Clans and Clubs

Register
Sign in
  Back

Hogwarts Orchestra!

What's your favorite instrument to play?
Midas wandered around the school, looking for an empty classroom to study in. He walked down a corridor, wondering if he could ever find a classroom to study in. He pushed open a door, and was greeted with a large amount of dust and mothballs.

“So much dust… what could be in here?” he wondered. He walked into the room, taking note of many objects across the back wall which were covered with tapestries as well as dust.Midas walked over to the largest one and pulled off the cover. Bad idea. “Acchhh!” he coughed out. His clothes and his face were covered in dust.

He wiped some of the dust off, and generally just ignored it. He soon looked at what was under the tapestry. It looked like… a grand piano! The piano brought back many memories to Midas… Back when he was only 5, his mother had taught him how to play. Soon after, he was given a tutor as his mother couldn’t spend time with him anymore. 

He looked at the piano and pressed a few keys. The piano still worked! He looked at the seat, and manually adjusted it. He sat down and pondered about playing the piano. “Should I play it?” he thought “I might get in trouble… but it would be interesting...”

He decided he would play it. He started out with a few scales. The C scale… then the B scale… then the G scale… Again and again…

He moved on from scales to a piece. “What piece to play… I can’t really remember them that much… I’ll try… Prelude in G minor…”

Again and again… he played the piece… again… and again… and again…

He then moved onto a Sonata in B Major.

Again, he continuously played the piece… The sounds of the piano echoed through the room, and he ignored everything except the piano. In fact, he was so caught up with playing the piano he forgot he had left the door open, letting the music echo into the corridor.

Reducio

This is an RP for a music club, everyone is welcome! Please just put your name, house, instrument, and your level of expertise after your RP message if you would like to join the orchestra. BTW this is still a WIP so not everything may be figured out! You can send an OWL to me if you have any suggestions for this RP, also please make each response at least 200 words long. Thanks, and consider joining this club!
Example: Midas Jones, Ravenclaw, Piano, Advanced

I guess I should put something important here but I really have no actual idea on what I should put here but then again do I really need to put something here but still I have no idea what to put but then I might mess up s-

Hogwarts Orchestra!

Dymphna Teague, Ravenclaw, Piano, Beginner

The delightful sound of a piano drifted down the corridor, causing the Ravenclaw to stop in her tracks. It had been a while since she had heard the sound and she hadn't expected to at Hogwarts. Following it all the way down, she peeked inside to see the dusty room and a boy playing the piano in the middle of the room. She wished that she could play as good as he did but she had been more focused on the dancing and vocals. Not that it was a bad thing, she enjoyed singing but it wasn't something that she was comfortable doing in front of others. Ballet was another thing altogether, she loved performances and her family would always buy her flowers after.

Stepping into the room, she grinned the whole way over to him and stood nearby, enjoying the performance in hopes that they could chat afterwards. She was curious to know how often he had practiced. How did he start playing piano? What was his secret? Maybe over the breaks from school, she would pick it up again and practice on her grandpa's old piano that was starting to collect dust in the hallway of the inn.

☆ Dymphna Méabh Teague
Str:3; Agi: 15; Con:11; Sta: 6

Hogwarts Orchestra!

The sound of the musical scales meets the ears of a curious Roma, and she wanders after the music. She has always been one for music, ever since she started playing the viola at the age of 8. It was one of the few things that she was very confident about. She stumbles into a classroom, gazing around, and letting her eyes fall on the boy at the piano. It had never occurred to her that she'd need her viola at her school, and yet she brought it because it reminded her of her old home and it gave her a sense of safety. Despite this, her viola had been sitting on her bed, gathering dust, and nobody else had known about it. She goes over and joins the other girl, rather surprised at her own boldness, being a generally rather meek and quiet girl. She shuts her eyes, sitting down on a chair after gently wiping the dust off of it, and simply listens because that's what she does best. She claps softly after the piece, smiling. "You're quite good at this." Tilting her head for a moment, she asks quietly, "Where did you learn?"
Reducio
Roma Trilst, Hufflepuff, Viola, Advanced

Because we all have those little twinkles and those little twinkles are all important and beautiful and without even one the sky just wouldn't be the same.

Hogwarts Orchestra!

As Midas plays and plays, he realizes he enjoys this. “I haven’t had this much fun in ages!” he thinks to himself. After all, his world has almost been monotone - he had no views on life, just that he was there.

Finally, as he finishes up playing the piece, he realizes he is no longer the only person in the room. Across the room by the door, he sees two other girls observing him and clearly have been listening to him play the piano.

“I think… I saw one of those girls in the Ravenclaw common room…” he thought. "Where did they come from???" he thinks while trying to stand up.

Startled, he falls off the chair and knocks his head on the floor, all the while inhaling lots and lots of dust.

“How had they come in here?” he wondered “These walls just be pretty thick. Perhaps the door lets sound leak through? Or maybe ….” he continued on, not knowing he was speaking out loud. He also forgot about the fact that he had left the door open. “Umm…” He stammered out. Remembering he was on the floor, he stood up and brushed some dust off his clothes. “C… can I h-help you?” he asked.

Reducio
Great! Thanks for joining the club! I'm still pretty new to hogwarts.io so if my writing is awkward, sorry. Anyway, if you have any ideas on how to improve this club, it would be awesome to share them. Also, if you have any friends on here that might be interested tell them about this. (lol i sound like a telemarketer)  

I guess I should put something important here but I really have no actual idea on what I should put here but then again do I really need to put something here but still I have no idea what to put but then I might mess up s-

Hogwarts Orchestra!

Roma yelps quietly as the other falls over, wincing. She gets up to help him, but seeing as he's managed to get to his feet without help, she sits back down. As an answer to the question, she bites her lip, her previous boldness escaping her. "A-Ah... Not really, I suppose...? I came here because I thought your piano skills were wonderful... and I was curious to see who it was. I'm Roma...? Roma Trilst. Who are you?" She somehow manages to say this all in one breath, so that the 'Who are you' sounds rather strangled, and she inhales reflexively, mentally facepalming. I sound like an utter idiot, she thinks to herself. Curse my instinctive awkwardness. She offers a soft smile, fiddling around with her fingers in a poor attempt to discreetly hide her shyness, all the while mentally screeching at herself. "I don't know what she's here for though," she says, gesturing at the other girl. "She came here before me, so I have no clue."

Truth be told, she'd like nothing more than for the ground to open up and swallow her up so she didn't have to be in this situation anymore, but life is cruel sometimes.

Because we all have those little twinkles and those little twinkles are all important and beautiful and without even one the sky just wouldn't be the same.

Hogwarts Orchestra!

Amadea followed the sounds of instruments. After the mishap she had in the rehearsal room back at Hogwarts, she figured she should stay away from instruments at Hogwarts for a while. But of course, the sound dragged her back. She loved nothing more than to play whether it be her trombone or the piano. The giddiness she felt was something new, and Amadea welcomed the new feeling. She stumbled into the classroom and saw some other people crowded around the piano. It looked like a baby grand and was definitely good quality. Her fingers itched to glide over the keys but she restrained herself as she walked closer to the group.

"Hi..." she said hesitantly. "I'm Amadea. I heard music and I was interested in maybe playing with you guys? I can play the trombone. And also the piano. But I would love to also learn a new instrument so I would be willing to play anything you need. I mean. That is. If you want me to. If I'm intruding I'm really sorry. It's just that I heard the piano and whoever was playing is really good. So. Yeah." She meekly looked at everyone, who were now all staring back at her. Of course. She always managed to make situations completely awkward with her rambling. She really needed to work on the whole people thing.

A human. Being.
Strength: 4 | Agility: 10 | Control: 12 | Stamina: 9

Hogwarts Orchestra!

Cecily heard someone playing the piano, and like a moth to a flame, she followed the noise. She had always loved music-- singing, playing, all of it. She loved how individually, they sound like nothing, but if you put them together in a certain order and rhythm, it could convey so many different emotions.

She continued to follow the music until she found herself at a classroom door. She stood outside for a until she stumbled into a room with four or five people. One of them was sitting at a beautiful, albeit slightly dusty, piano, but the others looked nervous and awkward. Cecily thought she recognized a couple of student from the Ravenclaw common room; Dymphna, and another girl whose name was something like...Rome? No, Roma. Cecily heard a girl with wild red hair of them mention other instruments they could play, so she walked over, excited to meet fellow musicians.

"Hey, folks..." she started. "I'm Cecily. Was it you playing the piano?" She asked the boy sitting down. "It was beautiful. Anyway, I heard you guys mentioning instruments...? I play the clarinet and saxophone. I tried to learn the piano a few years ago, but I wasn't very good at it. So what is everyone doing in this dusty classroom?"

Reducio
Cecily Quinn, Ravenclaw --clarinet, advanced; saxophone, intermediate--

-- Cecily Quinn --
strength: 6 | agility: 10 | control: 11 | stamina: 8

Hogwarts Orchestra!

Emily was finished all her homework, and didn't know what to do. She wasn't much of a wonderer- so she heads to the library for another book to read.

On the way, she hears some playing the piano.
"A piano? Since...since when was there a piano in this school?"

Trying to follow the noise, she takes a few wrong turns but eventually gets to the source. A ravenclaw boy was playing the piano. She got slightly excited, she loves playing instruments, they calmed her, and it was a way to express your emotions. She often used her instruments when she was irritated or sad because of her strict parents. They know how to play instruments from a young age too, but never followed with the emotional part.

Emily realizes she was just standing at the door- staring. A few hufflepuffs were here and there. Perhaps this was a bad idea.

"U-um..."
No one heard. Her voice tends to be very quiet. And so, without permission, she walks to the corner of a room. Thankfully, someone noticed her.

"I-I'm really sorry for coming in without permission, I just hear the piano and umm, it was quite beautiful...sorry.'
She shyly smiled.

"B-but if you're looking for anyone I'd be glad to join! If, if uh, if it isn't a problem..."
She trailed off.

Reducio
Emily Lashkhia, First year, Advanced Piano, Guitar and Violin. Intermediate Viola and Flute. Have played most stringed instruments before.

If I can’t make people happy by my own self, then I’ll reach they’re expectation. Because to reach other’s happiness is a sacrifice on one’s self.

Hogwarts Orchestra!

Verla Harness, Hufflepuff, Violin 

Verla walked in with her violin case in her hand, she poked her head in the room and saw the others. Her mother had taught her to play the piano so she could read music, she always wanted to play violin in front of people. She didn't see much people here. She pulled her violin out of the case, pulled the bow to the strings, and began to play softly. She quietly entered her own world.

When she stopped playing, she saw all eyes on her. Was she really that bad? This was a mistake. Verla began to panic, she packed her violin and began to leave.
She hoped no one would stop her, but a part of her wished she was. She hoped she could get away from school while she was here, but clearly she was apparently wrong, and she was rarely ever wrong. She hoped someone could turn it around, she was embarrassed enough already and didn't know what else to sat or do. She heard her mother talking in her head, telling her to take a deep breathe, and clear her mind and enter her own world. She sat down, and began to play again.

"What cannot be seen, felt, or carried?" Person who gets this right I will donate some money to them.

Hogwarts Orchestra!

Lucien Escanora, Slytherin, Cello, Drums, & Flute- advanced.

Lucien had been carrying his cello case around looking for a place to practice. He heard violin playing and piano so he headed that was assuming it was a music room. He entered the room practically dragging a shiny black case that was much larger than he was behind him. He hadn't thought of bringing his flute however. He found the source of the music. It was coming from a curly brown haired girl. Still dragging his case he walked up to her. She looked a bit worried about something. "You're really good at the violin." He said with a simple smile. He figured it would perhaps ease her worried state. He made his way over to a corner of the room before pulling out his cell out of its case. He tuned the instrument carefully until it sounded right. He began playing a song his Father had taught him. It was a very advanced piece he had began learning when he was 5. It was also one of his mother's favorites which made it even better to him. He sat down, positioning the cello carefully before playing the first few measures of Where ever I may Roam. The song was originally by Metallica but he only knew the Apocalyptica version of the song. He hoped he didn't disturb anyone while playing.

My eyes aren't both blue. One is green. One is blue.
~
My theory. Music can fix anything. Anything.

Hogwarts Orchestra!

As Midas looked around, he realized a LOT more than 2 people had gathered. There were 7 people in total, including him. It was enough for an orchestra! Perhaps these people also enjoyed playing instruments like him. If they did, then perhaps, if they all came together, they could play together as an orchestra!

"Umm, so uhh, in order to s-start an orchestra, we need..." He began talking about the certain instruments needed for an orchestra, the planning, and etc. Then, he realized he needed to know what instruments he could work with. 

"So uh, what i-instruments do you all play?"

He recorded the instruments people played, making sure to ask each person. He took their name, the instrument, and their level of skill. The final was:

Piano - 3

Viola - 1

Clarinet - 1

Cello - 1

Violin - 1

Reducio

Just to make things less complicated, a lot of you guys put more than one instrument, if you could just owl me your main instrument (ie. the one you will usually roleplay with in this thread) that would be great! Thanks! I will edit this chart thing after replies, but for right now i put the first instrument you listed! Also, I'm really sorry about not replying sooner.

Hogwarts Orchestra!

Verla opened her bright blue eyes and looked at the boy who complemented her, she smiled slightly at him. When he sat down in a corner, he played a song she recognized. "I love that song!" She exclaimed and began to play with him on her violin, though she played low notes on it. She complemented him on his music and how cool his cello looked. He seemed kind, though she realized his was a Slytherin, but shrugged it off. Together, they sounded amazing. Verla had never played a song she liked with anyone. When the song was finished, she began to play the song "Nobel Fair maiden" from the movie Brave, since it was one of the lullabies her mother sang to her as a child.

She entered her own world as she played. She was happy when she played, and she began to sing to it, it was in a different language. She knew they would all be curious as to what she was singing and playing, but she would explain later. She loved the song, it was something that not a lot of people knew, so that was something that made her different from the others. So what?

"What cannot be seen, felt, or carried?" Person who gets this right I will donate some money to them.

Hogwarts Orchestra!

Lucien was happy to know they both knew the same song, and at that they played well together. He listened as Verla began to play a different song, she almost seemed lost in her music like it was her happy place. He hadn't heard the song before but when she began to sing it, he recognized the language. "Correct me if I'm wrong but...you're singing in Gaelic right?" He asked tilting his head a bit in question. He knew at least 6 languages and was learning a few more. He had never really studied Gaelic, he just knew bits and pieces of the language. "How many languages do you know?" He said before pulling a black cloth out of his pocket. He held onto the cello with one hand while cleaning off his glasses with the cloth in his other. After he figured they were clean enough he put the black cleaning cloth back into his pocket before putting his glasses back on adjusting them slightly. Once she finished Lucien began playing Sound of Silence hoping Verla would know it as well. As he played he wondered if he should tell his cousin and his sister about the Orchestra, after all his whole family was musically talented.

~

Hogwarts Orchestra!

Verla stopped playing and nodded at him "Only the song, my mother would sing it to me as a baby, I memorized it. How many do you know? I know a bit a spanish, but not enough to talk a conversation." She giggled as she knew the song too, she began to play. When they finished, she began playing "You raise me up" hoping he might know it. In the beginning she played the fast note change as if she were more experienced than that. She finished and put the violin down and rubbed her hand. "It's been a while, I haven't played since the week I left home. I learned how to play last year, I'm a fast learner, at some things." She giggled again as she looked down slightly, down at her bag as she rubbed her hands. She took out her art book after putting her violin away gently, and began to draw the boy with the cello, and that's exactly what she titled it. His eyes were closed as he played, and she smiled as she drew him, hoping he'd like it once she was done. Of course, she thought her art wasn't worth nothing, but her friend Levi begged to differ.

Hogwarts Orchestra!

When Verla asked him how many Lucien knew he smiled. He knew a ton. "Well, I know around 6 fluently, and I'm learning more. I know English, Russian, Spanish, Dutch, German, and Italian. I also know a lot of Korean, Finnish, Swedish, and I know a few words in Scottish Gaelic, Belarusian, and Icelandic. I also forgot to mention I can speak the Dragon Language from Skyrim- although that doesn't count because first of all it's fake and second, no one uses it." He says with a smile before playing along with Verla once again. He knew her song, it was interesting how much music the two of them both knew how to play. "I learned how to play my instruments when I was really young. I had music and multiple languages drilled into me when I was young. As the heir of my family, I'm supposed to be a minister of magic or an auror when I'm older. I don't really want to though. My younger siblings are lucky, she didn't have to learn everything I did." He said before playing a song that reminded him of his sister. A family friend had composed it so he knew Verla probably didn't recognize the song.

~
  Back