, and awkward for him. At the mention of her name, Reed smiled and remembered what his mom told him about his own. "My mom's adopted grandpa is why I'm named Reed. A family name, ya know?" He says, crawling over the desk again. He had gotten an idea to cheer the girl up, and now was the time to do it.

"Bloom has my patrols covered for tonight...let's sneak out and go somewhere fun, yeah?" he suggested, with a thumbs up, and a huge smile. "We work hard enough, and with everything going on it'll do some good." He then walked around a stack of books that were yet to be put on the shelves, before realizing Eris may get lost. He pulled the map he just got earlier that day at the one shop...Weasleys was it? Regardless, he held out his free hand with a huge smile. "C'mon. Lessgo to hogsmeade!" He said, seeing on the map that the librarian was walking their way. "Oh shoot, we were supposed to leave a while ago, too!"

Eris was confused. The topic of books seemed to make the other boy as awkward as she'd felt when he mentioned her old friend. How could one not want to dicuss books? Books were amazing. They helped you lose yourself in a world so much better then the one you were living in. Although some days Eris felt she was living in a fantasy story book world or a crazy movie. There wasn't a need for books when you were living like a hero from a book, but Eris still loved reading.

Eris had to admit it was interesting to see a boy crawling over a desk and talking at the same time. That took commitment and agility. And, oh. She liked Reed more already. He wanted to sneak out. Already excited, Eris pulled out her own map. "You're not the only one with a map." She said with a smirk, somehow already feeling more cheered up than she had a few minutes before. The excitement of sneaking out took up all the space in the small girl's brain. She didn't have any patrols either, and honestly thought she was going to spend the night sitting alone reading.

Checking her own map to see the librarian walking near them, Eris turned in the opposite direction and started walking. "Let's go to Hogsmade." She said in response, grinning at Reed.

Reducio
((thread exit! TIME FOR HOGSMADE))

Eris Fawley: