Corridors

Register
Sign in

Late Night Journey  Closed 

Sky had not intended to let the Snidget out of the girl’s dormitory. She was going to wait till morning to give the creature over to a professor to bring hopefully the cute thing to a nice sanctuary. She had found the bird like creature among the garden right before they had an important meeting to attend so she quickly cupped the small thing in her hands and set off to find a professor right then. But what Sky had not anticipated was the crowd and the teachers not listening as they moved into the hall. Sky was in no way able to get out of the crowd to find one so she pocketed the Snidget for safety. What Sky had not anticipated the most was that she forgot to turn the Snidget in and didn’t realize it till she was back in the dorm she hid it the best she could but it was too agile and what seemed to be fussy. She had left for a slight bit to attempt to get the cute little thing, something to eat, which was now proven to be a mistake. Which brings Sky to the present time walking amongst the corridors in her pajamas and no shoes. Sky already felt bad about being out past the time for bed thought past this in hopes to save the creature from any current home. So here she was on the hunt for the Snidget with some veggies in one arm and in her “You Shall Not Pass” pajamas. She thought the night couldn’t get any better.
Last edited by Bloom Silverton on 25th March 2018, 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jason didn't understand why he was doing this to himself. Risking getting in trouble and losing house points just to satisfy his own curiousity. A part of him wondered if there was something wrong with him at this point.

Jason couldn't fall asleep that night. Whether it was from anxiety or just not being tired he didn't know. Because of his inability to sleep, he decided to do a little reading in his spell book until he felt tired. He thought going to the common room would be more polite to his roommate because using lumos as a light source would be rude to anyone sleeping near him.

He arrived in the common room just in time to see a girl walk out in her pajamas. It was rather confusing as to why someone was going out of the common room at this time of night. Were they up to something sinister? Were they trying to explore the forbidden parts of the school? All of these questions ran around in his head begging for the answers needed.

So, he decided to silently follow the girl out into the corridor. Now that he was thinking about it this didn't really feel right to him. Following and stalking someone throught the night. It made him feel ugly. Like a horrible monster watching it's next meal from the shadows. Maybe that's why he decided to blow his own cover by getting closer to the girl.

"H-hello?" He called out to her, but his voice was barely above a whisper as he kept looking around praying a professor doesn't find them.

Kendra had been sneaking out almost every night. It's a wonder she had never been caught. In truth, she wouldn't even do anything specific, maybe wander around a little, stare at some paintings on the walls and then head back to her dorm. She just wouldn't forgive herself if something exciting happened while she was fast asleep in her bed. 

She had previously heard noises coming from the common room so she was certain there were other Slytherins out "on the loose". Curiosity was one of the main reasons she had sneaked out that night. Who knew what all the others were out for? She certainly wished to find out. 

Not really following anyone but rather simply wandering around in hopes of stumbling upon them, she made her way through the corridors in just her plain black pajamas and slippers. And she did...stumble upon someone, quite literally. Being distracted and confused by a Snidget that passed right above her head she followed it with her eyes and she felt herself bumping onto someone else with more force than expected resulting in both of them ending up on the floor.

She looked up and looked at the girl she had just clashed with. The girl was a Slytherin, as expected with red curly hair and in some rather peculiar pajamas. 

"I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" she asked noticing the girl was holding some vegetables in one hand. 

Kendra struggled to connect the dots, was the Snitch hers or was she just after some weird magical rabbit pet? The first part seemed more likely to be the case. 

Kendra

Sky heard the boy behind her and was immediately scared out of her wits, she immediately thought that the boy was a professor and was determined to talk her way out of this situation. However, when she turned to look at the boy she clashed into another student knocking the wind out of her a bit she gasps and fell right on her butt.

As the girl who Sky just looked at apologized asking if she was alright Sky managed to smile and stand up adding her now somewhat crushed veggies to her other arm for more protection she said “Good golly yes I’m fine sorry about not paying attention just glad the both of you aren’t professors.” Right then Sky noticed the small Snidget sitting at the edge of the hall watching them curiously as if it did cause this commotion.

Sky was about to shoot towards it to catch it, but knew that was an awful idea so she set out to enlist the fellow students that were currently right here. Plus, she didn’t want to seem rude for immediately running after the creature without an explanation. “Um care to help me catch a Snidget?” She looked to the boy than the girl in front of her. Sky had really hoped that they would say yes, but knew it would be ok if they didn’t want to besides, why should they help her when it was her that caused this big mess of a problem.

Kendra noticed the boy standing a little further, another Slytherin. So she had found them both, now time to figure out whether they had a wicked plan or not. The girl then said something about a Snidget. So it really was hers, and it seemed to have somehow escaped. That was it? The plan worthy of getting points removed for? Kendra had hoped the Slytherins would have at least opened the Chamber of Secrets or something similar. Dissapointment was obvious on her expression but her mind moved on quickly. 

She turned around to look at the Snidget sitting at the edge of the hall. She had a lot of questions on how the girl came to the possession of such a creature or how it had escaped in the first place but for now one question seemed to be the most important of all. 

"How do we catch it? Could we use a spell or something? " she asked. The little bird-like creature seemed to have no intention of coming back in peace, but then again how does one catch a bird that can fly so fast?  "Im Kendra by the way." she said standing up from the floor. 

Kendra

When Sky saw the disappointment in the girls face, she felt that she too should have been disappointed. Moreover, for herself why would you be risking everything for this endangered creature when you could be out exploring more forbidden places and to be fair Sky had had enough time exploring forbidden places here in a long time.

Sky sadly knew she had a duty to bring this snidget to safety even if it was a risky one that did not have much reward after it. Sky felt this was the right thing to do for now and if it was her who was endangered and not where she should be she would hope someone who help take care of her. Then the girl spoke, asking how they would catch it and asked if they could use a spell, then after all that she introduced herself. “I’m Sky it’s nice to meet you sort of wished it was under different circumstances.”

Sky said then quickly added, “I think we could attempt to use a spell, but we’d need to be extremely careful.” Sky felt she didn’t need to explain why they should be careful many people knew about Snidget’s and of course the fear of possibly getting caught using a spell. “We could first attempt to lure it with the food I got from it that could help a little… Hopefully” Sky said, getting a little close to the creature and placing down the little smashed and broken bits of veggies for it to hopefully come to feed on.

Jason hands covered his mouth muffling a loud gasp in reaction to the girls clashing with one another. His heart started to pound harder and faster in his chest after seeing the girl. He saw that she wasn't a professor, but that didn't calm him down very much. She could easily turn around and tell on them like a normal person would. But would she do that?

The pounding in his chest slowed once he started observing the two silently. He was a little more calmer knowing that their fellow housemate wasn't planning on telling on them, but rather wanted to help catch the creature. He was shocked that they girl was able to get her hands on such a creature, but didn't raise his curiousity in favor listening to the girls.

"Um. Maybe we should just leave it be?" He said in his whispering, timid tone. "Someone walking around to make sure students aren't sneaking around could find it right? We should probably just go back to bed before getting in trouble." While Jason was bringing up his concerns, he started looking around the corridor making sure they were alone.

The castle was a little scary at night, but the scariest thing was being caught by a professor at this time of night. The chances of that will become much greater by raising a ruckus by trying to catch something much faster than them.

I couldn't sleep it was hot and he was having bad dreams. So why not walk towards the corridors because you know nothing bad will happen "right".  He was walking faster now just to get the late night jog over because he didn't want to get caught by a professor. He was wearing a Slytherin hoodie and some jogging pants that were green at the time. He looked around to see if anybody was there, as he started walking he heard voices and a lot of gasps. Alright he was the person that was always curious of what people are doing because at times he also might be a person getting in trouble. He looked around the corner to see his friend Jason and two other girls that might have been Slytherin he wasn't sure.

He quickly ran over to Jason not to scare him, "hey me dood I see your with two girls in the middle of a corridor and your face is as white as a ghost." He waved at the two girls, Hello I am Jake Grimstone at your service I am Jason's friend. So what are we doing trying to see secret entrances because I've already found some here and in the library. Then he noticed the snidget the bird that is chased around in quidditch by seekers which he wanted to be one or a chaser. The bird was feeding on some veggies that was on the floor he looked pretty calm not when it's in an actual quidditch game. He looked around he didn't here anybody but he knew soon enough one professor would come for patrol or a head boy or girl.

It was dark and the knight armors on the wall were glowing a bit from the shine of the moon. He took out his wand he hadn't gotten out in a while which was when he was dueling and that had been a while back since most of the time now hes practicing quidditch because the first game was about to start soon.

~Jake Grimstone STATS-
STA:7,AGI:5,STE:2,CON:4,ARCP:7,ACC:6

Kendra watched the girl spreading the "bait" on the floor and they all stepped backwards to give the animal some space. The Snidget seemed to at least be interested about the food and approached only a little. She then heard the boy saying something about just letting the Sindget be. She walked a little closer to him, he stood taller than her which forced her to hold her head tilted upwards in order to look at his face. 

"Now you are worried about that? Did you think about getting caught when you decided to follow someone through the corridors in the middle of the night? " she said trying to sound intimidating even though she realised she was most likely failing at it. "We are getting that Snidget back, and you will help us do so, or you can at least keep an eye out for any professors." she concluded hoping for the best. 

Just then she saw another boy walking towards their way. She didn't even have time to freak out mistaking him for a professor since she was so caught up in the confrontation with the other boy. The two Slytherin boys seemed to recognise each other and the one that had just walked in introduced himself as James and asked what they were up to while also saying something about secret passages. Kendra rolled her eyes.

"I wish that was the case..." she said allowing James to take a moment to catch up with what was going on. He then proceeded to take out his wand. "Hey! Watch out with that!" Kendra exclaimed. The sudden noise caused the Snidget to get scared and flutter back to its original spot.

Kendra

Jake saw that Kendra was going crazy when I took out my wand and I also noticed how me and Jason are pretty tall that's not part of the subject. "Hey I just want to see if I can talk to it, I have a power to talk to animals and it's a bird right." He looked at all three of them they looked astonished well mostly my friend Jason because he couldn't do such a thing. I had taught my self how to do this and it was pretty hard and it took a lot of time.  

Jake looked at the sniget it gave a slight chirp which was a full on sentence in bird speak. He took a moment to comprehend what the bird was saying, "Well the bird is pretty sad I would be if I was a Quidditch toy" takes a look at Kendra which calmed down a bit. He then started making calculations in his head if the bird wanted to be free then it has to go to it's habitat which is most likely the forest. He wished he had the suitcase probably his brother will be there working with scared animals but he left it in the dorm so now he had to work with these people which was actually ok.

~Jake Grimstone STATS-

The boy expressing his concerns was right, but in this moment it was already too late Kendra had a fair point too. Feeling a bit annoyed by the constant talking while Sky was attempting to save the bird she tried her best to keep the little thing there hand feeding it the food.

This made it seem at least happy enough to come to them, she smiled as its beak pecked at it all and was close enough to reach over and cup the Snidget. That was before another boy came up rambling away normally this would not bother Sky but the Snidget made a fast beeline back to its original spot. Jake the boy introduced himself as said he was a friend of the boy with them and pulled out his wand this caused a slight conundrum with Kendra to which Sky sat up quickly to help defend her if the boy was attempting to say anything problem worthy.

Luck to all their amusement the boy was only taking it out to use for speaking to the Snidget. This made Sky a bit skeptical not that she didn’t think the boy could, but it was a rare sight to see in some wizards and witches. Sky felt the urge to say, well I attempted to talk to my lizard as a kid and that turned out awful but opted out of that and instead said “Just please be careful, don’t scare it off any more than it already is and don’t make too much noise as much as I would love to tell a professor about this I would rather wait till morning and not have the impending feeling of being suspended for being here now. Which, yes I know if I didn’t want this to happen then I shouldn’t have done what I’m doing now. But I am going to take full responsibility for this including the Snidget it has a right to freedom in a safe haven not in school or a forest full of well us and predators. Um, no offense.”

Ok the girls are getting there way that's fine but he needs to be home not in the middle of a corridor which he could be stepped on or even taken to.... Somewhere which I am not sure of yet. Why I can speak to animals is because my half brother taught me, which is Newt Scamander.. I actually haven't even seen him in a while.  Ok so any ideas on where to put this bird in the mean time, honestly if you don't like the forest then the other place is.. The Slytherin Common room. I honestly just through that out there to give them hope that the bird will not die in the hands of a 11-year old which is pretty much us in general. But it would probably happen if we left it out here. Alright what were going to do is go back to the common room it's the safer place than out here. 

I was trying not to think to hard because the time that is it is right now well it's really late and your brain starts to hurt. I stood up slowly and started backing up from the snidget, I gave a slight tweet which is mostly to go in my hand in bird language. I gently gave out my arm in front of me.. the bird slowly started hoping towards my arm then one final leap and he landed. Jake gave out a slow "Yes" to his friends to show them what he had done. 

The bird somehow had grown the strength to liking us which meant we were the bird's friends of course. Ok.. were are we going now trying to not shake his arm to much so the snidget wouldn't be scared and try to run away again. I really hope you guys have a plan to get this bird somewhere, trying to point at the snidget in his hand. He was surprised Kendra hadn't said anything "Like great job bozzo" or something she just sat there staring through me with a slight grin.

Did she like me now that I had gotten a bird to go on my hand or because I can speak to animals? He wasn't so sure about the grin and the staring at him but he knew inside of her she liked him.

~Jake Grimstone STATS-

Sky was impressed when Jake actually did get the snidget to go with him she kind of thought now he didn’t seem so crazy. She did however feel a bit annoyed at how high and mighty he seemed because he did what he did and the much movement he was making with the bird like creature on his arm and how he thought the Snidget could stay in the common room of their house.
Sky said gently taking back the Snidget, “He was already staying in the girls dorm with me safely that’s where I had him till he got hungry so I left to get him something. The common room can cause problems too.” Sky smiled as the snidget snuggled up against her neck it was tired and Sky thought of course it would be considering it was going all night. She turned to Kendra to see what she wanted to do in the meantime. “Do you wanna head back to the dorms now?” Sky kind of hoped she would say no but felt it would be alright if they did.