Clans and Clubs

Register
Sign in
  Back   Reply

LGBTQIAP Club

Yay! I’m happy that people are joining the community! :D

Just Jane

LGBTQIAP Club

Just something I quickly wrote... I had a LGBTQ meeting today at school and well... Let’s just say we were talking about coming out and I just broke down. For the past two hours I’ve been tearing up and trying to hide my tears. I wish I could just walk out of school and cry my eyeballs out.

Untitled

I think it’s cruel how everyone automatically thinks you’re straight. It’s just wrong, but of course. My thoughts don’t matter to my parents. Especially my mother, she just thinks I’m sick in the head and that it’s a disease. She think some of my friends are sick too. I can’t stand this anymore I feel different from before. It made me sick when she mention the word medication, as if I would take any! I don’t think it’s a phrase like my father thinks. I don’t think it’s a sickness. I don’t think it’s wrong. I don’t want to be disowned, or misunderstood. It stresses me out a lot. I can’t stand it anymore, my small feelings have become bigger over the years. Those feelings have haunted my mind until I just had to tell my parents and let everything go wrong. My mother isn’t even my birth mom which is why I get more emotional about it. I cry every night thinking about the words she said. The words that have left a scar on me. I like a girl for who she is, what would happen if I tell her? What would happen if my parents found out? They would be disappointed. They would give me long conversations about how I’m steering into the wrong direction….

I wished that my parents could just accept me.

I wished that everyone can accept people who are like me.

Love is not a choice. Nor who your child grows up to be.

Just Jane

LGBTQIAP Club

There aren't a lot of things I can say that'll make that situation better, and I'm sorry you have to go through that. Not a lot of parents seem to get it, and they seem to react worse to it than ignorant children. You're right, it's not wrong. It's not a sickness to love anyone. You don't need medication for it, and you especially don't need to change.

I think something that always makes me feel a little better when I'm upset about my family being not-so accepting, is that at the end of the day, it's not your problem how you feel. It's not your fault they feel that way, and you should never look at it as such. At the end of the line, you are who you are, and despite how much you love your parents, please never think you have to conform to what they want you to be. You have your own life for a reason.

Despite any long conversation you might receive, or the backlash, a good reminder to leave in your brain is that you are your own person.

I don't know if that helped at all, but.. The story made me kinda sad cause that really sucks. I'm sorry you have to go through that, but know that you're valid no matter what. :]

LGBTQIAP Club

I'm joining!

Dmitri is gay and I'm gender fluid irl ;)
Always the gayest time when I'm around ❤

Dmitri Kazimir Jones | Second Year Slytherin
Strength: 4 | Control: 10 | Agility: 10 | Stamina: 11

LGBTQIAP Club

Thank you for your support! I tend to get really frustrated sometimes, especially since I’m in middle school and everything just seems to be annoying to me.

Just Jane

LGBTQIAP Club

Well, we're all here to help if you need us for support!!

Outside of a dog, a dog is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's dark
- Groucho Marx

LGBTQIAP Club

Hi, I'd love to join! OOC I'm pan and I don't really care about my gender, I use she/her pronouns just cause it's easier, and my lovely Elio is queer as well! So far he hasn't given much thought to his gender or to the gender of the people he's attracted to, but gender is really the last thing he takes into account when he has a crush on someone.

Someone was asking what the letters meant, so quick explanation:
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Queer (umbrella term)/Questioning, Intersex (when your biological sex isn't just male/female), Asexual/Aromantic (no sexual and/or romantic attraction), Pansexual (attraction regardless of gender).
If someone feels I badly explained some of those, I apologise and I'll edit if you send me an owl. :)

Jane: I am incredibly sorry you have to go through that. It really really sucks when your parents of all people don't understand and don't support you. I don't think there's anything I or anyone could say that would make it easier. The most important thing right now is that you stay safe, you probably shouldn't try to talk to them about it if you think it could lead to them disowning you or medicating you. The second most important thing, and I cannot stress this enough: DO NOT BELIEVE THEM. You are not sick, there is nothing wrong with you, what you feel and who you are is VALID. Maybe it seems weird or absurd to say because you already know that, but sadly when you hear people say the same thing over and over, no matter how wrong and stupid it is, it sometimes ends up getting into your brain ans staying there for way too long.
No matter what happens, we'll be here for you <3

LGBTQIAP Club

Ohmygosh. Why am I crying? I’m just happy that I have many supporters, I try and try to ignore what my parents say but the worst part is that they are my parents. And their words mean a lot to me, which is why it can hurt me more than what other people say. This last week my mother and I have been sort of quiet with each other....

Just Jane

LGBTQIAP Club

Well, we are always here if you need us and we are all happy to give you advice. No matter what it takes, I don't think anyone deserves a bad life, no matter if they are gay, or if they have three heads. We're all here Jane, and if you ever want someone for support, everybody here will be more than happy to help you!

Outside of a dog, a dog is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's dark
- Groucho Marx

LGBTQIAP Club

I include myself into what Stella said. It's probably really annoying to have people saying they're sorry for you, oh you poor thing, pat on the head, hug, ok, goodbye - so I'll just say that I'm totally on your side. That I support you and understand you. I have no idea what to say, honestly... maybe your parents will understand some time. Maybe one day the world will realize that our gender is not who we are. If there's any possibility for us to support you, just say. We'll all be there. 

Don't you dare mess with me!

LGBTQIAP Club

Some really famous people were homosexual or similar. Oscar Wilde, just to say one. Maybe someone wants to read the book 'Moonlight Dreamers', inspired by him? It's not old or stuffy, I promise. It's about four teenage girls and about being different in a world where most people's desire is to be just the same as everyone else. 
It's the best book ever. 

Don't you dare mess with me!

LGBTQIAP Club

Yay. I ordered a free chest binder!

Just Jane

LGBTQIAP Club

Hey!! Nice!! Though please be sure it isn't too tight, though. Some binders can cause some nasty spine damage and harm your breathing. :(
  Back   Reply