Library

Register
Sign in

Hiding away in the Library.  Finished 

//This is a continuation from the great hall at the Ravenclaw table. If you would like to join that is okay with me.//

Eri walks into the library clearly frustrated, and her expression was hurt. She had spent along time on making friends and in about five minutes she might as well be the new person in the Ravenclaw house. She continued to walk into the library and  walk all the way to the back of the library. She picked up a few books along the way for her to read. When she got to the back of the library she sat down and crouched down with her knees drawn up to her chest.

She wiped her eyes and willed herself to not cry. She never cried in public. She just needed time to think through her thoughts. She could apologize to her housemates and Xeno. She had an interesting time trying to eat her food but she didn't want to think about it anymore. 

She placed her head down on her knees and sighed. She would find new friends. She was certain of that. She just hoped she didn't just ruin her time at Hogwarts. This would be a very long year.

She just sat quietly with her head placed on her knees and she just went through her thoughts.
Last edited by Eri Windstone on 3rd April 2018, 12:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

{Dreams stay dreams until you make them reality.'}Eri Windstone. STR:10 AGI:7 CNT:5 STM:4

Marybelle walked into the library completely flustered, she had never seen so many books before in her life. So much too read, but too much... she continued her way slowly through the library taking in the sights and smells. She brushed her hands across a few leather-bound books until she heard flapping above her. She looked up to see books other students had taken out flying back to their original locations. Marybelle stared in awe, her heart leaping with excitement. She walked towards the back of the library and came across Eri, slowly she came to a halt not sure whether to continue on her small trek through the library or not. Slowly Marybelle began to approach her, one small step after another. As Marybelle came behind her, she began wondering if it was her place or the accurate time to address someone. She sighed and closed her eyes before taking a seat beside the young girl. Marybelle reached towards Eri seeing she was upset over something but paused her hand just between the both of them and watched quietly. After for what seemed like an eternity Marybelle put her hand on Eri's shoulder.
"you know...whenever I was upset my mom would tell me about the rivers, and how no matter what the weather rain or shine it would keep running....so no matter how sad things may seem that shouldn't stop you from continuing and you just need to leave what hurt you behind" She smiled a bit trying to be helpful before sighing hoping she didn't make anything worse

Arpeggio my sweet, I will see you some day.

She picked her head up and wiped tears off her face. She was still upset. She couldn't believe she said the wrong spell. She looked tired and like she had been crying for awhile. "That sounds wonderful." She only knew about three defensive spells. She moves her head back down to her knees and hides her face. Now she knew Kaegen hated her.  This was the only place she could seek safety from everyone. She let the new girl speak. "Have you ever done something that you regret?" She was worried about Kaegen. He acted so different lately. Like he was hunting some savage beast.

She smiled to herself. If she got expelled she could go home. She sighed and waited for the other to answer her question. She hoped Kaegen didn't come looking for her, but he most likely would. So she stayed in the library where she could think. It was weird this stuff usually never happened at her home but weird things always happened to her. Maybe she could injure herself and hide in the hospital wing. No he could easily get there. She would just have to apologize and hope he  would accept her apology. So she sat and waited.
Last edited by Eri Windstone on 31st March 2018, 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

{Dreams stay dreams until you make them reality.'}Eri Windstone. STR:10 AGI:7 CNT:5 STM:4

Marybelle shifted around a bit in her spot a bit, she sighed and looked over at Eri. It was a simple question, and it was so easy, to be honest. Everyone has done something they regretted, but would her regret make her sound weak?
"I ran away from home to come here, my mom never wanted me to come or...wanted me out of the house..." She chuckled a bit under her breath a wave of sadness washing over her. Her mom made sure she didn't make friends all for the petty reasoning of keeping her line pure. "My mom talked about how we were pure-blood and we couldn't associate ourselves with anything lower... I guess you could say my mom was protective... but not for a good reason.." Marybelle slowly took her hand off Eri's shoulder. She knew a lot of pure-bloods had a bad wrap, not all of them but most of them did. Her mothers words never swayed her opinion though, in the end, she saw nothing wrong with muggle-borns or half-bloods. They were all the same, all equal, what was the point in such hate towards others? It didn't make sense. To keep a lineage pure, after a while you would run out of people, just like dogs you would soon begin to make with very distant family members in order to keep the line going.

"My parents talked about not liking muggles. I accidently said the wrong spell and hurt my friend. Now he probably hates me." She frowned. She really didn't mean to hurt Kaegen. She wished she could apologize but she is too scared of Kaegen right now. The look of his face when she accidently hurt him was awful. She really just wanted to go and hide somewhere. Frowning she looked at her. She felt awful for hurting Kaegen. She sighed quietly. She looked up at the ceiling. Her thoughts raced through her mind like a whirlwind. Sighing she just shook her head.

She already knew that Kaegen would try to get his revenge. She had to keep a look out for herself. Maybe he would just forget. Hopefully. She hopes she didn't hurt any of his creatures. She was so upset, hopefully she could make it up with him. She was so mad at herself for misfiring that spell. "What do you like to do for fun?" She wanted to get her mind off of her thoughts. 

She would probably never forgive herself. So she just sighed. Her eyes sparkled with regret. She wished she could have just let it go.
Last edited by Eri Windstone on 31st March 2018, 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marybelle thought to herself for a bit to come up with an answer what do I do for fun?
I used to read a lot, play with Arpeggio, and paint but those all seem like they would be answers anyone would say. However, it is what I do and if I want to be honest then those are what I say
Marybelle straightened up a bit and tapped her fingers against her own thigh. She also really loved music, but that also sounded cliche to her, but again if she wanted, to be honest, that was the answer.
"I really love art, and music and readings anything that helps others express themselves you learn a lot about a person reading." she let out a soft sigh remembering the fond moments of sitting in her little room in the basement while she heard her parents and their friends talk upstairs, sometimes they heard a child ask if there were others in the home only for her parents to lie to them. Making Marybelle's existence a complete secret. It wasnt fair to her, why her? Her brother was allowed up there but she wasn't her brother got to go on exciting adventures but why not her?
"what about you? what do you like to do for fun?

"I like to play guitar, sing, read, explore, and that is pretty much it. I spend most of my time reading books I have found, or books I have read before." She smiled absent mindedly grasping her golden locket with an engraved tree on it. Her mind raced quickly as she heard a noise but it was just someone closing a book. "How do you like Hogwarts so far? I think it is wonderful. Transfiguration is one of my favorite classes. I am not good at potions. They are just to difficult." Eri said. She sat silently staring up at the ceiling.

She wiped a stray strand of hair from her face. Maybe she would go back to the common room and go into her room. Maybe she would just stay in the library all night. She might get in trouble for staying in the library. So she continued to ponder what she would do to avoid her fellow Ravenclaws who witnessed what had happened. 

Her green eyes sparkled with tears. She wiped them away. At least she had stopped crying. She wondered if it was to late to go back and eat some more. No it was definitely to late. She would just have to either stay in the library or sneak up to the common room.

Maybe she would check on Xeno later. After all she hoped he was still her friend. Hopfully he didn't hate her for the mistake she made.

Eri perked her head up as she heard some people yelling in the halls. She recognized Eris's voice and heard Kaegen's name. She knew she would have to leave soon.  So she gathered up her things. She waited for the girl's answer to her question. If the other had anymore questions she might answer but would have to leave soon.

"I umm.. I have to go. Sorry. Maybe we can meet up later." She stood up quickly and felt bad for having to leave but she needed to get as far away from the library as possible. She told the people in the great hall she would be in the library.

She walked quickly back to the front of the library and out of the door into the corridor.

Marybelle watched Eri get up before she had a chance to answer her question. She felt her heartbreak, and she felt all her fears become a reality. Maybe she wasn't meant to have friends, maybe she was just meant to be alone and keep to herself. She felt hopeless, like someone who was trapped in a deep hole as people walked past and not one offering assistance.
"o-oh...uhm" As Eri walked away Marybelle pulled a small photo from her pocket, and held it to her chest. Maybe her only friend was meant to be Arpeggio it was only her first day at Hogwarts but she was just failing. Maybe she wasn't meant to leave her home, maybe she was always meant to be in that small basement longing for the freedom to explore the world, to stare out into the forests and to the shimmering lake outside that small basement window. Paint what the world was like in her eyes. She would never know her magical capabilities but she would be safe. Safe from heartbreak, from the world she was now finding cruel and very misleading. She had always read about the outside world. Now finally being out all her books did was lie she wanted to be home, she wanted to be with Arpeggio to paint to her heart's content and be awoken every morning to the singing of birds and the smells of freshly cooked breakfast. She longed to hear her cruel mothers humming and her father's gossip about the village.
"S-see you around I guess..."