Corridors

Register
Sign in

Enimies or Friends?  Pv Erik Tharaldson 

It was a somewhat normal afternoon. It was Thursday and most students were either in class or on their free period. Not many students were seen in the halls. Most students that were on their free period were out on the grounds or studying in the library, but not Eri. Today she wasn't outside, nor was she in the library. Today she was headed to the owlery.

The bottom half of her hair was whit which made her stand out in a crowd and her bangs were marron, but the top half of her hair was brown. She could probably be recognized in a crowd just because of the uniqueness of her hair.  She was dressed in her black and blue robes and her black earrings, black choker, and emerald necklace. And had her army satchel slung over one shoulder.

The Ravenclaw wasn't really paying attention to anything in the hall way. All she was paying attention to was the letter in her hand. It was from her friend in Ukraine. She missed him. They grew up together that entire two-three years when her aunt had some serious issues at work she had to deal with. But Eri was so emmerssed in the letter she didn't see the first year ahead of her in the hall.

{Dreams stay dreams until you make them reality.'}Eri Windstone. STR:10 AGI:7 CNT:5 STM:4

It was Thursday afternoon after the midday meal Erik found himself clueless of what to do. It seemed he had two choices. The first option, go back to the Slytherin Common Room and be stuck in the dungeons all day long again or the second, go out and explore Hogwarts, see what adventures might lie ahead of him or as the cherry on top of the cake, stir up some trouble. For some "mysterious" reason stirring trouble appealed to him.

Lets see what this place has to offer., he thought to himself. Erik was dressed in the silver and green of his house with his backpack flung over his shoulder. One of many faceless students, if not for his remarkable venomous green eyes that seemed to peer through you and his blond hair that was a trademark of the Scandinavian populace.

After a few hours of exploring Hogwarts Erik thought this would be just another boring day untill an opportunity presented itself. He saw her comming. She definitly was an eye catcher in the midst of the crowd. Her appearance made her more then just stand out. A Ravenclaw girl it seemed and would you look at that, she was reading. It seemed every Ravenclawer was reading. Erik wondered if they ever did anything besides reading? No matter he would show her that it wasn't healthy to be stuck with your nose inside books all the time. He waited untill she was close enough and stretched out his leg in front of her way. Timber!, he yelled at her as the girl tumbled to the ground and the floor was littered with the contents of her army satchel. He quickly snatched the letter of the ground the Ravenclaw girl was reading.

Eri started falling towards the ground and someone yelled timber and she hit the ground. "Ow." She said then saw the boy snatching the letter off the ground she growled then gathered all her stuff off the ground. She grabbed all of her pencils and her sketchbook and a packet of gum and stuck it back in her back. Then she stood up. "Give that back." Her Russian accent was a bit stronger now that she was angry. EriEri wiped a peice of her hair out of her face and noticed a peice of paper on the ground an drew picked it back up and stuffed it in her bag.

"Look I would appreciate it if I didn't have to take the paper by force." She said growling. And started to think on how she could get the paper away from him with out getting in trouble again . "May I have it back now? You caused enough trouble for the day. At least I think." She frowned at him and just waited for him to give her her paper back or just not. Though she didn't want to do anything stupid or childish or something she would definitely regret.

{Dreams stay dreams until you make them reality.'}Eri Windstone. STR:10 AGI:7 CNT:5 STM:4

Once the girl fell to the ground Erik wanted to start reading the letter the girl had dropped, but before he could even start she demanded to get it back. Even through the use of force. This caused him to laugh out loud. Oh, my! It seems you want this back that desperatly, huh?, he said whilst indicating the letter he held in his hand. In his mind however Erik was already thinking what the fastest way back to the Slyterhin Common Room was. She was older then him so she knew the castle a lot better and she had longer legs if it came down to running. Would she risk letting her house lose points over this? To be honest he didn't knew and he didn't like it for one bit. What other options did he have? Hmmm... He could always reverd to bluffing and trying to make a trade. Yes, that'll do., Erik thought to himself, Lets see what I can get out of this.

Well what do I get in turn for it? I know you can't use force. However if you do that it would cost you and your house some points and for some reason I don't think that would make you popular with your fellow Ravenclawers. So! What do you have to offer?, Erik said with a grin on his face whilst at the same time praying she wouldn't revert to violence. Erik didn't knew how he would be able to defend himself against her. Let alone defend himself against magic. He casually walked over to a nearby bench and sat himself down nonchalantly whilst letting the hand with the letter rest on the back of the bench and his other hand went inside his robes carefully wrapping around his wand just in case this might not go as planned.

Okay Eri was barely taller than he was but definitely could run faster from her years of cross country. Though her wand was a little far out for her to use. She still didn't like dueling ever since what happened in her first year. "You're right I wouldn't use force, but it's for other reasons. I'm already not very popular in my house for some thing that happened last year." Eri frowned. What did she have to offer? Really, he was turning in a situation where he stole her letter then wanted something in turn. This made her want to punch him. Eri took a deep breath and closed her eyes. Once she was calm she reopen her eyes. 

"Look here, whatever your name is, that is personal property you have in your hand right there." She watched as he put his hand on the bench he was sitting on then put his other hand in his pocket where his wand was. She was a bit scared what if he knew more spells? "Look I'm not sure what I have. All that's in my bag is maybe art supplies for my drawings and some paper for a letter, my sketchbook, and my journal." She said watching him carefully.
Last edited by Eri Windstone on 15th November 2018, 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Erik started breathing again, which he hadn't realised he had stopped, once he heard she wouldn't use any force on him. If he was perfectly honest with himself he hadn't really expected she would be willing to trade with him nor talk to him. However this wouldn't stop him from walking further down this road. What could she possibly posses that he wanted? He had no need for art supplies, paper, a sketchbook let alone a journal. He was interested in her story. More specifically why she was so unpopular with her own house.

It seems you're in luck! I have no need for your posessions nor this letter. I just want to hear your story. More specifically why you're so unpopular with your house and what happened last year. Don't think about telling me it's a long story. I got time. He saw she was looking at his hand inside his robes that was wrapped around his wand. He couldn't help but chuckle. You're perceptive. I like it. Erik pulled out his hand from his pocket and gestured towards the empty spot on the bench next to him. Take a seat.

Erik waited patiently for her to take the seat and then continued. Before you start your story let me introduce myself. My name is Erik Tharaldson and I hail from Tønsberg, Norway. I'm the heir to the Tharaldson Pure-blood family. Can I inquire who you might be?, he asked whilst using his most disarming smile.

Eri was going to tell him it's a long story so she didn't even have to say anything, but then he told her not to. She probably wouldn't even get her letter back until she told him the story. Rolling her eyes at him she sighed. Then he said he liked her perceptiveness. "I mean I didn't want to get blasted so you couldn't surprise me with a random blast of magic." Eri said before she did what he said and sat down next to him on the bench. Then she wiped a strand of hair out of her face.

"I'm Eri Windstone from Ukraine. I'm a pureblood. I live in London with my Aunt and I'm the child of the two famous daily prophet journalists that I do not like." She said the last part with a snarl. "When do you want me to tell you the story. I would like to not relive this stupid memory from the past." True she was older and probably Taller, but he was still good at getting under her skin and she didn't like it at all.  So he was also a pureblood.  Well maybe their view on muggles was different cause she didn't hate muggles.
Last edited by Eri Windstone on 15th November 2018, 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Erik laughed at her remark whilst she did as he had asked of her and took a seat next to him on the bench. So she didn't have a clue what he might or might not be capable off. Good, he thought to himself, if you don't know I won't be the one to enlighten you.

It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Eri. Ah, I thought your surname ringed a bell. Now I know why. I'm a fan of your parents work. Did you inherit their talent of writing as well?, then he realised the bitter tone when she spoke about her parents. Not a big fan of your folks I take it? How so? It seems strange to me you wouldn't get along with your parents. Certainly not when they are this accomplished. Erik was genuinly curious about this girl. It seemed she was far more interesting then he could have imagined when he first saw her.

How is London to you? I bet it's a very different scene then you are used to from the Ukraine? And a fellow Pure-blood you say? That's good! We should stick together. Hogwarts seems to be taking in all kinds of so called wizards and witches these days. I've seen plenty of mudbloods around here. It wouldn't surprise me to hear there were a few Squibs here as well.

Erik was resolute on this viewing point. He had only interacted with those pure of blood before in Norway as he frequented high class circles and they all looked down and frowned upon mudbloods and the likes.

But!, Erik bursted out, let us not forget about the little deal we just made! When I want to hear the story? Now, of course! Why waste time? Don't think about shortening the story or summarising it for me or any of the sorts. I don't want any of that! I want to hear it completly from the source itself. So lets get this story going now shall we?, he said whilst repositioning himself on the bench so he had a better view on the Ravenclaw girl and could enjoy the story more.

Eri watched him warily making sure he didn't try anything. Why doesn't she like them well that was an easy question. "Yeah I got their writing skills, but I love to draw and paint more. The reason I don't like them? Well for starters I've never seen them in person. They are always to busy with work and can only send letters every birthday or Christmas."  Eri said. So he was a fan of their writing, and so were a lot of people in the wizarding community an for it kind of drive her nuts.

"I've lived in London more than I have Ukraine. Then I went back with my two brothers for two and a half years to live with some friends while my aunt had some problems at work, but we go more than three times a year. But yes London is different." 

Now she has to tell that stupid story. "Well a Slytherin boy asked to sit at our table. I let him sit with me, but one of the kids didn't like him and tried to attack him, but me being the foolish girl I was true do to do protege, but got my words confused and said diffindo causing my fellow Ravenclaw to get hurt and now I'm not exactly that favored in my house."

Well, well. It seems we might have another Daily Prophet journalist soon then? You mentioned you had never seen your parents before. I can't imagine that to be true. You must have seen them at least once on a particular occasion. How do they feel about you being in Ravenclaw? Erik couldn't imagine not seeing his parents or talking to them. They would do anything for him. Even if that meant to sent him away to be safe in another country. At least for the period of his studies untill he is strong enough to defend himself.

Ah, well I'm glad to see I'm not the only student with an accent., he said with a wink.

He listened to every word she spoke. Not wishing to let anything get passed him. Not even the seeminly insignificant details. After she was done telling her story, he looked confused at her. That's it?, he said with a growing smile. You messed up a simple spell., he laughed out loud letting his one hand fall on his stomach. However you made him bite in the dust. I can respect that. Ever thought of joining the Dueling Club? No matter how hard Erik tried he couldn't say the last part with a straight face. You might not be popular with your house, but I bet they know better then to mess with you.

He sighed as he had to keep his word now even though he was a tad bit disappointed at the length of the story. A deal is a deal. Here's your letter. Thank you for entertaining me!

Eri shook her head. "I said I have never seen the movie in resin and I meant it." She said in a harsh tone. "Sorry, bitter subject. And I don't know. I never told them. I don't exactly write back to them." The Ravenclaw said frowning. "It's still a hard subject. When I was little I went to this pureblood Academy. I was nine that year. And I was the center ignored bullying, because my parents didn't raise me. That's whenever I learned to fight so they learned to not mess with me or get a broken jaw." She said remembering those awful days. 

"Everyone has an accent. Just others have different ones so they sound different." She told him.

"I shortened it a small bit. But I have other stories about my greatest fears, but you don't have a reason to make me tell them anymore so ha." She said smiling then taking the paper she placed it in her bag. Though she hadn't realized her necklace with a gold and silver tree had fallen by his foot when he tripped her and her bag spilled. She was about to get up when she saw it and frowned hoping he didn't see it.

I can't imagine what that would be like. On the other hand you must've learned pretty quickly how to be independent? When he heard about the bullying and that she would fysically hurt someone who was pushing her buttons he moved a bit further away from her. Yeah it seems you can take good care of yourself.

Erik wasn't satisfied yet with the story she had told, so he was intrigued with what else he could get out of her. Unfortunately for him he had no leverage and he doubted she would tell him anything if he just asked her. Then she quickly snatched the letter from his hand. Hey, you don't have to rub it in my face like that!, was all he could say when her face turned from smiling into a frown. He followed the trail of her eyes and saw something shine by his foot.

Erik quickly kicked the shining object more towards him and picked it up. What do we have here? A necklace. A gold and silver tree. This looks surprisingly similar like the one you were wearing before you fell. Any chance I might be hearing those stories about your greatest fears? Erik couldn't help but smile at the sudden turn of events. He was back in control of the situation and he wasn't going to hand it over soon.

Eri frowned when he scooted away. "It was only once though. After months of getting punched, shoved, and tripped, I think he deserved his jaw broken. But I wouldn't do it again." Eri looked at him for a second then looked away. She smirked.

When he looked down and saw her necklace she inwardly cursed. It had fallen off when she fell and she didn't want him to see it so she could just leave. "One story and I get it back? Or are you going to make a better deal where you get more out of it?" She asked him.

The brunette wiped her maroon bangs out of her face. She hoped she could get by with just shortening her story. And she had mixed feelings that he bad for her, but she hoped he wasn't still scared of her. She wouldn't hurt him. She has only done punched someone once this year, but she wouldn't do it again. 

Eri was trying to figure out how to get her necklace back without having to tell the story. She could take her wand out, but she wouldn't use a spell and he already knows that, and violence is out of the question. So she guesses she will have to go along with whatever he said. Cause that necklace was very important to her.

Erik listened to her defense why she broke another boy's jaw. He wasn't in the slightest reassured she wouldn't do it again. As he had tripped her as well. So he would keep his distance. Sure, I believe you., Erik said feigning believability.

Well now that's a good idea! Why ask for one if I could hear multiple? Genious! That's probably why you Ravenclaws always seem to be so smart. He couldn't help but sound sarcastic at his last remark. This time however there won't be any cheating, okay? No shortening the story or leaving out details. Otherwise I'll hold on to this necklace. Now tell me the stories about your fears. If I'm satisfied you'll get your necklace back. You have my word. However if not... Well you already know. So!, Erik pulled his legs underneath him and sat crosslegged whilst he was eagerly looking with his venomous green eyes to her. Lets get this story started.

Whilst he was waiting for her to start the story he took a good look at her. She seemed like she had an inward struggle. Erik hoped that she would tell him the stories, if not well then he had this stupid necklace, but no entertainment. He just hoped she was serious about the not resorting to violence part.

The Eri frowned that he said he believed her, but she could tell that he didn't mean it. She looked away for a second then looked back at him. 

"Geez, why did I even say something. But I guess I'll take that sarcasim as a complement." Eri looked at him and waited for him to tell her what deal he wanted to make. Sometimes she wishes she didn't like to rub things in. 

"Fine. Okay I'm scared of wolves and being alone in the woods at dark. Okay when I was nine the same time I went to that horrible school I went to explore some woods in London they reminded me of some forest in Ukraine. I knew every peice of land in those woods. But As I was exploring I tripped in a hole that wasn't there before, breaking my leg. So I had to quickly fine shelter after I built a fire. Once it got dark I knew my Aunt would call the authorities. But while I was warming up by the fire I heard howling and quickly built a stone shelter. As I hid in the shelter I heard wolves and the sound of scratching on my stone shelter and loud breathing. It was scary." She paused.