Library

Register
Sign in

A friend and A Study Buddy  PV Dmitri Jones   Clo 

After leaving the Great Hall and making a quick stop to grab their book bags the two new friends head up to the library for some study time. Kyden was really hoping that Dmitri could help him in Defense Against the Dark Arts and maybe Potions. Those two subject where were he could improve.

Once getting to the Library the boys went in and headed for a table hidden deep within the Shelves Kyden loved to go there because it was more secluded than any other table.  Kyden pulled two books from his bag and looked up at Dmitri. "So I am hoping you could help me in Defense Against the Dark Arts and Potions. For Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor Mellowrose says that I repeat myself a lot. I try really hard not to be I always find myself doing it. I would really like to start getting at least all E's in his class. My first grade was a D but then my next was an E. I would love to get O's but I think I should shoot for E's first."

He looked over at Dmitri and smiled. He loved the fact that he didn't have to be alone all the time anymore.

Kyden Zarye Goodlow // Editor for the Slytherin News-magazine //

Dmitri Kazimir Jones and his friend arrived at the library, having taken their book bags from the common room on their way to the sole place where they were ensured a study session done in peace. As they settled down onto a table, spreading their reading and studying materials onto its wooden surface, the raven-haired boy listened attentively at the other boy as he started to talk about academics stuff and asking for assistance in certain subjects. "Oy, I've been hearing good things about you academically." He beamed at the other boy, waiting for his reaction. "Yep, I've heard you've got a few Os and stuff. I don't think you need my help anymore." He pouted jokingly and laughed out loud. "Not choosing me for the imp-catching and not needing my help in homework anymore--I don't know how to feel."

He buried his face in his hands, acting as if he was sobbing when in reality, he was just trying to hold back his laughter to no avail.

"Anyway," Dmitri would continue, "Professor Mellowrose likes it when you surprise him with the things you write. Write something unexpected--use the theme in a different way. With the Periculum x Fear one, I made a parting-of-ways story of how a couple feared for the ending of a part of their lives where they were together because they were going to different wizarding schools. I made Periculum be like their promise that they were going to try their best to be there when they need each other the most." He smiled softly, shaking his head. "I really just channeled my inner sap while I was writing that."

Dmitri Kazimir Jones | Second Year Slytherin
Strength: 4 | Control: 10 | Agility: 10 | Stamina: 11

Kyden listened intently. He planned to take any and all advice he could get. He was getting really good grades as of lately but he wanted to do even better. "Very true. I have been getting good markings as of lately I haven't gotten anything below an E! I got an E on the last DADA homework which actually really shocked me. Professor Mellowrose said I am doing much better I just struggle with a build up to the excitement that he likes so I need to work on that. I think if I can get better at that I will start getting O's in his class. I got an O in History of Magic on the most recent assignment which surprised me really because I didn't think I did that great on it."

He leaned across the table so he was closer to Dmitri and started to whisper even quieter. "Between you and me I have been getting excited and checking every day for new homework assignments." He leaned back into his chair and smiled. "I am so excited I got chosen to be a writer to! I am hoping that I can get picked for the Quidditch team as well. I think I am starting to fit in well at Hogwarts. I also am quite enjoying being a Slytherin." He smiled at his friend. "I sure am glad we are friends."

Kyden Zarye Goodlow // Editor for the Slytherin News-magazine //