What is the Secret Society?
If I told you, I'd have to dispose of you, of course.
The Secret Society is a group of students (and professors) who are interested in spy-related information. This group primarily focuses on muggle gadgets or home made crafts that can easily be made without electronics, but also the use of writing letters in Morse code, playing Secret Agents (once a month, there's a large scale game of 'Secret Agent'*), and obviously doing secret things. Generally, secrets stay within the location, although if needed to be spread, dots and dashes are the preferable means of communication.
In Character, this club takes place at Hogwarts. Students in the Secret Society have a set rules they should always abide by, safe Daniel will remove them from the group.* these rules will be modified at any point should it arise1. Never talk about the Secret Society.
2. Code names stay behind closed doors.
3. This club is not for gossip or actual secrets.
4. Play fair. Cheats and sore losers are not welcomed.
5. Have fun.
6. This club does not give students the ability to break curfew.
Secret Agent is a team verses team game, played during the weekend hours (without breaking curfew). The teams are randomly drawn via lots (Popsicle sticks with different colors, colored paper from a hat, etc.). Each team will converse in secret about a public location they wish to claim as their "base". One person from each team is chosen as a king or queen, and the other team has to find them. Whichever team returns to the Society Room first with the king/queen "captured", they will be victorious.* these rules will be modified at any point should it ariseThere are several rules to run this game successfully:
1. Common rooms and rooms that any year cannot reach are out of bounds for "bases."
2. Be fair. If you're the king/queen and you are found, go without a fight. Game's up.
3. Spells shouldn't be used at people, but nobody says lumos can't light up a dark path.
4. Don't be sore if your team loses. It's all in fun. Work harder next time.
Code names are chosen by members when they decide to enter the ranks of the Society. Choose well, as you will not be able to change.Names should be site appropriate and should be, obviously, a pseudonym; do not use part of your character's name in their code names.
Interested? Fill out the form and hit up this thread.Name:
Why: (Why do you want to join the Society? this is an OOC part; just uses this to gauge what to do)
Str: 7 | Agility: 7 | Control: 7 | Stam: 9