Clans and Clubs

Register
Sign in
  Back

Book Club  Open   Flood   OOC 

I'd love to be involved in a book club here 😀👍

God said there shall be pugs

A book club would be interesting! Count me in! What are the requirements for this though?

"Chocolate omnia constituit"
//Co-Founder of Gobstones Club//Writer//

As of now, we have no requirements, but have already settled on our first book:

The Bad Beginning (from A Series of Unfortunate Events) by Lemony Snicket.

Our plan is to have everyone obtain the book and read it (it's a quick read since it's made for 11-year-olds) and then set up a thread to discuss life and the book whenever we all agree.

Open to anyone, I suppose. I'm not sure if I'm the one taking initiative of this or if Eris Elcan will help me.

How I'd die to catch the freedom of falling...
The Lord of Advanced Summoning, Anatole Evans
STA:14 AGI:7 STR:4 CTRL:5

Ok! Thank you!

Hello? I hear my name. I would love to help out, and I've already read the book.
I would love to join the club!

THE EXTREME ALWAYS SEEMS TO MAKE AN IMPRESSION.
Eris Fawley:
Strength: 6 //Agility: 10 //Control: 9 //Stamina: 10

June entered the library to return a book she was reading. As she walked in, she saw a large group of witch and wizards chatting. She returned her book and walked over to the large group. June stayed at a corner just enough so that she could hear what they were talking about. There was a lot of talking, so she only caught three words. June heard the words, "Book Club" and "Join."

Books? I like anything that includes books! One trait about June that was quite obvious was that she was a bookworm. She would finish one book per week and go to the library to check out more. Although June was shy, she liked to talk to people that understood how she felt and didn't think she was some odd person that loved books.

June cautiously walked closer to the large group that was still growing with people. She looked around for the host of this, "Book Club." but couldn't find the person. So she decided that talking to one person would be enough.

As if on cue, June heard a conversation ending. She quickly walked over to that person and looked at her shyly. Finally, she got the confidence to ask, "Hi, I'm June.. June Diaz. Um, do you mind if I join? I mean, join your Book Club?" June waited patiently for the person's response.

"It is our choices (,Harry) that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
~ Albus Dumbledore

Time to get down to business! Alright, has everyone read at least a little bit of Snicket's The Bad Beginning?

What would be a good date that works for you all to begin an IC thread discussing the book?

I'd love to join a book club in here, that would be so cool. If you accept me that is?

Aspire to inspire, before we expire

Is this book club active? And if so, is there a leader?

I feel like I've just seen a lot of messages saying "I'll join" but nothing has really happened.

A human. Being.
Strength: 4 | Agility: 10 | Control: 12 | Stamina: 9

Yeah Anatole was the only person to actually do anything. We have a lot of members but...

Mia Alexander wrote:
10<sup>th</sup> May 2018, 1:36 am
Yeah Anatole was the only person to actually do anything. We have a lot of members but...
Yes? I was summoned...?

Can you organize this thing? You're organized right...

ALRIGHT THEN, SINNERS...

So, here's the deal. We've already settled on our first book, The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket. I'll go ahead and set a date for the first "meeting" aka IC discussion of the book beginning on May 25. It's a quick read since it's basically made for eleven-year-olds. Mk?

Back