Clans and Clubs

Register
Sign in
  Back

Hogwarts Orchestra!

Verla was shocked when he said Skyrim. "Where have you been all my life?" She giggled and scooted closer to him, "best game ever, I want to create a club called the Nightingales. I love Karlia so much, she's cool. I just bought the legendary pack not that long ago, it should be here soon. Eek! And if you don't want to do it, then just tell them and find something else of interest." She showed him the picture she drew of him and blushed immensely "I hope you don't mind that I drew you, you can have it if you want." She smiled at him, showing that she didn't mind drawing it.
"Oh! How rude of me, I'm Verla, Verla Harness. I come from Hufflepuff, y-y-your a Slytherin right?" She guessed by the colors on his cloak.
When he began to play again, she didn't know the song, though it didn't take her long to figure out the beat of the running of the song since he only played one part over and over. She was happy she found someone who liked Skyrim, she'd never known of someone who did. They already had so much in common, maybe if he had nothing against a half-blood.

"What cannot be seen, felt, or carried?" Person who gets this right I will donate some money to them.

Hogwarts Orchestra!

Lucien laughed slightly at her rhetorical question. "I can't exactly tell my family that, they'd have my head on a silver platter if I tried." He said shaking his head smiling. He looked at the drawing she did and was rather impressed with her art skills. "You're very good at drawing! Thank you." He smiled before taking the picture. He put it in a folder he carried with him that had important notes and documents he didn't want damaged. When Verla said her name Lucien's eyes widened. He recognized her name from his sister. "Oh so you're Verla?! I've heard about you from my sister Ara. She said you were in the restricted section in the library and she tried to hex and curse you." He said with a slight laugh. "I'm Lucien Avery Escanora. Feel free to call me Lu or Avery if you want. As long as you don't call me lotion or Lulu, we will most likely get along." He said with a smile. His younger sister and brother loved to call him Lulu or lotion, he didn't understand why though. He had tried to come up with bad nicknames for Maven but couldn't figure one out, his name seemed invincible to nicknames. His sister however got the lovely nickname of 'Ara is old' or just 'old.' The nicknames fit for her due to her middle name being Isolde. He wondered if he could come up with a clever nickname for Verla as well.

My eyes aren't both blue. One is green. One is blue.
~
My theory. Music can fix anything. Anything.

Hogwarts Orchestra!

She nodded "Your sister really likes potions, she told me something about crushing something with the side of the blade instead of cutting it, it would work better. She's really nice. I talked to her about your guys' aunt and uncle, they seem really just, awful. I thought you two looked familiar." She smiled nicely, hoping she wouldn't activate any past memories. She found it a coincidence that they were brother and sister, they seemed some what alike. Though Verla never knew her Slytherin friend had a brother who liked Orchestra. 

She hummed her song again as she went through her music papers and found a plain one and began to write on it. She hoped her wouldn't look at him, but she wouldn't care if he did. She put her violin in the case and looked at the others as she wrote notes and words on her paper on the stand. She continued to hum for a while as she did this, and within the hour, she created what seemed like a masterpiece. To her, it seemed like a childs' imagination. She created a duet between Lucien and herself "I always think that a violin and a cello sound good together, you've got the cute string and the low cute string, I think at least."

"What cannot be seen, felt, or carried?" Person who gets this right I will donate some money to them.

Hogwarts Orchestra!

Lucien almost burst out laughing when Verla said Aravis was nice. "Aravis? Nice? I think you've got the wrong sibling then, she's literally the devil. Our Aunt and Uncle are nice to me but terrible to her really." He said trying not to laugh. If his sister was so nice maybe she wouldn't have been such a nightmare growing up. "Just a heads up Aravis is probably someone you won't want to get close to, you two both lost house points together in the library right? I can guarantee she views that as a reason to torment you. Aravis isn't a nice person." He said with a wary voice. Normally he didn't talk so bad about his sister but he didn't want someone like Verla getting in her path of destruction. He loved his sister dearly but he didn't like some of the things she had done to their cousin or the people at school. "Not trying to talk bad about my sister of course. She has schizophrenia so she doesn't really understand how others feel and she can't always tell what is and isn't real. Some times she has anger outbursts, shes made our cousin cry a few times but it's not all her fault. It's mostly her mental illness and how she was raised. My Aunt and Uncle...well, they've done terrible things to her that I don't like mentioning. They've threatened to use the Cruciatus Curse on her once. Aunt Farrah never did because she didn't have the guts for it, but it was still a terrifying threat." He explained to Verla so she'd understand his sister better.

My eyes aren't both blue. One is green. One is blue.
~
My theory. Music can fix anything. Anything.

Hogwarts Orchestra!

"Really? They did? That's awful! I understand, but after that she didn't seem like she was mad at me since she went in there too, but I'll heed your warning, although if she shows she would like to be friends, then I'm going to take it. I have anxiety, depression, and anger issues so I kind of know how she feels. Although she might get help for it, my parents thought I would grow out of it, but I know it'll be a part of me for the rest of my life." She smiled slightly at him, she was glad that he cared about her being friends with his supposed demon sister, she was especially surprised since she was a half-blood, and Slytherin was based off of pure-bloods. I think, she thought. 

She hummed a different song, maybe being friends with a Slytherin like him would help her state of mind, help her stand up for herself and not always be shy from people or things. She pulled out her sketch book and showed him a picture of her friend looking at her bowtruckle, then showed a picture of her sitting on the dock by the lake and the detail of the trees and ripples in the water.

Hogwarts Orchestra!

Roma trembles in a corner. Too many people, she thinks quietly, don't have a panic attack, don't have a panic attack, I swear to god if I have a panic attack, I will run away from this school, it's only 7 people, dear stars. After a while, she manages to get over her nerves and mumbles quietly. "I have a viola with me... I left it under my bed in my dorm though, they said that they would destroy any muggle artefacts... or something like that..."She sighs softly. Curse her stupid shyness, and her stupid quietness. On the other hand, playing an instrument usually took away her shyness, if only for a few hours or so. She only wished that she'd had the foresight to bring along her viola, but then again, she didn't expect to be playing it here. She didn't even know why she'd decided to bring it along.

She swings her leg, fidgeting in the only way that she could while simultaneously looking casual. "Could I bring my instrument in tomorrow maybe...? Whatever's fine with you. I can go and get it now if you'd like. Hopefully, the Floo powder works." She looks at everybody else socializing with each other and realizes that nobody probably paid any attention to what she'd been saying previously.

Because we all have those little twinkles and those little twinkles are all important and beautiful and without even one the sky just wouldn't be the same.

Hogwarts Orchestra!

Alexx , Slytherin, Tuba, three years of experience (advanced)

Alexx was walking down the halls, where she heard a faint sound emerge from a room. Following the sound, she recognized it as a piano. It was further off than she had thought, so she sped up her pace. She watched as others walked in, and decided that she would follow after.

She knocked on the door of which she had just heard music emerging from a moment ago. Peeking inside, she saw the group assembling the orchestra. She smiled, pushing the door open and entering the room with determination.

"In order to have a proper orchestra, you need a bass line, yes?" She spoke up after hearing the male, almost leader, of the group taking names and signing people up. She had been playing tuba for three years and was relatively advanced, taking part in many honor bands and what not.

Strength:7 Agility:6 Control:5 Stamina:8
  Back