Clans and Clubs

Register
Sign in

Elf appreciation Club  Club only 

Welcome and thank you for deciding to join Elf Appreciation and help us to spread the awareness of the low pay of house elfs and discrimination. Feel free to write any suggestions or make a discussion about what we can do as a club to help our fellow house elf's.

If you have any concerns about our club or how I can do any improvements feel free to send me an owl and I will reply to you as quick as I can.

General members:
Sophie Murphy
Lara Luthor
Mary Brown
Midas Jones
Amanda Sparrow
Ginger Mesley
Lisa Snape

President:

Anastasia Brown

Roles:
Co-president:
Clothing Maker: Avery Gardner
Event Co-ordinator:
Merchandise Designer: Ahkar Haik
Rally Organiser:
Sign Maker:
Flyer Maker: Muriel Carroll
Donations Collector: Suzy Jane
Badge Maker:
Sock collector: Haya Grace
Last edited by Anastasia Brown on 21st August 2018, 2:05 am, edited 32 times in total.

Aspire to inspire, before we expire

Hi, I'm happy to be apart of this club and be apart of a community that is going to make a difference. I can't wait to get started. <3

Don't mistake silence for weakness. Smart people don't plan big moves out loud.~Albert Einstein

Hello there! I was wondering if S.P.E.W could have a big brainstorming session on how we can help our fellow elves, and so everyone can get to know each other a bit better :biggrin:

♫ Live to express, not impress ♫

Thank you for the suggestion Lara, it sounds like a great idea and I think that would be a nice way to help everyone to get to know each other. If you do not mind it would be lovely if you would start us off with the brainstorm :D

Sure thing Anastasia! Before we get started, I'll introduce myself. My name is Lara Luthor, and I'm a first year here at Hogwarts. I'm a strong believer of equal rights, and I absolutely adore the color orange <3 Now that the introductions have been said, onto the brainstorming! I believe S.P.E.W should find a way to make Hogwarts elf-labour free. If we have magic, we should use it instead of making elves do all the work! And if that's too much to ask for, then at the very least have students helping out the elves. I also think that we should have at least one elf teacher, to make it clear Hogwarts doesn't do discrimination. And if one school starts hiring elf teachers, then it may cause a chain reaction around the other schools. Those are just a few of my ideas, and if anyone else wants to brainstorm I would be happy to partake!

♫ Live to express, not impress ♫

Hi everyone! I'm Mary Brown! I'm glad i could be apart of this! I have to say Lara made a pretty valuable point. I don't think these elves should be stuck doing the simple work we have magic for! If anything these elves deserve to be paid for all the labor they do anywhere and at any home! Elves are just as alive as emotional as the rest of us, they deserve to be treated like us to! I believe that eventually we should have a rally! There has to be more supporters out there than just our club! What are everyone elses thoughts?

Mary Brown~
This is my first time trying RP!
Owl me if you wanna chat on discord!

Hey guys! :D

If anyone would like to be the co-president and plan organised meetings and events please send me an owl and I will get back to you because at the moment everyone had really good ideas and I think that it is time make make some roles for our club.

If you would like any particular role you can also send me an owl. For example, (Event co-coordinator, clothing making. club merch designer etc.)

Hi everybody! So umm, not really sure if the whole brainstorming thing is still happening, but I just finished a flyer for the club! I'd love anyone's feedback on how to improve it! So... here it is  :sweatingbullets:

Stamina: 8; Agility: 8; Strength: 5; Control: 9

Moderator's Note:
Hey guys! Just jumping in here to let you know that there was a new law surrounding House Elves, in April 2005.

So in our characters' lives (as everyone would be born after 2005), house elves have always been paid and given regular hours. 

April 2005
- New laws established so that House Elves were to be paid for their, as well as having regular hours.
Sourced from our timeline: viewtopic.php?f=169&t=1036 

You can, of course, petition for other things - i.e. better pay, nicer clothing, more breaks, better hours or overtime for odd hours (i.e. late at night). ETC. You could argue they aren't always treated properly, even though they are being paid or something, if you wanted. But yeah, legally they would be employed members that are paid, rather than forced into work. 

Just wanted to let you know, in case it changed the purpose of the club somehow :) 

Serena Towers --> Sta: 3, Agil: 8, Str: 2, Ctrl: 4, AP; 4, Acc: 9

Okay cool. Thanks for letting us know :)