Clans and Clubs

Register
Sign in
  Back   Reply

Sign-up  World Cultures Club

------

WORLD CULTURES CLUB

------

Welcome! In case it wasn't made clear by the banners and other nonsense, this is the OOC place to sign up for the IC World Cultures Club! I wanted to gauge interest before going all out into putting together a full-blown club, so here we are! Update: The club is now in existence!
What in tarnation is a World Cultures Club?
Well I'm glad you asked, because honestly that will depend on you! So far I've got some ideas, but I'm always open to hearing suggestions!
That didn't answer my question you nitwit!
Indeed, it did not, my apologies! I intend for this club to be a place where your characters can research different places and cultures, both past and present, and then present them for others to see and learn from. Think of it like show-and-tell on a global scale (and perhaps there will be actual instances of show-and-tell where the characters bring in different items and talk about them, only time and interest will tell). This could mean anything from a basic visual presentation, to art classes, to cooking. It also means that if your character wishes to teach others about their own culture, that this would be an excellent platform to do so!

The end-game here is to help broaden our characters' (and hopefully our own) horizons, so that we can better understand the world that we live in, and the people that come with it!

UPDATE (Aug. 31, 2018): There is now an OOC planning/discussions thread in an Unspecified Classroom on the Fifth Floor. Please direct all planning/discussion/hijinks there so that this thread can remain clear for potential new members!
Members
  • Masika Morales
  • Eris Fawley
  • Aurelia Bezuidenhout
  • Lucien Escanora
  • Serena Towers
  • Dot Dutt
  • Amadea Campbell
  • Sariel Monroe
  • Emma Hill
  • Rhea Bishop
  • Louis Fairbanks
  • Leah Cunningham     
Last edited by Masika Morales on 10th September 2018, 6:22 pm, edited 7 times in total.

دوام الحال من المحال. (dawaam il-Haal min il-muHaal.) — Egyptian Arabic Proverb
Continuing the same state is impossible. (Nothing stays the same.)
Strength: 2 | Agility: 12 | Control: 11 | Stamina: 5

I'm interested! We need some more diversity here! :love2:

THE EXTREME ALWAYS SEEMS TO MAKE AN IMPRESSION.
Eris Fawley:
Strength: 6 //Agility: 10 //Control: 9 //Stamina: 10

Eris Fawley wrote:
31<sup>st</sup> August 2018, 5:09 am
I'm interested! We need some more diversity here! :love2:
Hooray, my first customer victim applicant!

Since this is a work in progress, and me mostly throwing myself out there to gauge interest, if you have any friends, you should totally drag them here see if they want to join us too!

Hopefully we'll at least get a handful of interested parties and we can launch this thing!

Also, before I forget, if you've got any suggestions or ideas, go ahead an hit me with them! I want this to be fun, and I want everyone to feel like they're able to participate in a way that they enjoy!

Aurelia is Dutch and German. I think she would be able to show the students of Hogwarts the various cultures of Dutch and German.

As someone who knows many different languages ans spends 90% of time studying other cultures, I'll join. It sounds interesting.

My eyes aren't both blue. One is green. One is blue.
~
My theory. Music can fix anything. Anything.

I'm interested. I dont have a ton of time OOC to help out with this right now, to be honest but I think it's something Serena would do IC and we need some more diversity for sure!

Serena Towers --> Sta: 3, Agil: 8, Str: 2, Ctrl: 4, AP; 4, Acc: 9

I'd like to sign Dot up. She's from Pakistan, a country rich with vibrant history and sparkling traditions, and culture. My character would sure love to talk about what some of the hand gestures mean in Pakistan! And also the hard-won independence from cruelty!

"When I die, I want free Wi-Fi fitted inside my tombstone, just so people will visit more often."

I'm down for this! IC, Amadea would definitely be interested in the club, and OOC I am definitely interested! If you need any help, I will try my best to assist if you want it, though I don't have an excessive amount of time to do things currently. 

A human. Being.
Strength: 4 | Agility: 10 | Control: 12 | Stamina: 9

Oh good googly moogly, this is a lot more of a response than I anticipated in just one day! That means I have to actually go through with my threat promise to create the club!

I kid of course, though getting things rolling will be a bit daunting at first I'm sure. I'll be updating the first post with Members, and other relevant things (don't worry, I'll indicate when important changes have occurred in a new post).

Thank you all so much for your response, and hold on to your hats, because this is bound to be a bumpy ride!

An update has been added to the original post!

bounces up and down frantically Me! Pick me!

It is our choices that show us what we truly are far more than our abilities.

bounces up and down frantically Me! Pick me!
Picks you!

I'm highly interested, Emma is both Italian and Puerto Rican, it'd be fun to show others about the culture of Italy :D 

~ Emmaline Louise Hill ~
Stamina: 9 - Agility: 7 - Strength: 10 - Control: 9

oooh, i'd definitely be down for joining this club! i love studying cultures & languages, and learning more about other places. aaaa i'm so excited for this!

the trouble is, if you don't risk anything -- you risk more.
♕ℛ ♕
Strength: 9; Ability: 8; Control: 8; Stamina: 10

I would like to join! Smiles for the smiles god! Friends for the friend throne!

You cry not because you’re weak, but because you’ve been strong for too long
  Back   Reply